It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot police tackle missiles at English Defence League protest in Bradford

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Parallex
Me and Infinite have had discussions on political issues in the past

No we haven't

and I know his standpoint, and who he is in reality

No you don't.

-No we haven't!

-No you don't!

Sounds like Monty Python's - Argument Clinic

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

I have never ever been anti semitic in anyway. I merely pointed out how trivial the discussion of the EDL had become. I am firmly anti racist across the board. WTSHTF we are all going need to hang together.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Given the side of the fence you're coming from, I'm wholly unsurprised you hold that opinion.

lol

You don't even know me, sweetheart. So please, don't try and assume my beliefs.

EDL are mindless Neanderthals. The only reason this makes the headlines, and the EDL gain support, is because elements of the press enjoy writing antipathies towards Muslims.

This group would not even see the light of day if they were protesting against Blacks or Jews.

It's ok [snip], I wont tell anyone!

Your comment reflects exactly what is in my signature. We agree.

Oh and by the way, I veil compliments in language. You should re-read my post and think again. We Liberals (or at least ex-Liberals in some cases) should really stick together!

Parallex.

Removed irritant

[edit on 31/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Given the side of the fence you're coming from, I'm wholly unsurprised you hold that opinion.

lol

You don't even know me, sweetheart. So please, don't try and assume my beliefs.

EDL are mindless Neanderthals. The only reason this makes the headlines, and the EDL gain support, is because elements of the press enjoy writing antipathies towards Muslims.

This group would not even see the light of day if they were protesting against Blacks or Jews.

It's ok [snip], I wont tell anyone!

Your comment reflects exactly what is in my signature. We agree.

Oh and by the way, I veil compliments in language. You should re-read my post and think again. We Liberals (or at least ex-Liberals in some cases) should really stick together!

Parallex.

Don't you think that is rather ominous, to try an use a name on a board?

I do, its very wrong and this is a public site. I dont care if he is Barney Bubble put that smacks of a "I know where you live"

this thread is rather silly now, and If I had paid proper attention I would have left pages ago.

Removed irritant from quote

[edit on 31/8/10 by masqua]

yes that was a bit daft of me , my apologies

[edit on 31-8-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Alert sent to the moderators for using my name.

btw, stalking is a crime in the UK

[edit on 31-8-2010 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The topic, please, is riot police, the EDL and missiles, not each other.

blessings

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Nationalist march brings Brighton to a standstill

UPDATED: Fourteen people were arrested and two police officers were injured today when anti-fascist campaigners protested against a nationalist march, according to police. A Sussex Police spokesman said that the 250 protesters were kept apart by police but members of Unite Against Fascism (UAF) clashed with police.

Busy busy busy and by counter- demonstrators they mean the UAF..

The English Nationalist Alliance gathered at 12.30pm outside Brighton station before marching through the North Laine to Victoria Gardens. After a short stay, they then marched back to the station and disbanded. Two police officers sustained minor injuries and received medical attention. One protester also received injuries, for which they received treatment and for which two people have been arrested, the spokesman said. The spokesman added: "Using powers authorised by the chief constable, police attempted to ensure that both protests took place in a safe location but close enough to one another to enable them to make their points peacefully. "Unfortunately a small group from the counter-demonstration resisted this and threw missiles at the police.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This from a blog i have started here huujuu.blogspot.com... where i discuss the undercurrent of violence from both Unite against fascism, Muslim defence league and the English defence league

"Dont get me wrong, I can understand the softly, softly approach and not wanting to upset minority or highly strung groups but I also feel that if we continue to ignore the desire of these groups to instigate violence then they are only going to grow in strength and POTENTIAL to cause something along the lines of what we've recently seen in the former Yugoslavia. A developed country with educated tribes who really seem to hate one another."

There are also some images of the demo that ive posted onto the blog.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BANANAMONTANA

Hi I just spoke to friend who had gone to Brighton for a long weekend, I asked her if she'd seen any action and she said loads it was great, I said not that type, a march, she said oh that, there were loads of police and some people who didn't like blacks, awful people who were rude to police and shouting racist stuff, the police must have cost a fortune and "they" shouldn't be allowed, she thought they were NF and didn't know what the edl were, but that from what she saw they were awful horrible people.

A 37 year old ofice working white woman as middle Britain as you could get and that is what she thought on her first sighting of the edl

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well all i can say is this:

I know two people who have attended UAF marches and counter-protests and twice they have told me they have tried to break the cordons to 'get at the EDL'

I'm not saying the EDL are angels, but the UAF is also infiltrated by trouble makers and violent types who want to fight with the EDL who are LEGALLY protesting.

So to say the UAF are representing all that is good about Britain is quite frankly bull crap, just as much as saying that the EDL consist solely of racists and thugs.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oh and branding the EDL as Nazi's is a little too confrontational for my liking.

People could just as easily call the UAF 'terrorist supporters'.

(Although i wouldn't).

Quite frankly - Some muslims DO wish harm on the UK, so in retaliation the EDL will protest against these people, and in return the UAF protest againt the EDL.

All three groups are disillusioned and in my opinion the UAF are the bigger hypocrites for not standing up against militant Islam.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I know two people who have attended UAF marches and counter-protests and twice they have told me they have tried to break the cordons to 'get at the EDL'

You can make that 3 now. There was a lot of concerted effort into not just breaking the line but mobilising other groups around the city centre.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well said mr-lizard!

reply to post by woodwardjnr

To me after some research it looks like both sides have their extremists!

We have the similar groups in Scandinavia as well, and they are almost exactly the same as in England it seems.

Even their leaders travel between Scandinavia and England and make guest speeches at meetings in eachothers country, and they give advice to each other.

But the movement called UFA in England - is called 'AFA' in Scandinavia.

As a centrist I can't give my support to either of these groups because of all the extremists on both sides.

I have 2 moderate friends (since my Uni-days) and a few very-little-religious friends from Muslim origin - and I would hate to see that any of them would be attacked by hatred and rabid groups who would like to do them harm.

On the other hand, I dislike the extremist Muslims in our societies - and somtimes wish that they could disappear back to the societies where they came from, and so do also my few friends of Muslim origin feel as well!

I can understand some of the frustration on both sides of UFA/EDL, and there are probably some good guys in both groups - but many other extremists and street hooligans are for logical reasons drawn to these groups because of logical reasons. These two groups are the polar opposites on some important issuses, and they often have different political viewpoints.

As I said - I like to see myself as some kind of centrist libertarian in politics so I try to have an understanding for both sides of the aisle in some questions.

I usually don't like extremism much in general though! and that goes for both sides.

But I don't like when one whole group of people/immigrants are targeted with racism for the reason of a few.

That's my opinion so far - I think!?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by BANANAMONTANA

Hi I just spoke to friend who had gone to Brighton for a long weekend, I asked her if she'd seen any action and she said loads it was great, I said not that type, a march, she said oh that, there were loads of police and some people who didn't like blacks, awful people who were rude to police and shouting racist stuff, the police must have cost a fortune and "they" shouldn't be allowed, she thought they were NF and didn't know what the edl were, but that from what she saw they were awful horrible people.

A 37 year old ofice working white woman as middle Britain as you could get and that is what she thought on her first sighting of the edl

ok your friend really changed my mind and the reports from the police must be making it up about the UAF

cost a fortune, I agree but so does the security for the book signing of Tony Blair, the visit by the pope and other useful/ less events. I dont like hate crimes, however we still have a right in this country to our free speech and so do they......everyone

problem is the reports of the EDL are more news worthy..and golly gosh how much is it costing us..lets just ban them...and then sir we will be next.. slippery slope and all that.

end of

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

There's a story here on the BBC about that protest, and it was the counter protesters, i.e. the UAF that the police are saying caused all of the problems.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Any information yet on which political parties are funding the UAF?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

She meant the marchers saying stuff like "you paki loving ****" and the like to police officers as they walked past, this and the deliberate air of menace they like to project succeeded in putting her off for life.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA
Don't you think that is rather ominous, to try an use a name on a board?

I do, its very wrong and this is a public site. I dont care if he is Barney Bubble put that smacks of a "I know where you live"

I must admit, I don't like doing that.

But when someone is obviously trying to use their station as an SJME, (and they are also an experienced and respected member and contributor) to browbeat another member, the boundaries need to be pushed a little. I didn't go the whole hog, just enough to prove my point that I know - AND RESPECT - another user. The feeling should be mutual.

Anyhow, back on topic.

I agree with Seagull earlier - we're not going to agree in this thread. Some of us on here are just natural fascists and racists, others aren't. Thus polarized, compromise and agreement is impossible. I'm done with this thread - I've won my argument early on. 'Gripe in defeat' at your will.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
delete post please.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

You have 'won' nothing!

All you succeeded in doing was stereotyping a whole group of people to suit your pre-conceived ideas without offering any supportive evidence at all.

You were shown to be inconsistent and contradictory when judging people and groups and refused to answer several questons which were directed at you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join