It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

I've probably done more sins in the last month than you have in your whole existence. That's not justification not to pray or talk with God. Hell I've prayed in the act of a sin knowing full well it is sin and asking for forgiveness in the act of doing it. I have much to change in my lifestyle. But I still pray. Seldom I've cursed in my prayers. Dropping f bombs in anger at what God has done. Eventually I got my way but yea, there is guilt knowing you sinned to do that.

At the end of the day it does not matter. If you feel guilt on your heart you need to release it. No big bearded white dude is going to throw a lightning bolt at you.

That's a very interesting story on SIDS. I'll look into it later. But basically, do not worry about anything. To feel guilt is just a sign you must release it.

reply to post by Annee

And in all the things we discover, energy is the same thing In fact we would probably be more likely to detect energy bubbles then new elements or particles. Because they have a large amount of energy. You are obviously interactive with this force so it is therefore observable.

The main point is that without a God to allow it, there is a massive number of holes in the idea of outer body experiences, if they even exist. Without something to design that process, it cannot come about through evolution. And it is not detectable, so you are technically creating energy, which makes no sense and violates the laws of the universe. We also cannot detect this loss, so where is it?

In the end there is no proof for it. And I maintain that for me, it's just really good dreams.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Just know that almost every person on this planet is indoctrinated into believing we are created by a god - - from birth. Any god. (there are still few in my opinion who are raised by atheists).

I really prefer the term "assimilated". You never had a chance to be without god. You were taught god from birth as if it is absolute unquestionable fact.

It isn't.

I did the religious/god search - - like many others - - trying to find truth. But - discovered I never really did believe this fantasy. It did not make sense to me as a child - - and makes even less sense now.

Separate - - then start with a clean slate.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

The main point is that without a God to allow it, there is a massive number of holes in the idea of outer body experiences, if they even exist. Without something to design that process, it cannot come about through evolution. And it is not detectable, so you are technically creating energy, which makes no sense and violates the laws of the universe. We also cannot detect this loss, so where is it?

In the end there is no proof for it. And I maintain that for me, it's just really good dreams.

Great - believe what you want.

I will do the same. And NO - I do not believe in a god/creator or any designer.

We could be a very advanced video game - for all I know.

I do believe thought energy creates - - and that we create our own world. Of course its more complicated then that - - but I don't do complicated posts.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I went through that path too. I came to the conclusion that there would be a God because even if there is no god, then eventually someone is going to become on and leave the bounds of the universe. Once they're out, they have total control.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Gorman91]
reply to post by Annee

Well you should know that your part about energy is at odds to documented facts of the universe. I mean, if the Universe is filled with life, why is is so cold and depleted of energy? Why is it mostly a vacuum with dark matter and dark energy? Where is all the thought?

I mean this is not even complicated. It's simply logic.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I went through that path too. I came to the conclusion that there would be a God because even if there is no god, then eventually someone is going to become on and leave the bounds of the universe. Once they're out, they have total control.

reply to post by Annee

Well you should know that your part about energy is at odds to documented facts of the universe. I mean, if the Universe is filled with life, why is is so cold and depleted of energy? Why is it mostly a vacuum with dark matter and dark energy? Where is all the thought?

I mean this is not even complicated. It's simply logic.

Simple logic? What if it is not that at all?

As I said - - we create our own illusion.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I think someone alluded to something along those lines, but in my OP I tried to make it clear that my complaint is only against organized religious institutions - not people's belief in God/God-Mind.

It's really the hierarchy associated with organized religion that I think results in more harm than good.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I mean, if the Universe is filled with life, why is is so cold and depleted of energy? Why is it mostly a vacuum with dark matter and dark energy?

Dark matter and dark energy have not been proven, right?

I like what I understand Nassim Haramein to be saying: that space is energy - or at least full of energy.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

In one of his vidoes he talked about infinities. For in reality, this is an infinite universe/school/hologram/digital simulated reality and more, its rather complex, our galaxy looks like a cell, and perhaps our solar system like atoms even. Infinities could be nestled within infinities as well, like in Horton Hears A Who, a whole infinite universe could be a grain on sand on the beach of a planet. Ours could be like a flower in the gardens of the Beyond, and what we percieve as Big Bang, which in no time, cannot be pinned into time or finite, yet seems like a seed germinating outward.

In any case. those last points on infinities were mine, and suggested by a friend and then I saw the seed germination even.

What the Nassim Haramein said in the video was, that in the other infinities found, they often just rounded the number off to finite to use in equations, but when they studied the vacuum of space, they found such an enormous infinity of energy that they couldnt'. They had to invent a falsehood, like using a cheat, to create this enormous number. This number was so large, he said that a cubic centimeter of the vacuum, would contain more energy than if you compressed all of known space that we can see with the hubble in all directions back to the mythical thereotical big bang moment, and made it into a cubic centimeter.

Where does the broadcast come in from in a hologram?

Is there reality? Are atoms marbles, solid? Inside an atom are quarks, and inside these are exotic streams of energy known as strings. But...is this not only streams of energy?

Our minds have centers that decipher the energy into pictures and sounds and spacial but is there really a real universe around us or are we merely decoding the broadcast.

The infinite universe could be akin to a giant flatscreen tv/dvd player, that awaits its broadcast.

Each system is its own space-time based on orbit, and time is a construct, there is a place in the brain, or rather our energetic mind, that is programmed to the orbit. Each planet/moon has its own orbit and its own channel. The system is like a collage playing infinite dvds, and its a school we project into.

Have we ever left home.

One day, I was challenged with that very question by my Higher Self walking down the stairs. I was not feeling energetic but kind of blah. And within me, more of myself swelled up, bubbled up like a well and the entire room brightened, and I felt this upbeat, quicksilver, light, joyful, humorous, almost a funky, gentle goldie hawn type feeling and was asked: where did I think I was anyway? do I think we ever leave home? And I had an impression of laying on a cot with guaze like semi sheer veils around and I could make out my family, and then I saw a huge red curtain pull back, as if in an old fashioned movie theatre, and the movie of our lives recorded for all time. The dvd runs over and over too. These forms are on loan. A coloring book, with some scenes that do play out, but we are given our own crayons to color the scenes up until we get it right like Groundhog Day.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

And there ya go.

See - I told ya it was very complex.

One must let go of "reality" as you know it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by spy66
Satan is both good and evil. He is the tree of knowledge, of good and bad.
He planted his garden eastwards in Eden and created a whole bunch of things there.

If Satan is the knowledge of good and bad, what is God?

Good question

Personally i would say God is only good. Because, God only made one choice, and that choice was to create existence. When God was done with his creation he saw that everything was good.

But then you have Chapter 2. Where Lord God comes into the story, and interfere with human lives, and tells them: what to do, where to go, how to live, who to worship and who to kill.

Lord God doesn't sound like all loving God at all. Lord God sounds more like a cold hearted killer with a large ego ,who wants us to worship him or die. Lord God is a control freak.

Would God really want us to kill animals as a sacrifice for our sins? Where is the logic! Why do animals have to be sacrificed/suffer death for what we have done? Where is the common sense?

A sacrifice is symbolic nothing more. And it is "Lord Gods" way of telling God that He has our faith and not him.

I am with you on this. God doesn't have a written religion. But Lord God does, and it has created the world we live in.

Lord God is the tree of knowledge, of good and evil. Just look at what our knowledge of him has made us do through time. Lord God told people to kill because it was the correct thing to do. But was it the right thing to do?

As you can see, you can argue if killing is good or evil. If sacrifice is good or evil. Or you can argue if it is good or evil for Lord God to mingle with humans.

NB. Just to clarify, i imply that Lord God is the fallen angel.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Not all entities are benevolent.

Just as not all humans are good.

Actually - I personally believe there was a real war in space between 2 off planet powers over control of humans.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
reply to post by Gorman91

I have this guilt inside me. I carried this guilt ever since I stopped praying. I feel I have abandoned God and I have made countless sins after I reach puberty age. Maybe I summon God at will before but I can't do that anymore. The guilt is so overwhelming it prevent me to even think about praying. I never tell my story to anyone and I hope I could forget it.

But before I say good night, I have this strong urged to tell something. I don't know what's driving me to write. It just I couldn't sleep if I don't tell someone about this. I'm afraid I might loose whatever things that bothering my mind if I go to sleep now.

God loves pure innocents being. He loves them so much he wouldn't not hesitate to intervene human's affair just to bring them to heaven. Children are pure innocent. Babies died mysteriously due to SIDS. US has one of the highest SIDS rate in the world. More than 2000 babies died of SIDS in US alone EVERY YEAR. Their deaths are not random. They are SELECTED. I don't know for certain. I don't know why. But know this. God is not evil. He loves your child so much he couldn't bring himself to see your child suffer. This world, our world is a place of suffering and to redeem oneself. People get hurt emotionally ( not to mentioned physically ) everyday.

My memory of God is vague. I'm loosing it as I aged. But what's left to my mind is, any pure innocent being can summon God at will. And when God arrive, time stop. Nothing can move. I felt it was like 5 secs but it was actually more than 3 hours. Everyone was freezed. Nothing works. I don't think camera can work because camera has to work with time. But time doesn't apply to God.

I'm too exhausted right now. I don't know what's on my mind right now. Having said that, good night everyone.

Sleep well.

God never leaves you and I don't believe you abandoned Him. He is always there, even if you can't feel His presence. I know because I asked to know He's there and I am reminded of Him from time to time during my day to day life. How I know started with another experience that convinced me that Jesus was a very special man. He wasn't just some guru or madman. I asked for the way and my experience led me to Jesus. This was before the experience where I felt God's love, which happened because I was scared I would go to Hell. But I think Jesus is a merciful judge, not the condemning judge churches preach. How can a judge be righteous if his judgments are unrighteous?

But I digress. I think when you die God is the light at the end of the tunnel. I think everyone will see God for themselves at the end of their lives and bask in His light. I don't think anyone is abandoned. Even atheists have reported such an experience, which shows that God is merciful and loving, not the wrathful one preachers bring up. I think it would take a lot to get Him mad.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Personally i would say God is only good. Because, God only made one choice, and that choice was to create existence.

This, I can relate to.

It's like saying life is good.

And that we have free will.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
animals have no guilt.
Because they have no conscience.

Conscience is the God instilled "religion" written on and in every human heart.

Science is God power displayed throughout the universe.

Science operates under physical law.

Conscience operates under spiritual law.

God created science to rule over the physical world outside ourselves.

God created conscience to rule over the spiritual/moral world within ourselves.

Guilt is the honest comparison of the internal spiritual law or religion against your behavior, speech, act of commission or omission.

The mission of the human is to know love and serve God.

We fail in that mission by acts of commission and acts of omission.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

i agree everything you said except including God and spirituality.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
animals have no guilt.
Because they have no conscience.

Conscience is the God instilled "religion" written on and in every human heart.

Science is God power displayed throughout the universe.

Science operates under physical law.

Conscience operates under spiritual law.

God created science to rule over the physical world outside ourselves.

God created conscience to rule over the spiritual/moral world within ourselves.

Guilt is the honest comparison of the internal spiritual law or religion against your behavior, speech, act of commission or omission.

The mission of the human is to know love and serve God.

We fail in that mission by acts of commission and acts of omission.

God does not want us to serve him. God wants us to love everyone and serve everyone. By doing that you respect and love God and his creation.

Jesus said something about this. He said : If we "need" to worship, we should worship God. By saying that, Jesus meant that we dont have to worship God. God does not demand worship form us humans. We can worship God if we choose to do so.

The only God that demands worship is Lord God. He has made us create rituals that makes people have to suffer. Lord God has created laws, and set us up to judge each other.

Jesus even said something about us being judges. He said: Let the man who has not sinned cast the first stone. "We are all sinners".

What qualifies a judge to judge another for his sins, If the judge is just as guilty of his sins?
Well, the only thing that qualifies a judge to judge another Man is the law.

What the law basically say is that you can sin as much as you like, as long as we dont catch you in the act.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Spy, can i ask how you know what God wants? or even that you know he exists? (by "he" i mean he/she or it.)

Do you think the bible is evidence of this? Why? Do you or do you not not believe it was written by man?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

.......What a great, thought-provoking idea!!! I also wonder why God chose one race of people as his 'favorites'......oh well, what do I know??
Like my dad, I am 'spiritual but not religious' and find the idea of organized religion hilarious, unnecessary, and divisive....When people asked my dad, who grew up on a farm and kept one for many years, what his religion was, he always said....' I belong to the great outdoor congretation; I get up every morning at 5:30 and go out and enjoy what God created for us....."..................so there you have it!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BG43214
I also wonder why God chose one race of people as his 'favorites'......

Yes!!

Another pile of utter nonsense.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by spy66

Spy, can i ask how you know what God wants? or even that you know he exists? (by "he" i mean he/she or it.)

Do you think the bible is evidence of this? Why? Do you or do you not not believe it was written by man?

How do i know what God wants!

God created man in his image. In his image he created him as male and female. That would mean as equals.

Why would God want his own image to worship him, or create rituals to honor him?
That would be like you standing in front of the mirror and worshiping your self, or creating rituals to honor your self. It serves no purpose.

Personally i dont believe God worships himself or created rituals to honor him self. God only created on thing, and that one thing is existence. And he saw that it was all good, and than he rested.

God never even intervened with his creation, All God did was make it happen, and the creation evolved on its own over time.

"Lord God" on the other hand distinguishes him self quite a lot from thee God.
Lord God makes it very clear that he is not like us. Lord God makes it very clear that his image is not like ours. and that our image is not like his. He even displays it by appearing before man as light.

Lord God also makes threats and demands before man. Because we are not created in "his" image. We are not like him, and he wants you to know that.

Lord God also distinguishes man from man, and favours one before the other. By saying i am the God of ........ i cant remember them all. But it is 4 or 5 people.

God never created laws for man to live by, because we were created in his image. Lord God creates law's before man, because we are not of his image without the law.

Do i know if God exists!

Personally i know that God exists. BUt its quite hard to use once own knowledge to challenge someone else's knowledge. Because we all have faith in what we know. So it would be meaningless for me to even try to explain.

We are self responsible for our own knowledge and faith. Only you can change your own mind, based on how you understand what you know.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join