I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

If you want to make friends do something different. Join an organization. I joined the Freemasons. Easy to make a few friends there.

Create your own organization. With the internet it is now possible.

Remember, you are what you BELIEVE you are. So if you believe you are a loser and introduce yourself that way don't be too surprised if no one wants to be your friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Join an organization to make friends. I joined the Freemasons. It is easy to make a few friends there. The world's #1 fraternity.

Start your own organization. With the internet it is now possible.

If one defines "friend" as true friend then we are all doing good to have just one.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A profoundly honest and human post; even I who am a recovering misanthropic sociopath was moved hearing your words.

The fact is, if you will slow down, find the love in your heart and express it, you will friends at every turn but, I can account for the quality of friends these days...you will just have to take what you get.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
you really have no friends? just a few quality ones would suffice, none at all?
maybe you think too much...I have the same problem. Its been mine since I was really young, always felt like I was an outsider, not part of the "gang". Do you use the computer too much? that could be a problem too.

Lol this comment could have easely been mine. I was a heavy thinker myself. The only way to freedom is to realization, realizing that you are not your mind and realizing that truth can not be found by thought but only by expiernce.

my two dollars

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by starrider

Hello starrider,

At last, someone who identifies exactly, and feels that solitude is better than being around too many others with little in common.

Also, in the 60+ group it is difficult to make new freinds, as most are already established with all their old friends, or have also chosen the peace of solitude and contentent.

My sister came for a week at April's end, and did all the cooking and one day cleaned my apt. from stem to stern. 7 days together: something never done before...but I ought to have put her in my spare wheelchair so she would stil better understand.

She lives 2000 miles away and emails pass back and forth. However when she asks if I have done 'such and such' that she did, I had to skirt the issue...then finally said I ought to have given her my spare chaie when she was here. She no longer asks but took no offence.

She cried when she left, but I was back to my 'aloneness' again.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i dont have anymore real friends.. most of them changed and now completely different person..others drinking buddies that would give me a message only if they want something. sure i can call myself a loser. right now no job no friends but im still a lucky sunufabitc*.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is the paradox of the computer age. We spend more and more time indoors glued to our computers. Yes we are able to communicate with online 'friends' all over the place but the byproduct seems to be that we spend less and less time interacting face to face, with others. And really, there is no substitute for that.
I'm a bit of a hermit and have lost touch with old friends - my fault. Also, pushing 60, a couple of friends have died off already. Parents dead, no brothers or sisters, no children. Cue violins..
I am thinking retirement now - in which case I could easily turn into a hermit! So the plan is to join walking groups etc. I think some of us have to make an effort to put ourselves out there - if only for companionship. The friendship will hopefully follow.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

First dont feel sorry for yourself, take all this like a lesson and think that what you are learning sometime your head does not understand but i am sure your spirit does, enjoy and then it will change

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Just some advice try getting involved with a group or something you really love. You can try meetup.com...they have tons of hobbyist groups. Interaction on the internet can only take you so far ya know.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
TextTextText PurpleTextText

This is sooooooo sad to me, I know that this world is so cruel and more and more it seems that people are loosing their warmth, I thank God everyday that I don't fallow their beat and that I have still a good heart, good values and morales...

Write to me dear one if you want to, I am here for you, and please forgive my bad english, I am a french woman...thanx in advance
France xoxo

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wowee, I sure like the replies on this topic. Sweet.
I am making friends on the Internet, not on dating places but real places. One new friend came to see me and we went on a tour, it was nice.
I think you are doing the right thing by seeking input.
I agree also this does not make you a loser. Are we going to hear your ideas? Bookmarking your thread to see ! I love ideas as well.
Example of benefits from sites like this: I wrote a parody of a commercial and I am sending it to my YT friend right now, fun ! YT has been a great venue for me being alone with no relatives.
These forums get rid of the lonely feeling pretty much, glad you are here.
peace. love to all.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Neither do I...

In this materialistic world, it's hard for me to find people whom I can trust.

So I alienate myself.

Ever since I lost my childhood friend who I considered to be my best friend, I realized that most people are shallow and would leave you at the moment you are no longer useful to them.

Unfortunately, the world is currently in this state.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Um all i can say to you is get over it my dear friend.

we've all got our own problems.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have no real friends either.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

What is your brilliant idea about? I would like to read it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm also a bit of a loner, by choice. The more I learn about this messed up world, the more isolated I become. My friends get together and talk about the latest high tech phones, video games, reality television, and so on. I find all of this superficial and feel they would shun me if I spoke about The New World Order, The Corrupt Monetary System, Unjustified Wars, The Slow Demise of our Civil Libertys and so on. Ignorance is bliss, and they appear happy to just accept everything they are told by the idiot box. I feign intrest in their excited chatter about the latest episode of The Kadashians, Surviver, Big Brother ect. I consider them shallow and boring, they would probably consider me to be deep and boring. This is where your problem may lie as well, we can't fight the power so many of us just withdraw from the brainwashed society we despise. Find something you are very pasionate about, and you will find friendship.

Goodluck.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The more you want something, the more obsessed you become. Just let it go, as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The way we are to eachother now adays, who needs friends?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I am a dreamer.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

Imagination is important. People care, just not everybody. I know exactly what you mean (ideas, nobody caring, etc.)

Ill be your friend dude!

new topics
top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join