It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vs China?????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You might want to fix your links. They don't come up as clickable links. And I couldn't get the Navy links to load. Also remember whether you fight the war here or over there you are fighting over a very large land mass. You won't have the benefit of a quick flyover. This causes refueling problems. Also China has the ability to hit our naval fleet. And if they attack us here. Well. That would be an interesting problem as most Americans have never experienced a war.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Rain

Originally posted by Indy
Wars will end the day the leaders are forced onto the battlefield.

This is why no one will defeat us:
[url=http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/]
[url=http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ships/ship-cv.html]
[url=http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ships/ship-ssbn.html]

Oh and...

[url=http://www.army-technology.com/projects/abrams/]

A gift to you

They can be launched to your home

No one will defeat U.S,but someone can ruins U.S.

Just China~~~~

To ruin U.S,we don't need Russia's help.

Because it is TOO EASY.

I feel sick about American's arrogance.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by gastric cancer]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think we all agree that the U.S. would never invade China because then the U.S. has everything to lose, nothing to gain.

Given that, I think the U.S. can more than likely defend Taiwan from Chinese aggression, AS LONG as the U.S. does not conduct an offensive military campaign.

In a defensive war, diplomacy is paramount. Diplomacy is the U.S.'s offense in this situation, where they cannot afford to go head-to-head with China.

It's amazing how the nature of warfare and geopolitics has changed so much since the Cold War.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The U.S. could never beat China in a land war, the U.S. would
have to use airpower and lots of it. Let's face it, if it came to war
between our two countries it would certainly go nuclear very
quickly.

China can reach the U.S with its missiles and would not hesitate
to do so. Does the U.S. have a Missile defense system? (unknown).
I think the U.S. would let loose with Bio and Chemical weapons before
using nukes to clear out a few Hundred Million Chinese. The Chinese
would retaliate with nukes. No one can win this type of war without
destroying the planet and ourselves.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Tawian said that by 2008 it will declare their independance?If it's true,the war began.no war is good,but nothing is bader than splittism

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
enemy of country(state)?enemy of demos?which is horrific?
what the U.S suffered just what the state deserved. what we can do is that try our best to keep our state from doing sth which will bring tragedy to common people.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
There have been many Chinese officials talking about an "inevitable war with the US, and making sure the China wins the war...", now, if it was only a bluff then there would be nothing to worry about. But, China has been getting US bases and have been trying to get more. They have control of the Panama canal, and the Chinese government plus the Russian government have threaten to begin a new arms race to rival the cold war if the US ever tried to implement a missile defense system. Also the Sino-Russian pact does exist, the first one was signed in 1950, they have updated this pact and even jointly threatened the US for trying to make sure we have a defense system...

i'm from china,actually I haven't heard any chinese leaded had said so.
I wander where did you get such news.In fact,the chinese leader alwayes
say the US is our friend,we should improve cooperation.and asked us to calm down when the chinese ambassy was bombard by the US.
china is modernlize the army,of course,every country in the world is doing so.that doesn't suggest that china is preparing for war.actually the money spent on chinese troops is much less then the US.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by suihx]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
well it seems to me that 2000 years of war and 2 world wars is not enough,we are just searching a reason to start a 3rd world war,humans don't learn from their lessons.a war over the independance of taiwan is just stupid

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
actually
A war between china and taiwan will be just in taiwan on his shores and in taiwan i think it would less just +/- 3 months(if taiwan's technology and strategy is not way beyond china) and china will take it over.

Actually
I have read some prohpecies that say that china will invade taiwan ,The US will help taiwan and russia(possibly with china) will then strike USA invading from everywhere.
But the US will win in the end by a new invention!!! maybe it is the "new" rocket fireing UAV'S or laser guns(like bond movies) from space that destroy nukes or rockets

or the budget shattering missile defense systemwill be finally ready

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join