It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I didn't figure this out myself. I heard Stewart Swerdlow say it a few years ago. When I heard it, a light bulb went off in my head. I thought to myself, "That's it! That makes sense."

God also does not have gender. God is an "it."

Coming to these conclusions has liberated me quite a bit. Life loses much of its complexity after eliminating the confusion and division and hierarchy created by organized religion.

Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God - which I think of as the universal life force connecting all that is.

Organized religion is part of the problem we face on earth - not the solution. I think that many of the endless arguments people have where they're just spinning their wheels and getting absolutely nowhere in solving problems - is caused by people defending their religion.

We don't need organized, man-made religion. We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Mary Rose]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I agree!

People get too caught up in their religion that they forget about God. They think that their good works alone will get them to heaven. Not the case!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

I also don't believe in heaven and hell.

When I was a child, I used to worry about people going to hell. I made sure I and my younger siblings, whom I felt responsible for, got baptized - hoping that this would protect us!! Now, I see this as unnecessary.

I'm not sure about reincarnation. I guess it's true.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The whole truth of the matter is that NOBODY knows if "God" is a he, she, or it or if "God" even exists.

Of course we have the mentally ill who will come on here and state their deluded claim that "God" almighty or his magical son is real because these magical imaginary friends personally come and talk to them once in a while, but anyone with any sense knows that such claims are the result of extreme mental issues that require immediant professional help ASAP.

NOBODY knows the answers, and religion is certainly a PATHETIC, IRRATIONAL, FICTIONAL man-made bunch of NONSENSE that only confuses the issue even further.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Perhaps, but He still has rules.

Most organised religion is a curse. Sometimes, when groups follow the rules, it is possible to get it right. Just not very often.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Perhaps, but He still has rules.

You disagree with me about God not having a gender?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I never said I didn't believe in heaven and hell. I was only saying how people think more of their religion than they do of God.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by prophecywatcher]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Lord God was the one who created religion. And Lord God is not Thee God.

Lord God was a vision Moses talked to and listened to and that is all Moses can claim. Moses cant prove that it was actually God he was communicating with.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I figure if "god " created everything, like wise if he wanted religion he would have created one..

This notion that a supreme being who can do anything needs people to speak to me for him is ludicris...and insulting...and expensive...

Funny, the rest of the animal kingdom knows what the rules are, man is the only one with the hubris to make them up for himself, which is why they say: "Pride goeth before the fall"...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
But not believing in heaven and hell could be a dangerous thing. If it exists, believing could keep you out of it. In my opinion, its better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
But not believing in heaven and hell could be a dangerous thing. If it exists, believing could keep you out of it. In my opinion, its better to be safe than sorry.

You let me know how worrying did for you in this life
"i'll smile with the sinners"

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Amen to that! I have studied a few religions and attended Mass in many different churches. I think I know now why they call it Mass=Masses of people I guess.

Most of them left me with a feeling of personal guilt and shame. Quite a few of them were out for larger donations than they had been getting and were very up front about it. One or two had cult like rules, that if you followed you would be superior to any one else in any other religion. One of them even promised that "THIS" is the only way you will have a chance live forever with your whole extended family in the "Promise Land"

I took away what I felt was just and honorable from each one and arrived with my own religion. One of peace and quiet, one that I don't wait until Sunday to fully appreciate.

My own Mass 24/7, where is it? It's in my heart and my back yard or while I am at work, where clean living is boundless and acts common courtesy fill my soul.

I guess what I am trying to say is in my case it was hard to see the view without first climbing the mountain.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Re-reading my post, I see it could be interpreted that "also" meant that I was referring to what you had said! That's not what I meant. "Also" meant in addition to the opinions I had expressed in my OP.

I thought that you were saying that you do believe in heaven and hell.

Do you?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

How do the Hindu and Buddhist religions fit in?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
Of course we have the mentally ill who will come on here and state their deluded claim that "God" almighty or his magical son is real because these magical imaginary friends personally come and talk to them once in a while, but anyone with any sense knows that such claims are the result of extreme mental issues that require immediant professional help ASAP.

NOBODY knows the answers, and religion is certainly a PATHETIC, IRRATIONAL, FICTIONAL man-made bunch of NONSENSE that only confuses the issue even further.

So, people of faith are mentally ill? They are pathetic and irrational? Your prejudice and bigotry are quite clear there, so I'm wondering how you have the stones to include this:

These brainwashed cult members filled with arrogance, delusion, hate, and rage are clearly capable of great harm

in your signature, when it is you that so clearly displays arrogance, delusion, hate and rage with your prejudice and bigotry?

All too many "angry atheists" seem tainted with a fair amount of cruelty to go with their rage, but even the worst fundamentalist "hellfire and damnation" types that I've run across seem to lack that bit of finding pleasure in the belittlement of others.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
God should only be bothered in your own time. Otherwise God becomes a tool.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Congrats for figuring out one of the truths in life. Commonsense would tell one that "God" has no religion. If it were true, then the different sects in religion could be said to be a souce of conflict intentioned by God. The main issue here is that people are completely at sea about the concept of God. Dont forget that before the bible, people still mentioned God. My own position is that it is impossible to know what God is, though we are told by christianity that he created us in his own image. No one has come with an explanation of what this means. If God created he, she and it, he can be none of them. As an aside, what have you done now to counter your baptism? I hear atheists are using hair dryer to undo it. You can get some for less than $7.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by pro-all]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
God should only be bothered in your own time.

I don't understand what this means. What do you mean by "bothered"?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pro-all
As an aside, what have you done now to counter your baptism? I hear atheists are using hair dryer to undo it. You can get some for less than $7.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!! I needed that!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
now, people hear me...i know it seems worldly is the best view but....
someone created all this that we see. does that sink in? otherwise, you're saying we are a figment of our own mind and we are not really here!....so, thats right out, we are here so someone created this reality....we have a creator
now lets be sure to not worship or seek the creation, but to commune with the creator, lest it get mad at us for not remembering it.

now the kicker....the punch line....the creator left us help in our search for him...or it....it's that literary miracle of a masterpiece...full of direction and help....supernatural reading....which says , if one reads it, ....we will find Him when we stop being full of ourself and go after Him with all our energy.
the mechanics of it work like this....we get tired of this world's monotony and boredom....tired of our lonely heart, tired of the evil and pain in this world, and decide to surrender to let Him prove He will supernaturally take over and make good things happen and comfort us as if by majic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join