It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to Build Massive Islamic Centers Raise Concerns in Tennessee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sorry, but how does this apply to this topic? Which is the building of an Islamic center in Tennessee, USA? And perhaps how some media are leading opinions.

Please don't simply post something without putting your own words on it to relate it to how you believe it goes along with this topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Freedom or religion is important, but just to play devil's advocate, my sister lives in an area with a growing muslim population.
Her daughter(my niece) is only 12yrs old and her best friend is muslim, we are hindu, and the best friend is trying to talk about islam all the time to my niece and when she goes over to her friend's house her parents talk about islam when she gets there.

That's not cool! She is only a 12yr old girl, then my sister and brother in law tells her to still be friends but keep her distance from her, but that only makes her revolt and want to be friends with her even more.

We are not a religious family and do not apreciate this type of presumptuousness. Whether it was christians, catholics, muslims or Jains behaving like this we would not apreciate it.

Freedom of religion is important, but this is an important thing to think about also.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by solidshot

Maybe some countries should have thought about this before they bombed and attempted to colonize other countries thus causing diaspora?

Also, I find your bigoted and exagrerated generalizations insulting on many levels. But that's just me.

Since when has it been bigoted to tell the truth? Since when has it been bigoted to point out that certain ethnic groups are swamping large areas of our country? Yet again if you had been to these areas yourself you wouldn't have made those claims and would have known this has been going on for decades, long before we had invaded Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Point taken. It sucks when someone tries to "convert" someone or get them to "see the light" no matter where it comes from.

I had the same situations with my son serveral times when he was younger. Different religion, but same kind of evangelicism.

Someone even had the nerve to tell me they were going to take him to services with them because they thought he "needed Christ in his life."

One situation was a public school teacher preaching Christ in school.

And another one that comes to mind is kids telling him he was going to hell.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Personally i follow no religion, and find that people who are religious to be the most hypocritical and criminally minded of any that i have met.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
If this goes the way it has in the UK each family will have between six and twelve kids each and out breed the local population over a decade or two. Areas that were once nice family orientated places that you aspired to live in will be turned into ghettos. And once they have swamped that area they will spread like locusts in the same way they have here until once white orientated towns and cities have a Muslim majority.

Locusts.

Ghettos.

White-oriented.

Okay. That's not bigoted language.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The area i live in is Muslim dominated, one of our neighbors constantly tries to convert my mother. They have succeeded with several women in this area who now walk around covered head to toe with a burka. In this area at least they seem to target women who have low self esteem, those who are overweight or have just come out of a bad relationship or similar circumstances.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Locusts.

Ghettos.

White-oriented.

Okay. That's not bigoted language.

The way that that certain ethnic groups are spreading in the UK is just like Locusts so yes that is the best terminology for this case. If had bothered to come to some of these areas and seen the way in which the housing stock has been turned from places in which everyone aspired to live in, into places that are complete slums, then yes these are now ghettos. And yes these areas were once white orientated....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The fear of an Islamic takeover is very useful actually, when arguing with the Fundies about why it would be bad to do away with the separation of church and state.

They cant see it as a bad thing when they are pretty sure THEIR religion will be the one to take over and oppress all others, but if you can get them to consider a religion they dont like might end up in charge, all of a sudden it makes perfect sense to them that there should be that separation.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Again, the topic here is America and how we will deal with this. Hopefully, we will have learned some lessons from Europe and it won't be with the same fear and bigotry that tends to radicalize rather than assimilate people into society. And as someone mentioned, we're old pros at this, and while we might typically have some growing pains, we eventually figure it out.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes it is. For them and for others, like politicians, for example, this is a great chance to push their agendas. Opportunist who like to drive and take advantage of wedge issues are everywhere, aren't they?

Shame on us if we allow them to control our thoughts and fears. Some might successfully argue that their kind of vitriole is exactly what caused half these problems to begin with.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
why dont muslims who want to leave a muslim country because of its human rights issues always end up in a christian country?..
why not just go to another muslim country?..
also why do they have to turn the country they move to into the same sh#thole they came from?..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I tend to think that some people overlook that memes compete.

"Fear and bigotry" on a memetic level are not necessarily unwarranted. If there had been more "fear and bigotry" on the part of pagans, those traditions might have survived. As it was, they were much more open and accepting than the competing meme, and so were obliterated by the incoming hostile meme, Christianity.

Christianity and Islam have a right to fear one another. It is part of their memetic code to eliminate all competing ideologies, and assimilate or marginalize and starve out the members of the opposing ideologies.

Its like saying "we should be open and accepting of cancer. It just wants to live too." Yes, it does, it wants to live at the expense of all other existing cells and groups of cells in your body, much like these aggressive memes want to displace all other competing memes.

And before you get all unicorns love and rainbows on my ass, we know this because this is how these memes act this way no matter where in the world they go. Christianity has stomped out violently or peacefully every other religion is has come into contact with. So has Islam, and with those religions a way of life and an indigenous culture.

You can call it biogtry and fear all you want. I am not fearful. I will be dead long before Islam gains enough of a foothold in the west to make my life a hell. I could care less. But from an observational point of view, it is simplistic, and naive of people to say there is nothing wrong with inviting a meme into your culture that can, will, and has succeeded in wiping out the competition in other areas unless it is your intent that you want that meme to become dominant.

So what if it takes a 100 years or better to accomplish that goal? America has lasted as long as it has without a takeover because the founders were wise enough to put in protections. And we are still battling with Christianity to not swamp the secular. Altruism requires discrimination or it loses the game every single time. There is scads of data showing this.

Being too, "everyone can come in, we accept and love you all" is not a winning strategy in nature. Because the ideologies you allow in the door may not agree to reciprocate that openmindedness. See Christianity for more details.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Surprise. Not the mosque in NYC. This one's in Tennessee.

Massive! Concerns. No, nationwide concern!!! Rally!!! Go forth and opinionate! Not surprised FoxNews* is the first of the MSM outlets taking this one viral nationwide...are you? Because of their "conservative" and "patriotic" values, I'm sure? I wouldn't pay too much credence that they are covering the facts here accurately or fairly.* Whether you do is up to you.

We created the diaspora now we're going to bitch about it. That's the American way
We hold no responsibility and we're shocked at the consequences?

Nutty country.

To balance this out...

Let the Mosques Be Built! You Have Nothing to Fear

and see this...

[rul=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread601087/pg1]Study: Build mosques to prevent Islamic radicalism[/url]

Manipulation, trends. patterns,division, fear. I have nothing more to say.

*My own opinion most recently based on the last online "news" article from Fox I checked, based on the WikiLeaks, Bradley Manning story, which was full of factual errors, I've become convinced that the people writing (or rewriting from Reuters or AP) for Fox are incompentant, underorders, overworked, overstessed, or any and all combinations thereof. What they are not is objective journalists or professionals with ethics.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Nothing to fear? excuse me but what about Sharia law?

look at Bosnia and how islam over there damaged the country, yet they keeping saying how islam brought jobs to bosnia but in realty there are none!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If this goes the way it has in the UK each family will have between six and twelve kids each and out breed the local population over a decade or two. Areas that were once nice family orientated places that you aspired to live in will be turned into ghettos. And once they have swamped that area they will spread like locusts in the same way they have here until once white orientated towns and cities have a Muslim majority.

You mean like the Catholics and Mormons?

Fear does weird things to the brain.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dont forget that both Catholicism and Mormanism have breeding in that way part of their ideology for a reason. It is to increase their power, wealth and influence in an area and displace the competition. And it works.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
One thing I find funny is that the Muslims in the UK are using the same tactics that the (primarily Hispanic) illegal immigrants are using here in the US - 4+ babies for each mother, living 20 to a house, taking over communities neighborhood by neighborhood, and using the system as a weapon to achieve their goals (ex. taking advantage of hate crimes laws and their status as minorities).

The Muslim population in the US is almost negligible outside of places like the Detroit metro area, Buffalo NY, a few neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens in NYC, and in the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul in Minnesota, etc. I wouldent worry too much about them, the Hispanic radicals and the illegal immigrants on the other hand ....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
well i am a Canadian living in the uk...and i am fine with religions...but when religions sttart to inflict their doctrine on others and the local populations and dont integrate but rather infiltrate whole areas that is wrong..

I know of a mosque that opened across the street from a mens club(kind like a legion for you americans).

They tried to get a bylaw passed against the Mens club that had been there for over 40yrs because the noise was interferring with their friday prayers.

now that is just wrong....you dont come into an existing nieghborhood and expect others to change their ways to suit your needs.

just an observation....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

Personally i follow no religion, and find that people who are religious to be the most hypocritical and criminally minded of any that i have met.

Key words there. Luckily for the rest of us we don't have to live under the regime of your opinion. Perhaps if you could remove some of the prejudices from your posts we might be more inclined to take you seriously.

In fact from my experience most Muslim families in the states are business owners with nice houses and almost OCD with their lawns.

Oh yeah and they live peacefully along side white home owners... I don't know how they are in the UK but here it seems they are a completely different critter.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

i wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said

also being a uk resident sometimes this is a problem but i stick by the majority are not a prolbem it is the minority fueling the hate and feeding off it to justify thier own views

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join