It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
At what point do we say to the Catholic Church, "I'm sorry, but your organization is no long allowed to associate with minors, considering the longer term and widespread problems you have in protecting minors from sexual abuse by your personnel.

Someone else said it right here on ATS. Don't know where the post is, but it was right on.

How close to a public school should a Catholic Church be allowed?

You're on the right track, but I think the bigger question is: At what point do we require and full investigation by a third party that cannot and will not be influenced by $$ to get the whole story and hold the Diocese accountable for the Pedophile Shuffle they've been dancing for centuries?

At what point do we as a people say, "It is cruel, unusual, inhumane and against God's commandments when requiring a person of the cloth to a life of celibacy for their religion when the same bible they use states on the FIRST page of the laws of God "Be fruitful and multiply"? This basically sets one up for failure since masterbation is out of the question as well!

When religions cease to require celibacy and admonish masterbation, it will be easier for people to see what the most important line has been crossed. In these circumstances, we have many factors and people of the curent world get easily confused by too many variables.

"He's a priest. We should just be happy it wasn't a boy . . . this time."
"He's a priest. I feel sorry for him CHOOSING a celibate life working with children."
"She's a teenage girl who is NOW of legal age. Too late to do anything now."

Is it? What about these cases of teachers having sex with students?

Teacher Carolynn Hatcher gets pregnant by student, goes to prison

Mary Kay Letourneau

teacher / student / sex / scandal

More stories of sexual abuse by women

The most revealing article being this one by a journalist (that won an award by the way):
What's behind today's epidemic of teacher-student sex?

If you do the crime, you must do the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I was thinking about how creepy is it to have your parents secretly filming you, an 18 year old adult, having sex with anyone at all...

did anyone consider that weird angle? Hmmm

Yes actually, about a half dozen people considered and mentioned this before you did.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
At least it wasn't their son...

What a great example of the sort of homophobia still rampant in our culture.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Snarf

And pick your mouth up off the floor. I know I have that effect on men but it is far from attractive.

Wow read what you wrote under your handle. Did you lose your heart? Or is it that you do not feel empathy. Far from attractive? The fact that your nature wakes up a mans nature and you find it far from attractive?...
Rant over/
[edit on 28-8-2010 by LoneGunMan]

Here is what snarf said

My jaw literally about popped off when I read this.

Now what the heck are you talking about? It was a joke.

I might be a three hundred pound bald woman, who wears a curly red wig.
That can cause some mouths to drop to the floor too.
What did you ASSUME I was suggesting to snarf?
Trying to guess why this is any of your affair anyway...

It is not my fault you have problems with women and your personal issues have nothing to do with the thread. I don't know why your post was not removed for irrelevance.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

I confess I have not read the whole thread, but I did read your posts, so just in case I missed something I read the whole thing. And there is nothing there....absolutelly nothing much...so a 18 yr old girl had a relationship with a much older man/preist...Big freaking deal young girls have relationship's with older men all the time, take your blinders off and look around...it was average in the past, and it's normal today, and it is no mystery why it's done....I could tell you why exactly but it would require a whole book "to much writing and a waste of time". Now I know some of you dudes and dudet's have kids of age so you are forced to think off these sittuations, but you are also prejudiced against one or the other "for instance if you have a daughter of age, then offcourse, if you hear such a story...then the human mind will relate to what it know's ie daughter=young girl being taken advantage off that is how the human mind works creating facts, by relations of known fact's" But what you fail to understand is.....it's not your daughter/kid or your family....it's a whole different daughter/kid and family, and the writers judges and lawyers are interperting this into the basic precept of normal as yours and mine family and problem's/disputes. When in fact you dont have much to relate to what actually went down, This should be the title of the story "older man/preist sleeps with and gets girl of consetual age pregnant, parents film it, and girl says mind your business" By you prejudices and words your fears become clear, and you project them on others....hence "preist should be locked away for life afterr all I have a daughter as well". You would need a lot more info on this case to pass any sort of judgement on this hypocrite of a preist .....If the perocative deemed that all hipocytes be killed/hanged, I am afraid there would be no human 's left on this planet. So thill that happens take everything with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I wonder what the response would be if it were a Nun that was found to be having sex with a young male member of her church? Probably just a "positive" experience for the young lad, no "real" harm done I suspect. What "breach of trust" was that again?

Don't you just love the double standards?

[edit on 28/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

Ah-h-h-h... and this is why I suspect that so many American women have evolved into feminazis under the gay rights regime... and why ERA failed miserably. Think about it. Having someone attempt to ride in on your coat tails... while at the same time being continuously accused of one type of bigotry or another in order to gain political leverage. Eventually it begins to take a toll (poisons) everything and everybody around them.

[edit on 29/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I definetly think the parents are just trying to reap the rewards, or hope for some silence money.

Because they knew where to put the camera.

The girl may/may not be in on it.

Either way, they are screwed up or have screwed up enough to have their daughter sleeping with a priest.

Do I think it is scandalous? No. But the parents are.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Catholic Church and sex abuse has a long and ongoing history

so this does not surprise me one bit. The parents did good to install a

camera in their basement! Unfortunately their suspicions were confirmed.

Well at least this stops one priest anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I wouldn't take it like that. I think it was just an attempt at humor and actually very funny. I do hope for a future where it isn't so true or quite as funny though.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
This is a complete non-story, except for the religion/catholic bashers. She was 18, an adult. Age of consent in PA, 16.

The kid was born, they're living together, and he's helping to raise the child.

readingeagle.com...

Not to mention just about every teen girl in the cesspool of Reading has two or three kids by the time they're out of school.
I often think of Reading as a tiny third world country now-a-days, but your cesspool quote might be more apt.

I think I might have third world countries pissed at me for likening them to Reading.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

gives a new meaning to bible bashing

a qurious question what kind of parent would watch their 18 year old have intercourse on tape?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Rusethorcain.....

I might be a three hundred pound bald woman, who wears a curly red wig.

My dream woman!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Illusive man.....

a qurious question what kind of parent would watch their 18 year old have intercourse on tape?

I don't know.....

Maybe they felt that was the only way to confirm what was going on.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

I've noticed several posters mention this. I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that the parents "watched" the video, implying they sat down with popcorn and sodas in the family room, viewing it from beginning to end.

Perhaps (and much more likely), they only viewed as much as was necessary to confirm their suspicions and ensure there was, in fact, sufficient evidence to support their making an official complaint and accusation.

Of course, I'm just speculating as well, since the articles don't say.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

whats really disturbing here is the parents knew that they were getting it on.

and what did they do? they taped it?

theres 2 kinds of wrong here:

1 preist knocking boots with an 18 year old
2 parents filming it.

im saying since she was of age and it being a catholic preist

the parents and teen saw an opportunity to sue for $$.

its wrong anyway you look at this subject.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
The priest failed to act responsibly,

How did he fail to act responsibly?

Legal age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by ixiy
The priest failed to act responsibly,

How did he fail to act responsibly?
Legal age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16.

Craig732.....

He abused a position of trust & authority.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I did not read all the comments but I hope that I am not the only one who got a strong feeling that this family used the weakness of this priest and the bad name of the church connected with sex-scandals to get rich quick.

This smell like a setup....ofcourse should the priest know better but it still stinks when I look at that family.

They should go for the cardinal or a bishop....maybe they would receive more money and the luxuourity to have the money exchange arranged behind the curtains.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
I did not read all the comments but I hope that I am not the only one who got a strong feeling that this family used the weakness of this priest and the bad name of the church connected with sex-scandals to get rich quick.

Zatara.....

Yes.....members have noted that possibility.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

What clever parents. There is no other way to get the Church to take these matters seriously or even acknowledge they happen without this type of proof. I think it is quite appropriate to hit them in the pocket book. Shame is all the parishioners are going to have to up the ante in the collection baskets just to bail this whore dog out of a mess his penis got him into. And I say that with all due respect to the mans position as a priest.

Don't they give these guys some kind of training for celibacy?
I think they should start putting salt peter in the food at the seminary.

Of course I am kidding. I really think they should all be Eunuchs.
you never know which man is speaking otherwise...the little or the big.

Are you out of your mind?

You can't read what you typed and see what's wrong with everything you said??

Any parent that is video-taping their daughter having sex is INSANE and the daughter should be suing them! Who cares if a priest was involved? Who cares what that man does? That's your daughter, people!

Wtf is going through peoples' minds these days??

Aren't you the same person who was talking about you would defend a child against ANYTHING? How about their PARENTS VIDEOTAPING HER HAVING SEX?!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join