It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Her parents are either total idiots, or gold diggers.

Why would they let a priest spend time with their teenage daughter alone in the basement. If it was a pubic school English teacher, what do you think would be happening here?

The priest should be treated like any other adult working at a high school who engaged in this behavior. What are the odds that said priest was abusing his position for decades. Chances are he has had affairs with numerous high school girls, many probably much younger. Send the guy to prison. These types of situations are why we should have statutory rape charges. People in positions of power over children should face criminal charges when they violate that trust.

Yeah, teenage girls like sex with adult men, just like teenage boys like sex with adult women. Either it is a crime or it is not a crime, but we have a system that lets some slide while others get hammered, and that is plain wrong. Especially when the person given the pass is the person who should be held up to the highest standard.

This is just more proof that religions should pay taxes just like any other business.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ya, judge not and you will not be judged.

I could see if the girl was a minor it would be a despicable act. But we don't know if they were having sex before she was 18. Assuming that they weren't..........

There is plenty of blame to go around on all sides.

The priest should have had the moral courage to resist having an affair with this woman. Perhaps she is an extremely attractive woman. It is probably very difficult for a celibate man to resist his natural urges day in and day out. I think the Church should allow priests to marry...........even the Bible declares that a bishop should be married. Bishops are priests. It is the Churches own fault that this thing ever happened. Yet I wonder how many of those who are condemning the priest would have done the exact same thing with the girl if they had found themselves in the same situation.

The girl was of legal age. She had every right to have had consensual sex with anybody else who was of legal age. That is the law.......But then there is also the moral law. Both the priest and the girl failed equally is this regard. But we have to hold the priest more accountable because of the simple fact that he is a priest. Perhaps he should leave the priesthood and get married.

Which brings us to the parents. Obviously they are concerned about their daughters welfare. But the hidden camera was a little too extreme in my opinion. It is a violation of privacy. How many of us would have liked to have been on the receiving end of its hidden lens?

And how many other men was the girl having sex with? Would the parents have tried to sue Joe Teenagers family if they had caught their son on tape with their daughter? And what if Joe Teenager was only 16 years old when he was captured on tape?.....that would make their daughter a sex offender. What are the true motives here? Who really got the girl pregnant?......There are too many unanswered questions for any of us to be passing judgment.

The priest made a poor decision. He should resign from the priesthood. The girl should keep her pants on until she falls in love with a guy and really wants to get married. And the parents should take their hidden camera and auction it off on eBay......they might even make a few bucks.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I was going to say that a Priest having consentual sex with an 18 year old woman is a step in the right direction for the Church.

But I am hesitant to stand by this as the article seems to infer that the relationship might have started before she was legally an adult...

The issue isn't when the affair started. What matters is that he held a position of authority over this girl with whom he had sex. It is no different than a patient/client relationship or teacher/student relationship. Whatever the case may be... society frowns upon these types of relationships because they represent an abuse of power.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

The fact he was the chaplain at her school means nothing??

He was in a position of trust..

He abused that trust..

Cops.
Judges.
Politicians.
Coaches.
Counselors.

The list could go on,
but they are all in positions of trust, no?

A priest was having sex with a legal adult.

Seems it should be between the them and their God.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Oaktree]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

No problem, but they should still investigate whether or not he had sex with the girl before she was legal, and other girls.

If it is found he has been having sex with girls at the high school who are underage, then lock him up for a few years.

In the mean time, we should start taxing religion like any other business.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I was thinking about how creepy is it to have your parents secretly filming you, an 18 year old adult, having sex with anyone at all...

did anyone consider that weird angle? Hmmm

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
shes 18, theres really not much the parents can do... and i think its good that for once we don't hear a priest molesting some poor boy... instead his actually having sex with an adult woman... wow what a crime

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I take it that a LOT of people missed this post with additional information.

You'll need to hit the original post (at top of this post) to get the links:

Originally posted by Three_moons

...attorney Jay Abramowitch, charged that diocesan officials knew about the relationship but were “so concerned about their own reputation and/or financial interests, that they failed to protect (the teen) from Father Bonilla.”

Bonilla was named the chaplain of Central Catholic in 2008 and befriended the teen, then 17, at the beginning of her senior year. Bonilla “began to groom (the teen) for a sexual relationship,” the suit said, knowing that she suffered from mental health issues, was previously sexually abused by an adult man and was “susceptible to being manipulated.”

Her parents began to suspect a relationship and reported their concerns to administrators at Central Catholic, “but were told their suspicions were unfounded and that nothing could be done to separate (the teen) and Father Bonilla because he was her spiritual advisor and/or counsellor,” according to the suit. Bonilla also took steps to alienate the teen from her parents, telling her that she was 18 and no longer had to obey them, the suit said.

The fact she was a minor, he groomed her, KNEW she had been sexually abused by older men, was susceptible to manipulation and THEN alienated her from her parents (with the church being made aware of the parent's concerns) while being her spiritual advisor . . . all that information takes this case to a whole other level. Taking sexual advantage of a person who has mental health issues occuring from molestation IS, IN FACT, A CRIME.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

Nivcharah.....

He's just a scumbag.

Lock 'im up.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It's odd that I actually find myself agreeing with you on a thread for a change.
OMG! The world is coming to an end! Grab your children & your farm animals and lock the clergy outside!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by oozyism

All true, but these are Priests!!!

They swear an oath on the Bible.
They are supposed to be above us on all things moral.

in all honesty, its no different than a doctor and malpractice. sex is a biological necessity. you cant blame the guy for giving in to nature. im sure jesus' disciples werent held to celibacy

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Nivcharah.....

Oh no!

We might end up as friends!

But seriously.....

That guy deserves everything he gets.....what an absolute shocker.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think I need to see the video in question before I can pass judgement

Only to be fair .......

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
There are priests out there who are molesters but this case aint one, it seem's like, poor dude now he is most likely to be stuck with this chick, it just goes to show you got to watch what you stick your dick in.

I am LMAO I cant believe you said that on ATS and some mod didn't ding ya for it!
Ive been here forever it seems and I dont think Ive ever seen someone get away with a line like that one.

Kudos

I wrote it as I saw it, mostly because I see no way in hell were this priest is doing it with that girl, and the parents are taping it unless they knew what was going down. And in that case if the girl wasent forced, I see no reson to make a big deal out of it she is of age after all and had a kid with the guy, that whole "oh but she is but a 18 yr old girl and has no idea what going in a basement with a attractive man might lead to" is bull, infact the preist might want to check to make sure it even is his kid.... And I still dont get how all preists are supposed to be celibate, that is a statistical improbability, and a plain ignorant statement..... just like these statement's, all politicians are on your side, or all men are evil, or females never lie. I mean it's funny and all, but not that funny.

Infact I seen so many of these things my post was on automated response, I even forgot what I said to get dindged, thill I read your post....that is. Maybe I should of rephrased it ...Anyways I am sure in a couple of weeks or months something like this will come up again, and people will input once again on it. Who know's maybe it will be a celebrity or politician who ends up in a room mysteriously with some young girl...Because if it's just a young guy and girl in a room that is normal, so not news worthy. After all we know girls are not atracted to men who are famous, rich or in a positions of power.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

At what point do we say to the Catholic Church, "I'm sorry, but your organization is no long allowed to associate with minors, considering the longer term and widespread problems you have in protecting minors from sexual abuse by your personnel.

Someone else said it right here on ATS. Don't know where the post is, but it was right on.

How close to a public school should a Catholic Church be allowed?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I thought the additional information was important. It certainly changed my opinion of the situation by putting things into a different perspective.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by taguon

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by oozyism

All true, but these are Priests!!!

They swear an oath on the Bible.
They are supposed to be above us on all things moral.

in all honesty, its no different than a doctor and malpractice. sex is a biological necessity. you cant blame the guy for giving in to nature. im sure jesus' disciples werent held to celibacy

I've always supported the idea that priests should be allowed to marry. Deny it all YOU want, but I've always known instinctively (long before the idea/belief became popular) that Jesus himself was married to MM... and had a daughter. So sue me for heresy.

Now... as far as this particular p-p-priest is concerned... he should be put away... and the Church (for it's role in the coverup) should also pay a penalty. JMO... FWIW.

[edit on 29/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons

I thought the additional information was important. It certainly changed my opinion of the situation by putting things into a different perspective.

Agreed.
Line (two) 2.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes and we know attorneys/lawers are about as truthful as priests and would never embellish a case. Me thinks everybody in this case is getting something out of it. Do you have more on this story as in what is in the now and more perspectives from all involved or close to it, girl, priest, mother, father, lawyer, maybe even brother or uncle or some of the girls friends. What is this girl like from all there opinioned perspectives, and what is her perspectives on them, and it all. So far unless I missed something since I only read the original story....it does not say much, it seems like the parents are idiots and not very good at parenting, and girls will be girls, we find out that preists cant hold it in there pants "big shocker there" a lawer has a case to work, news people have news to spread, and off course peoples online have opinions to input about news being spread around. My 2 cents on the 2 cents thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Do you have more on this story as in what is in the now and more perspectives from all involved or close to it, girl, priest, mother, father, lawyer, maybe even brother or uncle or some of the girls friends.

Ummm, did you not read my entire post you responded to? I guess not because you haven't even read the entire thread.

So far unless I missed something since I only read the original story....it does not say much, it seems like the parents are idiots . . . .

Who is the idiot here? Get informed. It's all available here under a post from Three_Moon I linked to my post you responded to. Read it. Stop being ignorant.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join