It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a Problem with Islam..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Can we actually discuss the topic? Or do some have such a prejudice towards Christianity that it is the only religion they pummel?

It is called conditioning Ashley, propaganda, brainwashing.

All avenues of the news media, film and music have been using it for years,

They created a mob mentality,
www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

The vast majority of investors of child sex trafficking, i.e., purchasers of said children, are American or European wealthy individuals. Yes, the world all-over practices it, but the "industry" is in the gravitational pull of these people.

And from what source did you glean that propaganda?

The child slaves of Saudi Arabia
news.bbc.co.uk...

On the wealthy streets of Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia, thousands of young child-beggars, under the auspices of ruthless gangmasters, are simply trying to survive.

Modern Slavery
Human bondage in Africa, Asia, and the Dominican Republic

www.infoplease.com...

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Propaganda? Are you absolutely just trying to pull my leg on this one?

Why do you think there is even an "industry", as such? It originates in the poorest of nations almost exclusively for the purpose of selling the victims for profit. Where do you think these criminal organizations go to barter their victims? Oh my, you guessed it, rich aristocrats and businessmen all over the world. Europe, America, Thailand, anywhere.

It doesn't matter where, it's everywhere. Here in the United States, it's often found in the most unexpected places. Portland, Oregon for example, is considered some sort of hot spot, having the most trafficked children per-capita than anywhere else in the US.

The entire world does it, this is why it's a syndicate. Syndicates are formed to sell their "products" to the highest bidders.

The only propaganda here is the slant you people are trying to use to turn this into a "Muslim problem", which is absolutely disgusting. It is the world's problem, every country has this problem. This has nothing to do with apologizing for Islam or any other religion. It has everything to do with me being fed up with jackasses hijacking legitimate issues for their own personal bigoted crusades.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

well lucifer your post sounds as much ignorant as the op's does....give me an exact quotation in the Qur'an or any Sharia book which states that you will be forgiven for rape if you read the Qur'an...its people like you that spread disinfo up from their arses to spread these putrid lies....Islam views adultery as one of the worst crimes and sins, so rape is def. a big deal...and for the op there is a difference between these "Muslims" and the true followers of Islam...these rapists and child traffickers are lower than scum in my book

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thing is this....

You say you have a "problem with Islam"

You don't say "I have a problem with these paedophilie scumbags"

Then you draw the conclusion that somehow this is an islamic thing, instead of a group of evil men who took advantage of a 14 year old girl and abused her.

Organised crime and forced prostitution is not a new concept. Its been happening for years. Its despicable and evil.

But you decided to highlight that the people who did this were muslim solely because they were muslim, and then went on to try and make out that it was some kind of cultural thing, when plainly its not because - frankly - as sad as it is this happens all over the world on a regular basis.

So what conclusion do you expect people to draw from your argument - because if you are being all sweetness and light and non-predjudicial, then surely you would be condeming the act and the people who perpetrated it, rather than trying to highlight their religion, which is the least of the issues affecting the crime.

[edit on 3/8/10 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It would be nice if once, just once, a thread would not get derailed or an OP could not get called a bigot because they want to discuss Islam.

It would be nice if we actually discussed Islam in a sensible manner, instead of trying to blame all of society's ills on it though, don't you think?

This thread isn't a discussion of islam. Its a thinly veiled hit piece.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have noticed that it is becoming increasingly more common for threads like this to get moved to BTS as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by hinky

It's not often that you'll find me defending Islam etc but yeah, we all know that Mohammed married Aisha when she was 6 or 7 years old and connsumated their marriage when she was 9 but ffs, how many horrible, perverted paedophile scum bags have worn the dog collar of one Christian denomination or another?

The sex trade is as old and multi-cultural as the oldest profession itself.

But all these other scum bags didn't establish a religion. Then went to war against other religions in order to spread his words of peace. In in his peaceful spreading of his words, killed the infidels because the infidel had a sense of morals.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I'm in no way trying to defend Mohammed or Islam but merely pointing out that they are by no means unique in their complicity in human trafficking and sexploitation.

Extolling the virtues of Christianity whilst criticising the immorality of Islam seems quite bizarre given the publicity surrounding the conduct of some priests and other Christian clerics.

And let's face it, Christianity has hardly been reluctant to pursue it's moralstic, evangelcal message in the past and showed complete disregard and uncompromising disdain for alternative religions and the beliefs of indiginous people's.

Of course I think it's fair to say that Christianity as a whole has progressed and Islam seems to be going through some sort of barbaric dark age.
But for Christianity to take the moral high ground on this is at best naive and at worst ignorant and hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the Christian based cult called Catholicism. They had their own period of human right's abuses with the Inquisition. They seem to have grown out of that period while Islam has remained stuck with lack of basic human rights and ill treatment of women, for centuries.

I would also venture the Catholics have a tradition of homosexual tendencies and child abuse that has been multi-generational in nature. This is for a different thread as Islam's propensity for pedophilia is in question here.

Thanx for the feedback....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I recognise that Catholic abuse is more well known however, I think you are slightly innacurate in singling it out.

dannimoss.wordpress.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.reformation.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

My point is that the OP stated he had a problem with Islam due to the sexual exploitation of a 14 year old child, I'm saying that the practice crosses religous and cultural divides.

If anyone wants to deconstruct Islam I suggest it offers far better opportunities than this.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

There have been many threads recently about the treatment of women in Islam. The grand question, it seems, is do Islamic males see women as property, to be used (or abused) as they see fit?

OneisOne

Thank you .... Spot on in your understanding....

It is obvious that you have read through the threads as opposed to others who have 'cherry picked' what they read and then commented....

As I have also stated I have doubts about the legitimacy of ALL religions and the fact that 'followers' tend to run to the collective cover of their religion when they KNOW THEY are DOING WRONG.......

This was never a Specific HIT against Islam..... I include it with all the other religions as being a Control over people..

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Shame your thread is receiving so little attention since it was moved to BTS.

As a matter of curiosity, did anyone inform you that your thread was being moved and why?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Freeborn

I agree with you and there are significantly better opportunities to 'Slate' any religion than this, BUT i felt this appropriate to highlight because as I feel that sometimes people, women, children animals or whatever are seen as POSSESSIONS to be used, traded and abused and in this case the Guilty were from a specific faith.

I do NOT agree with any FAITH, as I have stated in previous posts on this, I cannot understand why most religions offer faith and hope but on the premise of FEAR and CONTROL......... I do not need to be told by any GOD what is right and what is wrong............... we all know that and if we don't and need to be told then I question the value of that individual.....

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Freeborn

I'm not bothered really..... I did send a question in about asking 'should I remove this thread as it was getting a few upset.... but the answer came back that I should have thought more about the title which I think was probably a fair point....... I did not know it had been moved until i came on just 10 mins ago but so what !!

What I find really interesting is that this thread in a short time created alot fury from people than previous threads I have started which are possibly more important to their everyday well being !!
I mean the pursuit of an Imaginary superior being is far more important to rant about than the daily survival of our species and planet.......says a lot i think....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

neformore
You are so WRONG ..... it was never intended as a 'hit piece'????

Admittedly as I keep saying..... the title perhaps was wrong however my sentiment remains the same !!! the fact it was an Islamic group of sex criminals was purely chance.. My point was that RELIGION in general is used as a cover by many of the nasty elements of our society to go and run to for protection...

If people see the word 'Islam' or Muslim or ANY religion and start screaming then that says to me they are unable to talk and explore in any reasonable way..... Surely that's TOLERANCE of others, something I thought the RELIGIONS on mass taught !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Personally I am Agnostic.

There is absolutely no way anyone can be 100% certain that 'God' either exists or doesn't.
So to me the question is irrelevant.

The reasoning for this is for another time and place.

But I truly believe organised religion is the bane of mankind.

Maybe the thread title was mis-leading and some people took the opportunity to take part in some pro-Christian, anti-Islam ranting.

But by moving it to BTS they have guaranteed that it get's less exposure.
A lot of members simply do not go there.
This seems to be happening quite a lot to sensitive, religious threads recently.
Is it because ATS does not want these threads on their front page?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join