It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You are a deist. If you don't subcribe to any religion, if you don't label yourself with that religion, you are a deist.

I don't understand how you can believe in a few religions with so many conflictions and contradictions of what God is and how God behaves.

If you believe in God, but don't believe any religion gets it perfect then you are a deist, if you don't pick any religion, you're a deist, whether you like what Islam says or not.

If you do not believe in women stoning or that Islam should dominate the world then you are not a Muslim, because you wouldn't agree to the scriptures.

You are a deist. Unless you're totally gullible and you believe in the miracles and fantasies in any of the Abrahamic religions: Christianity, Judism and Islam. If you knew anything, you would know how tyranous, and ugly and jelous the God's are depicted? Don't agree with their depictions? Don't label yourself with a religion, and you're a Deist, simple as that.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Admit that you agree to how God is depicted in any of the religions and i'll find some brilliant excerpts that will show you how despicable and untrue it is.

"A belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man" Thomas Paine (Deist)

This is like banging my head against a brick wall. I should really just go and find some definitions of Deism, Theism (religion) and Atheism (doesn't believe in God)

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Like I said. I am Christian. It's kind of similar to what's portrayed in Stargate: If you pick the right path, you ascend. If you don't, you die. I'm Christian. I subscribe to it. I agree with it. You can show me all the scriptures you want and we can have a discussion on that.

And yea, I agree that if you don't believe that you go to Hell. But I do not deny the chance that prayer and asking God can save someone who does not believe. I understand that means that 2/3rds the world's population goes to hell, but honestly when I look at the world, I see why we all should. I definably should be in hell for what I've done in life. But I try harder, get back up, and know I'm forgiven.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Fair enough. You're a Christian. There's no such thing as a christian-deist hybrid. You must believe all un-believers are going to hell. I dont think that belief deserves any respect or credibility.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Maybe you haven't heard, but the world is a s**thole and going down in flames.

It makes perfect sense that most go to hell.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Hey Mary Rose.

I tried. I really tried to End and start over.

Some people just won't let go. Just like they won't let go of physical.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well actually we are back on topic but you still have not answered the question, which was on topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
For the record, if I had known that this thread belonged in BTS, "deny boredom," in the "Chit-Chat and General Offtopic Discussion Forums," I would not have started it.

I am amazed.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Yeh it seems these threads are for those who want to go around in circles.

I'm done, i'll stop hogging valuable posts and let the rest carry on this circular discussion.

As a last comment, an obvious truth; there is no God, you lie to yourself if you think there is, if you think there is a Hell and a Heaven, you are simply deluding your mind.

I'd rather spend time on more meaningful things, like science and truth (that's real truth, not the fake God is savior truth) With science as a priority i won't get side tracked by fanatasies of afterlife and morality being objective. I won't claim to know what is currently beyond knowledge.

Toodle pip Chaps.

A&A

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
As a last comment, an obvious truth; there is no God, you lie to yourself if you think there is, if you think there is a Hell and a Heaven, you are simply deluding your mind.

An obvious truth; there is a God, you lie to yourself if you think there isn't, if you think there isn't a Hell and a Heaven, you are simply deluding your mind.

See? Other people can play that game too. To state that all the experience people ever had of something supernatural/divine is a delusion is pretty presumptuous. Might as well get up and just outright say, "If there is a God, why hasn't he shown himself to me?" There is plenty of testimony about God, you just don't believe in any of it because it hasn't happened to you. Which is understandable, but then you go on ahead to state that anyone who has ever experienced the reality of God is crazy. Why are they crazy? Because you say so and believe that with all your heart?

You're pretty irrational for a guy who hates faith. You know what they say about staring into the abyss....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Burden of proof is on you, not me. You make an absurd claim like that, and you provide the evidence.

When the evidence is available and can be demostrated with absolute conviction, i will submit. Otherwise, it's just faith, and what's faith. A belief without evidence, i.e. irrational belief.

www.youtube.com...

Do some watching, listening and learning, you might learn something about philosophy, reason and logic.....and you'll understand why we do not make absurd claims, because extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

So again, i say, There is no God, There is no hell, and there is no heaven, unless you can prove it to me?

Laters

[edit on 10/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We can't prove God/God-Mind or no God/God-Mind.

And we can't prove heaven and hell or no heaven and hell.

I think we should post what we sense is true, while at the same time respecting what others sense is true.

We're stating our opinions.

In my opinion, even when we're stating conventional wisdom regarding facts, we're really just stating what most people believe is true. It can always change later when something new comes along.

So, I say let's just share our opinions - for what others might glean from them.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You''re the one claiming people who believe in God are liars, delusional, or have no reason to. The burden of proof is on you.

I am not claiming proof of God, nor do I care to prove there is a God to you. Just because you have no reason to believe in God doesn't mean other people have no reason to believe in God. I have a reason to believe in God, which is I know there is a God. Just because you have no evidence to believe in something doesn't mean other people do not have evidence to make them believe. I have evidence, but the evidence I asked for and received is subjective in nature, so it wouldn't move you. And why are people who have encounters with things you don't believe in delusional? Just because you say so? Good luck proving that all are delusional.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I have invisible cavemen friends. Do you believe me? I can fly when no-ones looking, believe me? Well i'm right because you can't prove me wrong.

There's no reasoning with a theist because they don't understand what an unfalsifiable hypothesis is.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's an interesting passage from the book The Holotropic Mind - The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives by Stanislav Grof, M.D. with Hal Zina Bennett:

I see consciousness and the human psyche as expressions and reflections of a cosmic intelligence that permeates the entire universe and all of existence. We are not just highly evolved animals with biological computers embedded inside our skulls; we are also fields of consciousness without limits, transcending time, space, matter, and linear causality.

Sounds reasonable to me!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
God has a religion and I am both willing and able to BET MY LIFE ON IT.

I do not have transcending illusions of overinflated self importance.

God created the universe and all that is in it.

He is only angry with humans who willfully disobey His will.

His sovereign will is permeated through nature and discovered via science.

His moral will is inscribed on my heart and discovered via listening to my conscience.

Man has Gods moral will (His religion) written on their heart. There will be lots of people who do not find and follow the narrow path.

Not one of many different paths, not one out of a selection of fifty paths, but ONE path.

So yes God does have a religion, and Gods religion was only perfectly followed by one and only one man on earth, and that man was Jesus Christ.

I follow the example of Jesus Christ as best as I will and able.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

So yes God does have a religion, and Gods religion was only perfectly followed by one and only one man on earth, and that man was Jesus Christ.

I follow the example of Jesus Christ as best as I will and able.

Would you know about Jesus if you had not been taught by man?

If you had been born in a Muslim country - where Islam is taught - would you still be Christian?

Fair questions.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I would have Gods moral will written on my conscience.

Because I am born at a time or in a country where I do not have access to the written, on paper, life history of Jesus Christ, then I am ignorant of His existence on earth.

There is a verse in the Bible we studied in Church this last week that addressed this very same subject.

The truth gleaned from the study was summarized thus:

To the man/woman who has much, much will be expected and required.
To the man/woman who has little, little will be expected and required.

This is the reason that my church sends out some of its members to China, India, Africa, Russia, South America and other places in the world to share the news of Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Here's an interesting passage from the book The Holotropic Mind - The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives by Stanislav Grof, M.D. with Hal Zina Bennett:

I see consciousness and the human psyche as expressions and reflections of a cosmic intelligence that permeates the entire universe and all of existence. We are not just highly evolved animals with biological computers embedded inside our skulls; we are also fields of consciousness without limits, transcending time, space, matter, and linear causality.

Sounds reasonable to me!

Yes, we are Infinite Rays of Light, and only a sliver of self in this form, really but we connect to ourselves. The way is within, to seek within, not without.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join