It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by spy66

Well, tons of people have interacted with God, you just don't happen to believe any of them. When you can't perceive what others can you call them delusional and/or liars. It's not the same as calling yourself delusional, since you don't know what they know. For all you know God is knowable but you just don't know anything about him yourself.

Just ask your self.

If you heard a voice in your head that told you He was God. Would you believe God was talking to you?

If you saw a light in front of you, and it told you he was God. Would you believe it?

Not at first. But if shows consistency over various conditions/tests then I would.

If you do believe it would that make you a liar? Definitely deluded? He clearly said those who claim to know are liars.

Well it depends on your qualifications. How well do you know God?

Have you asked your self that question? Do you know God that good that you can without doubt claim it was thee God?

If i was to make a guess. Proving God would not be in what he speaks. But in how he makes you feel.

I don't know God very well, but I know of Him, and that he is a) light, b) love.

If that is not God, then more than one spirit exists, that has angelic qualities or qualities most people would associate with divinity. I am assuming when I enquired into God's nature, the feeling I got back was His nature.

I'm not claiming to prove Him, but claiming to know of one or two aspects of His nature.

Yes, there exist another spirit besides God that we can not see. We know him by the popular name,,,, Satan.

Satan is both good and evil. He is the tree of knowledge, of good and bad.
He planted his garden eastwards in Eden and created a whole bunch of things there.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by 547000

I never personally understood love by what you mean. Because love is just an emotional feeling.

Yes it is good and all, but even the Greeks did not use it like us. They had something like 3 different words for what we regard as love. I feel as if it is good and important and all, and it's part of my faith. But really, at the end of the day, it's just electricity at a certain part of the brain.

reply to post by awake_and_aware

Good lord. Only children have to have the last word. Go ahead if you must.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Gorman91]

The love I felt was unlike any love I ever felt in this world. It was total acceptance, forgiveness, bliss, and ecstasy. It's like in that state you would happily forgive a guy who tortured you to death. It was simply amazing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I don't know about that. I mean yea, he exists. But he's not some god. At most he's a voice without a body. The dream I had that I mentioned something like a page ago had a part where I had no body. It is an odd experience to have no eyes, no mouth, no nose, nor anything to receive input from. I'd say it was the most frightening feeling ever but at the same time the most peaceful. No input but thought.

That would be what I'd imagine Satan is. A bodiless entity that drifts from here to there with the purpose of deception and division from God.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But really, at the end of the day, it's just electricity at a certain part of the brain.

Yes - exactly. Emotions and chemical (or whatever) reactions are internal - - not external.

We can only react. Or something like that - as my brain is not fully awake yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I've done that. I've forgiven bullies in high school. I've accepted what they were doing and gave them back nothing but a stoic response of not caring.

But it was not some great movement. I suppose yea, you have to be on the receiving end. In order to defeat an enemy you can only be the very best of humanity or the very worst. I chose the best. But to give it only was to make me know I was better.

I've been on the receiving end maybe a few times. It did feel great, but I would not call it that special. It's just the nature of God. It's not surprising, but rather reliving and thankful.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

. . . I had no body. It is an odd experience to have no eyes, no mouth, no nose, nor anything to receive input from.

Oh I do that all the time - pop out of my body.

One time it happened while driving down the 405 freeway - scary.

Another time I was counting out change for a customer - all of a sudden I couldn't see my hands or the money - forced myself back into the physical body.

Oh - - and I receive "messages" by absorbing them like a sponge. Ya kind of "feel words" - - not hear them.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

. . . I had no body. It is an odd experience to have no eyes, no mouth, no nose, nor anything to receive input from.

Oh I do that all the time - pop out of my body.

One time it happened while driving down the 405 freeway - scary.

Another time I was counting out change for a customer - all of a sudden I couldn't see my hands or the money - forced myself back into the physical body.

That sounds mighty interesting. I keep trying to induce OBEs but keep on failing. You're very lucky to have that.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't mean pop out of your body. If you want to ignore it being possible or not and just assume it is (which I don't know so I can't speak), but this was different. I've only once "popped" out like what you are saying, and I could still see myself. What happened in that dream was total disconnection. No sight, smell, taste, or anything. No body. Just thought. I can't say what or how it was, but it is not what you are talking about. Try to imagine feeling nothing. Having absolutely no inputs from anything. It is not exactly easy to imagine.

I can do more than react. But it is odd, for I can only do else wise when I know I have to. If I think I'm talking about what you are, do you mean being able to output things? Because I started a post a while back about something like that. Some people told me it was chi or something. As a Christian I really have no idea. All I know is I don't feel fear that often anymore. And that's not exactly a good thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Personally i think we should be very careful of how we interpret our personal experiences, and tell the public. We have no authority to claim its from either God or Satan.

God has never shown him self to any of us. Neither have Satan. There are ancient people who claim God has appeared before them. The fact of the matter is, It is their claim and words we have faith in. Because they have nothing to relate their experiences with to prove their claim. They saw a light and it spoke to them. But who spoke to them is very open. It could have been either God or Satan.

Probably Satan, if you observe the world we have made for our self, based on their beliefs.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That discussion inherently expands into what is God. That is where we are. You've created a thread that inheritable will not stay on topic, but rather expand to many related topics in order to reach consensus of the topic you started.

I disagree. I think you're stretching the point of this thread.

God/God-Mind not being found in organized religion is really a thread about organized religion - its hierarchy and its control over the psyche of humans - not whether or not there is a God/God-Mind or scientifically how the universe got here.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

www.youtube.com...

Its not a hard thing to understand that all man-made religions are falsifiable, The belief in existence of God, is an unfalsifiable hypothesis, we can not know, we may never know.

Strong or positive atheism is the stance that God is an unnessary assumption in the first place, and does not not believe God exists or should be assumed to exist.

[edit on 8/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Well supposedly in the bible they talked and saw him, then all of the sudden a bit before Jesus, God was like "screw it" and was never seen again after Jesus.

It is interesting though. You are right. There has not been one really serious claim of seeing God's face since a bit before Jesus.

It's religion. Everything is involved.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No, it's organized religion. Please re-read the OP. I make it clear as day the issue I'm raising in this thread. This should not be a free-for-all to discuss everything under the sun.

Let's please get back on-topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I really don't think religion can not be organized. It's basically like the federalist papers 10

and from the influence of these on the sentiments and views of the respective proprietors, ensues a division of the society into different interests and parties.

People inherently organize. It's our nature.

And for that matter, nothing is off topic, because people want to define that organization as something.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I don't mean pop out of your body. If you want to ignore it being possible or not and just assume it is (which I don't know so I can't speak), but this was different. I've only once "popped" out like what you are saying, and I could still see myself. This was total disconnection. No sight, smell, taste, or anything. No body. Just thought. I can't say what or how it was, but it is not what you are talking about. Try to imagine feeling nothing. Having absolutely no inputs from anything. It is not exactly easy to imagine.

I've done both. Just born that way. Also gone invisible a couple times and other "fun stuff".

I am not a Christian by choice - even though I was assimilated into that belief as a child - - it never made any sense to me.

I do believe in "watchers" - - benevolent evolved off planet beings - - that make contact periodically trying to help human evolve beyond their animal state. So if I believe in Jesus - - it would be in this context. (I'm sure there are also non-benevolent off planet beings as well).

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

No, it's organized religion. Please re-read the OP. I make it clear as day the issue I'm raising in this thread. This should not be a free-for-all to discuss everything under the sun.

Right. In my opinion RELIGION is definitely man-made. For purpose of control - especially political control.

It is based on Fear. Those who continue to claim anything related to organized religion is about Love - are delusional.

I do not believe in a god - in the god sense. I do believe in Energy - that all is Energy.

If there is an Energy Force - it is affected by thought - as thought is energy.

Keeping in Positive thought creates harmony.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

LoL, I've tried to warn you before the subject you're picking is too broad.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree.

God didn't make man in his image...

Man made God in his image, his image appears to be homophobic, absolutist, tyranous, jelous and unmerciful.

Say the earth was created, AT A MINIMUM, of 100,000 years ago, God waits over 95,000 years before he introduces a savior to human kind, only to sacrifice him. Why wait that long? If you are so omnipotent, why would you need to kill your own son to help mankind?

Gorman claims to believe in science and logic and still believe's in the illogical.

Again, Man made religions are falsifiable, The belief in a God without strings attached is unfalsifiable.

[edit on 8/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Right. In my opinion RELIGION is definitely man-made. For purpose of control - especially political control.

Ok. Since a lot of holy book's stories can't be proven. How about you explain to me with logic how on earth, a shepherd and a nomad who live far away, who never read a bible before, never know how to read and write neither roman text nor jewish text, can suddenly describe events in the Bible in full details?

Edit: I forget to add. There's no internet at that age.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow

Ok. Since a lot of holy book's stories can't be proven. How about you explain to me with logic how on earth, a shepherd and a nomad who live far away, who never read a bible before, never know how to read and write neither roman text nor jewish text, can suddenly describe events in the Bible in full details?

I did explain in a previous post: I am not a Christian by choice - even though I was assimilated into that belief as a child - - it never made any sense to me.

I do believe in "watchers" - - benevolent evolved off planet beings - - that make contact periodically trying to help human evolve beyond their animal state. So if I believe in Jesus - - it would be in this context. (I'm sure there are also non-benevolent off planet beings as well).

ALSO: as in Historical novels today - - you will find real history facts and events - - along with the fictional characters and storyline.
--------------------------------------

You explain to me why there are similar (near identical) stories in every part of the world - - many dating thousands of years before the Jesus story.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join