It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot police tackle missiles at English Defence League protest in Bradford

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

So, one individual represents the entire group then?

The press love giving airtime to mindless minorities, who claim to "represent" the majority. Marching through Bradford and chanting "no to Islam" is a bit provocative, correct? Majority, if not all, of the Bradford Muslim population are probably secular and believe religion should be kept out of politics.

Amongst all religious groups, Atheism is on the rise in the United Kingdom. 64% of the population don't believe in God or gods. Agnostic and atheism is also growing rapidly among young Muslims. But the English Defence League thinks colonization is occurring

[edit on 1-9-2010 by infinite]

[edit on 1-9-2010 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

In the same way one or two EDL supporters giving a Nazi salute defines the whole of EDL as SS worshiping Fascists?

Surely we must use the same standards when judging both sides?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Did I compare them to Waffen SS? No, I didn't.
But their style is kinda ugly to me. I don't like the confrontational protests. Very horrible and a stain on society. Mob mental is quite dangerous.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

No, but other's have.

And the double standards of those who say that Muslim extremists and Class War are not representative of UAF but a couple of people giving Nazi salutes is representative of EDL really boils my piss.
It is blatant hypocrisy.

The UAF are deliberately antaganistic and provocative, is it any wonder EDL react to them and maybe beginning to adopt similair tactics.

Class War and SWP are past masters at provoking situations.

And as a slight aside, I fully understand why these people do so.
If they didn't would we be having this debate now and would the marches be reported on MSM?
Personally I suspect not.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here is an interesting comment i received on my blog here huujuu.blogspot.com...

I found it interesting that the Palestinian flags and face paint of the Viva Palestina, and Respect members in one group of antagonists was ignored by the mainstream media, and there was a also a Viva Palestinia connection (albeit hidden) with some of the 'peace' groups which were formed for the event. The green ribbons and flags were also in my view a nod to HAMAS supporters, rather than a symbol of peace. At least there were enough cops around, even with their 'hands off' approach to prevent any group getting the upper hand and destroying the city.

This is not the first time the colour of the 'peace' ribbons have been called into question and it was interesting how they were used almost as a ticket to get safely to the front lines of action only to find the wearers being amongst the most provocative and vocal of demonstrators.

Here are a couple of links for those of you not familiar with the above groups www.vivapalestina.org... and www.therespectparty.net...

Yes, i know, the green ribbon has been a symbol many many 'causes', but included in these causes is Muslim support in Nottingham in July 2005, Hamas, the Iranian elections and of course it would not have gone un-noticed in Bradford that it matched the colour of the Pakistan flag. Again i'm not picking sides here, only trying to redress the balance slightly and point out that BOTH sides of this conflict are either deliberately trying to provoke the other....or are ignorant as to the re-action that their actions and choices will cause.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The uaf are the biggest bunch of hypocrites i have ever come across. they are against fascism which i cant disagree with them for yet they have been filmed marching with Muslims for crusaders at PRO SHARIA law protests. So wanting all homosexuals to be killed, non muslism to convert or die, wanting adulterers to be stoned to death is not fascim ???????? [url=http://www.youtube.com...]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UXLcIlDIuo&feature=player_embedded[/url ]
edit on 12-1-2011 by Thetawave because: just because

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Well another march is due in Luton. I do not want it to be banned despite the EDL has significant right wing elements. We need to clarify our positions for the good of the country. I think the Sharia law argument is a strawman argument unless there is clear evidence of a chance of it supplanting UK law.

Let all moslems have sharia unless it breaks UK law if they are prepared to fund it all themselves and are happy to live by the consequences fine.

edit on 13-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I agree the march should go ahead.
And for once I hope there is balanced reporting in MSM.

I am more than aware that there is a racist element within EDL.
But there is also an extremist element within UAF who consistently provoke and antagonise EDL safe in the knowledge that MSM will either play down or simply ignore their shameful role in any violent confrontations.

And sorry, completely disagree with you about Muslims and Sharia Law here in the UK.

We should have one set of Laws, fair and just for all regardless of race, creed, wealth or social standing.

And that should include the abolishment of Jewsh Beth Din courts here in the UK.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

started a thread on the hypocrisy of the UAF marching alongside MAC for sharia law, watch it though you will be called racist by Oozy if you disagree with MAC www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join