It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACTS about "Ground Zero" "Mosque"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
so i dont get it...
don't most of us on here believe that the Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11?
so whats the big deal if a building with a mosque in it is built 'near' Ground Zero.
Pretty counter logical if you ask me

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by asaslight

Ha ha ha!! Great point. For me, though, I'm only saying they did just for the sake of argument. Even if they did do it, it was for political reasons, not religious ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

The WTC attackers were terrorists, however to label all Muslims as terrorists based simply on shared theological beliefs is rude and irresponsible. Timothy McVeigh was a Catholic. Do you support tearing down all Christian churches surrounding the OKC bombing site because they share common religious beliefs as the bomber, or do we recognize extremist for what they are and work together as a community to honor, respect and prevent this type of tragedy from happening again?

McVeigh was a christian, but he didn't do the things he did out of religious zealotryhe did them because he hated the gov't. The Terrorists on 9-11 did it because they believed that there religion wanted them to do it. It's not the same thing. No one is saying that the existing Mosques should be torn down.

Look at it this way, the centre and the Mosque are being funded by the same group. The centre is seperate in the way a community hall attached to a church is seperate from the church. Lastly look at where the money is coming from to build this centre and Mosque. There are countries where the 911 attackers are venerated as heroes and martyrs; do you want those groups/nations funding this centre? Do you want the centre built if those are the sorts of people who it is going to for funding?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

A church with a community hall is different from a community hall with a church. As I said in another post (maybe another thread) the center is no more a mosque than the Pentagon is an inter-faith chapel just because there is one on the premises.

Look again at all the different amenities to be offered. Among them:

Auditorium
Bookstore
Restaurant
Swimming pool
Art Exhibit
Contemplation area dedicated to 9/11 memorial
Mosque (to be ran completely separately from the center and open to the community)

As far as funding goes, there are no connections to terrorist groups. And the project directors have expressed a willingness to seek funding from the ME but would rather keep it domestic. Funding from Saudi does not automatically mean it is going to be some kind of playground for crazy terrorists making bombs and brainwashing children.

Regardless, do you really think, with this worldwide attention, that this center would even remotely ATTEMPT to perpetuate terrorist activities and expect to get away with it?!

More facts:

The Imam running the place is the same Imam running the pre-existing mosque that has been around for years and is also the same Imam who helped the government with counter terrorism efforts.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by asaslight
so i dont get it...
don't most of us on here believe that the Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11?

No.

And the amazing thing is, whether or not Muslim's did do the attacks, even if they did many people here blame the entirety of Islam for the attacks.

I know. Rationality isn't the strong suit of this argument.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Are there any ratical...

Catholic groups that kill? No

Jewish? No

Buddhist no

Muslim yes

do any other group but muslim inslave there woman. no

Do any other group depict there leader always with a sword and saber (prophet Mohammed) no

Does any other group encourage conversion through violence like muslims? no

does any other group want to domanate the world through violence like muslims? no

peaceful my butt

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Before you blow up please read this entire post. I'm not coming after anyone I am just stating observation and referenceing the actual texts upon which these religions are based. I am not going to give you a verse by verse breakdown, as I do not have the time. If someone else wants to do that go for it.

And to make all the people who wont read happy I'll say it right now and several times, certainly there are bad/extreme/hypocrites in every faith.
(westboro baptist ring a bell)

Islam is a religion of war against the christians and jews.

i do not care if they build a mosque or not, and certainly as with any religion some followers differ from others. but do not be a bunch of stupid hippi's and read the damn books and study a little history.

The Hadith and the Quran clearly and plainly state there stance's.

Note the quran is not arranged chronologically so verses can appear sporadic from everywhere. and it might seem that it will say war or kill and later say peace and love. but trhe mecca works are older and the medina works are newer. and the medina works overrule the mecca works in instances of contradiction

The quran is in 2 parts, the stuff written in mecca and stuff written in medina.

in mecca muhammed preached tolerance ONLY as he was the minority
in medina muhammed became and preached the violent killer and "hitler" of the age as he was a powerful warlord and very wealthy man
And if you look into the hadith I doubt you'll think the same about muhammed.

Our government lies to us and to themselves and wants us all to believe they have it under control and that islam is peaceful.
BUT NOWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE MUSLIMS HAVE A MAJORITY OR VERY CLOSE POPULATION TO OTHERS IS THERE PEACE

This is where islam and the bible conflict philosophically. While in the christian faith "those who deny christ will be denied before god" the quran says it is "okay to deny for your own sake"

islam will not be a religion of "peace" until they have made the entire world islam.

Christian? Jew? Hindu? Buddhist? Atheist?
According to Muhammed in the hadith and Allah in the Quran
"kill them wherever you find them" and he did just that, in one instance the estimate is between 5-900 at one time

So please please please stop cowering and putting up the facade of "tolerance" or "ignorance" and look at facts.

i will repeat myself, certainly there are bad/extreme/hipocrite people in any faith, but as a whole Islam, in the fundamental written form, is the 'violent' religion.

now if you're going to be a liberal atheist, do your job and read the damn written facts and not headlines and bs politically correct ideas. Then make your own skewed and cynical posts just like everyone else and I bet you'll start thinking

And for crying out loud I do not want to hear anything about israel vs palestine. As that issue definitely has religion infused into it, it should be considered a sovreignty or "national" issue. but by the way I think the jews have a right to the area as well as the palestines. the crusades never really ended, the muslims took it, then the judeo christians took it again and on and on we go with the struggle of isaac and ishmael..........

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Wademus]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Are there any ratical...

Firstly, that's radical. With a D.

IRA

Jewish? No

Israel

Buddhist no

Pre-China Tibet

Not to mention there are crazy Hindu's who kill (not ignoring the long tradition of killing widows are the husband's funeral), scientologists have murdered and silenced people, morman's have, sikh's have, protestants have the KKK....

But hey, you don't see any jackass brushing an entire group with generalizations.

do any other group but muslim inslave there woman.

well, besides fundamentalist christians.

Do any other group depict there leader always with a sword and saber (prophet Mohammed) no

No, but some weirdo's like to carry around a jew hanging from a cross on nails though. That's some pretty #ed up # right there.

wat

does any other group want to domanate the world through violence like muslims? no

Besides everyone that is

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Waaaaaaaay off topic, but I had a 67 firebird just about that same color! nice car

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

lol i have nothen to say to you. i bet you are one of those people that dont have guns because you belive the goverment will pretect you. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Are there any ratical...

Firstly, that's radical. With a D.

IRA

Jewish? No

Israel

Buddhist no

Pre-China Tibet

Not to mention there are crazy Hindu's who kill (not ignoring the long tradition of killing widows are the husband's funeral), scientologists have murdered and silenced people, morman's have, sikh's have, protestants have the KKK....

But hey, you don't see any jackass brushing an entire group with generalizations.

do any other group but muslim inslave there woman.

well, besides fundamentalist christians.

No, but some weirdo's like to carry around a jew hanging from a cross on nails though. That's some pretty #ed up # right there.

wat

Besides everyone that is

Dude you got it wrong on every single account none of those groups are based on religion they are political. Maybe influenced by the regional religions but they are not:

Radical Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, hindus.

ONLY IN ISLAM DO WE SEE RELIGIOUS MURDER RAPE AND PLUNDER

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
and scientology is not a religion, it is simply a great episode of south park and would probably make a good movie

and it keeps tom cruise and john travolta off the streets and off atleast half of their drugs

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by Muckster
Thanks for this breath of fresh air... S+F

Some common sense brought to an argument that is often filled with the over-emotional ranting’s of angry boss-eyed bigots

So because I chose to respect the victims I'm a bigot?

Over emotional, you aren't an American are you? Nor me, but trust me, if someone bombed the heart out of whatever city you're from, then less than a decade later a centre devoted to the religion of the bombers was planne3d, lets see how "over-emotional" you'd be!!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by kiwifoot]

So basically a religion you don't like did something and now they should have no rights. Well since you are NOT an American let me explain to you why that is not logical. In order for these particular people not to have rights, the law that gives them rights must be removed. That law, dear sir, is The Constitution of the US, First Amendment. The law is a blanket law protecting all religions. You remove it, you just removed every other religion as well. Can you imagine how Christians will feel then? FOOLED that's how!
Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight can be too with a little practice.

link   
double post

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Violater1]

link   

Originally posted by nunya13
1. It's not at ground zero

The fact is, that aircraft parts broke through multiple floors in the very building where the moske is to be built, that makes it part of ground ZERO.
The Americans know when you gobermt disnfo agents attempt to lie to the public!
No star and No Flag!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Dude you got it wrong on every single account none of those groups are based on religion they are political.

Did the banner on denying ignorance disappear because god damn it you can't fake stupidity like this.

The Irish Republican Army (IRA) (Irish: Óglaigh na hÉireann[1]) was an Irish republican revolutionary military organisation. It was descended from the Irish Volunteers, an organisation established on 25 November 1913 that staged the Easter Rising in April 1916.[2] In 1919, the Irish Republic that had been proclaimed during the Easter Rising was formally established by an elected assembly (Dáil Éireann), and the Irish Volunteers were recognised by Dáil Éireann as its legitimate army. Thereafter, the IRA waged a guerrilla campaign against British rule in Ireland in the 1919-21 Irish War of Independence.
wikipedia

And israel is a freaking country created by the brits after ww2

real religious isnt it. You really cant fake your level of stupidity

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by nunya13
1. It's not at ground zero

moske

Americians!