It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

This is also what I wondered. Do they have a cartridge filter and do they clean it with Simple Green? If they didn't rinse it well then if would just wash into the pool once they put the filter back together and cut on the pumps.

There are different ways this could have gotten into the pool other than Corexit.

I would like to know more about this family's pool equipment and the way they take care of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
It IS a component of COREXIT. They WERE sick. They DID send it to a lab. They DO live on the Gulf coast. It WAS in their pool.

Does that mean cause and effect?

Were they sick? How do you know?

They're in a low risk zone of the Gulf.

As pointed out by others... the stuff is in 'everything' (including cosmetics)[do you wear makeup?]... it breaks down... the spraying has been over for about a month... chlorine would oxidize it to hell... other corexit components not found int eh sample... claims don't equate to truth unless very corroborated... 50ppm is hardly enough to make you sick... without other verified lab results there's hardly anything left for this story.

All this time you've spent you could have figure out how to fraud BP for a check by now, damnit.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
1. I think the issue here is the presence of the dispersant itself rather than the oil.

2. Will pH pool strips respond to the presence of Corexit? If so it might be a quick way for people with pools to see whether there is any risk of the chemical in there.

3. I don't see how Facebook is any less valid a place for discussion than a conspiracy forum. Pretty sure 90% of people here aren't scientists.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Parts per million might not sound like much. But the EPA has found that exposure to 42 parts per million killed 50% of mysid shrimp within 4 days (and most of the remaining shrimp didn’t last much longer).

here

42 ppm killed the shrimp in 4 days. Do you think it might take 50.3 ppm to make a human sick for a while?

Yes, I know we're bigger, but one more time, I'm encouraging all to get their own water tested. Getreadyalready has posted lots of links for free or really cheap testing at a lab he claims to know the secret, un-named component in COREXIT 9527.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

There's no if or buts about it, the article is fear mongering and is lacking a whole lot of critical thinking.

As it stands, it is a huge leap to blame corexit for the results, the dosage is quite high, but because the dosage is so high, there would be other signs of it elsewhere too.

The whole area would have very similar results.

So until there is corroborating data to back up these results we are left with only one way the 2-butoxyethanol could have entered the pool and that is by pouring it straight in from a container.

Which leaves two explanations on how that happened.

The first is as has been mentioned, some sort of extortion attempt or the second is it was added accidentally somehow and this family have just been caught up in the the hype.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Problem reaction solution.

Problem - Corexit polluting the south, feds do nothing.
Reaction - This is horrible! We need someone who can mandate decisions related to the environment!
Solution - Grant EPA power.

Results - We lose.

The solution here would be to get corruption out of government. TPTB are aggressively trying to set in their agenda. The 'EPA' and the 'feds' are just puppets. We are to be tricked into willingly granting a private organization power.

Remember, wasn't the EPA the very organization which gave the 'go ahead' to use Corexit in the GOM? Now we are being led to believe that it's the federal government system which is neglecting the environment.

You see.. We had no choice on whether or not the Corexit was used to disperse the oil. But the people we're dealing with are so ruthless that they will create a disaster, just to provide themselves as the fix.

It's a very scary situation, because while trying to fight off the persistent attempts to globalize power.. The 'false flag' problems are actual, and real. And we're the ones who have to face them.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Webbot's ILL wind's ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

100ppm will make a person nauseous.

For comparison a plant that manufactures the stuff recorded exposure levels at less than 2ppm.

So you understand that 50ppm which, although not high enough to make one physically ill, is still a very high amount for it to get into a pool via I assume rainfall.

www.nicnas.gov.au...

[edit on 30/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ok, so a shrimp (think of another way that word is used) is exposed to it constantly for 4 days technically drinking, eating and inhaling it the entire time.

Find us how much a shrimp weighs and do the math for us.

Now, likely-overweight middle-aged American jumps in a pool. Drink enough chlorinated, fluoridated pool water after mowing the lawn in the Florida August heat and you're likely to feel grimy anyhow.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So you understand that 50ppm which, although not high enough to make one physically ill, is still a very high amount for it to get into a pool via I assume rainfall.

www.nicnas.gov.au...

[edit on 30/8/10 by Chadwickus]

is it assumed from rainfall, or drift from the alleged aerial spraying?

i cant recall it being said either way

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy

Remember, wasn't the EPA the very organization which gave the 'go ahead' to use Corexit in the GOM? Now we are being led to believe that it's the federal government system which is neglecting the environment.

They gave the Go ahead? I missed that, i guess. I recall a very flaccid cease and desist from them.

/does quick Google Search... Nope. Still dont see that article supporting what you say. Although i DO see numerous articles where the EPA told them to stop (albeit limply)

So, care to explain or support your claim?

Problem reaction solution. Problem - Corexit polluting the south, feds do nothing. Reaction - This is horrible! We need someone who can mandate decisions related to the environment! Solution - Grant EPA power. Results - We lose.

Okay, i'll bite. How, exactly, would it be a bad thing for there to be a government organization with the actual power to prevent BP from doing this?

ISnt that what everyone is complaining about? That the government isnt doing enough? Hell, your complaining about it in your post!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Talk amongst ya-selves. It's been a long day for me. I'm down for the count.

I appreciate all of your input, even you, Ignoranceisntbliss.

I hope to wake up to good info tomorrow.

Thank you, each and every one.

But mostly, tell your friends to test it all for themselves. That's all I want.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I just found this on another website:

INLAND: City officials find 66 ppm of COREXIT DISPERSANT near Florida/Alabama border (VIDEO)

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Even if it was from rain, wind or a spray plane flying overhead, a single pool would not be the only thing to get contaminated with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I was making the connection because of the exaggerated claims that it "destroys the basic structure of life." All soap is guilty of that.

Yes, I know all about Corexit. I had a copy of the MSDS before the end of April. It is a super-soap plus it has additional astringents that make it even more effective. In addition to all of that, one of the ATS members was able to accidentally get a copy of the proprietary ingredient list that is not available to the public. The key ingredient from that list was verified by my own Universities scientists that are contracted with Nalco (the Corexit makers) to do Gulf water testing.

So, I am completely familiar with Corexit. And yes, I believe they are still using it, and I believe they have done aerial spraying way too close to the beaches.

My only disagreement is with the level of toxicity and the claims that make good headlines until you realize they are true for just about everything in your bathroom. Corexit is not a good thing, but on the other hand, it isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by justadood

Even if it was from rain, wind or a spray plane flying overhead, a single pool would not be the only thing to get contaminated with it.

absolutely.

i was just trying to clarify how it potentially got there. its probably an irrelevant aside, all told.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
S&F. keep up the good work, folks.

second line bump.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To all of you who are getting hysterical - read my post, think about it, but don't attack the messenger.
I read the article, looked at the video etc etc.

FYI - No I don't work for BP, never have. As I said I am not a stooge for TPTB. Just an intelligent, analytical person.

Whilst working I had ample, unchecked access to Corexit. I could easily have taken a sample bottle home and put it in my own pool (if I had one).
I don't live in the USA, so see things from a far and maybe a bit clearer.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl

It IS a component of COREXIT. They WERE sick. They DID send it to a lab. They DO live on the Gulf coast. It WAS in their pool.

Where did I err?

Well "flour" IS a component of WAFFLES. I WAS hungry. I DID make breakfast. I DO live in a HOUSE. Flour WAS in my KITCHEN.

By that logic, I ate waffles, right?

[edit on 8/30/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

WTF ..

my Grandma lives in Homosassa, Florida...

thanks for the heads up...

getting on the phone now...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join