It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Annee

I would have Gods moral will written on my conscience.

Thank you - nice response.

I think it is natural for man to ask "what is my purpose - why am I here". But - I'm not sure I would agree god is a natural belief.

Possibly a Nurture/Nature debate.

I believe one can be taught compassion for their fellow man - out of a social need without an outside force.

But this is not a thread to debate you - - whether there is a god or not.

So Peace & Love.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by 547000

I have invisible cavemen friends. Do you believe me? I can fly when no-ones looking, believe me? Well i'm right because you can't prove me wrong.

There's no reasoning with a theist because they don't understand what an unfalsifiable hypothesis is.

If you believe that I'll have to respect your beliefs though I don't believe it. You're free to believe that and I won't call you names.

There's no reasoning with an anti-theist because they don't understand what respect is.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

There's no reasoning with an anti-theist because they don't understand what respect is.

I just respected Slugger up thread. That respect thing works both ways.

I can't even repeat some of the names I've been called by Theists. So don't get all self righteous.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
In his book Blue Blood, True Blood - Conflict & Creation, Stewart Swerdlow states in the Preface:

As far as the history of this planet is concerned, you can consider that everything you ever learned is a complete lie.
One of the lies is regarding technology - there has been previous advanced technology on earth and elsewhere.

Swerdlow also states in the Preface:

My information comes from my Montauk Project indoctrinations, experiences, conversations with scientists involved in Illuminati programs, communications with alien and interdimensional beings whom I met at various government projects, and through the probing of my own Oversoul.

In Blue Blood there is tons of information about galactic history, aliens, and extraterrestrials (he makes a distinction between aliens and extraterrestrials). And he writes about hybrid Draco Reptilians who are dominating earth - the Illuminati.

Concerning the Christ figure, Swerdlow says that the name "Christ" was added later, that the historical figure was actually "Emmanuel," who was the result of an implanted fetus. This event is presented within the context of the struggle between the Lyraneans (humanoids) and Reptilians within the galaxy.

Swerdlow says Emmanuel was removed from his mother and taken to the Great Pyramid on the Giza Plateau. Stewart writes:

Here, he was taught ancient Lyraen/Atlantean/Egyptian principles for twenty years.

Also in the book, and in his daily "Illuminati News," which I recommend that people read, Stewart writes about the Illuminati's plans to stage an alien invasion and introduce their New World Religion centering around a Second Coming of Christ (using a cloned Christ) in order to complete their quest to totally subjugate us.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

basic human nature is selfish and requires external discipline and assistance to tame and form.

Nature yields narcissism.

Proper Nurture yields compassion with conscience.

The external influence comes from parental figures.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

i.e. Not God.

And btw, i heard someone mentioned respect. Should i respect those who are homophobic, prejiduce against women, and damn right irrational and claim it as "good" or "right" or morally acceptable just because "God" said so.

I don't respect people who are homophobic and then justify it with no other reason than "God said so"

No thanks, childish and retarded, no respect earned, so no respect given.

This man feels the same: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

That was put very well, and don't respect that abuse of Love and dictorial control that shows the political agenda of the religions, puts the authorship into the hands of ancient human governance and not much about the Divine.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, agreed.

Religion gives good people the right to do bad things in the name of their God. Be homophobic, indoctrinate children, tell people that they deserve respect....Well no, i'm sorry i won't stand for that.

Granted it gives people reason to do good also, but why should you need to be forced into a false belief system in order to show common human decency?

Sick to death of these ancient moral values and pseudo-science and philosophy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by 547000

I just respected Slugger up thread. That respect thing works both ways.

I can't even repeat some of the names I've been called by Theists. So don't get all self righteous.

Well, some theists don't have respect, so don't call me self-righteous.

But being called delusional or a liar is not respect.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, agreed.

Religion gives good people the right to do bad things in the name of their God. Be homophobic, indoctrinate children, tell people that they deserve respect....Well no, i'm sorry i won't stand for that.

Granted it gives people reason to do good also, but why should you need to be forced into a false belief system in order to show common human decency?

Sick to death of these ancient moral values and pseudo-science and philosophy.

False belief system? I suppose you know there is no God if you're so sure all beliefs are false. How about just fessing up and say you don't believe, rather than say anyone who doesn't share your belief is a liar or delusional?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

so God is a homophobic and someone who believes in women being treat less than a man?

Even if he does exist, how could people know that these are his beliefs?

This is because they are made up, incase you havn't noticed a lot of the BULL morales that exist in Islam, Juduism and Christianity have been abolished in western democratic society.

People thought being homophobic or racist was retarded, unreasonable, people thought slavery had to be abolished. I stand up for my fellow humans, i care.

If we were still living by the scriptures and the state was run by the church there would be no chance of opposing these ancient morales.

Lets get this straight because you keep bringing it back up.

You cannot prove God exists, you cannot prove he doesn't. You cannot prove invisible unicorns exist, you can't prove they do not.

That's because its an unfalsifiable hypothesis.

The Christian religion, the Islamic religion, the Juduaic religion, Zeus, Horus, Ra can all be falsified as they claim to KNOW God and KNOW his thoughts.

Lets get that straight, this is why i don't like theists.

Do you see my debating a Deist? No you don't because they arn't using the supernatural or their belief in God to opress people with rules made by man, not god.

Now please, listen before posting claiming that i am a horrible guy. You don't know me and you don't know what i stand for.

If i disrespected peace, homosexuals, women, and told lies to people, i would understand why you resent me.

I don't think religion deserves respect for the same reason i don't think Nazism deserves respect. Now please grow up and listen to what i am saying.

I don't respect theism, it claims to have the theory of God, when it's impossible and in terms of philosophy, it is FALSIFIABLE. It can be proved wrong, and with ease.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

basic human nature is selfish and requires external discipline and assistance to tame and form.

Nature yields narcissism.

Proper Nurture yields compassion with conscience.

The external influence comes from parental figures.

Completely agree - - as I am now the grandmother of three - - and have been very instrumental in helping raise them.

You see - a believer and non-believer can agree on whats truly important.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If you call religion proper "nurture" then i would agree.

Nuture doesn't have to come from the belief in a universal master.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

so God is a homophobic and someone who believes in women being treat less than a man?

No he isn't.

Even if he does exist, how could people know that these are his beliefs?

By asking him and waiting for a reply.

This is because they are made up, incase you havn't noticed a lot of the BULL morales that exist in Islam, Juduism and Christianity have been abolished in western democratic society.

Prove the bolded, since you know it all. Oh wait, you can't, you only have a belief it's all made up.

And anyway Jesus did say that the laws of men are not God's laws. The law is love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself. And maybe stay away from idols, not excluding crosses and the statues of Jesus.

People thought being homophobic or racist was retarded, unreasonable, people thought slavery had to be abolished. I stand up for my fellow humans, i care.
Yes, because all theists believe in the mosiac laws amirite?

If we were still living by the scriptures and the state was run by the church there would be no chance of opposing these ancient morales.
OK

Lets get this straight because you keep bringing it back up.

You cannot prove God exists, you cannot prove he doesn't. You cannot prove invisible unicorns exist, you can't prove they do not.
Yes. Does not being able to disprove invisible unicorns disturb you that much?

That's because its an unfalsifiable hypothesis.
Good, I know that, but that doesn't mean it can't be true, as you so boldly state. In fact, I have personal evidence that tells me otherwise.

The Christian religion, the Islamic religion, the Juduaic religion, Zeus, Horus, Ra can all be falsified as they claim to KNOW God and KNOW his thoughts.
And what if they all know God and know some of his thoughts? What are you going to do about it?

Lets get that straight, this is why i don't like theists.

Do you see my debating a Deist? No you don't because they arn't using the supernatural or their belief in God to opress people with rules made by man, not god.

Yes, because all theists do the same, amirite?

Now please, listen before posting claiming that i am a horrible guy. You don't know me and you don't know what i stand for.

If i disrespected peace, homosexuals, women, and told lies to people, i would understand why you resent me.
You disrespect people who believe in something you don't, which is why I resent you. You make up silly claims you believe, present it as absolute truth, and call people who don't believe what you believe names. For someone who hates religion for the very same reasons, you sure do emulate them a lot.

I don't think religion deserves respect for the same reason i don't think Nazism deserves respect. Now please grow up and listen to what i am saying.

I didn't tell you to respect religion. I told you to respect people. Grow up and understand what I'm saying.

I don't respect theism, it claims to have the theory of God, when it's impossible and in terms of philosophy, it is FALSIFIABLE. It can be proved wrong, and with ease.
Why is it impossible? Because you say so?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

If you call religion proper "nurture" then i would agree.

Nuture doesn't have to come from the belief in a universal master.

Nurture comes from the nurturer. The "tools" the nurturer uses can vary.

I don't find presenting or believing in an external force necessarily bad. But with all things it comes with Responsibility.

"With Great Power comes Great Responsibility" - - - there is no greater power then being a parent.

I am a big believer in teaching a child to have an Open Mind and encouraging them to find their own path.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annie,
The problem with having an "open mind"
is that a majority of people have such an open mind that their brains have fallen out.

You do no begin teaching a child about open mindedness until they have a grasp of their conscience and logical reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annie,
The problem with having an "open mind"
is that a majority of people have such an open mind that their brains have fallen out.

You do no begin teaching a child about open mindedness until they have a grasp of their conscience and logical reason.

I've raised two of my own - on my own - - and am now working on the third grandchild. (his father died of Leukemia before he was a month old).

I always say "you have to raise a child from the inside out" - - because every child is different. You try to recognize their strengths and weaknesses - - then you try to get them to recognize their strengths and weaknesses.

I encourage my 2 1/2 year old grandson to be open minded in play. To run free - just to run. We have a "kick the furniture" house. It is his domain. But I also take him out places to learn each place has its boundaries. Oh - you can do a lot with a 2 year old.

The only person anyone ever has to live with is: Themself.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

sorry about the death of your grandsons father.

even in play, with an open mind, a child that age with too open of a mind, will get in dangerous situations. For instance he does not play with electrical things, does not play with knives, put small objects in his mouth, bite people, hit people, spit on people. these rules or moral strictures on his behavior came from outside of himself. he lacks the ability to reason and make reasonable sound judgments and decisions so someone makes them for him. he can subordinate his will either peacefully or reluctantly, but he will bend his will to obedience.

Same with the moral rules God writes on our conscience. we will, when we have the faculty of reason coupled with free will and governed by conscience eventually obey him in the here or the hereafter.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
. . . The Holotropic Mind - The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives by Stanislav Grof, M.D. . . .

Here is a video of Stanislav Grof talking about organized religion. Warning: at the end of the video there is some distracting noise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Holotropic" means moving toward wholeness - from Greek "holos," whole and "trepein," moving in the direction of something.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was studying this from a Catholic teacher in 1980. what else is knew.

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (French pronunciation: [pjɛʁ tejaʁ də ʃaʁdɛ̃]; May 1, 1881 – April 10, 1955) was a French philosopher and Jesuit priest who trained as a paleontologist and geologist and took part in the discovery of Peking Man. Teilhard conceived the idea of the Omega Point and developed Vladimir Vernadsky's concept of Noosphere. Some of his ideas came into conflict with officals in the hierarchy of the Catholic Church and several of his books were censured.

Teilhard's primary book, The Phenomenon of Man, set forth a sweeping account of the unfolding of the cosmos. He abandoned traditional interpretations of creation in the Book of Genesis in favor of a less strict interpretation. This displeased certain officials in the Roman Curia and in his own order who thought that it undermined the doctrine of original sin developed by Saint Augustine. Teilhard's position was opposed by his Church superiors, and some of his work was denied publication during his lifetime by the Roman Holy Office. The 1950 encyclical Humani generis condemned several of Teilhard's opinions, while leaving other questions open. More recently, Pope John Paul II indicated a positive attitude towards some of de Chardin's ideas. In 2009, Pope Benedict XVI praised Teilhard's idea of the universe as a "living host"[1] although the ecclesiastical warnings attached to his works remain.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join