It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a Problem with Islam..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I have a Problem with religious group mentality and crime ........

www.bbc.co.uk

A 14-year-old was forced into prostitution and sexually abused by a series of men after going missing from her home in Greater Manchester.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PurpleDog UK]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I have just read this and I have a BIG problem with this article - I'll explain.....

It is a BBC article and therefore has to be 'impartial'..... it is a desperately sad and horrible case of sexual abuse and what is in effect 'kidnapping'....

I know unfortunately this occurs within our society but what I have a problem with here is that it must be related to the mentality or the view of women if you will within this group of sexual criminals.

The article lists those convicted and I find it very interesting that the list contains ALL from a Muslim background......

Is it therefore fair to say that this is a Muslim Group mentality ??

I'm annoyed that the media reporting does NOT dare mention that all the convicted were of the same origin.....

I maybe coming across here as a little confused but for some reason I am really ANGERED by this and I can't help feeling that the 'CULTURAL' difference is not being examined further...
Regards

PurpleDOG UK

Further to this story, which is bad I have another example of how religion and religious beliefs Detrimentally AFFECT people unnecessarily so...

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have a problem with........your thread title.

Your thread title is "I have a problem with Islam" and then I read the article and I'm like what the hell????? I assume you will eventually change it.

Tell me something... how come i've never seen you post a thread called "I have a problem with catholicism"?

Isn't pedophilia a big problem? But i've never seen such a thread from you.

Furthermore if Islam is a problem then please explain the below:

Internationally, the most common destinations for victims of human trafficking are Thailand, Japan, Israel, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Turkey and the US, according to a report by the UNODC.[11] The major sources of trafficked persons include Thailand, China, Nigeria, Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine.

en.wikipedia.org...

In that list only 11% of common destinations is a muslim country.

And what about this

Report: Catholic Priests Molest Third World Nuns to Avoid AIDS

In what amounts to a modern example of damning proof of the validity of the age-old Protestant charge of gross immorality amongst the priests and nuns of the Roman Catholic Church, the Vatican has been forced to make the extraordinary admission that priests in at least 23 countries across five continents have been sexually abusing and raping nuns. Most of the abuse has happened in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

www.christianaggression.org...

Wow... what a thread title you have

Your level of bias is quite a sight of ignorance to see

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I knew it wouldnt take long for you to get flamed.

You can slam israel all day long but OH MY GOD! DONT TOUCH ISLAM!

welcome to the ranks of "redneck, un-educated, bigoted,un-cultured,ect." islamaphobes

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

No, it's called "post the proper headline for the article like it tells you in big bold text when you're making a thread". Considering the OP has supplemented his/her own prejudices for the proper headline I'd say it's fair cop to tackle him/her on it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
the thread is about his problem with islam, not van der sloot or the zetas, al q, catholics, mormons, morons, amish, you or me.

or do i gots that wrong?

dam, only 11% goes to the muslim countries. nothing to see here , move along!

not bad because there are only 4 muslim countries? so it seems like 11% is quite a large % of the traffic?

others do it more so it's ok, i guess.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The problem is there is bad people in all religions.

Please don't be narrow minded like some people that belive in just one God or religion.

Open your mind,
Peace be with you.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to when Judaism and Islam have a problem

with each other

Big time

Out on the plains, knives drawn

Bring popcorn

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
this has nothing to do with religeon. some people in this world do evil thing and im sorry to break it to you but they come in all shapes and sizes, colours and religions, rich and poor. this post seems like a chance to bash a religion you dont like. have you read the koran?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
this is a problem with some men of Muslim decent, not a problem with Islam. Since you are a white Anglo Saxon, and so was Ted Bundy, I guess you must be a serial killer too. Stupid people paint a large group with the same brush. Don't be that guy.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Maybe the article should have explored the cultural issues but then again if it wants to stay impartial then that would mean the article would also have to explore other cultures in the UK and their part in the sex trade....

The Polish, Chechs, Phillipines, Chinese... I know these are nationalities and not religions but they are all different cultures who have their own sub-groups within the sex trade.

And yeah I agree with previous sentiments, your thread like many other Islam based threads here, looks at first glance to be putting all Muslims in the same box.

If I took my education solely from this site then I would believe all Muslims were terrorists who sell women for sex. Luckily I'm a free thinker and have worked with many Muslims in the past, I was only ever welcomed into their home, never bombed or sold sex

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think you were abit quick to jump on the i hate islam bandwagon, however i do get you. (I dont hate islam)

It is said a muslim could rape pilage and murder but if he reads the Koran he will be forgiven....sorry that just seems a get out clause to me

These people would be so quick to pull the race/religion card when in trouble, thankfully (not for the victim) the crimes they have comitted are so severe they cant this time.

But OP you cant tar all muslims with the same brush mate, idiots like them give a bad impression about all asians not just muslims.

Is it possible to bring in Sharia law JUST for muslims?.... off with their heads!!!....or hands

At least that way if they are as faithful as they make out then they will be severely punished when breaking the law and cant use religion to get out of it

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

This has absolutely nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with criminal activity. The fact that these guys were Muslimsshould not make any more difference then if they were Jewish or Christian. In fact there have , in the past been more stories about "human trafficking " where Jews and Christians were involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia

Thanks for your reply, it was quite illuminating.

Apologies for the thread title BUT I feel that it was warranted in this case to highlight the terrible crime inflicted on this child by a group of individuals from the same Faith...

In response to your request for a title about Catholicism, then I would gladly post another because 'in my mind' religion is the greatest and ultimate Divisive institution man has ever created.
The need for people to find faith and support is a fair request BUT the way in which most religions operate, per se BY FEAR and CONTROL is something I find Personally WRONG......... if we are talking about the Catholic faith then do I have to pick one of the many examples of priests etc etc and also how can you commit a 'sin' and then plead REPEATEDLY for forgiveness each time you visit a confessional booth -- that smacks to me of a double standard , don't you think.....?

Back to the subject thread - I did post in the wrong place - apologies for that.

I would also like to say that I am NOT a Zenophobe and I do allow everyone i speak to an Audience (i listen more than I speak believe it or not) BUT this case just INfuriates me in the fact that we all try to be tolerant and yet others seem to think that they can do what they like !!!

Doesn't seem FAIR to me or that Little GIRL does it !!!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
abuse happens all the time by men and sometimes women. from all backgrounds. yes it is wrong

why the big anti islam

the church has a terrible record for sexual abuse which continues today

whats going on with ats at the moment? alot of mindless hate......alot of time wasting going on here..........why?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

danielhanson420

Simple answer to your question Daniel is YES i have........ have you ?

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

The article lists those convicted and I find it very interesting that the list contains ALL from a Muslim background......

Is it therefore fair to say that this is a Muslim Group mentality ??

Is racketeering and prostitution an Italian mentality? (Think mafia?)

Do all Columbians try and import illegal narcotics into the USA?

It most certainly is NOT fair to say this is a muslim group mentality, because - as been said time and time again on ATS the actions of a small group of individuals do not represent the actions of everyone - there are scumbags from every race, religion and nationality

What IS disturbing is that narrow minded bigots will use this for propaganda purposes in order to somehow justify and pursue their hate.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by trueblue

trueblue

You make a big ASSUMPTION in thinking i am narrow minded..... If anything this thread has attracted views from different perspectives which is a good thing surely..... because is that not how we all can open our minds..?

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I can say in all honesty that I hate the religion that is Islam.

It is all encompassing, all controlling and repressive to the extreme.
It allows little room for individual freedoms and liberties.

That does not mean to say that I have a problem or dislike of Muslims per se.
I try to treat people with respect as long as they respect me.
And I respect an individuals right to believe in what they wish to believe in as long as they don't force those opinions upon me or anybody else.

I'm amongst the first one's on this site to stand up to Islamic fundamentalism and it's increasing influence, but the fact these men are Muslims is incidental.

How long and to what extent have Chinese been involved in these sort of practices?
African's?
Could go on but I know that point has been made by other's as well.

And the self-righteous Christians out there who seem quick to condemn should perhaps ponder on 'Let he without sin' etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

It is a BBC article and therefore has to be 'impartial'.....

I really do hope that your comment was said in jest/sarcasm/tongue-in-cheek

:shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join