It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

A Pennsylvania couple secretly videotaped a Catholic priest having sex with their 18-year-old daughter in the basement of their home and are now suing, saying he got her pregnant.

Did anyone else read that over and over?

Sounds like the parents have a couple of screws loose.

The reason I even read the article was because of that first paragraph. I thought they were some sort of sex fiends and I was like "what?" then I read the whole article and I was lie this really stupid! I was feeling sorry for the priest who was put in this position, boy did he misjudge that one hahahah.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I would agree with you normaly speaking, however you must understand that in the culture which surrounds the roman catholic way, what this man did is pure refined 100% proof sin.
In times past entire families have been made excommunicate because they have made accusations which the church buried, people have gone insane because something they know happened, was never known, never punished, never aknowledged by the people in power. This family have gained absolute proof that the event happened, and that there is a case to answer for the priest. It may not be a LEGAL case, but church goers have more important things to worry about than mere law, they worry for the soul, for the eternal function of the spirit, and they have a duty to protect eachother from the predetations of Lucifer. In THAT frame of reference, this priest could be said to have acted in a manner not becoming to one of his calling, and the matter ought to be put up for public investigation to ensure that if this man is indeed unfit for priest hood, that he be removed from it by way of a full and public dressing down.
All to often this sort of crap gets buried, along with the darker more sickening things the Catholic church likes to forget, and that must not be tolerated. More power to the elbow of anyone who refuses to allow a priest to carry on like this.
Its the light treatment of priests who do these things, that makes those who want to mess with children suspect that they could get away with it, and ANY step on that path is unacceptable, and any support or appeasement given to those who tread that dark path is functionaly idiotic, and harmful to the church and the wider communities affected by the subject.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Personally, i think they deserve their pain, it's their victims pain i have sympathy for.

[edit on 28/8/2010 by spikey]

I don´t see any pain here.
She is young, he is young, they enjoyed sex, they were aware what they are doing.

The only one that is in pain here is God. Do you have simpathy for God ?

PS: I am afraid, some of you cannot discuss this matter. You discuss this case and think about cases od pedophilya. So...it doesn´t work.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Its the light treatment of priests who do these things, that makes those who want to mess with children suspect that they could get away with it, and ANY step on that path is unacceptable, and any support or appeasement given to those who tread that dark path is functionaly idiotic, and harmful to the church and the wider communities affected by the subject.

Oh believe me we agree.
My problem is I do really believe this guy was set up.
Does that make what he did right?
Absolutely not.
But as I said in my post on page 2 of this thread - The problem with this guy being set up like this? It's like the girl who cries rape cause she's mad at her boyfriend, or blames her step-father for 'touching her' because he grounded her for a week.
This kind of case takes away from the REAL DEAL.
It could very possibly deter someone who has a true claim from stepping up, in fear of the reprisals and being labeled a gold digger.

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
To the last few posters, you may have missed some new information while you were typing your reply. In my opinion at least, it changes a few things. See my last post on the previous page if you're interested.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Thanks tons for the update and new info.

Well, that certainly changes some things - but - I still believe the parents are into this for cash. Just my gut talking. But come on now, what kind of sicko parents would video their daughter having sex, much less a daughter who is mentally and emotionally challenged? Answer? Parents who wanted a chunk of 'Catholic Hush Money'...

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So...in USA is it 18 years ?

In Europe a girl can have sex without permission from parents from 15-16 years, depending of country.

Priest is stupid. But you stretch this case to fit in "pedophilya".

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Pardon...without need to ask parents for permission.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I live in reading, PA.

If anyone would like to read the local story, please use the link from the newspaper that broke the story....

Sorry: When using the link that I tried to put up, it gave me a 404 condition.
Google: Reading eagle newspaper, the put 'Father Bonilla' in the search bar on the newspapers site.

More info here regarding her living with him in apartment after he left 'treatment'.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by oozyism

All true, but these are Priests!!!

They swear an oath on the Bible.
They are supposed to be above us on all things moral.
Our children are supposed to trust them with their souls...

Agreed. But on a secular level, the guy was the Principal at her school. This alters the dynamic tremendously. Teachers or others school officials abusing their authority in this way ranks right up there with Priests doing the same. This one's a double-whammy. I don't care if she was 18--- he was her Principal at the onset of the relationship. This blurs the issue of consent when as a student she was expected to obey him. Survey says... lock him up. He cannot/will not control his opportunistic urges.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The mistake the church is making is keeping standards that are over a thousand years old that priests and nuns should not marry.

the reason that the rule came about was because originally on the rich could become priests. Keep the sons from getting married, and the church inherits the rich estates.

Lucrative and calculated move.

But now anyone can become a priest and this is no longer the case. Drop the relic ideas, let priests and nuns marry. A lot of problems are solved.

Nuns are also dropping out in record numbers. Becuase they don't receive anything from the bloated Catholic church. They live below poverty, they do not get a pension, and have no support from the church once they retire. So there is no reason to become a nun if it does nothing but leave you dire and destitute.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My feeling is that these parents had no right to video tape their daughter having sex with anyone, priest or not. The girl was of legal age and was consenting. If the parents had a problem with her relationship with a priest, they should have and most certainly could have discussed this with the priest first, and if need be reported it to the diocese without the need for an explicit video tape.

The article says this priest had to go to a treatment facility. For what? To try to suppress a natural urge? What was he in treatment for?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The mistake the church is making is keeping standards that are over a thousand years old that priests and nuns should not marry.

No, it is wrong. Buddhists monks live in celibat (as i know), and you don´t read about things like this one.
Maybe they are not interesting for media. Or maybe they respect celibat better.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i see this as what it is a multibillion dollar corporation that pays no taxes
got caught with its pants down so to speak. good for the parents.
if pope and bishops would stop pretending to be kings and redirect all assets to fighting world hunger or disease the world would be a much better place. instead they tell people go out and multiply because gods says so . but really because they want you to make as many future catholics as you can to guarantee money coming in to feed there lifestyles.
if jesus came back and saw the castle city that is the vatican with all the starving children being born to pay for it he would probably vomit in revulsion to these atrocities.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

How about you ask the 18 year old girl who is old enough to make her own decisions? She's just as responsible as the priest. No matter how anti-agenda that is to the feminist movement.

When I was 5, I was old enough to make my own decisions. This means nothing. You don't get that she trusted this man because he garnered her trust in the name of God and the Church?
Even IF the parents, and the girl set up the Priest and the Church, the Church is still responsible for the result.
The Church needs a wake up call.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

By no means, am i religious..in fact, i abhor religion...I just wonder if theres something else going on..why is it ,this year is the year that all the catholic priests are outted as monsters..Let me make this clear..I am NOT defending them..at all! But..there are SO many stories this year that I wonder why.

I agree with what you just said. I am no where near religious, I am a spiritualist pagan. The Catholic church used to burn my kind while still alive, so I if anyone should have a problem with the church and jump at anything that proves they are just wanting control.

Some powerful group is doing some weird stuff lately. They are all over the 2012 thing making it look like a Hollywood super Y2K. They are distracting the masses away from raising the vibrational state and they know most people do not understand true spirituality and associate it with religion. So how do you keep one from ever even thinking about a spiritual path?

Well most people have confused religion with spirituality so if you demonize the church enough and keep them in state of stress, confusion and just entertained they will not reach the goal of raising the vibrational self when we line up with the transition from this density to the next step.

Something stinks.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If someone is in a position of power in an ethical organization, that someone has a duty to act accordingly and responsibly to uphold the ethical principles of that group.

It doesn't matter if the girl was of age or if she had consented to having sex with the priest. The priest failed to act responsibly, and is made worst with his status and reputation of power in the organization and community.

The video proof makes it hard for his words to carry any weight of his possible innocence against her's, unless he was attacked, restrained, drugged or raped, against his consent.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ixiy]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

In total agreement there rusethorcain. On several important and little spoken of points, the Roman Catholic Church needs to re-evaluate its direction and its intent.
All it makes for itself these days is a bad name , and Dollar after Dollar after Euro after Pound of losses in bribes and payoffs. Something has to give.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

This is rich. The girl has absolutely no responsibility in this except for being gullible and making a poor choice for herself. All the culpability is with this man who was in a power position over her.

Are you kidding me?!?! Take responsibility of your female power over men woman!! It is NATURE. In ALL creatures females have the power to get the male to mate with them. The younger women have even more power. They are more likely to be able to reproduce and we are built to receive that signal and what we then do is show off until we are the chosen one to mate.

Face facts. Nothing....absolutely nothing is more powerful than the male sex drive when we get a wiff of those female pheromones.

I am SO SICK of the way our society ignores this and places all the blame on men. I bet this priest was trying to council this POS about her over active media driven sex drive and got caught up fighting his own natural urge until the poor sod was overwhelmed. The trashy parents secretly filmed it?

Modern American women are nuts.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
The trashy parents secretly filmed it?

Modern American women are nuts.

Yes............you could say so if you see only title of the news. Brave new media. Parents are voayeurs.

But it is not so. They put camera rolling for long time to get some proof.
They had no much choice if they wanted to know for sure.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join