It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Starchild Skull DNA Result..

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I dont care what anybody says, I have been following the starchild story since I was 11 years old .... This is deffinetly exciting information!! Im so glad they didnt just put it in a museaum and forgotten about. Im glad they are atleast testing this fossil!! I cant wait to see how it falls into place

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm afraid I find myself unmoved by this.

I find no proof of anything in the film; what I find is a man talking to a small group of - well, who exactly? - and showing some slides. Simply saying "a scientist did these tests and here are the results" and showing some text and slides proves nothing at all.

I'm as open -minded as the next person but if you want to claim proof, make sure the is proof. This only proves that he can take some pretty pictures and put a powerpoint together. I could put together a very professional looking slideshow proving that children in China are born with jet engines on their arms and film myself presenting it to a room full of what look like welfare claimants, but it would not make it accurate, true, a fact or proven.

I'm afraid I tend to put more weight on the DNA analysis already carried out - which suggests that this is a 900 year old human skull of a male, probably Native American clearly suffering from a genetic disorder such as Progeria - , as those tests were carried out by setups that had no problem saying who they were and publishing their research in the correct manner.
I'm afraid I have a natural resistance to these mysterious qualified scientists who want to remain anonymous despite being able to prove the most amazing thing ever. Strange how many there are who just happen to be available for every kooky claim.

In the same spirit as the bet made above, I tire of the starchild shenanigans. If this is so awesome, he should publish and be damned, else shut up and go away. If I had something like this I would do everything I could rather than scuttle around drip-feeding little bits here and there. It bores me and I cry foul.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by dogsounds]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've been following this since it all began and have been in contact with Lloyd for literally years now.

The REAL story goes as follows.

1.Skull is found
2.DNA tested using rather crude methods
3.Original results were contaminated
4.Second results came back with the mothers DNA showing human and the fathers not being found. Considering the age of the skull and degradation of the sample the skull was put forward for a more accurate and powerful DNA testing processes.
5.Bio chemistry tests were done before new DNA tests were done showing entirely non human results (see video for details)
6.Physical differences were found not to be confined to the skulls shape. Unknown fibers were found permeating the structure of the bone and an unknown red residue was found where marrow would have been before. Both of these features are not present on human bone.
7.These new results have arrived...

Most people bashing this are postulating that it’s a particular disease. This kind of speculation when it comes to getting a definitive answer is actually pointless. I'm skeptical, as I feel its right to be when dealing with claims like these but honestly why people dismiss any interest in the actual answer by replacing it with their best guess is pretty ridiculous.

It’s one thing to be skeptical but to be dismissive, to be blunt, is ignorant. The man is putting in the time, money an effort to do what no one else will and I for one think he's a hero. (I haven’t been asked for money or to purchase anything from Lloyd during the time I've been in contact with him.)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benjoepen

I would say I am not dismissive of the concept, but I am dismissive of any alleged information that is supposedly the result of testing from anonymous or unknown sources and cannot be verified.

There is nothing in this presentation that could not be made up and simply written by Pye himself (and I am not saying it is. I am saying that unless he can say "Here are the results from genetics expert X at Laboratory Y who states that..." then the claims are unfounded and worthless, and do not merit inclusion in the discussion).

Which leaves us with results from two labs who have found wholly human DNA.

(edited for grievous spelling shenanigans)

[edit on 12-8-2010 by dogsounds]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well said benjoepen.

What's the timeline for your prologue?

In the case Homo Floresiensis, it took evolutionary science approximately 6 years to break down the resistance from institutional science, who discarded the idea of a new species of man up until a cladistic analysis made in 2009, (but of course a small group of die hards still resist and declare Homo Floresiensis as nothing but pathological illness).

The difference in the two cases is that with Homo Floresiensis, we have nine skeletons of different individuals, and therefore more options in our scientific approach, rather than the 2/3 of a skull in the case of the Starchild.

Another problem is that the Starchild's front man is Lloyd Pye, classified as a New Age nut by the scientific community.

It doesn't really matter if PeeWee Herman says JFK was assassinated by a conspiracy, what is needed is a very distinguished operative within the ruling elite, an ex-President (or why not a President in office) or similar to say it, in order for it to tip the scale.

In early 2010, a bomb was dropped on the scientific community of evolutionary genetics. A group of Russian scientists had extracted hominid fossils from a Siberan cave, carbon dating showed the fossils to be between 38 000 to 40 000 years old. A finger bone was sent off to Germany, to be tested for DNA by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig. When the Max Planck geneticists Svante Pääbo, Johannes Krause and their colleagues sequenced the DNA extracted from the fossil's mitochondria, they were astonished to find that its DNA did not resemble either that of the modern human or the Neanderthals. Pääbo therefore drew the conclusion that a whole new species of humans had walked the earth approximately 40 000 years ago, thus co-existing with Homo Sapiens Sapiens and Homo Neanderthalensis.

The reaction within the scientific community and press was more or less "Wow, we have a whole new species!", without the academic pie-throwing and confusion that generally follows radical new theories that threatens old ones.

The reason they could pull it off was Svante Pääbo. Pääbo is without question one of the top experts on Homo Neanderthalensis today. He's the director of the Department of Genetics at the Max Planck Institute, which is one of the most renowned institutes in its domain. His father received the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine (pedigree is important in the scientific world), Pääbo is dynamic and behind several major breakthroughs in our understanding of the Neanderthals, so whenever he expresses himself, the popular science press generally picks it up. That gives him an advantage over other scientists who generally only publishes in peer to peer reviews.

Had an unknown Russian scientist announced the discovery, and had Pääbo declared himself sceptic to the initial results, then perhaps we would have to add another 10 years before reaching the conclusions Pääbo forced through straight away.

Some time ago, adventurer and TV-show host Joshua Gates took off to Bhutan to chase down the Yeti. He came back home without the Yeti, but brought a tuft of hair he found while tracking the elusive creature. Gates sent the hairs to a forensics lab in Texas to be examined by Dr. Melba Ketchum. She ran DNA tests and checked the findings against a DNA database. The hairs seems to score high on the Human panels, but was not human. Dr. Ketchum concluded that the hairs recovered from Bhutan were from a primate, but an unknown primate.
The story then died and is basically just kept alive in various bigfoot forums.

Too bad Svante Pääbo wasn't in on it, wouldn't you say? At least we would know the truth a lot quicker,

I admire the persistence and integrity of Lloyd Pye, but he needs to cut out on the secrecy and share the skull with someone who has enough weight to make a difference.
It's also imperative that archaeologists and anthropologists check the area where the Starchild skeleton was found, in order to find corroborative indications or evidence. Imagine if a second skeleton with similar characteristics were found, or some type of recorded testimony to the supposed Starchild's origins?

And by the way, the tooth from the skull that was studied showed that the individual was an adult, so isn't it time we stop calling it the Starchild?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

LOL...I thought my English was good, but apparently isn't...
What I'm saying is if that Loyd guy believes it's alien skull and is willing to invest money, time and aggravation, who are you or me or anyone to say that it isn't! If he wants to believe that, it's his right! If anybody wants to share his beliefs, so be it! I thought that humans were free to choose what they want to believe in! You say: You're missing the point in your quick rundown of deflections, straw men and simplifications. Deflections...Flat Earth, God, Devil, Jesus, Resurrection, Heaven and Hell, JFK, 9/11, Obama's birthplace?...
And WHAT exactly is the POINT? Convincing everybody that aliens do not exist? WHY the need to convince people? Let them believe what they want!
Next you say: Lloyd Pye has formed his conclusions in the absence of evidence....Even if true, SO WHAT? Look at my "deflections" again! How come so many debunkers are working their arses off to prove aliens don't exist, and no one is trying to prove that God doesn't exist!
...Or does proving and disproving things goes only towards what's convenient for someone?
And finally...I'll believe what I want! It's my right, just as it's your right not to believe, but debunkers are those people that INSULT other people who believe in "crazy" things, not the other way around!
If I was to believe that skull was alien, I would discuss it with another person that also believes in that, and not with debunker!
Debunkers should just bug out and talk among themselves how the skull is a hoax, but STOP attacking believers and trying to make them look stupid, naive or crazy!
And talking about sock-puppet accounts...Only people that use those are the ones that have to gain something out of that...like debunkers earning their keep... LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wolfenz.....

How good's that water bear!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Banes

The point of demonstrating, by evidence and reason, that Pye's 'Starchild' isn't an alien skull is founded in honesty. It's the same principle that supports consumer protection legislation. It's why I can't sell sugar pills as an anti-cancer drug through advertising. The same thing that stops people from false advertising.

Maybe Pye is honest in his beliefs and maybe he isn't? The point is that people shouldn't be allowed to hide behind their beliefs if it's to defend making money from false advertising. There are laws against snake oil salesmen

snake oil
A product that has been proven to not live up to the vendor's marketing hype.
Snake oil definition

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Banes

Banes.....

I endeavored to review your first five posts on ATS, as found in this thread.

Unfortunately, I found your bloviation somewhat circumlocutous.

Therefore I seek clarification of the myriad points you apparently attempt to expound.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Way to go!
You wouldn't want to learn anything that challenges your dogma!
Can't have that!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Water Bear Tardigrade

on Pacals Tomb Lid Aztec...

those Creature's dangling off the Bird (Quetzalcoatl ? ) on top of the lid
This Reminds me of the Tardigrade the Water Bear it does sure looks like one in a way not saying it is could be ..

Pacals Tomb Pic Outline

Water Bear in Space well an artist view ooh Look the Starchild!!!!!! is there
as well Stanly Kubrick's Star child from the 2001 Space Odyssey

The source and a Good read to
Water bears' survive in outer space

Look ma, no space suit

By Austin Modine
www.theregister.co.uk...

Water bear Images
www.google.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
I dont care what anybody says, I have been following the starchild story since I was 11 years old ...

...then it's a safe bet to assume that you are familiar with this Wikipedia link

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD, a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes".Further DNA testing at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, in 2003 recovered mitochondrial DNA from both skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C, while the adult female belongs to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother. Trace Genetics was not able to recover useful lengths of nuclear DNA or Y-chromosomal DNA for further testing.

OK, so the "star" child was a Native American. His skull was found in Mexico.
What's so freaking exciting about it?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This topic is just another topic that proves people here are biased.
Facts are ignored.
Guess-work is applauded.

People in this particular topic are swearing this is a disease and that its not alien.
They have no facts though.

People in this particular topic are swearing this is an Alien.
They have no proof though.

The facts we have are not verified.

Why is it people will argue until their blue in the face about something that cannot be proven or dis-proven either way?

Personally im getting tired of the conjecture, im tired of people saying things are debunked and they are NOT and im tired of the pointless debating over opinion/guestimation.

Its ridiculous and so are many here and it maybe time to move on somewhere where intelligence means something.

The motto at ATS should be "Deny Intelligence" and "Deny Logic" because most here do just that.

Before you go on a rant against me. I dont believe this one way or another.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
reply to post by OldDragger

your going on ignore two!

I would much rather hear someone telling me that I am wrong when I am. If you don't hear them, how would you know.

I put someone on ignore once. Big mistake. I was wrong and couldn't hear him say it.

I subsequently figured it out, took them off ignore and 'friended' that person. It was a good move.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
How do they know what alien dna looks like? Finding something that you don't recognize isn't proof that that thing is from another planet. . .

Right on the money!

I bought a box of ceramic tile in Spain, it looks really nice. It has speckled surface, and oftentimes I see patterns that look like symbols and combination of symbols. Now, if I followed the same moronic logic as that dude in the video, I would assume that the workers at the tile factory in Spain are actually aliens who are using tiles as tablets to publish their alien books.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join