It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost Train' Hunter Killed by Real Train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
STATESVILLE, N.C. — Authorities say a man who was waiting with several friends for a "ghost train" from a North Carolina legend was killed when a real train came down the tracks.

So this is a very short article and I didn't want to post anymore on here for fear of plagiarism.

It is a terrible tragedy of course, but I have to question the common sense of the people involved, and in particular their inability to clear the tracks in time when a real train came around the bend. Surely of all things they should have been more expectant of a real train than the ghost variety?

Although not particularly interested in paranormal activity and ghosts, I do get the fascination with such an occurrence, and if anything else I would have joined the group at the tracks to debunk the legend.

My own personal experience amounts to the local carnival which is usually a massive fluorescent disappointment.

The original article;

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here's a few other sources carrying the story;

www.torontosun.com...

www.sacbee.com...

Mods if this has been posted already obviously feel free to delete.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Yeah, saw the story the other day. It's sad for the family involved to be sure, but they were waiting for the ghost train on a tresle(spelling?) or bridge like the scene from the movie "Stand By Me". Not the best place to watch for it in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

See I didn't know what that was. Definitely not the best place to watch from. Seriously though check the train times before you go do something like that, it shouldn't have happened IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Some more planning would have been in order, you would think common sense would take over though.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"Wow, it looks like a real train!"

.....And feels like one, too. Dumbass.

And because of this, he's woven his stupid self into the legend.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They should have gone for the Ghostly Lincoln Funeral Train instead. It would have been much safer and there's TONS of track to camp out on and to look for it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It's unfortunate that the investigator died. My sympathies to the family.

However, I thought I would post this up seeing as how it hasn't been put up yet.

Hope that the embed works.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by divinetragedy79]

fixed the link. I have now learned how to do this.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by divinetragedy79]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I saw this this morning. They also said he saved his gf before he died. I guess he kissed her and said "I love you" and pushed her out of the way. She, last I heard was in critical condition. His last act in life was saving another. It's sad what happened and I feel for the families but it really isn't smart to ever play on or near rail road tracks.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I didn't hear that part of the story. Well if it's true then the guy is a bit of a legend!

The best way to go IMO, saving someone else's life!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Or he was trying to push her out of the way to save his own skin, we will never know now.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Congratulations 29-year-old Christopher Kaiser of Charlotte !

You just won yourself a shiney new Darwin Award !

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
... Ahahahaha, .... the Irony is killing me !! ........ uh oh.

Tresle's are dangerous, he should of tried to hang off the side of it like in " Lost Boys".

maybe they can go back to the tracks and look for his ghost.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think we have ourselves a Darwin candidate here.

You hear a train coming down the tracks, do you:

1) Run away
2) Stand in front of it and get squished like a pancake?

The correct answer is 1

Between this and all the idiots who commit suicide by standing in front of a train you would think we would build elevated tracks. In fact, the MTA LIRR is considering it.

top topics

join