It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Snarf

And pick your mouth up off the floor. I know I have that effect on men but it is far from attractive.

Wow read what you wrote under your handle. Did you lose your heart? Or is it that you do not feel empathy. Far from attractive? The fact that your nature wakes up a mans nature and you find it far from attractive?

Females from nearly every corner of the globe accept for American women find it attractive to have the male attracted to them. Somehow most American women have been brainwashed to the point of being the most unattractive people on the inside than anywhere else. They wont even smile at most men because they are so afraid of being hit on instead of recognizing the wonderful gift God gave them. Every foreign woman I have meant are like how real women are supposed to be. I have only meant a handful of my own countries women that were not just a shallow self serving POS on the inside.

Rant over/

[edit on 28-8-2010 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I wonder what the response would be if it were a Nun that was found to be having sex with a young male member of her church? Probably just a "positive" experience for the young lad, no "real" harm done I suspect. What "breach of trust" was that again?

Don't you just love the double standards?

[edit on 28/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is a complete non-story, except for the religion/catholic bashers. She was 18, an adult. Age of consent in PA, 16.

The kid was born, they're living together, and he's helping to raise the child.

readingeagle.com...

Not to mention just about every teen girl in the cesspool of Reading has two or three kids by the time they're out of school.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

im with you on this one ...

jus 1 quick question

how they have 2-3 kids and not sleep with me

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I really dont get it...I mean..is this just a way to bash the Catholic church..or is all this stuff really happening?

By no means, am i religious..in fact, i abhor religion...I just wonder if theres something else going on..why is it ,this year is the year that all the catholic priests are outted as monsters..Let me make this clear..I am NOT defending them..at all! But..there are SO many stories this year that I wonder why.

Anyway..Im wondering why and how these parents even let it get that far!

If i saw anything even remotely close to sex with my daughter...that guy wouldnt be alive to speak about it..but thats just me.

It is not just this year. Stories about Priest have been around for many years, and I would go so far as to say the coverage was much more intense a few years back when all the molestation stories were coming out and grown people were suing the Church left and right for things that happened to them 20 plus years earlier.

On topic: I am in the same camp as a few others here. A Priest having sex with a female who is of the age of consent is a step in the right direction, however with that being said and correct me if I am wrong, aren't Priest supposed to practice celibacy?

The hypocrisy of those who preach religion to us and tell us we are all sinners is just ridiculous at this point.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Personally, although I do condemn this priest for his actions, I also see this as more evidence that the whole idea of celibacy needs to be done away with as a requirement for the priesthood.

It was a stupid idea to begin with, it doesnt work, and it should be retired.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I just don't understand the mentality, sue sue sue, don't give a damn about their daughter's well being, just get some cash.

Disgusting, almost as disgusting as what this slimeball did.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I was going to say that a Priest having consentual sex with an 18 year old woman is a step in the right direction for the Church.

Lmao! My thoughts exactly.

2 lines for what? Point made.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The question that is foremost in my mind is why would any parent allow a man in their basement with their daughter? The reputation of priests sexual misconduct with young people is well known. The parents are at least guilty of providing opportunity, their seeking financial reparations rather than prosecuting sets off my mental alarms as to who is the real victim.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

I really don't see the issue with this at all. The girl herself said it was none of her parents business, they said she was in High School when the relationship started, so what who cares. I started my relationship with my husband when I was in High School I was 17 he was 18, and in the military. I also dated men who were 25 when I was 17. Yes my parents knew and they didn't care. I really don't care and I don't think the guy should not be sued at all. The only thing that should happen is he shouldn't be a priest because as a priest he shouldn't be having sex, and that's it.

Mysticalzoe.....

He abused a position of trust & authority.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Illusionsaregrander.....

Personally, although I do condemn this priest for his actions..

.....as do I.....

I also see this as more evidence that the whole idea of celibacy needs to be done away with as a requirement for the priesthood. It was a stupid idea to begin with, it doesnt work, and it should be retired.

On the one hand.....

I'm not a big supporter of the "celibate priest" logic, or lack thereof.....perhaps it does cause many problems.

On the other hand.....

Regardless of anything, he abused a position of trust & authority.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I just don't understand the mentality, sue sue sue, don't give a damn about their daughter's well being, just get some cash.
Disgusting, almost as disgusting as what this slimeball did.

Kiwifoot.....

I guess "sueing" equals "revenge" & they see no other way to feel they have their revenge.

I think the parents' energy might be better spent if they try to help their daughter make a positive environment in her life.

But then again, perhaps they see the money as a big part of that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What is more disturbing is the parents actually wanted a sex tape with their daughter in it. That's messed up. He's 41 and she's 18, it's legal and their own private business, no matter what I or anyone else thinks about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
There are priests out there who are molesters but this case aint one, it seem's like, poor dude now he is most likely to be stuck with this chick, it just goes to show you got to watch what you stick your dick in.

I am LMAO I cant believe you said that on ATS and some mod didn't ding ya for it!
Ive been here forever it seems and I dont think Ive ever seen someone get away with a line like that one.

Kudos

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by WTFover

This is a case of a predator using his hijacked position to take advantage of an easily impressionable young girl.

WOmen are just as capable as men when making decisions.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAhaHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAhaHAH

.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Wow, that's a good one! You should be a stand-up comedian.

I'm on the side of the people who think the woman has no blame. She was obviously being taken advantage of and everyone knows that women are less capable then men at making choices. Woman are by nature more impressionable than men and can not make the right choices.

(and now the people who says she has no blame come out and say: "HEY YOU, JUST WAIT A FRIGGIN MINUTE HERE!!!"

lol... I love the double standards.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Debris765nju.....

The question that is foremost in my mind is why would any parent allow a man in their basement with their daughter? The reputation of priests sexual misconduct with young people is well known.

I think it's a great shame it has got to that point.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I never said the parents of that girl is not a greedy evil a$$holes, they are in this situation.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

This is rich. The girl has absolutely no responsibility in this except for being gullible and making a poor choice for herself. All the culpability is with this man who was in a power position over her.

I am sure this is the last or second to last thing these parents thought they were going to get on camera. Parents can't keep their children on a leash and certainly you would presume you could trust the girl with a priest.

Her parents were smart.
He made a poor choice entering the priesthood in the first place. Clearly he is not ready for his obligations but the Church made a bigger mistake entrusting him with their business and allowing him credibility the parents trusted and believed in.

The Church should pay and pay big.

Firstly she is 18, not 12, people have boy friends when they are 12, you have to examine the society around you very carefully and what TV is teaching kids.

We all know the story that girls are reaching puberty at very young age these days, some blame the media.

You think you can stop a teenager from having sex?

This is just evidence that you can't, so instead of trying to force teenage kids to hang around priests, maybe the society needs to rethink the root problem, what ever that maybe.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For all we know is the parents could be doing this to get money out of the church. This is ridiculous that its even in the news. She was a 18 year old she and the parents should be tried for being perverts and filming their daughter having sex. I would like to see her on TV explaining her self.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join