It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vs China?????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
As many people know. US said that it will defend Tawian. Also China siad that as soon as Tawian claims to be an independent country it will attack them.

What will make US and China fight or maybe make another World War:

Well Tawian said that by 2008 it will declare their independance. And China is really modernizing its military. For example the new Russian Su-30MKK or the Russian modified destoryer.

Well what is your opinion? What will happen?

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That would be awful....

China definetly has the means to bring war to our shores if they wanted to. Would the war stay confined to tawian or would we wind up on eachother's doorstep.

NOTE TO SELF
Get gun permit in 2007

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe
That would be awful....

China definetly has the means to bring war to our shores if they wanted to. Would the war stay confined to tawian or would we wind up on eachother's doorstep.

NOTE TO SELF
Get gun permit in 2007

I would say that most of the war would be on the on Tawian-China shore.

But never know maybe it can get here.

What I know for sure is that the whole world will feel it. Especially USA with its troops spread out to thin with the war on Iraq.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Also when USA attacks China. India might see it a good time to attack China or Pakistain too. India's worst enemy is China and Pakistain. And if Pakistain and Idia get into the fight then other countries might start taking side.

Well then you know what happens.

*hint*

WW3.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Well Tawian said that by 2008 it will declare their independance.

I'm just wondering where you heard that Taiwan would declare it's independence in 2008. If its true they said this China would probably step in beforehand and stop them.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You know the US is becoming more like Democracy's heavy hand. While I think then some type of democratic system is the way to go.. should we be jumping into every conflict where peoples liberties are threatened?

A war between China and the US as I said before could be well VERY bad.. and should be avoided.. would you go to war to protect taiwans freedom?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we shouldn't engage in war with a party that is commiting genocide or mass murders.... but China although not free are certainly not terrorists of human rights.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
1,Taiwan is one of the bargain chip on the table.Obviously,another is NK.
2,We are well aware of any movement by India,which is one of our grave concern if the war break out between US and China.And it should be possible that:

Also when USA attacks China. India might see it a good time to attack China or Pakistain too. India's worst enemy is China and Pakistain. And if Pakistain and Idia get into the fight then other countries might start taking side.

but we don't see any serious problems so far and PLA will definitely teach India a good lesson,if they dare to attack China.

I would say that most of the war would be on the on Tawian-China shore.

According to creditable sources,Chinese submarines may easily bring 'eggs' to Eastern Pacific Ocean and lunch attacts against US targets or maybe 'warheads' from space.

Another critical question is:IS Russia ready for the GAME?We know Russia will do some warming-up exercises very soon in its far east territory.

In the end,it is not in line with US,nor China's interest to see a war/even military conflicts break out between the two giants,but Russia maybe gains from it..

[edit on 20-6-2004 by omkao]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My money is on Iran or Saudi Arabia next. I'm going to go with Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, North Korea, China.
You can see that Iraq and Afghanistan are on either side of Iran, so I think they will be next.

I'm pretty sure Russia and the US are in cahoots. Russia's primary investor is the US who is also trying to get them in the WTO, recently, they have decided upon an accelerated programe of joining for Russia.

I could see China instigating a war or vice versa though. I see Taiwan has a seperate trading area from China, the bulk of Chinese Tapei seeking to establish a place as a seperate entity in the WTO.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

Originally posted by Russian

Well Tawian said that by 2008 it will declare their independance.

I'm just wondering where you heard that Taiwan would declare it's independence in 2008. If its true they said this China would probably step in beforehand and stop them.

Both China and US are deeply concerned that Taiwan's current leader Chen shui bian will push the independent movement forward step by step.And it was said Chen had prepared a timetable for Taiwan's formal independence.Major steps are followed:
1, by 2006,create a new constitution(include changing it's official name from 'Republic of China' to 'Republic of Taiwan';cut the relationship from China by reframing its territory,it will just include taiwan island and other four major islands in its new Con[Current ROC constitution claims mainland China as one of its territory].)
2,by 2008,the end of Chen's second term,declare its independence.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by omkao]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nobody in Taiwan, including Chen, has said that they will declare independance by 2008. Let's all get that straight right away. Chen wants a new constitution by then, but what that constitution says is pure speculation at this point. 2008 would be a good time, but none of us knows for sure.

Currently the US is re-evaluating it's "One-China Policy" which is outdated and not even close to reality at this point. Doubtful anything will happen with this being an election year.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let me ask you all this. Please answer as thouroughly and as thoughtfully as you can.

Say China invades Taiwan or supports North Korea in a war. The U.S. would fight China, right?

The question is, would the U.S. go as far as INVADING China? I mean, I can see the U.S. launching airstrikes or at the most destroying Chinese forces that come near Taiwan or South Korea, but I just can't see any U.S. president being as insane as to invade China. That just seems inconcievable.

Without military forces already stretched thin in Iraq and the rest of the world, and the U.S. military being the size it is, the only way I see an invasion happening is if we get every industrialized and modernized nation in the world to help us (a MASSIVE coalition). Otherwise, we destroy them as they come.

What do you all think?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The war might come as soon as 2006!!!

A top Taiwanese defense official and an expert on the Chinese military both said yesterday Beijing is ready, willing and able to attack the island soon.

The Peoples Liberation Army has the capability to blockade Taiwan using missile-strike zones, George Washington University professor David Shambaugh told the Foreign Correspondents Club in Beijing.

The world should not be surprised if the mainland makes the move against Taiwan in 2006, he added.

"The PLA is increasingly able and willing to use a whole range of means to threaten Taiwan � electronic, naval, air, missiles, special operations," said Shambaugh. "[The PLA] has been preparing since the 1996 missile crisis to implement a spectrum of capabilities.

He added: "[Taiwanese President] Chen Shui-bian set the timeline � in 2006 he will amend the constitution, and there is no belief whatsoever in Beijing that it will just be a partial amendment. His inauguration speech was a red rag to a bull, and the PLA is preparing diplomatically and militarily."

Taiwan's President Chen Shui-bian of the pro-independence Democratic Progressive Party has pledged to amend the constitution before retiring in 2008 to reflect his group's separatist stance.

Rest of the article

So Tawian wants to put up its own consititution by 2006 and China is really militarizing.

Out,
Russian

[edit on 19-6-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Missile are being build on the southern China shore facing Tawian.

Recently, China has begun to deploy weapons such as hundreds of mobile-launched, medium-range ballistic missiles in military districts facing Taiwan. Also, U.S. officials believe China is working on strategies to target and defeat U.S. carrier battle groups that would likely be sent by Washington to defend Taiwan, should Beijing launch an attack.

A recent Pentagon report also said the Chinese were making qualitative leaps in military technology, aircraft and warships, and that under current conditions, Taiwan could lose its qualitative edge by 2005 if the island democracy did not spend more on its defense.

Earlier this week, Chen declared that Taiwan is "an independent, sovereign country" distinct from the communist Chinese mainland, drawing praise from his countrymen but ire from the United States, which officially has a "one-China policy," recognizing only mainland China.

"Our country cannot be bullied, dwarfed or marginalized, and we are not a part or a province of another country," Chen said via video-link to a gathering of pro-independence Taiwanese campaigners in Japan. "We cannot become the second Hong Kong or Macau because we are an independent sovereign country."

"The U.S. has a one-China policy and we do not support Taiwan independence," National Security Council spokesman Sean McCormack told CNSNews.com this week.

Tawian wants to but is scared of declaring independance.

China, Russia and North Korea have begun reaffirming once-close ties after a series of Western foreign policy decisions convinced them it is in their interests to renew cooperative military and economic relationships.

Also this might be old news but Russia, China and NK are trying to work closer together in military spectrum.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Do you think when the war is done we will want more 1 hour later?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Do you think when the war is done we will want more 1 hour later?

Dont get it.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
China is improving its naval warfare capability not only to use in any future invasion of Taiwan, but also as a bulwark against American aircraft carrier battle groups that would be sent to defend the island democracy.

"Missiles, aircraft and submarines all are means that can be used to attack an aircraft carrier," said Maj. Gen. Huang Bin, a professor at the PLA National Defense University, who was quoted by Hong Kong's Ta Kung Pao daily newspaper May 13. "We have the ability to deal with an aircraft carrier that dares to get into our range of fire."

Huang said once China committed to attacking Taiwan, Beijing will already have planned for U.S. intervention. And he said China's naval forces would have to strike at U.S. naval forces to keep them at bay.

The weekly military intelligence brief Geostrategy Direct reported Wednesday that China recently conducted a new anti-ship missile test in the South China Sea. Photos of the missile test and its launcher were disclosed July 4 in the official Communist Party newspaper, People's Daily, Geostrategy reported.

"The missile was identified by U.S. intelligence officials as a version of C-801 or C-802 anti-ship cruise missile," said the report, noting that the "test launch was conducted from a Luhu-class guided missile destroyer." Chinese military officials said the missile was of a "new type" with "over-the-horizon" capabilities.

"China's anti-carrier forces include new Russian-made Su-30 fighter bombers, Russian Kilo-class submarines and new anti-ship cruise missiles, like the C-801," said Geostrategy. Also, Beijing's generals have written that land-based ballistic missiles also could be used to target aircraft carrier groups.

China is really on the works of upgrading their naval power and having the naval power of sinking a US aircraft carrier.

With the newly modernized naval power China has a chance against the US fleet in the area. And if they can take care of the aircraft carrier that is close to them then for US it will be harder to go on because people in US will start to really disaprove "the war on China because of Tawian."

Also Persident Bush has said"� the United States is committed to doing whatever it takes to help Taiwan defend itself." That might NOT include an invasion on China's territory.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So, unless the U.S. gets the biggest coalition ever assembled, can it and will it invade China?

Even if the rest of the world is peaceful, the U.S. alone doesn't seem to be able to invade a country like China.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
So, unless the U.S. gets the biggest coalition ever assembled, can it and will it invade China?

Even if the rest of the world is peaceful, the U.S. alone doesn't seem to be able to invade a country like China.

What I think will happen is that US will send 2 aircraft carriers there and maybe some other support stuff.

If US will start having big loses(aircraft carrier) then it will just pull out and let China take over Tawian. US doesnt want to fight China it just wants to defend Tawian. US wants to scare China away from Tawian and stop the war from happening. But Tawain is felling to secure with US around so they are starting to show off a little.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Jesh I hope we do not war on China.. It would be pretty short actually. Maybe 2 months proabbly more like 2 weeks before the lights were out over there and they have to use paper cups tied to strings to communicate over long distance.

However I really do not want to see this happen because we are so messed up that we would feel the need to further drain our country, and try to feed all 2 billion of them. /sigh no war with china please. Lets all move to the Moon and Mars instead with all that money heh.

x

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Russian,

So what's the answer? Would the U.S. invade China on it's own if it ever came to war? Or would the U.S. take a complete defensive posture and destroying anything threatening Taiwan?

Invasion or defense? Which one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join