It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I put down some big bucks for a water purifier a while back, actually long before this mess started. My drinking water is DEFINITELY going to be tested.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think this needs to be linked to here, it seems that Robert Naman, the guy who carried out the tests on the pool water may be carrying out some sort of fear campaign.

Would be good to get some local perspective on this.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Then again, he may be scared out of his own wits at what he's finding. We can't know till we do more specific testing on own own. At different labs.

I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Thanks for the link-up.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Very upsetting news, now imagine all the others trusting in the government saying all is fine leaving them crippled behind.

i agree by example that not knowing the law does not make you unaccountable from it but withholding crucial information from the public?

who will be charged with murder.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Another bit worth noting, for the details...

Aug. 24: Washington's Blog interview with chemist Bob Naman Bob Naman is the analytical chemist who performed the tests featured in WKRG's broadcast. He was interviewed by or an August 24 report. Highlights include: • Naman found 2-butoxyethanol in the Cotton Bayou sample. [Ingredient in 'discontinued' Corexit 9527.] • Naman said found no propylene glycol, the main ingredient of Corexit 9500.

found here

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by steve3

Steve3

This is America! No higher ups will be charged with murder! That's CRAZY talk! But there could be some Louisiana fisherman hung out to dry because what they caught was tainted with oil or dispersant...

And I don't believe they've EVER been under the "obligation" to tell us the "truth". They just tell us what's best for us.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What a great government we have that allows for this kind of incident to happen. There will be worse to come though mark my words. >_

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i just can repeat earliest suggestion of some humans & mine: go away from there as soon & far as possible -- very high level of oncology will be there desperately.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't recall who asked why the people using that swimming pool are the only people/place contaminated. Does anyone know of any state running regular tests of their wind, soil, & water sources? I know there has been some tests run in the Gulf, but I live in KS & can say absolutely there is no organized effort to test anything here in regard to this disaster.

The question has to be asked before any state starts doing expensive tests. That means someone has to show up with suspicious symptoms or test results before any state is going to dive into this mess. By then, for any people or a place contaminated it will be too late.

I don't think there is any way we can defend ourselves against what may be coming. No matter what household products have the same chemicals they don't have them in the quantity used in the Gulf. The manufacturer has already covered its behind by saying the company has no idea of what might result from such heavy use. The EPA didn't ask BP to stop using it because the EPA has nothing better to do. The EPA asked, BP said no & here we are.

Why are we still funding the EPA? That agency might redeem itself if it does start doing random testing.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
This is America! No higher ups will be charged with murder! That's CRAZY talk! But there could be some Louisiana fisherman hung out to dry because what they caught was tainted with oil or dispersant...

Well said.

So true.

Too chez.

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Well, here's your big chance!!! Since you live up there, why don't you arm yourself with a video camera, get a few cases of mason jars, drive up there, interview those folks, take water samples from the entire neighborhood, send off the samples, get the results, then post it all here.

Then we will all know, beyond the shadow of a doubt what is really happening.

Because I already know it's a waste of time, and I have much bigger fish to fry:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

I don't recall who asked why the people using that swimming pool are the only people/place contaminated. Does anyone know of any state running regular tests of their wind, soil, & water sources? I know there has been some tests run in the Gulf,

There is no official agency doing any testing. Not rainwater, not ground water, not Gulf Water, not pool water, not any water. They are not even testing the seafood, yet they are opening up previously closed portions of the Gulf. They are saying that filter fish and enzymes are breaking down the oil, yet they are still allowing shrimp and oysters to be harvested and sold?

Many Universities are conducting tests, but the tests are bought and paid for by BP/Nalco/Haliburton, and the results cannot be released to the public.

Many individuals are sending sporadic samples to independent labs and paying $500 or more to get them tested, but the results are useless, because they can't ascertain where and how the sample was taken, and they are not privy to the confidential proprietary ingredients of the Corexit.

The situation is lose-lose-lose for the People, Wildlife, and Local/State governments, but somehow in the grand scheme of things it is winning political support for Obama and the Propaganda stations are making BP out to be heroes for stopping the leak?

I guess thats the end of my rant for now.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Unless you're part of the article it isn't your hoax, you'd just be parroting it...

But then to encourage people to commit criminal fraud... that sure calls a lot into question about yourself.

My purpose? To expose frauds, hoaxsters, hucksters and fearmongers at every chance I get.

Originally posted by overextended1
What a quack job!

I have been following both the Scientific analysis that has been brought forth by several Universities, and studies that have been done, and can not even fathom why you would come across the way you do, in such utter disrespect to the OP.

Yes lots of edits....as I'm extremely tired!

Good night!

Why would you not contemplate their scientific studies before answering in your sheep-made statements, and in doing so, you would actually find some relevance in the statements that have been made by analytical study for months!?

Please take a moment to answer as I feel like I'm surround by cattle!

Please advise, because as an Educational, I wish to explore the reasoning not only of Scientific Research, but of pure idiocy, and the education therein.

You obviously have a readily originated opinion as most of us do NOT see your point. As I'm looking at the OP, I'm quite concerned about your fluency and manner of looking at a post and coming to a familiarity of WHY it was posted in the first place!

Fools may be fools, but please,,,,,,Take your time and look at the thread and therein, it's contents, and try not making an utter fool of yourself in the future of making outrageous remarks!

Since you're an "Educational" I don't know how in the world you forgot to respond to my posts preceding that one right there that you responded to:

If you have some university studies about the Gulf Gusher effects on Homosassa, Florida, please brandish them as they aren't yet to be found in this thread.

Beyond that, where's the disrespect? She said several times that I noticed that people not even effected by the oil should be figuring out ways to unjustifiably collect checks from BP, which is literally criminal fraud. The implication with that statement was that she hopes the people in this pool article actually were making the story up to defraud BP. That's the essence of this thread, so unless you have something new to offer, spare yourself any further embarrassment.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

IIB, how do we know there hasn't been a rash of rashes? In my department at work we have had many breathing disorders this summer. More ambulances were called than I can ever remember before. There have been many stomach ailments. Missed work. It is often passed off as a bug/virus/anxiety etc.

One of my employees currently has a rash on her arms and legs. She has been to the doctor many times with no clear explanation. It comes and goes, they adjust her meds, and so on.

I have a pool. We have been swimming all summer. My son is 4, he has complained of a stiff neck and sore neck. That is odd for a 4 year old, but there is nothing to really consult a doctor about.

My wife has had sore muscles, a rash now and then, she has had a numb tongue and tingling hands. She has been to several different doctors and been diagnosed with everything from the flu to multiple sclerosis to anxiety, but none of them are correct.

Who is to say that this isn't a "Gulf War Syndrome" type ailment where some people are getting diareah, some people are having breathing disorders, some people are having rashes, and it is all related?

I believe it will be decades before we know the truth, but I can guarantee that if 5000 people show up at 1000 different emergency rooms with rashes, no doctor in the world would jump to the conclusion that it is from Corexit in a pool? Therefore, how will we ever know?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

So you're telling me that right now, a month after the acutely toxic VOC's have long evaporated, you're still dealing with the symptoms? Where are you located again?

The VOC's are what made everyone up there feel the things you're describing.

It should stand to reason that when the VOC's decompose off into the atmosphere the symptoms should go away.

Again, 50ppm of 2-Buto should be marginal, especially compared to what the VOC's do to people. I'm telling you I've had my arms submerged in Simple Green endless times and have never felt one single side effect whatsoever.

Again, Corexit's other components weren't found in the pool.

Now, it seems to me people would figure out their own personal causes and effects, such as every time I jump in my pool I get sick. Let me call someone...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

First off, I don't for a second believe that the VOC's have totally dissipated. This wasn't a typical oil spill, where it all floated on top of the water and sublimed/evaporated into the air. This was a deep sea leak and the vast majority of the VOC's have not even surfaced yet, so we are still receiving a metered daily dose of this stuff day in and day out, and each afternoon a new seabreeze thunderstorm stirs up the water and releases new stuff.

As for your other part, about cause and effect and somebody noticing that everytime they swim, or breath, that they get the symptoms. I think you are partially right. Otherwise, why would this family have brought in a pool water sample? On the other hand, I know so many people that blindly trust their doctors, so if the Doc tells them it isn't related, or that the symptoms are just anxiety from the economy and the spill and the new school year, etc., then they will believe it.

I do agree that 50 ppm, although it is too high, it isn't toxic. I don't believe there is an immediate health concern, but I believe there is a very serious long-term health concern!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

..... a month after the acutely toxic VOC's have long evaporated.....

I believe I'd like to see your proof on that statement. Link please.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeastofTrumpets
reply to post by p51mustang

Just wondering how you know the Corexit is being sprayed all
over the World. Curious as my dog became ill with a resp.
tract infection and the vet stated it was due to the air. I reside
in western nc.

it would appear he has no evidence to support his claim.

i've asked for it numerous times, to no avail.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Details are in here:
[Only 120,000 barrels of 'oil' hit the Gulf?]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'll email that to my friends in LA. I'm sure they'll all start felling better immediately. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

It's sad, because I don't think the majority of people give a sh#t. I don't even think people on the Gulf care about the situation or they just don't get it or want to get it for some reason. It's not just this catastrophy. Look at 911, 1/3rd of all Americans believe that their government was either directly responsible for the attacks or had prior knowledge of the attack and just let it happen as a pretext for war. Has anything been done about it? NO! I guess people get what they deserve.
PEACE! P.S. Great avatar!!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Klaatumagnum]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join