It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

www.smh.com.au

A Pennsylvania couple secretly videotaped a Catholic priest having sex with their 18-year-old daughter in the basement of their home and are now suing, saying he got her pregnant.

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday, alleges that the Reverend Luis A Bonilla Margarito carried on a sexual relationship with the teen while he was the chaplain of Reading Central Catholic High School and she was a senior there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
ATS Team:

August 28, 2010 - 4:02PM

A Pennsylvania couple secretly videotaped a Catholic priest having sex with their 18-year-old daughter in the basement of their home and are now suing, saying he got her pregnant.

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday, alleges that the Reverend Luis A Bonilla Margarito carried on a sexual relationship with the teen while he was the chaplain of Reading Central Catholic High School and she was a senior there.

Now, I'm far from being a "church basher".....

But gee.....they certainly do bring a whole lot of pain down on themselves when this stuff goes on.

These guys have to be run out of town.....or church.....well, you know exactly what I mean!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

www.smh.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was going to say that a Priest having consentual sex with an 18 year old woman is a step in the right direction for the Church.

But I am hesitant to stand by this as the article seems to infer that the relationship might have started before she was legally an adult...

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
if they can prove it was a relationship prior to her being 18...

Me, i'm just floored that a priest was putting it to a woman of consenting age. At least this time. What does he think he is, an Anglican?!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I really dont get it...I mean..is this just a way to bash the Catholic church..or is all this stuff really happening?

By no means, am i religious..in fact, i abhor religion...I just wonder if theres something else going on..why is it ,this year is the year that all the catholic priests are outted as monsters..Let me make this clear..I am NOT defending them..at all! But..there are SO many stories this year that I wonder why.

Anyway..Im wondering why and how these parents even let it get that far!

If i saw anything even remotely close to sex with my daughter...that guy wouldnt be alive to speak about it..but thats just me.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
At least it wasn't their son...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

What clever parents. There is no other way to get the Church to take these matters seriously or even acknowledge they happen without this type of proof. I think it is quite appropriate to hit them in the pocket book. Shame is all the parishioners are going to have to up the ante in the collection baskets just to bail this whore dog out of a mess his penis got him into. And I say that with all due respect to the mans position as a priest.

Don't they give these guys some kind of training for celibacy?
I think they should start putting salt peter in the food at the seminary.

Of course I am kidding. I really think they should all be Eunuchs.
you never know which man is speaking otherwise...the little or the big.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Any situation with a priest and a minor under their care is sick..

But it is encouraging to see some priests still like the opposite sex.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
At least it wasn't their son...

True, and funny but thinking more, I'd guess "sons" in the priesthood are a dime a dozen.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

No, this has been reported foy years and going on since religion was first invented..

Last I heard the Catholic Church, along with the Boy Scouts, have the biggest and best legal teams money can buy to hide this stuff..

Mainly through paying off the victims...
Remember that as the collection plate is passed around..

link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Rusethorcain.....

On the one hand.....

I look at some of these very witty early comments & have a bit of a wry chuckle at the church's expense.

On the other hand.....

I think about how appalling it is that guys like that priest continue to play their part in turning the church into a laughing stock almost bereft of credibility.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

link   

You blame the Priests?

I blame both the Priests and the girls who wants to do this kind of acts with the priests.

There is two different mentality growing, and this might be the speciation we have all been waiting for.

One group believes Women can't do wrong hence West (not all but most). Another group believe men can't do no wrong, hence East (not all but most).

This is embarrassing, and it is sad to put a huge picture of the priest like that, as if the girl was under age, or as if the girl never had sex before, or as if the girl didn't want to have sex.

You guys are still living in the 19'th century, I'm guessing you guys are the older generation and are out cast in regards to what teens are up to these days.

Jeez, I know 10 year olds already, ready for sex, with men 30+ because they seen their models on TV doing the same..

Most parents don't even know, the ones that do, they simply think the girls are sexaholic, WTF does that mean LOL

My X told me she was a sexaholic lol I swear to GOD on this one, she took counselling and stuff.

WOW

What a world we are living in.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

All true, but these are Priests!!!

They swear an oath on the Bible.
They are supposed to be above us on all things moral.
Our children are supposed to trust them with their souls..

I wouldn't trust some Priests with my car keys, let alone one of my children..

I also agree with an earlier poster.

If anyone,even a priest, ever did something to one of my children there is no way in hell they would make it to jail...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I blame both the Priests and the girls who wants to do this kind of acts with the priests.

So, it's the priests and the girls fault that the parents are greedy, money grubbing whores?

I fail to see that connection

The parents are out for blood. Yes, the priest may have gotten her pregnant, but it takes TWO TO TANGO. She gave consent. Suing over pregnancy from consensual sex is like getting into an argument with your father when he takes your side over moms.

It just doesn't make any sense.

I hope the Priest counter sues, and blames the parents for video taping them having sex without his consent.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

f anyone,even a priest, ever did something to one of my children there is no way in hell they would make it to jail...

Agreed. Except that in this case, the "Child" is an 18 year old consensual adult. If anything in this situation, if you're disappointed as a parent, you should be disappointed in yourself for being a lousy parent.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The camera recorded the couple having sex in November 2009,

So they then took this to the diocese, and he was removed from his post and sent to a treatment center. While at said treatment center he continued to have contact with the girl and ultimately got her pregnant; and here we stand with a civil suit nearly a year later seeking punitive damages for...

breach of fiduciary duty, infliction of emotional distress and gross negligence.

Those second two seem like they could be applied to any unplanned pregnancy.

It seems like they're in this for the money; granted if it goes to raise the child it'll be needed. Perhaps we need clarification on what emotional distress and gross negligence they mean.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Is there more to the story?
Meaning, a prior relationship before she came of age?
Do they attend his church?
Had they been there 'doing it' in the basement before?
The reason I ask is it sounds like entrapment to me - on the parents and the girls part.

Taking that as the case:

In my opinion the girl and her parent's need to be run out of town.
No, I'm not defending the priest, BUT - there are SO MANY valid claims - outstanding claims of sexual abuse!
Well, when hearing a case like this one where parents and young woman set up a priest? Those who've yet to come forward might not thinking they'll just get blamed at 'setting up a priest' and being 'gold diggers' too.

Those parents - geesh - how sick is that pimping out your own daughter.

I mean come on, if you really cared about your daughter? You'd either catch the guy a. of time and beat his cassock off, or counsel your daughter she's doing wrong.

No, there's something way off and totally bs entrapment and sickness on the girl and the parents part here. Not that the priest is blameless of course.

Edit to add: I should probably read the whole article huh. lol
Edit to add - again: Ok I read the whole thing, but I still stand by my post.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

The fact he was the chaplain at her school means nothing??

He was in a position of trust..

He abused that trust..

Granted, I have no idea what the parents were thinking in filming this..

I would not have filmed it because I couldn't hold the camera and strangle the &^%$# at the same time.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo13.....

So, do you think the parents & the daughter planned this together?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join