It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That is when I sought solace on websites for skeptics. When I looked at the aforementioned questions with a skeptic's point-of-view, a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. However, the fear still permeates in my soul, due to the ubiquitous nature of conspiracy theories. I cannot escape them. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE them!!!

A rare insight into the mind of a denialist skeptic.

Interesting.

I thought the "sheep" world was also ruled by fear, I don't think it's exclusive to conspiracy theories.

You know "War on Terror", "Swine Flu Epidemic", all fear based, aimed at the sheep.

You can't blame others for scaring you with info, the fear is in you.

Besides, what's the worst that could happen? Death?

If anything, my search for truth, no matter how ugly, has only made me not scared.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Well... Consider people like me. Who were raised up on such "OH NO THE WORLD IS GOING TO END". Eventually we just stopped caring and couldn't give a sh*t what the news said. Same thing happened in the 50s that lead to hippies. Who cares? We all die in the end. Eventually the species dies and the universe. The inevitability of destruction and decay. Start small if you want to preserve. teach and educate those near you. But do not revolt and condemn yourself to death. Change slowly and when change often. Teach and gather those around you to what truth is and how to look at it. Eventually you will be their government, and you will become part of the system. Then you can change it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Live like a sheep than rather then live in fear ? sounds like you want to live like a slave rather than a human with some god damn rights...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I am completely the opposite to this, for truth and facing reality is the most healthy and freeing liberating thing humans can do. However, being depressed and upset is not healthy, whether that comes from investigating trails of evidence, or, in my case from watching lies on the news that still showed the state of the world, and depressed the heck out of me, to no end, so that I couldn't sleep at night.

I knew the way the world was and most of these consipiracies, and my family as well, long before our first computer which was in 2001.

So, your thread doesnt make any sense.

Knowing what is, and nudging others to wake up, so that we can be prepared ahead time, not commit suicide mind you, but be ready to help others, makes life positive.

I've always been aware of the metaphysial aspects, I'm an abudctee and experiencer, and my family has also had experiences, 2 know and remember enough. I've always sensed that we were being tested here.

I've never clung to this world, its not my home.

Being aware and really desiring/yearning for a better loving peaceful equal world without starvation or wars, alone would bring this metaphysically if we all wished it.

The world is a refletion of the unrest and angst in our souls and is the physial manifestation of our progress or state of being and we're in a heavy duty school.

So instead of worrying, meditate, and seek within yourself, for we're meant to step forward in positivity with strong yearings for a better world and nudging others to awareness, not in depression and gloom.

The depression and gloom for me was a part of the daily news hours, not in searching for answers, by the way.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I recently wrote two threads both looking at how conspiracies can be dangerous.

The first was “AST and mental illness”, I am not saying you are mentally ill but it is still the type of thing i was talking about. The second was about the risk of 2012 and the possible effects it could have on members that could sadly lead to suicide. I would ridiculed harshly for both those threads. To the people who ridiculed, insulted and discredited me for this, read this thread.

I do not fear the type of thing you were talking about because to be perfectly honest with you i have never believed any of it. I am glad that you have been able to get over this and I am truly glad you are now safe, long may it continue.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you, and only scan what others say in the interest of seeing what is going on. Truth is, all this which is happening is bull#, truth or not. It is a game we play while here, some are good guys and some are the bad guys, sound familiar, like playground stuff. Being a sheep however is not an option, but going bonkers over politics etc. or following a fear mongers idea of reality is not in the equation either. Rule, follow no ones path and thus avoid those pitfalls these folks are mired in. Find your own path, even if it need be hewn out of granite.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I dont fear it but keep in mind that most of what is discussed is real and underworks, though not going to have the outcomes they desire,since its kind of takes us to participate. Or rather, can only be as possible as the ones participating allow. This is all a test. Not from the leaders, they're being tested too, but often don't know that.

Researching and seeing injustice is very healthy, for we are repsonsible as well for this world, though most of us alone cant' change it, we can change it or vastly improve it if we start to envision a better one.

The mental illness of people watching lies in the media, but seeing the truth too, crimes, inequality, suffering, warzones, starvation, and doing nothing, feeling suicidal, is ridiculous.

The point to knowledge is to act, to send out yearnings for a better world, to ask under the stars, to pray, meditate, envision it, to nudge others to awareness and help them see it.

Also, 2012 is a date, there have already been many disasters, like Haiti, and Chili, and Rwanda, too many for words really, in which hundreds of thouands and millions lost their lives.

Being ready to help others, thinking of what survival would look like in any situation, paying attention to threats of war, nuclear, chemicals in our food, water, soil, and other things brought up, like the grid going out, the economy crashing and how to group up and survive is only a very healthy thing.

There should be groups in every community and every generation preparing and ready.
Its also the repsonsible thing to do.

All I know is, whether you follow the news as your source of information, or question beyond it, as my family always did, being positive and helpful to others, and envisioning a much better world is not depressing, its very very liberating and takes away depression, it gives you the feeling that you can do something, you can make a differnence, no matter what your income, status, its all irrelvant. We can always be positive and find others to discuss solutions with, and nudge others.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
For everyone proclaiming "Don't blame the messenger" or the "the truth is scary", I can't help but notice you all seem to accept everything as truthful and accurate.

I suggest that not everything is worthy of fear. All the threats are not real. So when a media personality knowingly exaggerates or leads people to believe something that isn't true or is mainly opinion, well then, he absolutely deserves blame, ridicule or credit for it.

Almost everyone is stating opinions with no first hand knowledge whatsoever, parroting others sometimes entirely. I mean really, who the hell really knows anything about what really goes on with the Bilderburgers or that the "globalists" secretly are enacting eugenics plans and plotting to kill millions. For all you know, they don't give two #s about anything of the sort.

So stop saying "The Truth" is scary, when it's really just one opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Its not accepting everything as truth or accurate, its a sense of following trails. There is evidnce behind much of it, and I pretty well assume that if its out there, someone wants others to look at this. The conspiracies are often well documented in a trail of evidence "out of their own mouths" and things they publish. The evidence for this world is all around us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Interesting how you blame all of the people you have listed but seemed to leave out the most important one...Yourself.

You're the one that scared yourself into an oblivion and you're the one that became imbalanced enough to contemplate suicide. No one told you to buy into that stuff, you did it to yourself. Now you want to blame those people for stuff you openly chose to consume?

All of the people you have listed are people who are trying to do the same thing that you are...earn a living. Its not their fault that you voluntarily pulled yourself into your own private horror movie.

And...as you will soon find out, the truth is subjective. There are no real truths except for LOVE. You fed your own delusions, and just because you NOW choose to reject them, does not mean that there isn't merit to some of the stuff that you openly and willingly digested. The point of reading that stuff is to increase your awareness, not lose your mind. It seems to me that you may be very weak on the inside, and that it doesn't take much to rattle your cage. You might want to change that about yourself soon, otherwise you'll be on psychotropics for the rest of your life wondering what went wrong.

You remind me of that guy named "Cipher" in the movie the "Matrix." You learn the truth only to re-embrace the lie. Your statement in the title of the OP says it all..."I would rather be a sheep." And whom do you choose as your shepherd? You're weak my friend. Whether any of this stuff is real, or whether everything is standard and conventional, you have no cajones.

Grow up and get yourself a pair.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I partially agree with the OP.

But i think the NWO is already here, and has always been, although not so evident in the past. It's been happening gradually, so graually that it becomes normality and instead of feeling a slave you actually feel more free.
It's been like this forever, what is normal now some time ago was unthinkable.
Tell my grandfather to pay 20% tax to the state, he'll tell you it's robbery and unjustifiable(and he's probably right).
What makes you think that you are free now, if you are all slaves of the economic and social system estabilished in the last century.
Life is a compromise, you chose to be part of society and live in big cities with a "good job", have nice clothes , have the nicest cellphone,
or you can chose a simple life, with simple colthes, with less technology, and less dependent on the system, thus being free. It is your choice anctually,
you can blame TPTB all day for being such badass but at least take some responsability for your choice of lifestyle that makes you extremely dependant(thus slave) of the system.
Maybe we should see less evil in TPTB and have a little more insight on the evil that is in us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
While I was exposed to the so-called "truth," I was living in a state of fear. The fear was continous and overpowering.

-When is the NWO going to declare martial law and round up the population?
-What can I do to avoid the diseases they created?
-When are they going to place me in a FEMA camp.
-When was I going to get my mandatory vaccine.
-When is Codex going to be implemented?
-On what day does the NWO take over?

.....since thers not really any proof of any of those things, being scared of it is pretty damn silly.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Lateralus51]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Yes how very convenient.

I don't buy this thread, the OP seems a bit too eager to commit suicide over pending conspiracies, why not wait and see what happens before you off yourself?

And now he's fine because he supresses his true feelings and pretends to be a sceptic?

No offense to the OP, but I have a hard time buying this, it makes no sense at all, and Kevin, people want to kill themselves over lot's of stuff all the time, I don't think any conspiracy theory is the direct cause for any of it.

And what is your ultimate goal? Should we stop talking about conspiracy in general, to prevent suicides by people that are easily pushed over the edge anyways? No pun intended.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I prefer to be an informed sheep. That's why I call myself "Sheeple Flavored". ( lol I spelled it wrong due to my astigmatism though!) I acknowledge my sheeple status in that I have realized I can't fight every negative influence on us. I like to be informed enough to make a positive contribution to life when I get the opportunity. I have an irrepressible sense of humor that sees me through most of the crap. George Carlin's humor resonates with me greatly.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't think you have to live in Fear to search for Truth. I also think you are well suited to be a Sheep.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

This is an excellent statement by you Vicodin. And trust me, a good slave he will be.

Could you imagine having this type of person by your side in an epic crisis? You'd have to kill him just so that he wouldn't infect the morale of the others, as often the military will do when a soldier begins to panic.

Wow. There are too many weak minds in the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Agreed. I find the internal weakness of the OP to be pukeable at best. When I see someone so easily rattled, and so incredible skittish at their own shadows, to me, it does more harm to let them out in public to where they will infect the constitution of the general public than just to let them off themselves so the weakness doesn't spread. Personally, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or commit suicide, I truly don't...But on the same token, I'd much rather him do this than to infect others with his apparent willingness to roll over and take it up the...

Well, you know.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

the military kills their soldiers when they panic? what, did you see that in a movie?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Agreed that suicide should not be an option and neither should one bury his
head in the sand.

If you had cancer you would want to know what stage it was in and what you could do about it, just as you should the problems of this world. It may be painful to face the truth but at least one can be prepared to deal with it, if and when the SHTF.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join