It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

BTW, Thank you for the conversation Gorman. You've given me a lot to think about. Gonna look at that Video, then chew on this stuff for awhile.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Since 1781 discovery of Uranus, ruler of Aquarius, the world has been struggling for freedom, independence and human rights; and there have been great advances in science. There is no religion higher than truth and spiritual truths do not conflict. Our freedom hangs because it is given to "God" (Pope) and United States of America which is a private foreign corporation since 1871. Again, read Protoplasmic Traveler's post: "All Roads Lead to Rome" on ATS.

link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

this post reeks of johnny come lately philosophy. something a random person would come up with after a few days of clicking through new age & conspiracy websites.

your statements present quite a few flaws..

the most glaring..

you seem to be scapegoating religion for most of your problems. notwithstanding the effects of religion -- why have you let yourself be manipulated by something external to yourself. perhaps you wanted to be manipulate... maybe you want someone else to do the thinking for you. maybe you still do. maybe your flaw is thinking you "got it" as your post indicates. perhaps the problem is, is that you demand an answer to a mystery of your own creation. maybe your the one, even still, spinning it's wheels.

it seems to me that your "solution" is just another problem.

your comment of religion being man-made, is contradictory, when you then state that you believe that God is the universal life force. God is in fact, a creation of the mind.

What makes you think that this thing you call God wants something from you? does God want you to connect with it? you say you want to get away from something that is man made, yet here you are, defining an abstraction of the mind (God) and then your adding these definitions to it... saying that as a precondition to connecting with one another, we must connect with this thing called God first.

link   
I agree with you. As in the words of Immortal Technique "God is not a religion, but a spiritual bond."

However after watching Stewart Swerdlow a couple of times i've came to the conclusion that that individual is out if his mind. He is nearly 100% disinformation.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

Take a look at the video I posed in my last post to understand the universe.

When I say consciousness does not exist, I mean this idea of a division between body and mind. Neuron are body. Oh yes I believe in a soul and all that, but there is far from nay proof that it is a quantifiable thing that can be observed. Another user told me about how the brain does not lose half its memories if you remove either half of the brain. So that is pretty much the only proof out there. But that's unknown, so it cannot be said to be a proof, but rather, just a mystery.

What makes you, you, is your neurotransmitters. A friend of mine did a study that showed there are actually enough of them in the brain to make each one of the 106 billion people to have ever lived unique. What we call Free Will is more or less the imagination you are mentioning. Our ability to change an outcome and foresee a better one. Basically exponential thinkings and imagination.

To simply state it, we are liberated from the bonds of biological evolution and can now only change by who we make ourselves out. The neurotransmitters are our tools to define ourselves.

reply to post by Godz Enigma

PM me whenever you want to talk science and the soul. I was a curious teenager and still am. I've been following this stuff for a long time. lol.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by 11118
The Creator is not some bearded man in the sky that created the cosmos separate of himself, no it is living aware Infinity creating OF itself.

I like your definition. It feels right.
I also agree with it.. And also, creation didn't just happen once in the beginning, creation is still happening now.

It's difficult to comprehend, in our current illusion/physicality, timelessness. Meaning that there is not a beginning nor an end, whatsoever. There merely is the immediate and eternal present.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The problem that many don't get around is the fact that they are, the Creator, and the attendee of this "matrix". You are consciously and subconsciously creating on a level. Forgetting that you are the Creator so that you can once again remember yourself as the creator and gain knowledge about yourself as the Creator. Fractals of a single entity, paradoxically the same - separateness an illusion to see the reflection(s) of yourself so that you can know yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Well actually even fractals have limits in the real world! There is a pixel of the universe that cannot be divided.

A far more accurate term is that we are made in the creator's image. The human being cannot move mountains with their mind, nor can they change the world. The mind is nothing but a random generator with the ability to flow it through ideas.

We create with our hands. God creates with thought. We cannot be the creator because tomorrow we could all die and the universe would go on.

If we are the creator, we are not individuals. We are out of one, many. And that puts us in a box. Putting God in a box is a contradiction.

We simply cannot be the creator because we have limits. You can look at my topic called "So. Am I the only one who can do this?" where people talked to me about similar stuff. You can see what I've done with such "taping" into the creator. But in all such things, I have never felt part of that which I was connected to. I only ever felt like a child sucking from the mother's milk. I am not that milk nor the mother. I am made from it, not part of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yes, to be an attendee to the 'matrix' you must have existed outside of the matrix, this a significant point to understand before venturing beyond the present paradox.

That which is Infinite cannot be measured by finite instruments such as the instruments used in science, which are part of the physicality that you now discuss.

If it were so easy to find out our true nature, then the whole point of the illusion would fall apart as it would not seem real. For the whole point of forgetting is that if there was not potential for misunderstanding there would not be experience or anything learned.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"God Doesn't Have a Religion" ~ Mary Rose

Here is an interesting conundrum. Concept of 'god' was create by religion. The word itself has roots in religion, so how can the concept of God exist without a religion. It cannot.

Without a religious faith to define a God, there is no concept to support such word or ideology.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

"God Doesn't Have a Religion" ~ Mary Rose

Here is an interesting conundrum. Concept of 'god' was create by religion. The word itself has roots in religion, so how can the concept of God exist without a religion. It cannot.

This is merely picking apart and over analyzing the meaning behind the title. Logic and word play is shallow considering you know, as well as everyone else does, what the title means in it's context.

The "Creator" may have been a better word in place of "God".

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

To answer your question earlier, I do believe in heaven and hell.

I just have a question for you? Why did you turn from your faith? What happened?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This is merely picking apart and over analyzing the meaning behind the title. Logic and word play is shallow considering you know, as well as everyone else does, what the title means in it's context.

I already explained my philosophy a few pages back. What I am now presenting is a conundrum in the whole premise.

Where does the word creator come from? Does it have roots in religion? Was religion responsible for the ideology behind the word creator?

Creator would be a deity, correct?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. There can never be any peace, love and joy as long as men (humankind) are able to use "religion" as a weapon of mass destruction. Unfortunately, there are VERY few people willing or able to listen and believe this truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

I already explained my philosophy a few pages back. What I am now presenting is an conundrum in the whole premise.

Where does the word creator come from? Does it have roots in religion? Was religion responsible for the ideology behind the word creator?

We would have to ask ourselves questions to answer and stem off from these answers with more questions.

These questions do not have to be answered or thought upon in the order that they are given, and these questions are only created from my opinion. They can be tweaked, changed, and added onto accordingly:

A. What is Religion, is it the same as Spirituality?

B. What is the Creator?

C. What is the Created?

D. Does the context of the word Creator only rest upon the English language?

E. Can the word Creator be thought of, or have the same feeling in each individual entity without a language spoken?

I believe the thought of the Creator originated long before languages took it's context into their own personalized meaning, religion being created to define the Creator into a personalized meaning - thus, dividing the masses into etched-in-stone understandings of the Creator. When frankly I do not think the Creator is etched-in-stone as it may not really understand itself either.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by 11118]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

It's just as likely that time does not exist for God. That way we were alive before we were born. But within time we were not.

That would destroy your idea.

Point is anything is possible. But there is not even any proof of God, so there's no way to know. And no logic in hypotheticals without proof.

But hey, it's a good novel.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
maternal - matter
paternal - pattern

one into the other.

still all one

still a source.

be still without holding back or denying and listen/feel inside.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
I just have a question for you? Why did you turn from your faith? What happened?

Religion in my younger years (I'm 65) caused more fear and confusion than it did meaning and guidance. The idea of hell is abhorrent to me. Heaven, too. The idea of being judged and sent one place or another for eternity doesn't resonate with me.

Also, the fact that there are different religious institutions tells me they're not useful - if the religion were true, why would we need more than one?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I understand where you are going, but would not a 'creator' be a deity of sorts? Something that can be defined, or something that has some type of form?

She called God an 'it'.

'It' is a pronoun given to define something or someone.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by IamBoon

Well, the sun is considered the catalyst for the formation of the planets?
Just like sperm is considered the catalyst that begins a egg becoming say a person? :p

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Lol true. Without it the planets would not have formed.

That must be one huge egg!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join