It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Anti-Mosque crowd turns on Black Carpenter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

don't clip the hair dude, makes more of an entrance.

and to what ends would you achieve?

try to make us look bad when you are asked politely to leave?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

For starters , your title is misleading , as I saw no actual "violence" in the clip . A lot of stupid rednecks and ignorance yes , but , where was the violence ?

Just another bunch of punk-ass wannabes contributing to the 'herd mentality' .

How many of them would have gotten up in the guy's face if it was just the two of them , one on one ? Probably not a single one in the whole damn crowd .

Racism and ignorance go hand-in-hand . And , it's not like it is just one race or group that still adheres to and promotes this type of bigotry , as it can be found everywhere .

Let's not forget the Reginald Denney fiasco , where the poor guy was beaten to near death simply for being white and in the wrong place at the wrong time .

The media and the establishment love this kind of crap , as it keeps us all fighting with each other instead of dragging them out for a little street-corner justice .

I commend the fellow for showing restraint instead of punching that idiot in the face . Can't say I would have been so calm about it myself .

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know i am out of line but when i see so much ignorance and fear that turns into anger and mob makes me wanna put'em all inside a #in oven and burn them. freaking degenerates.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
From the video snippet

A man walks through the crowd at the Ground Zero protest and is mistaken as a Muslim. The crowd turns on him and confronts him. The man in the blue hard hat calls him a coward and tries to fight him. The tall man who I think was one of the organizers tried to get between the two men. Later I caught up with the man who's name is Kenny. He is a Union carpenter who works at Ground Zero. We discussed what a scary moment that was for him. I told him that I hoped it did not ruin his day.

I am interested to know how did they know he was a Muslim because of his black color, beard or hat? If that's the case it comes to racial profiling.

That was so funny that I nearly spilled my coffee after shaking with bellow laughs.

I had tears in my eyes after.

From the laughter.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All Americans are equal .

Aren't they ?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
These people are nuts. The only reason I'd be opposed to the idea of the Mosque being there is because of the safety of the Muslims who would go there to worship. These enemies of freedom of religion and the constitution are completely insane and dangerous.

This is a disgusting situation.

We must stand United in these times, not divided over race or religion.

It's been a while since I felt ashamed to be an American...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I find it amazing that everyone is quick to call the anti-mosque protesters bigots. I guess you all have been reading Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" where he says to ridicule your opponents and accuse them of racism.

Maybe those people remember their friends jumping out of the twin towers to keep from burning. Let's not forget all the people in the muslim world who yell "death to America" and mean it. How about all the muslim leaders in groups like CAIR and the imam of this mosque who refuse to denounce terrorism.

If we Americans are such racists, why do we allow mosques to be built at all? We could be like the muslims in Saudi Arabia and Iran who kill people of other religions, gays, and other apostates.

Freedom of religion is not a suicide clause. What if the nazis or the kkk called themselves a religion? I guess you all would support them also. I would not.

I say they can build the mosque at the ground zero site when the Catholics can build a church in Mecca.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

I thought he was Jewish? Are Jews black? I thought they were olive skined people. I've never seen a black Jew unless he converted. Maybe I'm on the wrong medication this morning! hehehehe

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
People, get real. If zoning permits then the owner of the land can build anything they want. The only valid opinions against the mosque being built there belong to the residents of NYCity. Everyone else is just a busy-body. This whole thing should be a non-issue outside NYC.

Just my opinion.

PS. If the intention of this building is to promote community cohesion, they may want to choose another location since just the proposal of building it creates this kind of reaction.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
This makes me want to clip my hair down, put on a skullcap, and walk through that crowd, too. I'll even lie and tell 'em I'm a Muslim. 'Cause I wish a m'fer would.

I'll do you one better, go into that crowd wearing my desert hiking gear which includes a Kafia. And I have a beard, I might add. I'm sure my pale white skin would throw them all for a loop.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
sammy davis jr. ring a bell?

anyway, plenty blacks are jewish.

the vid was not media. lousy sound, no violence, very open to interpretation.

settled quickly.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The funny thing is, these people are all hellbound for their actions, and no doubt they were religiously motivated.

love thy enemy, There are many rooms in my fathers mansion, Judge not lest ye be judged, etc etc etc

clearly these folks are the bottomfeeders of society and deserve their karma

incidently, I am not religious at all...but I am somewhat spiritually minded and find the positive aspects of any religion to be worthy of being encouraged...

I do hope they protest any christian or jewish structure within a 10 block range...the 9/11 issue came not from islamic radicals...but religious radicals...terrorism over a space ghost comes in many forms, not just from the middle east...clearly they can simply look at their own actions and note they are a religious radical attempting to instill fear for their dogmatic agenda...aka, terrorism.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Go "MOD EDIT" yourself sheep.
This guy was a freakin plant walkin around with his chest out looking for trouble. I refuse to believe what this kid says in his 1st Tube post as gospel.

I know what I saw. This is exactly what tptb want out of this.

Do you remember how you felt this day?? I will never forget.
I have been to Ground Zero, Shanksville and the Pentagon.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

star my friend.

saw that straight out.

it was handled quite well too.!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCAinSTL

Freedom of religion is not a suicide clause. What if the nazis or the kkk called themselves a religion? I guess you all would support them also. I would not.

What the Nazis and the KKK share in common is intolerance and absolutism regarding people who are different from them.

I've got to tell you that the vitriol towards Muslims in the US reminds me a LOT of the very thing you seemingly do not want - a religion of hate.

There are Nazi's, Klansmen, and all sorts of other people actively practicing their hate in this nation - and they have every right to believe what they want. But they cannot use their beliefs as a platform to silence the beliefs as others.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This whole incident could easily have been staged including this thread to make large groups of people look anti-Muslim.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i guess when the kkk or the nazi's want to build a 100mil community center,

we be all over that too.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MCAinSTL

First off,
the Islamic Culture Center is not really near the sight of Ground Zero...nor completely visible...if visible at all.

Let the Center go on and let's stop being divided over an event committed by a few rotten apples....or in the eyes of a truther...an event committed by the government. Whichever, doesn't matter...the people have a right to worship and pray.

Who are you to judge them or prohibit them from doing so?

So yes, the enemies of freedom aren't the terrorists...the ones who oppose the Center are.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
This guy walked through the crowd looking for trouble IMO. Big N Bad until someone bigger put him in his place.
I love it.

you are exactly what's wrong with this country. It's unbelievable and disturbing.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

is that horse dead yet?

that is not the issue.

it is too close for the people affected directly.

what part of freedom of religion but don't mean you can build it here,

do you not understand?

only that you can practice without government interference. not public opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join