It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

It is not just the evil deeds Lord God commands people to do. There are some obvious verse that gives Lord God away, for who he really is besides that.

Lord God specifically mentions who he is Lord God of, time after time. Just that should be a clue that Lord God ain't everyone's God.

Lord God is the God of the people who he magically intervene with so that they could bear children. These Children play a very important role in Lord Gods agenda. That is why he is giving them such attention and benefits.

I wonder how people cant see that!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God.

It has to come before man, before ideas of men, and certainly before our own mistrust of men. All i'm asking for is faith in GOD, which we men (and women) get wrong too.

Then all these things shall be added ....

I love this thread, thank you Mary Rose, and all the comments. It's possible for us to get that peace on earth stuff going, but not until we put God first

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
reply to post by Mary Rose

Mmmm yes, i revisited that same paassage this week, it's beautiful.

So you only like the nice bits, and don't believe it anyway?

Let's be specific, the 4 gospels, as eye witness testimonies from people who witnessed events in their life and times?

Sorry Harry but you are wrong. Jesus DID'NT have disciples called Mark or Luke. Also biblical scholars agree that NONE of the 'gospels' were written at the time of Jesus but at least 60-70 after Jesus died. Matthew and John were disciples of Jesus but it is widely known to bible scholars that Mark was the first 'gospel' to be written and that the authors of Matthew and Luke then ADDED lots of for want of a better word 'fiction' to make the story fit certain Old Testament prophesies.
I find it amazing that so many people can follow a religion whenn they do not understand who wrote what and why. For example - why are so many pagan influences found in Christianity? Simple - the majority of New Testament books were written AFTER the time of Jesus by PAGAN converts to Christianity who added elements of thier old religions to make the new religion of Christianity more appealing to the Pagan/Gentile masses. There are dozens of books written by Christian bible scholars about this subject. READ AND EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God - which I think of as the universal life force connecting all that is.

Their own consciousness? Like what? Plundering, Raping, Killing, Burying own daughters alive and enslaving others at will?

Look back throughout history before Abraham or Moses or Jesus etc... was born. Or simply look back when men fear thunder as god. Maybe if you could travel back in time and tell all these people of their own consciousness perhaps we never need prophets in the first place.

Religion never promoted wars. It's was human own consciousness that drive them to. These are the people like Attila the Hun, Kublai Khan, Nero, Caligula etc...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You make some valid points. Unfortunately, in my own estimation you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Yes, lots of people say lots of things about the bible's authorship, not all are right. Each to their own.

Also phrases like "widely know to bible scholars" is entirely inaccurate, since there are as many who have opposite views.

With all due respect, i have indeed READ AND EDUCATED myself, which is why i disagree with what you are saying. You accept "Jesus" but reject the people that have recorded his existance as eye witnesses?

It's a self defeating exercise.
peace

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow

Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God - which I think of as the universal life force connecting all that is.

Their own consciousness? Like what? Plundering, Raping, Killing, Burying own daughters alive and enslaving others at will?

Look back throughout history before Abraham or Moses or Jesus etc... was born. Or simply look back when men fear thunder as god. Maybe if you could travel back in time and tell all these people of their own consciousness perhaps we never need prophets in the first place.

Religion never promoted wars. It's was human own consciousness that drive them to. These are the people like Attila the Hun, Kublai Khan, Nero, Caligula etc...

I have to disagree - George.W.Bush - Christian, George Bush Snr - Christian, Saddam Hussein - Muslim, Hitler - Catholic, I could go on. The religious beliefs of these people shape their lives and influence their actions and decisions. 'God' told George W to go to war with Iraq as one example. I personally would also consider the Inquesition a war and that war WAS promoted by relgion.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
But not believing in heaven and hell could be a dangerous thing. If it exists, believing could keep you out of it. In my opinion, its better to be safe than sorry.

But better being safe than sorry could mean not to believe it, ha

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Humans created god in their own image. We anthropomorphised him. I wonder what god would do with his penis? It reminds me of that question, does god have teeth... for if he had teeth he would have to eat, and if god eats, that also means he has to *cough* *cough*... well... erm... that would make him too human now wouldn't it.

IRM

I never denounced any of that... I'm merely saying that by referring to God as 'Him' it implies the father figure status. I don't agree with or disagree with it, thats the way it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
The bible, Religion. Its all bollocks. Just primitive minds trying to make sense of it all.

Whatever man. Smacks of primitive control methods

If the creators of the bible is just a cause of primitive thinking, then us modern man are really stupid!!!

Here is primitive man as you say creating such conflicting, inspiring and fearsome knowledge and here we are 4000 years later still questioning and wondering. The bible the worlds best seller. 4000 years later and its still the numver 1 selling book in the world. Whoa beat that James Patterson.

If that were primitive thinking well then I wish I were cavewoman!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm an atheist, but if I was to even consider that there MAY be a god, I would undoubtedly believe that organized religion does not represent it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Religeon is the biggest CON of Mankind,
If it wasn't drummed into kids by their parents, would they get into
religeon on their own accord.

This con is so complete, you can't escape it. When someone gets married
everybody is forced to go to Church. And the same when you Die, completing the circle.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

Originally posted by EasternShadow

I have to disagree - George.W.Bush - Christian, George Bush Snr - Christian, Saddam Hussein - Muslim, Hitler - Catholic, I could go on. The religious beliefs of these people shape their lives and influence their actions and decisions. 'God' told George W to go to war with Iraq as one example. I personally would also consider the Inquesition a war and that war WAS promoted by relgion.

'God' told who? I apologize. I don't mean to be disrespect. But I couldn't help to feel amused. 'God' told His Messagers ONLY. That's what prophets for. And we all know they long gone. Surely you are not suggesting George W.Bush or Saddam Hussein or Hitler is a prophet? You see thats the problem with human consciousness. We interpret ancient texts, manipulate it to justify our own goal then tell others, "God, tell me to.." LMAO. It's clearly said thou shalt not kill as in bible, torah and quran, Does it not? Yet we blame religion instead of this people who make such claims.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
The whole truth of the matter is that NOBODY knows if "God" is a he, she, or it or if "God" even exists.

Of course we have the mentally ill who will come on here and state their deluded claim that "God" almighty or his magical son is real because these magical imaginary friends personally come and talk to them once in a while, but anyone with any sense knows that such claims are the result of extreme mental issues that require immediant professional help ASAP.

NOBODY knows the answers, and religion is certainly a PATHETIC, IRRATIONAL, FICTIONAL man-made bunch of NONSENSE that only confuses the issue even further.

This is not correct, The Bible clearly states that God is He. God is
in the masculine every time mentioned in the Bible, unless he is speaking of his spirit.

Here is a link that I was able to find in a quick Google search. Sorry I did not have time to find a better link, but this states my point well. It is also important to remember that Jesus refers to God as "God the Father".

The Lords prayer begins with "Our FATHER who art"

www.gotquestions.org...

Here is another quick link that is pretty good.

www.jesus-is-savior.com...'s%20Corner/Doctrines/is_god_male_or_female.htm

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Humans created god in their own image. We anthropomorphised him. I wonder what god would do with his penis? It reminds me of that question, does god have teeth... for if he had teeth he would have to eat, and if god eats, that also means he has to *cough* *cough*... well... erm... that would make him too human now wouldn't it.

IRM

I never denounced any of that... I'm merely saying that by referring to God as 'Him' it implies the father figure status. I don't agree with or disagree with it, thats the way it is.

Jesus, the son of God refers to God as his father.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

You make some valid points. Unfortunately, in my own estimation you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Yes, lots of people say lots of things about the bible's authorship, not all are right. Each to their own.

Also phrases like "widely know to bible scholars" is entirely inaccurate, since there are as many who have opposite views.

With all due respect, i have indeed READ AND EDUCATED myself, which is why i disagree with what you are saying. You accept "Jesus" but reject the people that have recorded his existance as eye witnesses?

It's a self defeating exercise.
peace

Thanks for the reply Harry.
Firstly I said at no point that I accept Jesus. I don't have enough evidence to prove he lived let alone was the 'Son of God'.
Secondly I can prove using the bible that Mark and Luke WERE NOT disciples of Jesus (if he lived) and therefore they ARE NOT credible as eyewitnesses with regard to Jesus.
You also stated
'Yes, lots of people say lots of things about the bible's authorship, not all are right. Each to their own.

While I respect your opinion I cannot agree with you completely. The scholars who have spent 20-30 YEARS researching nothing but the bible have a much better understanding than the typical churchgoer or people like myself or yourself who have delved more into the who,whats and whys. Yes there are split opinions on alot of issues but you and I can't read Hebrew, Aramaic and the other languages of the older texts, nor do we understand the different grammatical structures and meanings of these older tongues. The expert scholars can - therein lies the difference in understanding.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Firstly I did'nt call ANY of the people mentioned prophets, I was giving examples of modern leaders who make alot of important decisions based on their personal religious beliefs.
You stated :-
"God, tell me to.." LMAO. It's clearly said thou shalt not kill as in bible, torah and quran, Does it not? Yet we blame religion instead of this people who make such claims.

You are right the so called 'holy books' do say we should not kill - but then God goes on to condone murdering, rape, ethnic cleansing etc. IMO there will NEVER be peace on earth while people continue to follow the 3 Abrahamic religions. They all preach hatred for others who believe differently sprinkled with a little bit of love and understanding for those who conform. I wish that wasn't the case but unfortunately it seems to be that way.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Discussions on religion are highly entertaining... In between the idiots who rant and rave, and the religious brainwashed, is the truth we all seek. But I say that if you are going to try and convince me of your pearls of wisdom, at least have the courtesy to learn how to spell, and use an intelligent form of the english language.

The bitterness and hatred that is displayed in your post is the proof of why there are so many different forms of religion. Religion in and of itself is not who is evil, it is the greedy corporate pricks who run it that makes it evil. God and our creator are two separate issues. God in this country is the dollar and has nothing to do with our creator. You can preach and read all of the books you want to, but it will still not answer your questions. Let each one of us believe as we wish, and save the obviously brainwashed opinions of others go unnoticed. Your life will be so much more enjoyable if you do.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Religeon is the biggest CON of Mankind,
If it wasn't drummed into kids by their parents, would they get into
religeon on their own accord.

This con is so complete, you can't escape it. When someone gets married
everybody is forced to go to Church. And the same when you Die, completing the circle.

If it is such a con and a waste of time, I must ask. Why are you bothering to read the thread? Seems kin of silly to get on here and read a thread that has absolutly no impact on your life.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The concept of what is god is far from anything involving a physically concious being. The true notion of god is hidden in all forms of religion but seeing how were not living in an age 2000 thousand plus years ago maybe its time we discover the true meaning of existance through our own concepts of reality,jesus didnt become a man that understood the world just because of the time he was brought forth, he discovered the world through his own eyes and sense of what is and what is soppose to be. Anyone who truley allows themselves to let go of this physical reality we created over the existance of man, can and will be drawn closer to the masters table and will begin to understand, that the world we live in is a disfiguration of what we were ment to truley be.
As a student in the medical feild you learn that the human brain has a domain that responds to and allows every voluntary and involuntary action the human body creates, but we have no solid foundation to begin to understand where the function of free will A.K.A your personality really forms. As free willed beings we house certain capacities that no other living being we've encoutered have, and once you truley start to understand that you begin to understand the concept of god being, which you all are. Man thegreat creaters of the physical realm, but whos to say the impulses driving the conceptsof society we implement upon are fellow man are truley divine. Man hasnt been divine since the begining the fall of adam and eve isnt ment to be taken literally as the 2 first and only people.adam represnts the subconcious which fell as soon as th physical concious a.k.a eve fell and found shame within its existance , which opened the flood gates of negative emotion which has been running this world for much more than a few thousand years. The sub concious mind is what we are all linked to and create physical thought patterns from, the thought patterns man now has is an insult to everything that true god beings represent, Mans sub concious realm is littered with sloth, gluttony, envey, wrath, pride and greed those should sound very familliar there deadly sins for a reason not bc they will send you to hell when you die, but they will create a hell in which the physical vessels for true god beings reside a.k.a the world we live in today, and ifthe physical vessel produces no true holy substance than there will be a bunch of nothing for you in the end. Its hard to believe that all you know is wrong, and it can make existance seem bleak but there is nothing more forth coming and rewarding then begining to open the eyes of man in hopes that threw our understanding one day a new kingdom will arise and we will once again be saved, and dont be fooled when i say saved i mean from ourselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Another take on what GOD is and what role religion plays in it.

Link

www.wingmakers.com...

A small snippet from the Wingmakers.

Interesting POV of what CREATION/First Source is....

"First Source

First Source is the primal source from which all existence is ultimately linked. It is sometimes referred to as the Body of the Collective God. It represents the overarching consciousness of all things unified. This includes pain, joy, suffering, light, love, darkness, fear; all expressions and conditions are integrated and purposeful in the context of First Source. IT encompasses all things and unifies them in an all-inclusive consciousness that evolves and grows in a similar manner to how each individuated spirit evolves and grows.

In most cultures where the term "god" or "goddess" is used to define this omnipotent power, it often represents an entity that has evolved beyond the range of human comprehension and who manifests magical powers like manipulating the natural elements through thought or manifesting as non-corporeal Light Beings. These manifestations are described and depicted in virtually all cultures of the human race through its religious texts and mythology. While these may be entities that are highly evolved in their abilities and knowledge, they should not be confused with First Source.

First Source is not a manifestation, but rather a consciousness that inhabits all time, space, energy, matter, form, intent; as well as all non-time, non-space, non-matter, non-energy, non-form, and non-intent. It is the only consciousness that unifies all states of being into one Being. And this Being is First Source. It is a growing, expanding, and inexplicable consciousness that organizes the collective experience of all states of being into a coherent plan of creation; expansion and colonization into the realms of creation; and the inclusion of creation into Source Reality -- the home of First Source."

There is more to this passage on the website.

Jedi

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join