It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to Build Massive Islamic Centers Raise Concerns in Tennessee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Me? I'm not likely to get all unicorny and whatever else it was you said

I'm also not dealing with any other meme other than they are in this country and are part of this country. Some have live here all their lives, some were displaced and live here now.

If some Christians and some Muslims want to hack each other into little bits, let them, but go somewhere else to do it and leave the rest of us alone. Just stay out of our politics and our government. The ones who can't get along can get the hell out and start their own dominionist nations if that's how they feel.

As far as I'm concerned, neither one of their agendas is going to get very far in any attempts they may mount to creep into our government. That doesn't scare me, but it sure seems to scare some people.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Annee

Dont forget that both Catholicism and Mormanism have breeding in that way part of their ideology for a reason. It is to increase their power, wealth and influence in an area and displace the competition. And it works.

Oh I know. My gramma was Catholic and tried to raise me Catholic.

My husband was raised Mormon - - and we tried it out for a few years.

I try to only talk about what I know - even in a "quip".

I now consider myself a Spiritual Humanist (Atheism with wiggle room)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Annee

Dont forget that both Catholicism and Mormanism have breeding in that way part of their ideology for a reason. It is to increase their power, wealth and influence in an area and displace the competition. And it works.

Oh I know. My gramma was Catholic and tried to raise me Catholic.

My husband was raised Mormon - - and we tried it out for a few years.

I try to only talk about what I know - even in a "quip".

I now consider myself a Spiritual Humanist (Atheism with wiggle room)

I don't mean to correct you but "Atheism with wiggle room" would be considered Agnostic

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

If they're citizens, it's their right to try. Doesn't mean they'll succeed, does it?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Are you guys saying they wouldn't have had this many children if they stayed in their native lands? Just trying to understand this part of it and whether it's really a plan or just seems so.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube

now that is just wrong....you dont come into an existing nieghborhood and expect others to change their ways to suit your needs.

just an observation....

Yeah - that is happening right now in my town.

We have a historical Main street with bars and various other things. A Christian church is trying to get waivers - so they can put their church right in the middle of existing businesses. Maybe they want to save the drunks as they walk out of the bars.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

I don't mean to correct you but "Atheism with wiggle room" would be considered Agnostic

NO - not Agnostic.

You can look it up if you want. Spiritual Humanism.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I think this will make it easier for muslim terrorists, aka Taliban to infilitrate onto OUR soil, jsut as they did prior to 9/11 happening, IF it wasnt our lovely governemnt involved in it, they will have/use these Mosques or whatever thier called in Tennessee as a hideout or a place to launder weapons, biological agents to be used agianst us....thats my thoughts. The vatican helpe nazi generals and joseph MEngele escape! thats my comparison.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

That's one way to look at it. I guess another way to look at it is that at least they'll all be in one place so we can keep an eye on them

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Very interesting indeed. I think this will make it easier for muslim terrorists, aka Taliban to infilitrate onto OUR soil, jsut as they did prior to 9/11 happening, IF it wasnt our lovely governemnt involved in it, they will have/use these Mosques or whatever thier called in Tennessee as a hideout or a place to launder weapons, biological agents to be used agianst us....thats my thoughts. The vatican helpe nazi generals and joseph MEngele escape! thats my comparison.

You obviously don't know many Muslims..... They have been here long before 9/11.

There is a thing called freedom of religion.

A Mosque is a Church if Islam. A Church. Yes there are Muslim extremists but why must every single Muslim on earth be an extremist?

Starting to sound like Nazi Germany...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

As far as I'm concerned, neither one of their agendas is going to get very far in any attempts they may mount to creep into our government. That doesn't scare me, but it sure seems to scare some people.

We hope.

But people who criticize what other countries worry about or how they act in the face of an incoming aggressive meme should realize those other countries and their religious wars, costing untold numbers of lives, and progress, and freedoms, are the REASON we have the separation from church and state we so take for granted.

Those people in those countries have as part of their history the horror and bloodshed of religious war, and we here, do not. Yet. When we are discussing non judgment and bigotry we need to take that into account. Many of those European countries just threw off the yolk of oppressive religious domination. They may not be as naive about the danger of allowing in groups who have as an agenda the takeover of a state. (And Islam has a strong leaning towards theocracy, see the Middle East for details) As does some flavors of Christianity.

Im just saying. Dont get so "cant we all just get along" that you refuse to look objectively at history, and the present, and the way those religious memes operate.

Christianity is still assaulting the separation of church and state here in the US. It will not stop. Opening the arms of a nation to an ideology that has as a mission the destruction of your ideology is not the best and wisest idea. Christianity came in the door right off the bat here in the US. There is no getting it out. But it is costly to wage memetic wars. It takes time, resources, and in the end, the secular here in the US could lose. It is far from a sure bet that we will be able to maintain the separation we are so proud of. Religious fervor is tireless. And there is no downside to it. They both enjoy the fruits of secular thought, and the benefits of their discrimination against the secular.

I find it amusing and sad that the "team" that elaborated natural selection so well finds it so very difficult to apply the rules of it, and the "team" that denies its existence is so damn good at playing by those rules.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

more than likely they do suceed cause you will be what UK has become...a Tolerant nation...therefore soon as you dont tolerate something...you then become racist.

Then at that point it is no longer a tolerant issue it has just become a race issue...and people are so darn ...Politically correct.

the Race issue wins everytime.

i have seen it over and over...in Canada...The Uk...tolerant Nations become railroaded through trying not to be thought of as racist.

when in reality it has nothing to do with race issues......IT's race hiding behind religion.

no you cant really stop people from building a mosque.

but all these religions...christianity vs Islam

It is going to get al all killed.

selfcentered religious wars.

think about it "in god We trust"

"allah will overcome the infadels"

there is more to it then the mosques...humanity should be all our concern

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

"Thou shalt not kill"

See how good we are at following what are supposed to be the rules? Did they just happen to forget about that little quip during every religious war on earth?

Probably..

The only outsider is Islam. The Koran has a different take on that particular commandment....

From the Koran..

“And do not kill anybody that Allah has prohibited except when you have a right to kill” (6:151)

Christianity and Judisam are pretty straight forward on that particular rule. Islam.... not so much.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I guess I'm more in the camp of that we do have a strong government in this regard and as bad as it's gotten, I do still have faith that we can withstand this kind of assault from any direction. Radicalized individuals in today's world wherever you are or whoever they are always going to be unhappy with a political or social situation and try to cause turmoil and hurt people.

And I know how seriously law enforcement takes threats and suspicious activity and what they prevent. Things are either going to happen in that regard or not. I can't waste my life worrying about imagined or potential future threats and run around alienating individuals based on what some of their kind did or didn't do in history. I don't have to like what they do, I can be vigilant without doing that.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by plube

"Thou shalt not kill"

See how good we are at following what are supposed to be the rules? Did they just happen to forget about that little quip during every religious war on earth?

Probably..

Isn't that "Thou Shalt Not Murder"?

I think its OK if you Kill in war. But you can't murder.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It depends on the version you read. Both are correct. Even though the literal translation from the original texts (in Aramaic to English)and also the King James version is "thou shalt not kill".

You shall not murder is actually incorrect even though it is featured in many of the "newer" translations.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It depends on the version you read. Both are correct.

I know. I just think this is all ridiculous.

Pick and choose Religions. What ever works at the moment.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please respond to my whole posts... I feel a little cheated if you just take bits and pieces just like the bible does lol. (which actually is the biggest problem with most Christians. they quote a single line to fit their needs when if you read the whole story they took it from it is a completely different meaning)

And as far as killing in war goes, it is supposed to only be allowed in Defense not aggression. Defense only.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply try o post by DaMod

Never mind.

I am just not going to get serious in this topic. Carry On.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply try o post by DaMod

Never mind.

I am just not going to get serious in this topic. Carry On.

If a topic comes along that you just don't like you ignore it?

Isn't that what got the world into this crap in the first place?

I'm not stirring religious debate, just providing information. For a spiritual humanist (yes I looked it up and read about it) you sure have a narrow outlook.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join