It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godspeed to Iran, and congratulations.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Basically all I want to say is Congratulations Iran on your recent milestone, and best of luck to your future endeavors without the overhanging oppression from the desperate and collapsing empire of the United States and Israel.

A war has been averted IMO, and America's crusade to steal and control the last remaining significant oil is coming to a close. Thats all ATS, thanks!

~Nomad

Thanks for saying this Nomad.
Star and Flag, and two more stars, too.

i don't think this is about oil. oil is probably a sliver of the pie chart.

having said that, i'm glad your thread is a better success than you originally anticipated.

thanks for sharing,
et

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Go fix your brain, you have been watching too much propaganda:

Iran's judiciary decided to scrap the punishment of stoning in draft legislation submitted to parliament for approval.[19] In July 2010, the Iranian judiciary spokesman Jamal Karimirad was quoted as saying "Stoning has been dropped from the penal code for a long time, and in the Islamic republic, we do not see such punishments being carried out", further adding that if stoning sentences were passed by lower courts, they were over-ruled by higher courts and "no such verdicts have been carried out." [23]

en.wikipedia.org...

People like you have no life.

This is Iranian internal affairs, Iran is finally accepting true Islam and abandoning culture while idiots like you keep on pushing the hate as if you have no problems of your own.

Go for a walk around your town at night, see the problems your own country has then talk about others.

If you have, then good on you, if you haven't, then you are just a hater and a tool used for political trolling by the politicians.

Don't tell me you think the Mosque issue is an issue, supposedly it is in ground Zero, hence ground Zero mosque, and supposedly ground Zero has been nuked, because that is what ground Zero means.

Go away tool..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeoDandy
reply to post by oozyism

Is Brazil considered the "West"?
"Iran stoning woman offered asylum by Brazil's president Lula"

SO, Iran could have just shipped this awful woman out of their wonderful compassionate country but they just couldn't abide this awful woman corrupting another man that could be buggering a teenage boy.

I'm told when they stone her to death, they don't use stones that are too big, don't want her to die right off the bat, where's the fun in that?

I love the muslims, they're so grand.
I love Iran, it's does so much for the world, they gave a bag of rice to Haiti didn't they?
Yay Iran!!

You have been watching too much propaganda too, this women has been convicted of helping her husbands murder.

It is odd how Westerners have been programmed to think Iranian women do not commit crime, or that they are somehow saints and do not kill, or steal, or do other horrendous crimes.

Do you know how her husband was murdered? Do you know the details?

It is horrible.

Keeping that in mind, she won't be stoned, read my previous post. She will be executed for helping her husband's murder (horrible murder).

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Deny ignorance. This thread had shown more ignorance than any 10 of the I'm an alien sent here to help you understand the universe threads.

Fiction 1-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threated all jews.

Fiction 2-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threatened Christians

Fiction 3-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to destroy Israel

Fiction 4-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad thinks anyone who recognizes Israel should be destroyed

Fiction 5- The Iranian government murders gays just for being gay

Fiction 6-The Iranian government treats women as substandard human beings

Fiction 7-The Iranian government murders women who cause harm to no one

Fiction 8-The Iranian government has lynched numerous children

Fiction 9-Imprisons people for being Christian

Fact 10- Iranian government says it will share nuclear technology with other arab countries

Fiction 11-Most Muslims in Arab countries support terrorism, and these are the countries who will get the nuclear technology

Fiction 12- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is supported by more than 2/3rds of the Iranian people

Fiction 13- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Was one of the terrorists kidnappers involved with the hostage crisis 30 years ago.

Fact 14-Every year the Iranian government provides more than 1/2 a billion dollars to Hamas and Hezbollah, not counting the weapons

Fact 15-The Iranian government is the chief supplier of arms to several major terrorist groups

where did you get these facts from
as they are making me laugh and cry at the same time

someone has been watching to much fox here let me correct it for you

on supporting Hamas so what?
the United states does the same thing with groups all around the world
also Just because one country lables someone terrorists doesnt mean they have to been seen as terrorists by other nations

most your facts are just Pure BS and hysteria worthy of fox news job.

do your self a favor and research your facts first, would do you a world of favors

[edit on 19-8-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I support Hamas and its cause, that doesn't make me a terrorist, or does it, DAN DAN DAAAAAAAN (creepy music in the back ground).

America supports Jandullah, which is also a terrorist organization, not to mention supported Al-Qaeda lol..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

they are freedom fighters when they are on your payroll
other then that if they are being funded by your adversery they are terrorists and terrorist supporters

also fun watching these people come out the woodwork with their so called facts though

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

WWPD? What would Patton do? He'd do what he wanted to do to the Russians, destroy them. I have always loved Patton and his way of commanding. Hell, my son was 5 years old when he found the movie Patton on television, and was instantly enthralled. I believe we need to knock off the pres of iran, exterminate the radical element, and show the peace-loving everyday ordinary folk who are not represented by the negative element that even if we follow a different religion we still love, have families, share values, and will be delighted to give them the means to enjoy a free democracy. I know its a pipe dream, but thats the way it should be in every country, no matter what god you follow or way you worship. I have no problem with them having nuclear power, but like everyone else, we smell a rat, and a bomb.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
How does the USS Truman rescuing 8 iranian sailors just now fit into your feelings on this issue??? Breaking News via "Twitter" check it out, you can have the scoop..... : )

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
*Sigh* How I long for the days of respectful debate and understanding.

Maybe it is time for the USA (and Britain) to become isolationist once again. Apparently we/they are not wanted anywhere. So let us withdraw the troops (all troops) close the borders and eject the UN from New York and withdraw from the security council.

Would it be hard ? Why yes it would, but we're a strong people.( Judging us simply by our politicians is foolhardy).

It is often said, that the USA (and Britain) need the world more than the world needs them. I say let's find out.

Just my 0.02¢. Voiced as I see it British by birth American by naturalization and deeply disturbed by what both are becoming.

And for Iran; Yes congratulations you now have the tiger by its tail, I hope you can hang on. For it you cannot you will undoubtedly reap what you sow.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well let's look at the current situation. A whole bunch of countries already have nukes. Nukes are being controlled by, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Atheists. And the only nukes that have ever been used officially against another country was used by good old fashioned Christians from the USA.

Once upon a time (pre 1963) much of the world looked up to the USA and thought what a wonderful place it is. Now it is a nation that is despised around the world. It could have helped all the planet become a better place. But all it exported was political manipulation, murder and war.

The next time a nuke is used in anger it is more likely to be anonther one from the USA in a false flag opperation on it's own people. That way they can justify wiping out their citizens rights and escalating their exportation of war.

And American's wonder why they are not liked in many places abroad. Sadam was put there by the Yanks. The Yanks armed the Taliban to oust the Russians. They have helped overthrow many ellected governments and supported a host of dictators. And now they are at war with the people they armed, how smart is that?

After the false flag attack of 9/11 and the subsequent joke of an inquiry that spent way less on it's inquiry than what was spent on the Starr Report, we knew the USA was in trouble. But over the ensuing years we have realised it is a complete basket case with a population that has been dumbed down and sedated, and in reality offers almost nothing constructive to the rest of the world.

Don't get me wrong. Most of the Yanks I've met are nice people, but they are in general, woefully ignorant of the rest of the world. And now that the world is such a small place that ignorance is a crime.

Now we wait to watch the USA invade the next country that gets blamed for the next false flag attack on US soil. I wonder who that may be. Just remember it wasn't us. The only nukes here in Australia would be in a US base. The ones that are supposed to be joint bases, but we get to supply the cleaners.

Anyhow I shouldn't be too controvercial. After all we have a Federal election tomorrow and none of our pollies are critical of the US. They remember the last 2 leaders who were too critical. One went for a swim and was never seen again. The other was kicked out of government, mid term, by the Governor General (Queens front man, and also CIA Lackey), something that had never happened here before or since

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

i have not been keeping up with this thread as much as i would like to be.

it's probably been mentioned, but i'm thinking that iran may not be permitted to obtain certain nuclear capabilities by others, or at least they will do what they feel is neccessary to prevent it.

thinking of what may eventually come to pass with all the borders we have on this planet, eventually isn't every nation going to have nuclear technologies? what do some people think that timeline looks like? two years from now, or 200 years from now? or will we make it to see such a day?

some rhetorical questions i was thinking about myself.

put a smile on your face, you look better that way,
et

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by greysave

Seriously what is wrong with the posters here. You guys are starting to scare me. I used to read this forum religiously, but now barely check in. I mean no America isn't perfect but damn congratulations to Iran for getting close to nuclear weapons is just plane nutty butty. I mean I don't think America was 100% with the whole handleing of the Iran thing, but at least we don't stone woman to death for adultery. Jesus, you guys are crazy, you have no problem with them stoning a woman to death thus you support them, but you have a problem with America. You live in a twisted reality, hopefully you will awaken to the truth. The truth is no longer on ATS. You guys always deny the comments on wiping israel of the map cause that is cool with you too. Makes no sense, how the bad guys are somehow the good guys now.

I do not think that people are supporting Iran because they are getting close to nuclear weapons. I think people are supporting Iran because they disagree with the hypocritical US and Israel. Iran stone women to death, the US shreds children with machine guns fire. The US is involved in two wars (that it acknowledges) Iran - none that I know of.

"The US is engaged militarily in 75 countries. There are some 900 US military bases across the world"
LINK

Think about it who is the aggressive one here? The US, Britain and Israel or Iran. Who has bases all over the globe? Who already has nuclear weapons? Who has threaten to use nuclear weapons?

Good guys? Bad guys? Grow up, read some history the US, Britain and Israel have very rarely been the "Good guys".

By the way, the US imprisons people for life (20 years or whatever) if they steal a loaf of bread under the three strikes law. Even if it is to feed a family, now THAT is just as barbaric as stoning. Did you know the prisoners then have to work and produce goods while they are in prison for a couple of dollars a day. It is slave labour reinvented, plain and simple.

So, do not sit there on your high horse surveying the world with contempt, get off the horse and smell the poo in your camp, too.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I read these posts so filled with hate...What! You do not hate Iran? You must be a self-hating American!
So ask yourselves, if your wishes came true and Israel bombed their nuclear facilities and radiation contaminated the country poisoning everyone, children and new-borns alike, and then you discovered they had simply built a power plant and there were no bombs...the bombs were in the same place as Iraq's WMDs..pure neo-con propaganda..would it even bother you?
If a country is bombed back to the stone age with hundreds of thousands or perhaps even millions of civilian deaths for a crime they did not commit, would you feel any guilt for having supported that war?
Or would it be O.K. because they were only Iranians anyway.
Only a guess, I admit I could be wrong, just a guess, but I'd bet that the average Iranian woman would prefer to have the potential of a stoning death for adultery hanging over her head then to see her home destroyed and her family and small children killed while 'liberating' her.
How many 10-year-old little girls did we kill in Iraq who are now free to choose for themselves if they will wear veils. Oh no, wait a minute. They're dead. I know their parents thank God that the Americans freed them.
Get over yourself America.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Deny ignorance. This thread had shown more ignorance than any 10 of the I'm an alien sent here to help you understand the universe threads.

Fiction 1-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threated all jews.

Fiction 2-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threatened Christians

Fiction 3-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to destroy Israel

Fiction 4-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad thinks anyone who recognizes Israel should be destroyed

Fiction 5- The Iranian government murders gays just for being gay

Fiction 6-The Iranian government treats women as substandard human beings

Fiction 7-The Iranian government murders women who cause harm to no one

Fiction 8-The Iranian government has lynched numerous children

Fiction 9-Imprisons people for being Christian

Fact 10- Iranian government says it will share nuclear technology with other arab countries

Fiction 11-Most Muslims in Arab countries support terrorism, and these are the countries who will get the nuclear technology

Fiction 12- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is supported by more than 2/3rds of the Iranian people

Fiction 13- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Was one of the terrorists kidnappers involved with the hostage crisis 30 years ago.

Fact 14-Every year the Iranian government provides more than 1/2 a billion dollars to Hamas and Hezbollah, not counting the weapons

Fact 15-The Iranian government is the chief supplier of arms to several major terrorist groups

where did you get these facts from
as they are making me laugh and cry at the same time

someone has been watching to much fox here let me correct it for you

on supporting Hamas so what?
the United states does the same thing with groups all around the world
also Just because one country lables someone terrorists doesnt mean they have to been seen as terrorists by other nations

most your facts are just Pure BS and hysteria worthy of fox news job.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by illusive man]

Thanks for putting in the effort to effortlessly demolish that hyperbole masquerading as a post, I saw it inwardly groaned and thought why bother, the poster must know those facts are wrong so must be lying for political gain, they wont be persuadable by reason, but others might so well done and thanks again.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
reply to post by Whyhi

WWPD? What would Patton do? He'd do what he wanted to do to the Russians, destroy them.

Russia would've kicked our ass in 45, FACT!!. Doncha know that's why his grateful nation killed him.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

GTFOA with this BS! U kidd'n me???

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
you are a dirty commie.
second line

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes, I AM happy, for Iran has, by starting up the reactor, assured the USA's Military-Industrial complex funding for years to come. Great ,absolutely spiffy...

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Iran has been at war with us by proxy for years. Through a Revolutionary Guard arm known as "Quds Force" they fund, supply and train insurgents and terrorist groups as well as actively participating in covert operations under the guise of insurgents or militia groups.

This is the reason why Iran must not be allowed to produce nuclear weapons, they would jump at the chance to supply them to terrorist groups and other undesirables. This threat ranks far above a possible nuclear engagement with Iran because it is infinitely more likely to happen and much more difficult to stop from happening.

If it wasn't for this then there's little reason to object to Iran going nuclear any more than North Korea, Pakistan, India etc and a nuclear armed Israel is more likely to get us into trouble than any of the above.

The international fuss over Iran being able to produce nuclear weapons is not about trying to keep them out of the “nukes club” it’s to stop terrorists all over the world unwrapping their nuclear devices sent in the post from Quds Force.

So far in this thread people are making Iran out to be a rebellious kid sticking two fingers up at NATO and the World Police. People are supporting Iran for the sake of not supporting the US and others. It makes about as much sense as supporting a serial child killer on the run just because you don't like the coppers chasing him.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Salaam Chetoori, I starred your post as well FreightTrain...

I highly recommend reading the book : Confessions of an Economic Hitman....for in the book the author describes how much we were making on Iranian Oil at the time of the Shah. It was 60% of all gross revenues was going to the US and Britain.

The US was also building a Nuclear Reactor for the Iranians under the Shah. But it was halted after the revolution and all of the Iranian's money held in western banks for the project was subsequently stolen.

Many fail to realize that the entire quest for Nuclear Power is to rid them selves of the dependence of fossil fuels as well as the various forms of control by the West

For Though they possess the natural resources, namely Oil and Natural Gas, the refineries are outside of Iran and controlled by the West.

This lack of refining capability makes them susceptible to these acts of war called sanctions. Note the recent blockade on the importation of Gasoline to Iran.

Hence as to why they are developing Electric cars as announced last year.

The Iranians are not interested in the production of Nuclear Weapons.

For IF Nukes were ever used on Israel, with the weather moving west to east, where would the radioactive Fallout land ?

Back in Iran !

What sense would that make ? But people don't think about that...it's all about Fear.

I personally am not ready to relocate to Iran anytime soon, but I also don't want to see another Zionist funded war.

Because War Is A Racket and the only winners are the rich and the losers are always the poor who pay with their lives.

Don't know how to write this properly in Farsi, but the word for "God be With You" phonetically sounded as such :

Quoda-Fez

God Be With You ....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join