It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancers from Ohio strip club protest at church (video included)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If you choose that sort of job, then you can't complain about all the "crap" you go through. You chose it.

I didn't really choose it, it was the only job available when I got laid off. You want to come where I live and try and find a job? Good luck! I had a great management job and I had danced previously so after a couple months of searching I went back to the job because I had bills to pay and tuition due. I didn't want to go back but I couldn't find a "normal" job. I could have got on public assistance and drained the system but I didn't, I went back to something I knew I would make money at until I found something else...that was 3 years ago and I am just now possibly finding job offers but in another country so I am choosing to move to Canada.

And people go through crap no matter what job they have. A stripper is not an honorable thing to be. It's something that requires no education, skill, or learned craft.

Did I say that people don't go through crap at every other job? No you are putting words in my mouth...again. Not honorable? Well that is matter of opinion I guess...It's a job and it pays the bills. Who am I hurting? Nobody. Nobody is forced to go in there, they CHOOSE to go in there. You are right it requires no education but skill yes, you have to be able to sell yourself to someone, sounds bad but that is how the job works. People love to think we have it so easy, let me tell you it's not as easy as you think. People dont throw money at us so yes you have to have a certain skill that is a learned craft to do this job. It's not as simple as you seem to think it is. Why don't you go to work for 8 hrs and come home with 20 bucks? It can get discouraging but every day is a new day, just like any other job. Every job out there requires a certain set of skills set to that jobs particular needs, dancing is no different.

Only willingness to become an sex object for men who can't get laid.

And so? Also you know these men can't get laid for a fact? You think that is the only reason they come there? Contrary to what society thinks not every guy in there is trying to take you home..Again, you know nothing of the industry.

Some women suddenly forget about dignity, self-respect, and their children's well-being when money is involved. Women are now seen as nothing other than sex objects. One of the most common images of a woman you will see in the media is that of a whore. Because of women willing to degrade themselves to the fullest for a buck, all women have to suffer for it.

If I said what is going through my mind in responds to this I would get banned and you will win. You are obviously a very closed minded individual who knows NOTHING of this business or the women who work there.

You think that dancers are the reason the image of women is the way it is? Am I understanding you correctly? That is laughable, sorry but shows like "Jersey Shore," "The Hills," "Real Housewives" and crap like that is why the image of women is the way it is. You don't see strippers all over the media do you? No you see people like Snooki, gag.

All women are suffering? Um yeah says who? You?
Yeah sorry I am not suffering I am pretty sure every female I know isn't suffering. Care to tell me how every woman is suffering?

These "whores" as you put it work their asses off to support their families and go to school, yes contrary to the jokes about dancers and school the majority are IN college when they tell you they are. It isn't a line like people think. Many of these women are some of the best parents I have ever seen. Just because they are dancers it doesn't mean they are bad parents and their kids are gonna grow up screwed up. Seriously you need to think before you speak..Do you work 5 days a week 14 hours a day? I doubt it. I have many times and I know many who do all the time. I have no schedule and I take full advantage of it when I can. I am trying to make my life better and even if I don't like my job and would rather have what society deems "normal" it doesn't mean I have no dignity, morals or self-respect, again you know nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by HarmonicNights

What you said is absolutely ridiculous...and no I'm not a stripper. But what you are saying is that you can spin yourself around a pole like a champion? That's what I thought, so there you go...it takes skill to be good at what they do. And they do not deserve all the crap they get...especially from people like you who obviously thinks that they are somehow more honorable.

Thank you.

If I could applaud you I would. I am constantly defending my job to people and it's nice to see others who don't do it defend us as well.

As for pole spinning...it is an athletic skill and if I could post a video on here of my competitions I would but I can't.. This member has no idea and it's obvious.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by stephanies-chase

Most strip clubs don't require skills like that of a gymnast. Studies show that at least 90% of strippers were molested as children. They don't have a healthy attitude towards sex. No self-respecting woman would be a stripper.

Care to show proof that 90% of strippers were molested? Um yeah NOT so true. I have been in this business for quite some time and I can tell you this is not the case...again you know nothing.

Yes clubs don't require gymnast skills but it does take those skills to do some of the things I have seen and can do myself. Have you even danced for 4mins and made 2500 as a prize because you can do things others PAY to learn how to do all over the world in gyms? No, I don't think so.. I considered those who do the pole competitions such as myself as entertainers and I have people who request me for my skills on a pole. May sound like nothing to you but I am good at it and pretty proud of that and it's a great work out. I am not ashamed of what I do and I am use to defending myself to people like yourself. Sadly if you met me and didn't know I was a dancer you would never believe me when I told you what I did. Most people think I am a teacher out side of work. lol

Hahaha strippers don't have a healthy attitude towards sex? Um yeah again that is definitely wrong, I have great attitude towards sex and so do the majority of the girls I work with. I have a wonderful relationship with my bf and he lives 5000 miles away. So yeah my attitude is just fine. Not all strippers have "daddy abandonment" issues like most people love to think and not all have been abused. There is some truth to this with dancers but it's not as common as you think. Yes some do fall perfectly well into the stereo type but that can be said again for any other job.

What would be the difference if I worked in an office and half the people there had issues with sex, would that be better for you?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by earl call
Pole dancing seeks Olympic inclusion
www.independent.co.uk...

Nadia Comaneche goes pole dancing?

I have read about this but I doubt it will ever happen. There are competitions all over the world that give out insane prize money and scholarships. I always wanted to travel the country and enter but back problems keep me from doing a lot of it anymore. Some of it is absolutely insane and people don't realize the strength and balance it takes to hold some of those positions. It is the best work out I have ever had in my life. I am almost 32 and people think I am 23-24, it's great!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Sorry I wasn't trying to come off that way

I will agree I have met a few girls like you mentioned in my time and I won't deny it either and I haven't I know a few right now who could use some serious help, I have tried but they don't want help. It's sad but it happens and it is part of the business. I have seen it all good and bad but the good out weighs the bad in my experience. I can't speak for all over but from being around girls from all over it sounds about the same.

Thanks for your nice positive reply, again I didn't mean to come off that way.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If you choose that sort of job, then you can't complain about all the "crap" you go through. You chose it. And people go through crap no matter what job they have. A stripper is not an honorable thing to be. It's something that requires no education, skill, or learned craft. Only willingness to become an sex object for men who can't get laid. Some women suddenly forget about dignity, self-respect, and their children's well-being when money is involved. Women are now seen as nothing other than sex objects. One of the most common images of a woman you will see in the media is that of a whore. Because of women willing to degrade themselves to the fullest for a buck, all women have to suffer for it.

You are a disgusting example of a human being

People dont always choose their jobs. On many occasions they have no choice, which should be apparent to the simplest person, given the state of the American economy

Whats the bet that your some kind of religious fundamentalist type that doesnt actually understand the real world because you are completey blinded by your own ignorance, faith and lack of compassionate thinking?

Pretty good I would say

If there is one thing that ATS doesnt need, its the kind of comment you just posted, and it would be no great loss if you didnt come back

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Never been one for strip clubs myself. Never understood why guys like to go in with a hard on then leave with a hard on only broke on top of it!! Just a place for guys who cant get women. Hell at least spend your money on a hooker get something out of it.

Well good for you if you haven't been that is your choice, but do you really have any right to make an assumption if you have really never been to one? How do you know? You haven't been in one. Guys come in to have fun and get away, it's a fantasy nothing more..I will say that yes on occasion girls have taken it further but how is that any different from a man cheating with a co-worker or the girl he meets at the gas station? It's not, it's still wrong no matter where it is done and it happens in all jobs.

You know guys leave broke everytime? Show me your proof.
How do you know they didn't get something out of it? I actually helped a guy save his MARRIAGE thank you. His wife came in to thank me.
So he got something out of it...and all I did was talk to him when he came in and nothing more..no dances. Many of these guys honestly just want someone to talk to or vent to because they feel they can't with their spouses. I swear I feel like a psychologist sometimes but I am sure these guys do as well at times.

Also if being a stripper is so good why are you going to school for a degree?

Because I want my own business. We have dreams too you know and goals. When I worked in management I still went to school and that was a great job but not what I want to do with my life. I have met some amazing people at my job who have helped get to where I am today and I wouldn't trade those people for anything.

BTW i think its funny those strippers are protesting.

Why is it funny to protest something they have a right to stand up for. So they aren't the greatest looking and the club is a dive..they are still people making living and how they choose to make that living is their decision, I wont judge them.

I also think they are at church because they believe in miracles. Cause it would take a miracle for anything as hideous as those two making a living stripping.
[edit on 10-8-2010 by ker2010]

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thank You Oz

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Guys can go to a bar and do the same thing with a bartender (talk about his problems) especially if your a regular. They will talk to you and act all sweet its how they get paid. Have a smile, act like you care, discuss their problems, butter up patrons for their tips. I use to be a bouncer at bars i know.

Nothing wrong with you being a stripper. I just personally think its a waste of money for guys and only been to 3 strip bars my whole life.

Like i said if thats what you choose to do nothing wrong with it. But dont try to glorify it like its something to be looked up to.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Like i said if thats what you choose to do nothing wrong with it. But dont try to glorify it like its something to be looked up to.

She's not trying to glorify it, she's simply sticking up for her right and reason that she is doing it. As far as Ive seen, nobody has the right to be labelled as a "whore" for doing a job that has nothing to do with prostitution.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

She's not trying to glorify it, she's simply sticking up for her right and reason that she is doing it. As far as Ive seen, nobody has the right to be labelled as a "whore" for doing a job that has nothing to do with prostitution.

Well good we agree. But this thread really isnt about rather strippers are whores or not. Did someone in this thread call them whores? If so they shouldnt have. I think it was good to give the church a taste of their own medicine. I also think strip bars are a waste of money but millions of guys dont. And if you are being paid to strip you should take pride and hit up a gym!!! Just my opinion

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Guys can go to a bar and do the same thing with a bartender (talk about his problems) especially if your a regular. They will talk to you and act all sweet its how they get paid. Have a smile, act like you care, discuss their problems, butter up patrons for their tips. I use to be a bouncer at bars i know.

Nothing wrong with you being a stripper. I just personally think its a waste of money for guys and only been to 3 strip bars my whole life.

Yes guys do the same thing with bartenders

Honestly I think some guys do waste too much money in these places. The club I work has has about 5 guys are there about 4 days a week from 3pm or so til about 6pm every week. I think they are nuts and I can't imagine how much they spend in there a week lol Most work for the Space Center so they can afford it. I have a couple friends who I have told to stop going there because of the money they were wasting.

Where did I glorify it and ask people to look up to me? I never said that anywhere.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

We ll a lot of people waste to much money in bars as well. Its pretty sad to see people spend their whole weeks check on booze. Borderline alcoholics.

Sorry i kinda got the impression you were glorifying it. My mistake.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Yes I agree some should take more pride in their looks but some clubs will hire anything it's scary. I have worked at clubs with really strict rules on how you looked. I worked down south where I was told I had too many tattoos and at the time I had two, The Eiffel Tower and a small playboy bunny on my ankle but that was their choice. I have worked where you have to have your nails and toes done along with hair and make up and they supplied the people to do it. That was weird to me since I had never seen that before.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

It's cool

Yeah I think spending 500 a week on drinks is nuts! Although it's not 500 on one person, more like a few friends and girls but either way that is some people's weekly salary. I can't comprehend spending it on drinks.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join