It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Starchild Skull DNA Result..

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjoepen
I've been following this since it all began and have been in contact with Lloyd for literally years now..

4.Second results came back with the mothers DNA showing human and the fathers not being found. Considering the age of the skull and degradation of the sample the skull was put forward for a more accurate and powerful DNA testing processes.

Point of fact: it was the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) that showed as 100% human - this doesn't mean necessarily that the biological (genetic) mother was indeed human.

Here's why: Take a donor egg from woman A and remove its nucleus, replace its nucleus with the nucleus from a fertilized egg from woman B + man C, then implant the egg back in woman A; the mtDNA will show up as being from Woman A, but the Nuclear DNA will only show up as being from woman B and man C; the baby's traits such as hair and eye color will only be inherited from its biological parents, woman B and man C.

It is the Nuclear DNA (found in the nucleus of a fertilized egg) that determines a being's form - hair color, eye color et cetera.

mtDNA is not found in the nucleus of an egg, but instead is found in mitochondria; it does not contribute to the form of an organism, but enables the developing cells to process food energy into a form the cells can use.

The short sequence of Nuclear DNA that Pye has results for, apparently are completely non-human in origin, or at least nothing the NIH databases could identify as human.

The real answers will come with a complete genome sequencing of the "Starchild's" Nuclear DNA

Edit spelling

[edit on 13-8-2010 by mydarkpassenger]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Yes, there is some guess-work going on....

even to the point where people are guessing that it is a skull from an alien/human hybrid.

Could be the fetus of a Bigfoot also, prove me wrong, because no one has one of those to compare it to either.

Here is the thing, if we are going to guess what it is, would we better served by guessing that it is something that no one has ever seen before and has ZERO proof of existence, or guessing that it is something that it looks like, something that has been proven to exist?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I've been following this since it all began and have been in contact with Lloyd for literally years now..

4.Second results came back with the mothers DNA showing human and the fathers not being found. Considering the age of the skull and degradation of the sample the skull was put forward for a more accurate and powerful DNA testing processes.

Point of fact: it was the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) that showed as 100% human - this doesn't mean necessarily that the biological (genetic) mother was indeed human.

Here's why: Take a donor egg from woman A and remove its nucleus, replace its nucleus with the nucleus from a fertilized egg from woman B + man C, then implant the egg back in woman A; the mtDNA will show up as being from Woman A, but the Nuclear DNA will only show up as being from woman B and man C; the baby's traits such as hair and eye color will only be inherited from its biological parents, woman B and man C.

It is the Nuclear DNA (found in the nucleus of a fertilized egg) that determines a being's form - hair color, eye color et cetera.

mtDNA is not found in the nucleus of an egg, but instead is found in mitochondria; it does not contribute to the form of an organism, but enables the developing cells to process food energy into a form the cells can use.

The short sequence of Nuclear DNA that Pye has results for, apparently are completely non-human in origin, or at least nothing the NIH databases could identify as human.

The real answers will come with a complete genome sequencing of the "Starchild's" Nuclear DNA

Edit spelling

Once we get a complete sequencing of the entire genome of the "Starchild" that should give us enough info to confirm or deny the presence of known diseases, and mutations.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Banes
[Thank you for putting into word what I have been thinking for so long.]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The bottom line, as I see it, is claiming this skull to be an "alien human hybrid" is both dishonest and unscientific.

Until there are substantial peer-reviewed results, making this kind of claim throws all Mr. Pye's credibility right out the window.

Like it or not, for something like this to hold any kind of weight scientifically, it must be thoroughly scrutinized like anything else.

Making such grandiose claims off "preliminary" results screams of someone trying to make financial gain his primary motive.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

This thread is too large for the off topic banter that is taking place.

From this post forward, your off topic posts will be removed and you will be post banned.

DO not discuss staff action in the thread, if you have a question, contact a staff member via U2U. Those posts will be deemed off topic as well.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
The bottom line, as I see it, is claiming this skull to be an "alien human hybrid" is both dishonest and unscientific.

In the video, the presenter actually says that the child is 100% alien, borne by a human mother. At least that's what I remember from the viewing.

And then he proceeds to ask "why would they transplant an alien fetus"...

I mean somebody give me some slow poison. Believe what you may want to believe, but imho this is such cr@p.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Sorry yes I missed the detail out of the mtDNA part.

Do we know how long the full sequencing would take for this?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Let me know the outcome wouldn't want to miss this. A real live hybrid, shezzz!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

DCDC's "sources" are among the most reliable in science:

YouTube, and Lloyd Pie.

What a crock!

I believe that intelligence permeates the Universe. It just doesn't always show up here very much anymore.

When can we get "junk science," "fraud" or "hoax" or "fool" filters for this kind of "scientific analysis?"

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Why don't everybody just relax and wait for the full genome sequencing, no need to make these drama queen declarations for or against, time will tell...

Personally I don't understand why it hurts some people so much that there could be a possibility that this skull has characteristics that we do not fully understand (the implications of), that they have to come online to ridicule it (instead of giving precise, constructive criticism),

but I'm still working on the technology to recuperate the kinetic energy that comes from your frenetic keyboard tapping, once in fully operational order I believe it will heat and power the entire city of Montreal during the harsh winter months!

Your efforts have not been in vain...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by skeptic_al

DCDC's "sources" are among the most reliable in science:

YouTube, and Lloyd Pie.

What a crock!

I believe that intelligence permeates the Universe. It just doesn't always show up here very much anymore.

When can we get "junk science," "fraud" or "hoax" or "fool" filters for this kind of "scientific analysis?"

deny ignorance

jw

Now thats what i would call a personal attack!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra
Nice video Dave,thanks.No one can argue with DNA,it trumps nature.Looking forward to the final results.Very interesting.

Yes you can argue with DNA. When it has broken down due to age - it as this stage breaks down into DNA that is not recognised - Alien yes I guess you are correct as we do not recognise it. But that is about it? Might be human, might be unknown might be alien.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You have heard of the saying as above so below? well take the planet earth is it not in space? so everything on the earth from the smallest piece of sand to the biggest mountain an all in between comes from space that's all around us is this not so? well then whats the argument against this skull? because you could say there is no such thing as alien! everything comes from the universe an i mean everything!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Sorry yes I missed the detail out of the mtDNA part.

Do we know how long the full sequencing would take for this?

Not being a geneticist, as I understand it, a full sequencing could be done between four to six months once the funds are raised to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

because you could say there is no such thing as alien! everything comes from the universe an i mean everything!

I agree entirely...everything originates from the universe and particularly the stars. You've ruled the 'Starchild' out as being alien...Pye just can't get a break in this thread

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It is not a human/alien hybrid.

The number of unknown base-pairs in the Nuclear DNA are astounding, just from the short sequence that Pye's lab - look it up, it's been bought by a major biotech company - found is amazing.

Literally, comparative analysis against NIH gene databases could not match those base-pairs with anything that could be called human.

Now that the technology has evolved, lets just wait for a full genome sequencing to tell the whole tale.

I strongly doubt that anything human with that many mutations could ever have been born, not to mention survive to early adulthood.

Most mutations kill the embryo; a scant few have little effect - one in a million are actually a positive influence on survivability.

That skull exhibits too many differences to call it human.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think it was a human woman implanted with an alien nucleus in her egg. The mtDNA would be human, but the child's Nuclear DNA would be 100% alien.

No idea as to motive - perhaps an experiment, perhaps a desperate alien couple wanting a child, which is why we do such things today for human couples, where the mothers mtDNA is damaged.

If that is the case, then we know one fundamental truth: love and emotion are not just a human thing - which I think is good for us all, and gives us hope that the aliens watching us have feelings too.

The full sequencing should tell us the truth.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join