It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot police tackle missiles at English Defence League protest in Bradford

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
One EDL person may have flashed an Israeli flag.

And what is wrong with this? are you openly admitting that you are anti Semitic by any chance? There are a lot of people in the past that have posted on the edl forums that they supporters of Israel.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Originally posted by neformore

The video i saw showed someone holding an Israeli flag, i haven't seen anyone giving a Nazi salute, no one i have spoken to has seen any evidence that this happened and without any evidence that it did what are people supposed to do?

I'm telling you it did, because I saw it happen.

Sorry but nobody else i have spoken to did see this so until there is evidence how can action be taken? However a UAF member has been charged with doing this in the past

Link

If the edl supporter had done this why wasn't he charged? do you really think that plod would be in any way lenient to an edl member?

So now you're calling a respected member of the ATS community an out and out liar?

I didn't see it happen - Nef did, and until I have reason to disbelieve Nef (being an established and well proven member of the community), I will support his testimony here.

Solidshot - your rampant and irrational support for the EDL is flawed, obtuse, and wholly misguided. Are you happy to associate yourself with bigots, racists and the pond-scum of British society? Seriously?

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Nobody denies the Israeli flag was there that is clear for all to see, and as far as i know it isn't illegal to fly an Israeli flag in this country yet. (were not an Islamic state yet)
And yet again i have to ask given the numbers of police that were all around the edl members why wasn't this person charged? Yet the UAF member in the past has been.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Thought we had gotten over the race issues several pages back when it was proven they had many people of different races and religions within their ranks? and when you switched from calling them racial biggots to religious biggots? Whats your next claim going to be? that they shot JFK? that they faked the moon landings? that they hid bobby ewing in the shower?.......

[edit on 30-8-2010 by solidshot]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Why weren't they charged? I don't know. You'd have to ask the police.

Maybe they will be. The police have a habit of paying visits to people after the event in these circumstances, as evidenced by the follow up to the riots in 2001.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Whats your next claim going to be? that they shot JFK? that they faked the moon landings? that they hid bobby ewing in the shower?.......

No simply that they're a bunch of posturing bigots who think that by saying we're against a religion, because they're bad to women init, they can finally let loose their true feelings.

Effectively the edl are a side effect of the war on Islam er I mean terror, you might fool a few yanks or embolden an already racist Brit, but the rest of us know who and what you are a racist bunch of fools.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Anjem Choudary from Islam4uk [now banned under the UK Terrorism Act 2000 ] held Wootton Bassett “hostage” with threats to march on the streets. What I find curious is the Modus Operandi of the UAF was to counter protest marches or appearances by the EDL, BNP etc.

The EDL made it clear they would be in Wootton Bassett. No show from the UAF.

Now why was that? Just curious and asking questions? Why when you read the website are there no written condemnation of Islamic Fascists or press reports on the violence inflicted upon non minorities, maybe I missed them on the UAF website.

Hundreds of police and right-wing extremists descended on Wootton Bassett amid rumours that cleric Anjem Choudary was about to stage a march through the town.

Members of the English Defence League travelled from across the country after rumours swept the internet that coach loads of Islam4uk fanatics were on their way to Wiltshire. An estimated 200 gathered around the town's war memorial waving St George flags and chanting: ''Muslim bombers off our streets''. Published: 7:00AM GMT 11 Jan 2010

Ok lets look at the UAF website around that time.

uaf.org.uk...

Thursday 8 October 2009
UAF statement on last Saturday’s Birmingham protest against the ‘English Defence League’
2 Feb 2010
Stop the EDL in Bolton on 20 March

1 Feb 2010
UAF campaign against the racist EDL meets with great response from Aston Villa fans

1 Mar 2010
Coach transport to Bolton on 20 March
Local UAF groups around the country have organised coach transport to the anti-EDL demo in Bolton on Saturday 20 March.

hmmmm

I don't buy into the “innocence" of a group who shout "nazi scum”, attack people and show double standards..sorry

[edit on 30-8-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Solidshot - your rampant and irrational support for the EDL is flawed, obtuse, and wholly misguided. Are you happy to associate yourself with bigots, racists and the pond-scum of British society? Seriously?

If wanting britsih jobs for britsih workers means being called 'Pond Scum' then it's a price well worth paying.

Do the mods allow name calling like this on this forum or can you present your argument for allowing yet more immigrants in when we are short of houses and jobs as it is please.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Buying into the scaremongering “they are taking over the world” in the press and lobbying by groups such as the UAF to prevent freedom of speech are not the answer.

We have an ageing population, the proportion of old people to people of working age is delicate more people are needed to fund the machine.

Schools, Jobs , Housing etc…... to lay some blame at the door of flawed immigration policies and atrocious book keeping is right, to lay at at the feet of immigrants wrong.

I am proud of the British, I am proud of their ability to provide for those in need, now and in the past, I am proud of the Judicial system, the morals of the people and law that prevents what is happening against the Roma in France.

What made me very proud was after the London bombings in 2005 ordinary people got back on the tubes, got back on the buses and kept of living and were not crippled by fear.

The cohesion of the populous is an unenviable task, it seems some moves are being made regarding the distancing between the new Government and the Muslim Council and policies are changing for housing such as this,
Locals to be given priority in queue for council housing

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA
hmmmm

I don't buy into the “innocence" of a group who shout "nazi scum”, attack people and show double standards..sorry

Haha, that's lovely. Very nice.

So you're quite happy to buy into concentration camps, death chambers, ghetto's and lots of talk about 'illegals' and evil Muslims?

The standards you speak of are double because normal, tolerant people have THEIR set of standards, then you and the EDL have your OWN set of standards that exclude anyone you deem necessary. That's the fundamental tenet of fascism is it not? Give me strength....

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Thought we had gotten over the race issues several pages back when it was proven they had many people of different races and religions within their ranks? and when you switched from calling them racial biggots to religious biggots? Whats your next claim going to be? that they shot JFK? that they faked the moon landings? that they hid bobby ewing in the shower?.......

Yet again you exclaim "PROOF!" when you have shown NONE. Your videos show nothing about what you claim, your arguments are as hollow as the facist ideology you champion.

You have shown 3 or 4 non-white individuals that have been involved with the EDL, who for their own (most likely noble) reasons have tried to form a campaign group to fight religious extremism. We wonder how they feel about the hundreds of other members of the EDL who have joined just to beat on "Paki's" and "Muzzi's" and spread race-hate, English nationalism and general tripe? The minority does not outweigh the majority in the EDL!

Oh, you also spell 'Bigot' with one G.

You're losing this one Solidshot me old mucker.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007

If wanting britsih jobs for britsih workers means being called 'Pond Scum' then it's a price well worth paying.

Do the mods allow name calling like this on this forum or can you present your argument for allowing yet more immigrants in when we are short of houses and jobs as it is please.

And here we have a fine example of the intelligencia of the EDL.

British jobs for British workers eh? Where do I being with this oft spoken, yet rarely thought about claim? Let me start by stating that I will only refer to you as 'Pond Scum' if you would like me to - far be it from me to label as something you may or may not be.

For a start - are you British? Do you actually know what it means to be British? No, it's NOT being white and Christian. No, it's not all about chanting football songs down the pub, hitting your wife, and having an affair (and baby) with your sixteen year old neighbour called Chantelle.

Being British is about being tolerant, open-minded, and rational. Of which the EDL is NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I really can't speak to this subject aside from offering my personal opinion, being that the EDL is portrayed as being a fascist organization by the government/media in the UK for the purpose of casting them in a negative light.

The globalist agenda is not in favor of nationalism in any nation, not in Britain, not in the US or anywhere. That is one reason why the Tea Partiers are painted as being racists and those in favor of secure borders with Mexico, the same.

There is simply no sound argument for allowing millions to violate immigration laws except to paint those in favor of the law as being bigots. The argument is therefore avoided without a single effort to make any logic of it.

Again, that is just one man's opinion; my own. You may like it or not at your leisure.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Likening EDL to Nazi's who committed The Holocaustis cheap sensationalism and highly inacurate.

Show me ONE example where EDL have advocated 'final solution' like policies for Muslims.

I can however show you plenty of photographs of Muslim extremists advocating the beheading and such of non-Muslims.

And if it is fair to liken EDL to Nazi's then surely it is also fair to liken UAF through their links with Class War and SWP to Stalin and Mao whom they admire so much and were responsible for literally millions upon millions of deaths between them!

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

hmmmm

Haha, that's lovely. Very nice.

So you're quite happy to buy into concentration camps, death chambers, ghetto's and lots of talk about 'illegals' and evil Muslims?

The standards you speak of are double because normal, tolerant people have THEIR set of standards, then you and the EDL have your OWN set of standards that exclude anyone you deem necessary. That's the fundamental tenet of fascism is it not? Give me strength....

Parallex.

I am sorry but you know nothing about me, my background, my thoughts and point to me where I supported the EDL. I asked questions ?

dont be a troll

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Being British is about being tolerant, open-minded, and rational. Of which the EDL is NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Parallex.

Which you most oviously aren't a shining example of shown by your rabid stereotyping and arrogant posturing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

That's a VERY interesting contribution Redoubt, thank you!

I agree with you - nationalism is constantly being derided and undermined by corporations, governments and various other entities. But we need to make an important distinction here.

NATIONALISM IS NOT FASCISM.

There is nothing wrong with harboring some nationalist tendencies or views. I myself hold some of these. However, the line between Nationalism and Fascism is a fine one, and the EDL has left that line behind a LONG time ago.

The EDL is intimately tied together with the British Nationalist Party, the English Democrats (formerly the openly fascist England First Party) and the UK Independance Party. All three proclaim Nationalist agendas, only UKIP comes anywhere near being a truly, non-fascist National Interest Party. This is mainly because groups like the EDL infiltrate and corrupt these political establishments for their own ends (access to funding and PR etc). As UKIP has been a single issue anti-EU party, they've resisted the racists somewhat.

Nationalism is a threat to both the fascists and the globalists. The EDL fear nationalism, because the British national identity has no place for their disgusting behaviour and dogma. This is why they corrupt the nationalist establishment - to use it as a bodyshield.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Parallex.

Which you most oviously aren't a shining example of shown by your rabid stereotyping and arrogant posturing.

And now come the personal attacks and insults. My work here is done. When your opponents sinks to that level, you know you've won the argument.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I am sorry but you know nothing about me, my background, my thoughts and point to me where I supported the EDL. I asked questions ?

dont be a troll

I apologise.

I re-read my post and it could be read that I was including you with the EDL. That was not my intention. Although I did mean to imply you had your own set of standards yourself!

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You have done nothing but insult a whole group of people who you know absolutely nothing about, stereotyped them and branded them Nazi's and offered absolutely no political analysis to support yourself and then whinge and moan when someone calls you on it!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join