It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Seriously....have you seen this?

I think being alone and being online has taken a whole new turn (and for the best).

To my mind that band you linked to was crass, compliant to contemporary compliance and forgettable - as I'm sure you will agree with one day soon.

Nothing against your taste in music - but there is lots out there.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Someone once said that one could be in a room with 400 people
and still be alone. I guess within the 400 people, there is
no one to click with. Sometimes only certain people click and
they are far and few. The people one works with are not your real
friends as some will stab you in the back for some sort of recognition.
A real friend is hard to come by. I myself cannot think of anyone
whom I would totally trust.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

If one comes up with a brilliant idea, at least to that person and then
the feedback is harsh and negative, how will that affect ones
self-esteem? Will one them crawl even deeper into a void? I have
thought of threads I thought would be interesting but hesitate
do to being criticized or just no response. This outcome would
be more devastating.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fumino

I have always wanted to do something like this, but.. how?

First, you need to save up a little money before you start your journey. You'll also need a passport, though everyone should have anyway. You do have a passport, right? If you don't, run down to the post office and get one. It should take a couple of weeks to a month after you apply.

Depending on where you want to go, you will need enough money to buy a plane ticket and expenses for the first week, two or three that you are there. Lets say that you want to back pack through Europe, you'd need enough money for the plane ticket there, as well as enough to nuy a Euro-rail pass. Then, you will need enough to stay in hostels here and there (hostels are much cheaper than hotels. Don't be affraid to sleep on trains or in the woods. Also, don't be afraid to save mony by doing laundry in the sink at the hostile or even in a river somewhere. You really only need to ensure that you wash your underwear and socks everyday.

If you are planning on going to Africa or Lat Am to volunteer, the best advice I can give you, is to show up. If you try to volunteer from the States, you are going to have a much harder time. If you are standing there, in the person, they are more likely to just accept you. Do your research. You can even start your own charity. It's simple really, make yourself useful and valuable. Use your "westernized" upbringing to help you, though don't let it put you in danger.

It's real simple, you can stay at home "planning" on going out and spinning your wheels or you can just go for it. Remember that the best rewards come only after risk. Also, remember that tough times lay ahead but that's also part of the experience and with those tough times, comes rewards. nothing is a cake-walk and nothing is risk free. Sometimes you just have to jump in.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If you don't have friends then what do you have? whats keeping you going?. I just don't care about friends anymore, couldn't care less about 98% of the people i know. You're either gonna live in ignorance and bliss and enjoy your life in a trance, or you're gonna question and understand this society and realize its not something you wanna be part of. I think you chose the blue pill that's why your on ATS..........Just how long ago did you realize how the world really is? I don't know, but if it was recently i guess that's why you feel like that. You feel frustrated with life because you realize it isn't easy getting people in the same mind state. I guess if your honest, responsible and self righteous this is a journey you must make, a journey that will never end. I know cause I'm living it.......and if people don't wake up i move on regardless of who they are....friends, family members etc. I am alone because i choose to be, i have 2 close friends and a girlfriend. And trust me life is so much better now, you don't need 300 friends to be happy. Growing up i was always a popular guy, up until 4 years ago....i realized friends mean nothing but more problems....i made myself a nobody....an outcast...and this is exactly where i want to be.

So go join the gym, build yourself esteem, keep yourself occupied but remember....friends don't mean sh.....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
.I'm glad I changed out my "bill the butcher" avatar. People on the internet are not really friends either. Who knows right?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am really happy to see all the responses this post has generated. It shows the goodness that exists out there.

Your post reminded me of the main character of a book, which is free to read online. I don't mean to spam this board but I don't have enough posts to be able to send you a message and I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been covered by other members.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

As far as the [url=http://kerisologi.multiply.com/photos/album/13/Festifal_Kesenian_Indonesia_FKI_Surabaya_2003?&show_interstitial=1&u=%2Fphotos%2Falbum]Fkisby[/url ] is concerned (you know the one), I believe in one's pOtential though where it's going is.....anyone's guess. Gone with the wind.....

^Must^ be a bad link or 'something'.
Understood.....
Agreed.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

]Fkisby[/url]

Try removing the space before the last ]

That might get your URL working

Edit to say:
copying pasting and adjusting won't work for me--it will only show what you posted.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by canadiansenior70]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Isn't there other sites for this kind of thing?

Talk to a profesional or something, not trying to sound harsh or anything but i don't think this sites intentions are to guide people on how to make friends. Its meant to be a basic thing you pick up through childhood.

Although i suppose i could offer one bit of advice. Go outside, go anywhere where there are people. Talk to people you don't know. Go somewhere where there will be people with common interests. Go to a pub, club whatever. Like i said, go out, socialize.

Thats the easiest way to make friends unless you want e-friends which can't actually be there for you. If your still having problems then i suggest you either like it or try and change your personality.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
yup, you're pretty much a loser, you should start a loser club on the internet and charge a monthly sub. fee. then you'll be a considered a genius and graduate from loser into the former loser who got rich on the internet catergory. pretty good company, like the girls gone wild owner. he's still a loser but gets massive amounts of putang.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

"You say, "I am a dreamer."

Don't get lost in your self-dream. You have started to express yourself here. Work at it. You sound like a bound-up writer to me. Let it out, express it. What society would want from you is not as important as what you would want for yourself.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Do you really feel this way.If so, than do not feel alone.All my friend have died and I am disabled, so I do not get out much. I do not like the bar or normal get together. I like very spiritual things and find talking about the normal talk foolish and boring. I also feel alone and on the web at least I find like minded people. I would gladly be your friend and you can find me on you tube at johnkillrory or e-mail me at tassey_7@msn,com. I am right now getting a web cam, so I can talk about alien Encounters that started when I was three and have went on to this day. There is a small production company that has said if I where to do this and got quite a few hits they would make a movie of all my Experiences.I am now in the process of doing just that. Most people think that I am crazy, but a lot who have had these encounters or believe want to hear more, so away I go.You are not alone and I would gladly be friends with you.
johnkillrory

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

i dont have any friends either but i have a web site to meet a girl

www.whowantstomarryme.co.uk...

i think theres a conspiracy to stop people finding me interesting and marrying me. i think if anyone said they had $100k saved up then there would be some activity.

i think people like 'us', with no friends are Govt Prisoners in a Govt managed cyber world where media stunts like the 'Discovery channel' siege are fabricated to 'lift' our spirits.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

Then you frighten me, because you truly have nothing to lose.

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

Serial killer..sorry but I call them as I see them. A person with these thoughts would find proof of self existence by taking life

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

A supermarket would probably be your ideal hunting grounds, and who would suspect the mop-boy, or girl.

I am a dreamer.

No , you are a predator.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

This is the most interesting part. Its like a challenge. Very intriguing. Do you want to be caught?

Anyway, these are my thoughts. Take them with a grain of salt as Im sure they are innaccurate and misguided. For I openly and proudly admit I am a troll of the worst kind. Though ATS has assisted me a great deal in sorting out various confusions, as well as been an excellent place for intellectual venting and exploration.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You say you have no friends. Look at this website, everyone on here has something in common. We know the truth, we are not naive and we really know what's happening in this world. You have all of as, as we have you.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
this is pretty deep thread...sounds like this guy needs someone to talk to...if he has a brilliant idea hopefully he could tell somebody about it....but he probably won't bacause he is afraid nobody will like it...too bad....your life is as great as you make it...if you don't like the way its going right now then do something about it to change...we have all been in your shoes but its the ones that work extra hard to change that win in the end...if you just sit around and spiral downhill things will never get better....my favorite phrase....LETS DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT IS WRONG AT LEAST WE ARE TRYING...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Original 'nice' message retracted as I believe this is a hoax.

'My only dream is to mop the floor'....

And now... The moment we've all been waiting for...
The obligatory video from youtube!!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by ByteChanger]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sorry. but

PS:

I hope you are not some fricking idiot wasting everyone's time and just trolling. I have to admit, my BS detector is clicking like mad...

I mean

I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

You have good grammar. Multiple syllables, Capitals where they should be. Periods, etc.

You speak as if you believe you are a philosopher..

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

but this just equates to

if a tree falls in the forest, does anyone hear it?

So, you are somewhat well read I guess.

You obviously have computer skills!! You accessed ATS and created an account.

But seriously... This is the part my detector goes wild.

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket.

So, could you please explain to me how someone with these life skills aspires to be a "Sanitation Engineer"?

Otherwise, grab a mop, go to the supermarket and start cleaning... No one will stop you and you have achieved your dream.

Honestly, now I'm starting to think you are a somewhat intelligent individual, suckering a bunch of good, kind people here at ATS.

I call shenanigans or hoax or whatever!!!

As the 'robot' would say... That does not compute!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Alright...I get it. This is the game isn't it? I've been reading it over and over again and I have no clue what is going on. you make no sense...or maybe I am too blind to make sense of it. You are playing a game. IS THIS THE ATS GAME?...[sigh] I need another glass of red wine.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join