It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit’s 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool — JUST ONE HOUR NORTH OF TAMPA (lab report included)

"Our heads are still swimming," stated Barbara Schebler of Homosassa, Florida, who received word last Friday that test results on the water from her family's swimming pool showed 50.3 ppm of 2-butoxyethanol, a marker for the dispersant Corexit 9527A used to break up and sink BP's oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

source

I just saw this on Facebook this morning and I'm completely nauseous!!!

I wrote a long email to friends and family and included alot of information. I'm going to recreate that email here in the hope that all of you will pass this info out far and wide.

I wish this was a theory. Unfortunately, lab results are included in the source material. The part that REALLY sickens me, literally AND figuratively, is that it came in from either the wind or the rain, quite likely both.

All the wild looking stories of mass genocide in the south are looking more real with each passing day. Didn't the web bot say this would be the "summer of hell"? I remember something about mass death and bowels evacuting... all of that makes me think of the toxic effects of the COREXIT components.

How Feds can say that NO Corexit found nearshore: EPA SETS DISPERSANT SCREENING LEVEL at 750 ppm!

source

Here's what wiki says about the toxicity of COREXIT:

The relative toxicity of Corexit and other dispersants are difficult to determine due to a scarcity of scientific data.[3] The manufacturer's safety data sheet states "No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product," and later concludes "The potential human hazard is: Low."[20] According to the manufacturer's website, workers applying Corexit should wear breathing protection and work in a ventilated area.[21] Compared with 12 other dispersants listed by the EPA, Corexit 9500 and 9527 are either similarly toxic or 10 to 20 times more toxic.[7] In another preliminary EPA study of eight different dispersants, Corexit 9500 was found to be less toxic to some marine life than other dispersants and to break down within weeks, rather than settling to the bottom of the ocean or collecting in the water.[22] None of the eight products tested are "without toxicity", according to an EPA administrator, and the ecological effect of mixing the dispersants with oil is unknown, as is the toxicity of the breakdown products of the dispersant.[22]

source

I'll be back with more info. I'm just sick over this.........................

www.testtherain.com...
This article (THE TITLE ARTICLE OF THIS THREAD) is an excellent example of why we should check our own water. NO ONE ELSE is going to do it for us.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by ThatDGgirl]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Link corrected.

[edit on 30/8/2010 by ArMaP]

Mod edit: text added as requested

[edit on 1/9/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
the war against humanity is in full swing. the gulf sabotage and chemical attacks
ongoing. corexit is being sprayed around the planet. Nalco can be traced up to the usual
suspects -rockefeller and his ilk.
yes -you are in the way..crawl away and die.
these are what the camps and coffins are for.
maybe if you just pray, it will be alright.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I lifted this directly off of a the fb page of Gulf Oil Spill Truth BECAUSE you must have a facebook account to read it.

Here is the source

As I'm CERTAIN they want this info out to the public, I hope ATS will let this post stand.

Critical Situation Update: Why Are They Still Using Deadly Dispersants If The Well Is Really "Capped"? by Gulf Oil Spill Truth on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 10:33am

From the beginning this Page* was created largely to bring attention to the inherently Criminal nature of dispersant use in the Gulf. They provide absolutely ZERO benefit for remediation and yet are absolutely indispensable for covering up the nature and extent of the crime that BP perpetuated on life in the Gulf region, both within the water (aquacide) and on shore (chemical assault and/or genocide).

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

The source is freely available, no need for a Facebook account.

[edit on 30/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I think it's going to take more than prayer to be "alright"

Please share this info. That's all I want.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
And that family is an hour north of Tampa. Just goes to show how far the wind was carrying the aerial spraying. What about the drinking water sources I wonder. And the safety of what comes out of vegie gardens.

I have a feeling not many stories are going to get out. BP will start to demand silence. A couple of days ago, I was googling info about Alberta's oilsands areas (might be moving around there), and all the first links were all about BP and the gulf. Nothing even to do with what I was inputing. They are still buying the links with "oil" in them.

This stuff is all going to be silenced by TPTB and BP soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Another link to COREXIT spraying.

Poison info

Here's where the story gets complicated. There are actually two versions of Corexit: 9527 and 9500. While both compounds have been linked to a variety of health problems, the first version, Corexit 9527, is particularly toxic. According to its safety sheet, the chemical can cause a wide range of symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, "anesthetic or narcotic effects" and respiratory tract irritation. Extensive or repeated exposure can cause permanent damage to blood cells, kidneys and the liver. See full article from DailyFinance: srph.it...

WE NEED TO EDUCATE OURSELVES!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

I hope it hasnt mixed into the underground/water fresh water source, it just seems odd that it was carried in with the wind or rain and still remain so concentrated?

S&F

[edit on 8/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yes, I know. I would encourage anyone to save that article before it disappears.

I wonder how long before they shut the lab down.....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

THIS is interesting!!

In a letter to Sam Coleman, EPA, District 6....
article

But first, you mentioned that such activities (continued spraying of dispersants and sinking oil) -- if proven -- would be "illegal." As you stated, sinking agents are not allowed in oil spill response under the National Contingency Plan Subpart J §300.910 (e): "Sinking agents shall not be authorized for application to oil discharges." We would like to know under what laws (not regulations) such activities are illegal and what federal agency or entity has the authority to hold BP accountable, if indeed, such activity is illegal. It is not clear that the EPA has this authority.

The lyin liars and the lies they tell!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mods:

Can I change the thread title to

COREXIT Components found in Florida Pool?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"Censored Gulf news: Deadly denial of 'Core Exit.' Evacuations. Griff's Agenda 21 facts."
www.examiner.com...

"The Gulf Blue Plague is Evolving - Part II:
Corexit + Bacteria = Mutated Viruses"
worldvisionportal.org...

Just wanted to add these two articles that I read this morning,for what it's worth.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is serious folks. Think of all the sick people, then animals, and the beautiful crystal springs that used to be there. No doubt the corexit is everywhere. We need to do what we can to keep this issue on the front posting page! Please help by bumping it up if you see it is headed south.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Mods:

Can I change the thread title to

COREXIT Components found in Florida Pool?

I think the title you got now is much better, it says everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks to you both. I'm so upset about this. I live in SW Florida 11 miles from the coast. I'm in the process of getting info for where to send my pool sample. Will keep you updated. I'm ready to start packing!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
the only way this will go anywhere is if the data gets further than the internet.
Somebody should contact CNN or MSNBC and force this issue.

I fully understand this might be the exact networks that could be keeping it quite, however I has to go global.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I just got this reply from a fb who is an activist and a Florida resident..

source

HOW TO DO YOUR OWN TESTS 1) Pool resources - Take donations/Sign up volunteers/Send Press Releases 2) Gather samples in BALL Canning Jars (most groceries $10 for 12). Remember to turn the lid upside down so the plastic will not touch the sample. Here is a detailed analysis of the proper procedures to take when acquiring a sample. 3) Document, video, photograph the sampling process. Keep the sample cool (ice) and pack in a well-protected container with multiple ice packs. Send over night to a trusted, independent laboratory. 4) Here is the laboratory we are using: ACT Laboratory Inc (owner Bob Naman) 2869 Pleasant Valley Road Mobile, AL 36606-2737 (251) 479-9205 5) SHARE your results. We are here to help coordinate with you and publish them publically. NOTE: IF you can not find the resources or support in your area, perhaps we can help. We are collecting contacts, information, donations to test other areas in Florida.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A couple of ATS members, Cloudsinthesky and Paxnatus have a water testing project going, and they need volunteers. Their site is www.testtherain.com...

The Florida Oil Spill Law site quoted from the OP has picked up some of my videos, and is working in conjunction with Cloudsinthesky to publish water testing results.

A large network of concerned citizens with resources is forming, and it is important for everyone to be as involved as possible. I was at the Gulf this past weekend with a Marine Biologist and scientific diver. We took sampling of waters along the panhandle. We have to stay vigilant and informed to make sure the correct people pay for what they have done, and to make sure the public is informed of anything they can do to mitigate their exposure.

Here are links to Cloud's original thread and project:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are the links to my threads with videos:

OP, now you have me wanting to send in samples of my pool water! We have been getting daily rain, and if it contains the ingredients from Corexit, then I need to know.

For the record though, that particular ingredient is very common and is not exclusive to Corexit. Their is a different proprietary ingredient that is a smoking gun for Corexit, but it is unpublished. The labs doing the testing for the TestTheRain project have that unpublished ingredient list, so they can tell definitively if it is Corexit.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
S n F to keep this up there, interesting thread, thanks.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you for the links! I just sent the original article to my local newspaper. We'll see if anything comes of it.

I personally think anyone who lives within 100 miles of the Gulf shores should be VERY concerned AND be testing their pool water!!

Help me keep this thread bumped. I want as many people as possible to have this info.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here are two other sites with the story.
FloridaOilSpillLaw

Before Its News

From my google search, this story is gaining attention. Good work,
S&F!

Chris Pincitich PHD Toxicologist details how toxic Corexit disrupts and destroys the very basis of the biolgical structure of life!

You Tube Link

[edit on 30-8-2010 by burntheships]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join