It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to Build Massive Islamic Centers Raise Concerns in Tennessee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
lol at the many many MANY HUUUGGGEEEE Christian worship centers throughout the country. I'd actually be happy to finally see some Mosques around, it only makes sense to share the land of freedom of religion with the other religions.

Sorry, not even getting near Sharia Law, we have a hard enough time curtailinig other religions, but in this case, this is absolutely not taking over north america. Separation of religion and state, and equality of all people, women included, and no visible signs of their oppression, burkas included , will be the norm expected of all who come here on this continent.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What would make the people who are so worried about Muslims in their country (apparently all of them, citizens or not?) and Sharia law and terrorism happy?

What do you want done about this?

Would you like them all to just leave?

Would you like for everyone to keep protesting and blocking their building mosques and community centers so that they don't feel welcome and will go?

Would you like immigration laws changed to keep them out?

Would you like them rounded up in ghettos?

That they would just assimilate without growing pains?

Do you not trust in your governments (that may be it in some cases, I suspect) or your laws?

What?

What's the end game here?

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As a Tennessean and as someone who
feels religion is a joke, I could really care
less who builds whatever/where ever.

As long as I do not have to hear their
"call to prayers". (I don't want to hear
church bells either so there is no need to
go there!)

I do have to admit that I would be unable
to remain silent if I saw a woman in my
neighborhood completely covered.

Now what I would love to see would be
that one guy with his MySpace page and
his beliefs up here around Ft. Campbell
trying to be as vocal with all the retirees and
veterans.

Even though I could care less about where
they congregate, I would like to know where
they got that money. Tennessee is not
wealthy as far as it's population and I
have never seen ANY kind of fundraising.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

I think what your trying to say is
that you COULDNT care less, if you
could care less it means you care.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
this is terrible news, because that's how they started to call for independence in Kosovo, Albania, Somalia, Bangladesh,Egypt,Russia, rest of countries with large groups of Muslims the rapidly growing Muslim population in the united states will one day ask for freedom because Islamic faith and western values are not compatible,

i hope i don't get to see a day when those Muslims get control of the nuclear bombs one day ! can you imagine what they will do

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

How do you explain the millions upon millions of Muslims living peacefully in the U.S. for many, many generations now? Perhaps there is some difference here we're not seeing between the U.S. and these countries?

Haven't there been Muslims in Russia and probably most of those other countries for generations now as well?

No one seems to be attempting to answer my questions.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Umm have you ever heard of Dagestan and Chechnya? Both of those have a Muslim majority and are in a state of revolution against the Russian government. It's also well known that various international Islamic terrorist groups have participated in the Chechnyan and Dagestan wars and launched attacks into Russia (ex. the hostage crisis's in Beslan and the Moscow theater).

By no means does Russia have a good relationship with it's Muslim community.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Of course I've heard of them. There are more issues at play there than religion, though. Surely they have gotten along better over the centuries? Or before certain other things started happening. What some look at as cause and effect isn't always necessarily the true cause and effect. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

We want them to live without trying to build giant mosques after giant mosques, nor have a bunch of kids(knowing full well that they can't support them, as opposed to being ignorant, due to being poor), that signal a clear intent of wanting to "take over."

Freedom of religion doesn't apply, if there is suspicion of an ulterior motive.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by np6888]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

We want them to live without trying to build giant mosques after giant mosques, nor have a bunch of kids(knowing full well that they can't support them, as opposed to being ignorant, due to being poor), that signal a clear intent of wanting to "take over."

[edit on 9-8-2010 by np6888]

How many giant mosques are we talking about? Enough to fulfill the needs of their worshipers. perhaps?

Mustlims can't support their children?

As opposed to being ignorant? What does this mean?

Why are they poor?

So, freedom of religion for all Muslims must be stripped away because some Muslims might have ulterior motive?

I'm thinking you might be from the UK?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, if Sarah Palin and other neo-conseravative whack job Christians think that "peaceful Muslims" should "refudiate" these mosques, I think that "peaceful Christians" (I mean after all, the holy wars, the crusades) should be "refudiating" the Church going up next to my house.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There is a growing number of nasty controversies over proposed mosques:

Tennessee

California

Georgia

Kentucky

Wisconsin

Illinois

SheepsheadBay, Brooklyn

Midland Beach, Staten Island, in New York City

How far from ground zero is far enough away? This is a disease and it's spreading.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We had a problem here in Southern Arizona. NO shock - I'm sure.

Muslims bought property to build a Mosque. Everything was signed and OK'd by City Hall.

Then the town Christians found out about it. They marched on City Hall in mass. The man who sold the property and City Hall backed down and revoked the building permits (apparently there was a loophole - another shock - I'm sure).

Fortunately - my Spiritual positive thought church - - stepped in and rented them space to worship freely - - until other plans could be made.

We now have a beautiful Mosque right in the middle of town.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

I am not saying that I disagree with your view here. But I do have a question, do you feel the same way about various Christian groups who have as an ulterior motive to insinuate the religion more thoroughly into government? Or who promote having lots of children to increase their power base?

I am just curious as to how fairly you apply the argument when it comes to a competing meme.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks...I'll add that to the list. Do you have links to any articles or video?

I remembering visiting Istanbul and being struck by the beauty of all the mosques and synagogues too. All coexisting peacefully. This was in 2000 though. Before the real madness started.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yea, I guess soon we'll be hearing the call for prayer. Don't wait for the government to step in with that Muslim in the White House.

I just heard on the radio that Obama has appointed the Imam of that Mosque thats going to be built in New York to travel the world to reach out to the Muslim world.

You're right, this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by MagicaRose]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

You're right, this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

So much for being a melting pot.

Guess it only qualifies if its your own pot.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yep- this sort of tests what america should look like..
minerets and burkas? ran into a couple burkas at the thrift store-
how is this not a disguise of sorts? personally it dont fly with me .
if that's part of the deal, then deal me out. i dont need to like muslims.
or jews catholics mormons jehovah witnesses hindus scientologists or
branch davidians. the lot of 'em can shove off. i'm fed up with the lot of you.
this message from the church of later dude saints.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

You mean this story?

US State Dept Sends Mosque Imam to Mideast

This is sure to set off a whole new round of rumors though. I'm sure we can imagine what kind. I think we've seen indication of this from your post already.

However, just look at it this way...at least we're keeping a very close "eye" on the imam in case the alleged nefarious doings and reasons and funding quests with terrorists turn out to be true.

You have little faith in your government, and I can understand why that might manifest this way.

You believe the president is a Muslim? Was he undercover all those years with his Christian church?

Would you attempt to answer my questions a few posts up?

What would you have us do with the Muslims?

[edit on 8/10/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Well, if Sarah Palin and other neo-conseravative whack job Christians think that "peaceful Muslims" should "refudiate" these mosques, I think that "peaceful Christians" (I mean after all, the holy wars, the crusades) should be "refudiating" the Church going up next to my house.
Sorry, I just always want to insert facts when someone bashes Christians for the Crusades. Actually both sides deserve to be bashed for the Crusades, as it was a war!

Here is why the first Crusade was launched from Western Europe:

The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the Holy Land from Muslim rule and were launched in response to a call from the Christian Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Muslim Seljuk Turks into Anatolia.
Source:

The Muslims(should we insert peace-loving here?) took over the Holy land through force and violence. That land is holy to Jews, Muslims and Christians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join