It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline security probe after veiled women board Heathrow-bound flight without showing their faces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Airline security probe after veiled women board Heathrow-bound flight without showing their faces

www. dailymail.co.uk

An urgent review has been ordered into Canada's airport security after a video posted on YouTube showed two fully veiled women boarding a plane to London without showing their faces.
The video shows a group of passengers boarding an Air Canada flight from Montreal's Pierre-Elliott Trudeau airport to London's Heathrow airport on July 11.
The handheld video, shot by a British traveller, shows a man boarding

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
more of story:

The man hands their passports, and the veiled women are allowed to board, without showing their faces to confirm their faces match those on their passports.

The footage is shot at a distance and it is impossible to see what happens next.
A British lorry driver identified as Mick, who took the video, wrote on his YouTube

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... kx5a

So here it is... first hand proof of the others getting special leeway when it comes to Airport Security... and this not long after this debate on banning them and also adding X-ray machines at Airports!!

Ok, nothing happened this time but it still doesn't mean that some people should get special treatment at Security gates....

I read another story this morning about an 'Honor' killing in Birmingham.... i really do wonder what Country i'm living in at times....

www. dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Airport security has indeed gone mad. An 80 year old man will be darn near strip searched, while others who cannot be "profiled" are allowed to board possibly without even having their identity checked.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have a friend who works at Pearson (in Toronto) and he had to search a little boy in a wheelchair with oxygen tubes, etc. He felt like crap but he did it, they have separate rooms for situations such as this. I guess they think only women have pretty eyes and they'd be able to tell if its a man under the veil.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
well reading the daily mail is only going to add to that confusion of what country am i in. i agree that there shouldnt be a double standard however we still have to respect a womens choise to were a vale by asking them to remove the vale in a private area like a strip search would be. (is there anything to say they wernt checked in private) as for the scanners no one should be made to go throughe them. how do people feel about letting there childeren go throughe theis things.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by canuckistanian

wow that's kind of severe. i know we've all got to eat and jobs are scarce right now but i think id of been looking for a new job come the end of that day. then again i don't have kids to feed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The usual special treatment Muslims enjoy at airports is a virtual strip search...

From my vast experience of airports this appears to be when they are boarding the actual plane, so they would have been checked at bag check in, and again at security where they would have been forced to show their faces and asked security questions about their bags contents.

I suspect our vigilant citizen Mick is just a big fat racist.

Just to add is Mick aware that filming security procedures at airports is a big no no?

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I find it interesting that in this age of "profiling" that in this case the ones who get a free bye are the ones usually profiled.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

When you added the honor killings, I realized you have no idea that
it isn't just Muslims who are doing honor killings, but also white, black, Christian, Atheists, Jews, all sorts of people.

That being said, I regard your whole thread as propaganda based, and reduce your credibility to mute.

In regards to OP:

They shouldn't get special treatment, for all we know they could be taking drugs in the plane, or a bomb.

Who knows, these women need to be told that it is OK to show your damn face, and that Islam doesn't ban women from exposing their face, but if they stil refuse, they should use their customer service skills to comeup with another idea, I don't thik it is that hard.

Here's an idea, let women check the veil women's identity, since they don't mind being viewed by Women, they just don't want to allow men seeing them.

Sometimes when you understand, and communicate, everyone gets along

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just to develop further on our good friend Mick and the daily mail. Mick, the old mucker, filmed security procedures at an airport. Now if Mick wasn't the upstanding gentleman that we all know he is, he could have used his video to analyse security and develop ways around it, to bring illegal materials onto planes, other countries etc.

But he of course wouldn't do that. Good old Mick...

However he has now placed that information in the public domain where less scrupulous members of society than good old Micky could get hold of it and use it to plan an attack.

Far fetched? Based on the poor quality of the video perhaps, but he could have filmed for longer and with a different camera couldn't he? After all he himself was not stopped and questioned why he was filming security.

Also good old Micky me old mucker, he also waited with his camera to film these women boarding the flight. Now he had clearly already made his mind up about what was going to happen here or does he often randomly film Muslim women at airports? I wouldn't put it past Mick he certainly is a character!

Also from the back of that Muslim man's head we can also tell that he was forcing these women to wear the Burka and that he believes women are inferior. Thank God Mick was on the case, and provided the video to the most reliable and unbiased news source he could think of, so that we could all get angry about the special treatment of Muslims.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Here's an idea, let women check the veil women's identity, since they don't mind being viewed by Women, they just don't want to allow men seeing them.

Hey, Oozyism.

I think they already have these procedures in place:

Air Canada agents are trained to verify the identities of passengers in “a private area away from other passengers, as required for religious or medical reasons,” according to Arthur,

She said Air Canada is aware of the video and it has since reminded agents of all security procedures. She also mentioned that all passengers go through strict security checks before boarding a flight.

“In Canada, airline passenger screening is the responsibility of CATSA (Canadian Air Transport Security Authority) and passengers have already undergone multiple security checks before arriving at the gate,” she said.

www.vancouversun.com...

Also, I find the way the video jumps just before the women go through highly suspicious.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wrong, i do have an idea of whats happening and has been happening for many years before we even heard of Muslims here in England...

I'm only posting what i saw on the online newspaper... it's not the only online paper i view but this just happened to be on the front page... i view it mainly for the sports pages as it does a better job than most when it comes to sports!!!

I also agree with some that yeh i suppose this guy 'Mick' has probably missed the filming where maybe these Burqa clad women were searched in another area but still.... if i'd been wearing a balaclava or hooded top i would have most likely been asked to take it off...

One other thing is it's also quite possible that those who were searched and had their face veils uncovered were then switched with 2 others waiting in the ladies room.... anything is possible...

And i'm trying hard to ignore these headlines but it seems any news media on the web is not worthy according to you lot so maybe i'll refrain from posting anything about Muslims on this Forum.

Maybe i shoulda put the story up about the 'cloned cows' milk instead.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

join