It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Equinox99

Genesis flat out says that the fallen angels are out there and survived the flood. But as to how it is not clear. Did they leave the planet? Were they aliens? Were they on the boat? Who knows. They survived.

reply to post by tunist

I've seen proof. I know he exists. But that is not quantifiable nor observable. There is no direct observable scientifically backed proof that God exists or does not.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

Your "proof" is NO DIFFERENT than a person who hears the voice of god commanding him to kill others.

Your "proof" is NO DIFFERENT than terrorists who "feel Alah's presence" commanding them to fly planes in the buildings.

Your "proof" is not proof, and I bet you know it, but are afraid to admit it or realize it.

But please - I'm all ears.

And how can people say that a feeling is god? I don't get that crap. That's the kind of crap that has people killing others.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by impaired

Not really. He deals with people properly. Barbarians are destroyed like animals because they act like animals. Civilized people like Egypt are dealt more patiently with and in a civilized manner. And mighty nations like Rome whose' beliefs like the Stoics that are very similar to the true word of God he takes extreme mercy on and in fact helps.

That seems pretty just to me. You are treated how you act.

But nothing about little children getting murdered, or innocent people dying horrible deaths... Oh wait - it's "God's will".

Your god is one choosy dude - playing favorites and all.

And I like how you talk about god like you know for a fact what IT is all about.

Just more circular logic going back to the bible. Makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No, feelings are no different. They are a feeling generated from electro-chemical reactions.

So I'm not afraid to admit it.

It's common sense, really. God wouldn't tell you to go and kill a bunch of innocent people. But he would tell you to go get rid of rabid humans who are barbarians and evil.

God says he would spare a place but for a few good people. But when a place has no good people, if it gets destroyed, nothing wrong is done. When a raping barbarian dies, no one cares because it is good. When an innocent child dies, people care, because it is evil.

So use some common sense. I'm not killing a bunch of people. So that's how it is different.

If you don't understand the feeling I am talking about, you should read my thread here. Many feel it, many can produce it, many cannot. You can't apparently. Sorry for you. That doesn't make everyone else wrong.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well actually if you are perchance talking about the children killed by bares, they were not children. They were a gang of youths. IE, like the "bros from the hood" that would kill someone from an Ipod.

When people get what's coming to them in the name of the lord, there's no evil in that. I trust they had adequate time to change their ways. That's life.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

About the only thing I find I can agree with you on is the title of the post. The rest seems to be "I believe this" or "I don't believe that", with no foundation whatsoever. So, you have thus remade God in your image. Quite a feet, I'd say.

Believe what you will. Because God gave you that will. God does not have a fsvorite denomination. He did leave us His Word. Believe itt or don't at your own peril. In the end, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Well I am a fundamentalist. And I believe science is right. Aliens did not seed the Earth. The Toba event caused a wild abyss and destruction, and out of it, Genesis occurred.

Anyway, talk to me whenever you want to via PM about these things. I'm always open to do so. But like I said, there's no evidence confirming without a doubt God exists. That said, I've seen my miracles and my fair share of proof and talks with God. So I'm perfectly fine and dandy in believing in Christ as my lord. I'm lucky I guess. But at the end of the day my proof is in the machine that is the universe. What is produced from it is the natural outcome of that machine made by a grand creator.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You atheist's have your little party!

Obnoxious, defines you.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

God Doesn't Have a Religion:

If you believe computers communicate without protocols then you are correct, other wise you are just pushing for idea that we are here for no reason.

I believe we are here for a reason.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Op you're absolutely right on! Religion is the root of all conflicts in this world. Religions choose what they preach and believe they know all the answers when really nobody in this world knows crap. Don't tell me I'm going to hell unless you've died and experienced the afterlife. It's ridiculous when governments and people of faith think God is on their side when they wage war. (Isn't I shall not kill one of the 10 commandments?)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by spy66

How do the Hindu and Buddhist religions fit in?

Congratulations on your search! Very brave of you to declare that god has no religion.

I will put my two cents in regards to Buddhism and god.
Although there are many gods and goddesses in Buddhist world view, no one god is of any particular importance. The Buddha discouraged his disciples to engage in speculations about the existence of god.

That being said, there is a certain sutra or discourse where it deals with divinity and gender.

It takes place in a house of someone called Vimalakirti where the Buddha and his students were staying. Then a certain goddess (they don't give a name!) who resided in this house made herself visible (materialized) and a dialog with one of Buddha's students, Sariputra, follows. Sariputra is delighted by her wisdom and eloquence and asks her why hasn't she changed out of her female form. (There was the attitude that in order to become enlightened, women first have to take birth as men in order to do that, so it wasn't impolite he was acting according to the times.)
Then the goddess turned Sariputra into the goddess and transformed herself into Sariputra and asked him, who now appeared in the form of the goddess, to transform himself "out of his female nature", to which he replied, "I do not know what to transform".

The idea being that the nature of mind is the same for males of females. It is the body that changes and form is transitory.

The full story can be found here. The scene with the goddess starts on the bottom of page 58, you have to scroll up a little bit for the beginning of the dialog.

I hope this is helpful.

Edit to correct the hyperlink and put thumbs up.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by tungus]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While I am an atheist, I find all these anti-religious rants rather boring, annoying and disrespectful. I think it's pretty obvious that Religion is people worshiping God, Gods or deciples of some kind, and no one thinks "God" worships him/herself, nor does it say anywhere that "God" is religious. This line of thought is about as deep as an outhouse.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The "Violin" Idea of Creation/Creator

MATTER is the Violin

ANTI-MATTER is the "playing" of the violin strings

CONSCIOUSNESS/LIFE is the "music"

Each of us is a musical "note" in that song

CREATOR/CREATION is the Master Violinist.

WE - Creator/Co-Creators are the "theme" of the musical master piece.

I think that's how my mother put it....

Jedi

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

About the only thing I find I can agree with you on is the title of the post. The rest seems to be "I believe this" or "I don't believe that", with no foundation whatsoever. So, you have thus remade God in your image. Quite a feet, I'd say.

Believe what you will. Because God gave you that will. God does not have a fsvorite denomination. He did leave us His Word. Believe itt or don't at your own peril. In the end, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Sister Mary Rose has decided to post this thread to begin her own Religion.

Her first and, apparently, only act is to chop off the testicles and penis of the Abrahamic God...

She's just the latest in a long line of apostates.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
reply to post by Phenomium

A point of awareness in Infinity which paradoxically that Infinity can only know itself in finite continuums, thus it seeks to know itself indefinitely just as a question is answered another question is created as we do now - a microcosm of the macrocosm.

The Creator does not properly create as much as it experiences itself.

Now you just sound like an excommunicated budahist.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Earth Jedi

Very good way of putting it indeed, makes it easier to understand.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by 11118
reply to post by Phenomium

A point of awareness in Infinity which paradoxically that Infinity can only know itself in finite continuums, thus it seeks to know itself indefinitely just as a question is answered another question is created as we do now - a microcosm of the macrocosm.

The Creator does not properly create as much as it experiences itself.

Now you just sound like an excommunicated budahist.

Thank you for the intelligent response.

The conversation could continue onward with given insights of each others perspectives for a better overall understanding for each ourselves, but name calling is your choice of course and you're absolutely free to do as you please.

Namaste!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by 11118]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I also agree that God doesnt have a religion. May I ask why you believe in God but not Heaven? Do you believe in Satan? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I figure if "god " created everything, like wise if he wanted religion he would have created one..

This notion that a supreme being who can do anything needs people to speak to me for him is ludacris...and insulting...and expensive...

Funny, the rest of the animal kingdom knows what the rules are, man is the only one with the hubris to make them up for himself, which is why they say: "Pride goeth before the fall"...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Dan Bones]
This is the exact way I feel about religion it's like we were thinking the same thing. Just kinda strange!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Lord God was the one who created religion. And Lord God is not Thee God.

Lord God was a vision Moses talked to and listened to and that is all Moses can claim. Moses cant prove that it was actually God he was communicating with.

In your post you assert that all the Lord God is is a ''vision'' that Moses talked to and listened to and that is all he can claim.Moses can speak for himself as can the LORD GOD:The Second Book Of Moses Called Exodus 3:4-6 ''When the Lord saw that he turned aside to look God called to him from the midst of the bush and said Moses Moses and he said Here I Am.Then he said do not come near here remove your sandals from your feet for the place on which you are standing is holy ground. He said also I AM the God of your fathers the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob.Then Moses hid his face for he was afraid to look at God''.Apparently God talked to Moses straight out of a burning bush.Pretty amazing huh?God didnt create religion.Man created religion.God created faith.They are different.Also Moses wasnt the only one to have these ''visions'' read exodus chapter 19. So unless millions of people were experienceing the exact same delusional visions at the exact same time in the exact same place im pretty darn sure that Moses wasnt hallucinating.As to whether or not Moses can prove that it was God he was communicating with, scripture give many definitions as to who and what God is and as far as i can tell it was God the Creator and Maker of everything that he was communicating with.After all God himself said so.''And the Lord God said to Moses''........ Now as to whether or not the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob and Moses is the ''Lord God'' you are reffering to in your post i cant say only you can. Spy66 i ask you what is your definition of God.Is the God you refer to the biblical one. Who or what is your god?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Interesting thread and one that both inspires and frustrates. To me, the question is one centered on Being/Existence/Consciousness. For some of us, due to our spiritual path, we fully believe we existed before entering this body we currently occupy and therefore, when this body no longer functions, our True Being will leave and go back whence we came.

So, where do we come from? Are we seperate or part of what created us? Or did we create ourselves?

Logic dictates we did not create ourselves, otherwise, my feeling is we would have much more control over our reality if that were the case and there would not be the "mystery" of this question.

Intuition guides some of us to know we are part of something greater. Some of us remember past lives. Some of us have near-death experiences, some Yogi's can leave their bodies at will, the military has admitted to using Remote Viewing, which involved(s) one's consciousness leaving their body to spy on our Cold War enemies. This alone confirms the existence of something greater than the biological.

Christ stated the Kingdom of God is within. The Buddha stated the way to Enlightment is from within. One cannot become elightened without first dropping all conceptions/perceptions of what is and allow what IS to show itself. This takes practice and the ability to silence the human brain/mind and allow the Spirit to listen and be open. Religion automatically dulls the Spirit of Truth for whatever motivations the founders/perpetrators of that particular strand proclaims as their Truth.

To me, the reason we are so lost is we continue to look outside ourselves for the answer. We think it is far away, or through rituals, or frequency of prayer, or donating money. This is all BS. This is also the way our society has purposefully been designed, to vanquish the Divine and the Truth and to reduce Being to consumption, credit ratings and job description and procreation. This is the lie, our very way of being here and now is a lie, or illusion. Thankfully, it is coming to an end. Why, because a lie cannot sustain itself, sooner or later, the lie becomes unravelled. And we see this happening everyday, the lies of the economy, the lies of endless consumption, the lies of the wars, the lies of the banks and governments. The suppression of thought, expression and creativity. All of this is the anti-thesis of what should be.

We are Awakening. The fall of religion will be one of the critical steps in our collective journey into the Divine Truth. I do not claim to know what that Truth is, but my intuition guides me to believe it is centered in Love, Compassion, Understanding and Harmony and the Eternal Spiritual evolvement of each of us individually and collectively.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more! One of my personal catch-phrases (from my band's lyrics) is "My love of God dictates my hate for religion".

Religion has bastardized and used God (assuming there is a God) for man's own selfish, power-hungry purposes. Religion pretends to understand what God wants, expects, etc. and in the end, uses that power to dictate to the populace. If nothing else, everyone should worship their God in private, and in their own way. There is no reason that a religion, a church or a man should need to dictate or translate the difference between good and evil.

And...even though I don't personally believe in a God in the traditional sense, I do believe, even for my own children, in learning about God and the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join