It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
new news

Indeed, we are finding that oil is showing up all over the Gulf both underwater in the form of plumes and on our beaches and coastlines. Our research indicates that PAHs (polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons) are present in shrimp from the impacted areas. And the PAHs in the waters off Florida are at levels 43 times the levels of shrimp from inland, low-impact areas sampled in Louisiana. In our estimation, it may take eight months before the toxic soup BP left in the Gulf has had substantial enough biodegradation to announce an ‘all clear’ on seafood.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

first of all, gusher hasn't been stopped: if it has done, to sink crude wouldn't have a little sense.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You give so much time giving links, but fail to mention how much scientific study has already been done, and they are still spraying Corexit in the GOM.

Simply Green? You make me want to puke. You waste your time by saying you dip your hands in "Simple Green"! There is a HUGE difference between Simple Green and the toxins that were spewing out of that site for months! You have any idea of the gases, different chemicals, etc., that came out of there?

Nah, I don't think so, unless you want to look at the MSM.

You sure are wasting a lot of time making a fool of yourself.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by overextended1
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Simply Green? You make me want to puke. You waste your time by saying you dip your hands in "Simple Green"! There is a HUGE difference between Simple Green and the toxins that were spewing out of that site for months! You have any idea of the gases, different chemicals, etc., that came out of there?

I think you misunderstood what IIB was saying. He was just indicating that Simple Green and Corexit have common actives, not that Simple Green and the petrochems spewing out of the well were similar.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
More new info. Excerpts from interview with Dr. Tom Termotto, Jeff Rense Program, September 2, 2010 at 12:05 a.m. EDT

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They are actually finding the toxins that are in the oil in the blood of the people who live down there. Its horrifying because they’re cumulative and they’re heavy metals and toxins… We used three different doctors, and the exact same thing that is being found in the water and the air and the soil is now in the blood. This is the kind of stuff that causes cancer and death. This is not just in the workers that we’ve had tested, but also in residents… The worst part about that is we haven’t even gotten to the Corexit testing yet. This is just the oil, the polyaromatic hydrocarbons, the heavy metals, the arsenic. And they’re not just people who are right on the beach, some people are really inland.

yet more info

HELLO IGNORANCEISNTBLISS

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Whatever the truth about this one incident, I am concerned about what was foretold, in May, in the following information:

theyfly.com...

...especially because of the effect that the current incoming storm may have on any oil that has already gotten into that region. As many know, this man's information has long been scoffed at, when it has seen the light of day, but mainly suppressed by the mainstream media - and others.

Unfortunately, it will soon become ever clearer just why such great efforts have been made to debunk and disinform about that which was intended to help us assure our own future survival.

With many dozens of now scientifically corroborated direct hits:

theyfly.com...

...and warnings going back to 1951 about the coming MANMADE environmental destruction:

theyfly.com...

...and the information from 1958 about all that and more:

theyfly.com...

...it's no wonder that the powers that be eased everyone into chasing their tales about dead ends like "Roswell", "alien abductions" and the "paranormal" instead of allowing them to be awakened from their suicidal sleep by the harsh realities of the equally harsh truth.

Please also see:

www.prweb.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

I have been trying to tell everyone on the Gulf Coast, that they had better get a good lawyer and keep all of this information for future reference. Obama and his comrades are making million's for the use of this dangerous and hazardous chemical, that has been banded from use, all over the world.
www.nwofighter.org...

Obama doesn't give a damn about the Gulf Coast or the rest of America!

You might want to also check out this lying,treasonous, criminal POUS resume at: www.commieblaster.com

[edit on 2-9-2010 by truther357]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
See if this one works:
www.nwofighter.org...

If this doesn't work, you might go directly to the web page and re-post it for me...Because this is important!

(nwofighter.org/starling-revelations-more-going-on-in-the-gulf-of-mexico-than-an-oil-spill/)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by truther357
See if this one works:
www.nwofighters.org...

If this doesn't work, you might go directly to the web page and re-post it for me...Because this is important!

(nwofighter.org/starling-revelations-more-going-on-in-the-gulf-of-mexico-than-an-oil-spill/)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NoahVail

Comprehensive List of Products containing this chemical

In my opinion (my degree is also chemistry, and I live on Gulf, and I have a pool), in my opinion, the source of the chemical was the man that just mowed the lawn and jumped in the pool!

The chemical is found in a million glass cleaners, degreasers, handi-wipes, starting fluids, paints, carbeurator cleaners, etc., etc. He just mowed the lawn, then he jumped in the pool. He surely carried oils and cleaners on his body. They also said that the rashes occurred immediately after mowing the lawn. This is fairly common in Florida. It has been rainy, there are a variety of weeds, pollens, and tiny bugs that he may not have noticed.

I still think everyone should send samples to www.testtherain.com... because that is the only way to get some control samples, and some validity to the tests, and find anomalies here and there.

I also think it is a little suspect that this couple would have sent their sample to the same guy that had the bad experience testing Mobile Bay water. Maybe a case of finding what you expect to find, rather than looking objectively at the sample. No offense to the Chemist, he may be a wonderful man, and he may be objective, but 50 ppm is a pretty low concentration, and we have so many sources of contamination around a pool.

They could have used a cleaner along the water line, or in the skimmer. They could have used a cleaner on the deck and then rain washed it into the pool. He could have used a handiwipe on his hands before getting into the pool. He could have used carbeurator cleaner or starting fluid on the mower. He could have waxed the car that day. He could have used car cleaner in the same bucket that he uses to disperse pool cleaners.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i find it a bit amazing that people are so un-receptive to critical analysis on a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE. I mean, clearly there are problems with the methodology, and the people involved raise eyebrows in terms of their potential motives.

If this was an 'official' story, people would tear it to shreds. But because it supports some folks pre-conceived notions, the desire to actually fact-check a bit seems close to non-existent.

Threads keep starting that claim to be 'evidence' of corexit in the rain water, in pools, on the beaches, and yet they all seem to fade away once people start poking holes in the story...

and im not saying its not out there. im saying its sad that so many are ready to believe without asking informed questions. Isnt that a characteristic of the 'sheep' so many here deride?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

No, I did not misunderstand him. There are chemicals in Corexit that are not for the public to see. They're private.

I'm simply saying that Corexit is still being dumped into our Ocean, and we don't even have the full chemical make-up to draw up a conclusion on the ramifications therein. So to give an example of "Simply Green", is....how can I say this....."Cattle-like"

Do the research. There are ton of threads on this site having to do with Corexit, and you can do your due diligence into seeing what the repercussions are on marine life (shrimp) based on PPM - Killing them.

So we got this pool incident. I keep hearing monkey clatter about why there haven't been other reports. Who knows? If I was down in that area, you could bet your damn *** that I would be testing my pool water, as I do here in Arizona monthly.

Remember. Most people turn a blind eye, until calamity knocks on their door. That's when they act. In this families case, well, that's what they did. People now-a-days are so worried about how they're going to pay their Mortgage and feed their family, or keep their jobs.

I am in the same boat. But I refuse to turn away from what is going on, and not choose the ignorant path into not keep up to speed on what's going, and studies that have already been done.

And for those of you that want links! Go find them yourself. They're posted all over these boards!

God bless you all!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by overextended1]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by overextended1]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I actually thought the same thing, maybe pool cleaner or some other product had accidentally cross contaminated the water.

50ppm is a low concentration but if you actually think about how much water is in the pool and how much contaminant you'd need to add to get to that level it looks a little weird. For example, a 10m x 5m x 1.5m would need about 2-3 kgs of this stuff added (I think, approx calcs) to reach 50ppm. Could that much really have come down in the rain? How much pool cleaning chemicals or other formulas would you need to add to reach this level?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

i find it a bit amazing that people are so un-receptive to critical analysis on a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE. I mean, clearly there are problems with the methodology, and the people involved raise eyebrows in terms of their potential motives. If this was an 'official' story, people would tear it to shreds. But because it supports some folks pre-conceived notions, the desire to actually fact-check a bit seems close to non-existent.

I think what you're saying is quite funny From the very fist post here, I've been telling people to check it for themselves. Have their OWN water tested. There are inks to 3 different labs in this thread. Is your preference for "critical analysis" to chat on the boards and post links? My preference is to send it to a lab and let professionals test it.

From the OP:

There is no way to be sure at this point. Though she stated, “Friends a few miles away… are having [a] similar situation. They are now thinking of getting their water tested.”

One of our dogs had severe diarrhea for a week [in early May]. Neighbors have reported similar findings.

It wasn't JUST these people.

You go on posting links and thinking critically. I'm having my water tested. Are you a Gulf Coast resident? Is this impacting YOUR life in a personal way? It is for me.

And just remember who has a record for lies and deception. It's BP, Nalco, Chase Morgan et al. Not the people who are paying out of their own pocket to have their water tested.

Do you think I'm hoping for positive results on my water test to prove my point????

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here is a ink to Antar's thread regarding

Several Dr.s finding heavy Metals in Patients Blood along Gulf Coast

She offers many homeopathic remedies and tons of other info.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

My Pool is 20x40 and 8 ft deep with a diving board. It is approximately 40,000 gallons. 50 ppm would be about 2 gallons. Since most of those cleaners are only partially made of this particular chemical, it would probably take more like 10 gallons of cleaner to get 2 gallons of the buty.

10 gallons seems like a lot to fall in the rain, or accidentally spill, but it could have happened over several months. Maybe they cleaned the deck one weekend and some washed in. Maybe they cleaned the mower another time. Maybe they washed the cars and carried suds on their feet. Maybe they cross-contaminated from a pool bucket. Maybe some of the algaecides they use for the pool actually contain the buty.

It is also possible that all of those things are true, and still some of it came down in the rain. I don't doubt that VOC's and PAC's and Dispersants are all being picked up and carried by the rain. That is why it is so important to have independent testing. I don't think the rain is toxic....yet, but it could be, and we need to know!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't think the rain is toxic....yet, but it could be, and we need to know!

good indicator of toxicity are grass & trees.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

I don't think the rain is toxic....yet, but it could be, and we need to know!

good indicator of toxicity are grass & trees.

The Gulf Coast Aquarium that I have spoken of in earlier posts uses Sea Urchin Larvae as its indicator. From what they tell me, this is a common practice among aquariums, and even a good preliminary test for governmental regulatory bodies. It takes 18 hours to run the test and see if the larvae develop. It is also a good indicator of several common contaminations if they larvae develop specific anomalies.

So far, this aquarium has not had any problems developing the larvae with the water it is pumping out of the Gulf for its tanks.

We do need to keep in mind though, that this is a long-term disaster in the making. Many things, like heavy metals, or certain fat-soluble poisons, will build up over time in our bodies. It may not be toxic today, but over a years time, we could build up a toxic amount in our systems. There are also reported cases of people building up toxins in their fat cells and never having a health problem until they decide to go on a diet later.

We have such a complicated problem here, because so many things are going to fall through the cracks, or show up decades from now, and nobody will be looking at the rain, or the Gulf, or BP to diagnose these problems 10 years down the road.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

A bit sensitive, eh?

I'm not necessarily responding to your OP, ma'am. I'm pointing out how those who have addressed some of the BIG QUESTIONS regarding this 'story' get flamed from all ends. The point is, this story has a lot of holes.

IF all you are saying is for people to get their water tested (even though its been said MANY TIMES that corexit is difficult to impossible to detect accurately) then Im not addressing you at all, am I?

My point is, I find it curious that on a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE so many seem so unable to see the potential issues with this 'evidence' that is hardly infallable.

but if you choose to make this about you, thats your choice.

And just remember who has a record for lies and deception. It's BP, Nalco, Chase Morgan et al. Not the people who are paying out of their own pocket to have their water tested.

Thats quite the false dichotomy there. People are being critical of the data presented. This doesnt imply that BP/Nalco, etc arent innocent by default. Not in the SLIGHTEST. It means that the DATA PRESENTED IS LACKING.

Read the posts from people like 'get ready allready'. No one is defending BP or nalco or corexitt. Perhaps in your quest to create enemies, you have to make the world black and white. But you may discover over time that just because someone is accusing a 'bad guy' of bad, doesnt make them good by default. Follow?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by justadood]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join