It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to Build Massive Islamic Centers Raise Concerns in Tennessee

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by solidshot

I've heard that same line of thinking about blacks and Hispanics too. I guess it applies to anyone except the white population eh?

I bet you wouldn't be ranting and raving if it was a southern baptist church going up.

And if the Southern Baptists were constructing large places of worship (which did not conform with local architecture) in Islamic nations such as Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Turkey, etc. --- would you be there, defending their right to do so ? Would you be there defending the lives of those Southern Baptists ?

You'll need to scroll down to read about the murders of non-Muslims BY Muslims. Not a lot of tolerance

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there's this:

mychristianblood.blogspirit.com...

2010 Now the police help Turkmen imams to persecute Christians

Police raids, led by local imams, against the Christians who gather to pray. In a systematic way, the faithful are summoned by the agents that force them to "renounce". But they complain that they have applied for state authorization to meet, without receiving any response.

Turkey: Catholic bishop murdered in south

Murderer, "I killed the great Satan!"

The bishop was stabbed in the house and beheaded outside. He cried help before he died. The murderer shouted "Allah Akbar!".

Police have started an investigation after a suspected group of people defaced the façade of the 1,700-year-old Mor Jacob Syriac Orthodox Church in Nusaybin, in the southeastern province of Mardin, with pro-Islamic slogans

How about Egyptian Christians being murdered whilst attending religious services ?

frontpagemag.com...

Iraqi Christians being murdered by Muslims ?

www.jihadwatch.org...

Nigeria ?

Nigeria: Muslims murder 12 more Christians, cut out their tongues

www.jihadwatch.org...

Pakistan ?

Muslims Murder Pakistani Christian with Axe Blows

www.compassdirect.org...

Dozens more examples online

Cutting out of tongues ?

Beheadings ?

Murder via axes ?

Stoning of Christians and Christian churches ?

Oh yes -- all the hallmarks of a 'religion of peace' ... 'religion of tolerance '

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You'll need to scroll down to read about the murders of non-Muslims BY Muslims. Not a lot of tolerance

If you want to start a thread about the intolerance of diversity in Islamic countries; then I would be happy to support that thread. There is a lot of horrible nonsense going on in those countries.

However, it is irrelevant to this thread. What stupid and criminal things others are doing in other places in the world has nothing to do with what Americans do in their own country. Trying to make yourselves look better by basically saying: "Look, we're not as bad as those guys." Is silly.

You/we should be judging ourselves by our own highest standards; not against the lowest standards seen elsewhere. We practice freedom of religion to all comers. Anything less than that just brings us closer to those other cultures you (justifiably) want to denounce.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Pat Robertson has also spoken out (lied) about the Islamic center in lower Manhattan, so this is tangentially related. In response to Pat Robertson's lies about the Islamic center in Murfreesboro, TN, the mayor speaks out. I think we might have a prime agitator in Robertson, don't you?

Burgess calls Robertson Muslim bribe comments ridiculous

Pat Robertson in a televised appearance on his Christian television show, "The 700 Club" made comments today regarding the new Islamic Center in Murfreesboro, TN. He expressed his belief that Muslims were taking over, would force girls in school to wear head dresses and that county officials had been bribed or paid off in order to approve the proposed new site of the mosque. Rutherford County Mayor, Ernest Burgess, made these comments when I visited his office later that same day.

Video Here

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sounds like the religious bigotry is spreading.
I bet this is exactly what TPB want, religious aswell as political dividing.
It's just sad to see ATS buying into it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
lol at the many many MANY HUUUGGGEEEE Christian worship centers throughout the country. I'd actually be happy to finally see some Mosques around, it only makes sense to share the land of freedom of religion with the other religions.

Tell that to the Saudi Arabians. Where are the massive synagogues or massive christians churches?

They tore them all down, and killed the worshippers.

The Tennessee mosques are a very negative result and they are exploiting western freedoms to further their satanic agenda. Anyone who can speak the native languages can tell you that these mosques preach nothing but the destruction of the US and the west 24-7.

The real question is, where is the church? Why aren't they preaching the gospel to these immigrants 24-7? What happened to the great commission of the Matthew 28? The answer is that there are very few real christians around in the US these days. Most of the real ones are actually in the very places where they are being persecuted.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
lol at the many many MANY HUUUGGGEEEE Christian worship centers throughout the country. I'd actually be happy to finally see some Mosques around, it only makes sense to share the land of freedom of religion with the other religions.

Tell that to the Saudi Arabians. Where are the massive synagogues or massive christians churches?

They tore them all down, and killed the worshippers.

The Tennessee mosques are a very negative result and they are exploiting western freedoms to further their satanic agenda. Anyone who can speak the native languages can tell you that these mosques preach nothing but the destruction of the US and the west 24-7.

The real question is, where is the church? Why aren't they preaching the gospel to these immigrants 24-7? What happened to the great commission of the Matthew 28? The answer is that there are very few real christians around in the US these days. Most of the real ones are actually in the very places where they are being persecuted.

Religions have been butchering each other for years, thankfully, in America they have freedom of religion, and I don't think the U.S should start acting like Saudi Arabia, that seems like a massive back step to me.

Also I have to laugh at the irony of complaining about being persecuted while persecuting an entire religion.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sorry... I only read a few lines of the OP but that is enough to suggest that you think too much of yourself..

You created the disporia huh?

That was created hundreds of years before America was a twinkle in some revolutionists eyes...

Dont flatter yourself.,

The only.people in the world who thinks the world needs you is you..

Good Shabbat x

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Also I have to laugh at the irony of complaining about being persecuted while persecuting an entire religion.

I am not persecuting an entire religion. I'm simply exposing their inherently evil nature. I fought with words and concepts, they fight with AK-47's and bombs, since apparently they are unable to get their point across any other way.

Telling you that your religion sucks, is not persecution. Killing you, imprisoning you, raping your daughters and burning your churches alive with the congregation inside, well that does qualify as persecution don't you think?

barnabasfund.org...-CHRISTIANSTRAPPEDIN

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by hippomchippo

I am not persecuting an entire religion. I'm simply exposing their inherently evil nature. I fought with words and concepts, they fight with AK-47's and bombs, since apparently they are unable to get their point across any other way.

Telling you that your religion sucks, is not persecution. Killing you, imprisoning you, raping your daughters and burning your churches alive with the congregation inside, well that does qualify as persecution don't you think?

Ah yes, we all know muslim children and mothers love to fight with AK-47's, there are 1 billion muslims running around the streets with AK-47's and bombs right?

You're calling an entire religion inherently evil because of a few extremists.

I know several muslims who aren't extremists, but I'm sure you don't care about that because they're just acting to get under the skin of america right?

If an entire religion can be valued by their extremists, one would think you would look right back at your religion, for it has caused unthinkable amounts of bloodshed since it's creation.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
As an Atheist - - - I'd be thrilled if NO More Christian churches (of any denomination) were ever built again.

However - America is a "melting pot" - - - it was built on being a "melting pot".

Muslims are part of that pot too. Deal with it. Religious freedom - is part of the constitution.

. . . . and of course we all know 300+ Muslims also died in the Towers.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
To be honest, I would agree, this is cause for concern
One may consider this a form of non-violent colonization

However, unfortunately it is not colonization but a result of colonization, the colonization of Iraq that is.

Iraq is war-torn, so many came from there to here because of OUR war on them which was purely based on lies.

This is a result of US trying to colonize THEM, not the reverse!

Although I would agree with you for being concerned of this, also you must remember and understand why this is happening.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Sorry... I only read a few lines of the OP but that is enough to suggest that you think too much of yourself..

You created the disporia huh?

That was created hundreds of years before America was a twinkle in some revolutionists eyes...

Dont flatter yourself.,

The only.people in the world who thinks the world needs you is you..

Good Shabbat x

Who is this "you" you are addressing?

This is a reference to the current diaspora of Iraqis, which the OP refers to in reference to new immigrants to TN.

I believe what we might have here is a Jewish claim to the very word and concept? Is that we're you're coming from on this?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Exactly my point above. Millions of Iraqis and Aghans and other Middle Easterners have been displaced, to either other countries in the Middle East, who oh by the way are having the usual issues with influxes due to high rates of immigration even though they're already Islamic nations.

These issues have more to do with economic, cultural, and social acclimatization and integration than anything else. Very typical of any kind of immigration. That people choose to correlate it with Islam because they don't recognize this is a shame. And that people treat them poorly only opens them up to radicalization.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

Not a proud moment for America.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join