It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

sheep or man? living without fear....

maybe there is a way to be both?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be18dd9cb66c.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Now don’t go loath yourself just because you want to live your life. We all have a life to live. Even those who are responsible for your stress. If you feel like you are satisfied with the life you’re living or your own life philosophy, then that’s just fine. Believe me, there is no satisfaction in living a lie. There is always something in a life path that leads to the truth.

The growing energy vampirism in the conspiracy theory world is due to those who feed of other’s fear; don’t forget that some people have dark agendas. You will figure them out when only fear is taking over because of their incessant fear mongering. When you fell like you’re getting close to the truth, no matter how uneasy or fatal it might be, you feel freer(even happier).

And you know, truth-seeking can be a personnal path; you don't have to be part of some "group".

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
With all do respect, it would seem that the problem doesn't lie with the people spreading the alleged facts but rather with your inability to cope with it.

Letting your fear consume you is the wrong thing to do.
I honestly don't see what there is to be afraid of, considering that nothing has changed where your life is concerned, just how you have chosen to look at it.

You listed various topics that you said concerned you, and my question to you is, how would not being informed lengthen your life in any way?

You are still very much going to die regardless of your knowledge and whether it be by an elitist manipulation of the human genome or by a choking on a chicken bone whats the difference?

Rather than becoming all encompassed by fear why don't you live your life to the fullest.

You mentioned suicide, FOR WHAT?

If a doctor said you have a tumor with only 3 days to live would you kill yourself as well? Come on now this is getting ridiculous.

Putting your head in the dirt is not going to change anything, and I think if anything you should be using your knowledge to stay alert rather than living in fear of the unchangeable.

Just relax for Gods sake.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
To the OP:

There are those who have the strength to face these awful truths and some with enough courage to even fight to change them. But then there are people like you who do not have the strength nor the courage. Its a shame that there are not more people with the latter traits, and more that tend to be like you. If there were enough of the strong and the brave, we might have enough power to actually make a difference.

Its like the old movie line:

"YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it?"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Instead of blaming others for your fear, try just facing it.

Those people are not responsible for your fears, those peoples theories attracted you because of something that was already existent in you, but which you were ignoring or pushing down.

Even if everything they say is true, (and I dont believe it is) you dont have to fear it. Everything just is what it is. You take things as they come, one at a time, and you deal with them.

Fear is projecting into the future what MIGHT happen tomorrow, or next week, or next year. You dont have to do that. No matter what the truth is about reptilians or aliens or PTB or whatever.

Just bring your focus back to what you are doing right now. In the moment. And just focus on doing the best you can, with the skills and intelligence you have. You can speculate, but dont get dragged forward in time by that speculation, keep it here with you in the present and you will be fine.

You WILL die someday. You may or may not see it coming. Dont worry about it now. Just deal with it the one day you have to. Thats what the saying "A coward dies a thousand deaths a brave man only once" means. Fear makes you play out a thousand horrible outcomes. Brave people just focus on doing their best in the moment, and when death catches up to them, they only experience it that one time. No more.

Good luck. And just say no to suicide. I am glad you didnt actually do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

You're being ironic, aren't you?

No?

Oh, well. These conspiracy theories are bollocks, you know. They are confabulations. Some crook or mentally ill person starts a nonsense story. Other crooks and mentally ill people glom on to it and add to it. Eventually you have a full-blown conspiracy theory worth thirty pages, 54 stars and 155 flags on Above Top Secret.

The real sheep are the poor dupes who believe in these conspiracy theories.

Real conspiracies do exist, but they're much more ordinary and not really very frightening. Apart from a few well-known exceptions like MK-Ultra, the conspiracies discussed on ATS are all false. And even the tiny handful of conspiracies that are real have all been blown completely out of proportion by reinforcement through continuous hysterical discussion.

Belief in confabulated conspiracy theories is a form of hysteria. If you are still living in fear, you aren't fully cured yet. But you're getting better.

Good luck with your recovery.

Edit to add: Listen to what Illusionsaregrander says in the post above mine. He is quite right; do yourself a favour and follow his advice. IAG, a star from me for your post.
Further edit to add: I have just been informed that IAG may not be male. My apologies for the slightly sexist assumption above, if such is indeed the case.

[edit on 3/8/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

Fortunately, these are not our only choices.

Even if you ultimatley decide to do nothing about it, its better to know than not to know. Simply speaking, it makes you a stronger and more profound person.

And you are right, it *is* scary. But guess what -- by "giving up" and going back to normal "ignorance is bliss" mode, you are giving in to your fear. In other woids, you have let your fear rule you and make your decisions for you. It may feel like the fear has abated by ignoring it, but this is the feeling a junkie gets when he takes a shot and feels the pain of withdrawal go away. "Ahh, what a relief. No more pain." For a little while, at least.

What the junkie and the man who has capitulated to fear have in common is that they are both controlled by forces outside themselves. The junkie's every move is centered around preventing and alleviating the pain of withdrawal. And the fear-victim can be manipulated, shunted this way and that, by subtle cues designed to evoke the threat of fear.

Once you realize that you are being lied to, in order to combat the fear you need to build tremendous psychospiritual resources to balance it out. In other words, you need to build inner strength of character (whether you do it spiritually or secularly is up to you). You need to steel yourself to become a stronger person. Then, perhaps someday, you can look your worst fears straight in the eye and, whatever course of action you take or don't take, you will be acting from a position in which you have taken control over yourself, rather than a position in which you have capitualted and allowed an external power to control you via your own inabiliity to deal with your own fear.

Good luck. Its never easy. But remember, there will be lots of us rooting for you. "Find the others."

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
Doesn't calling yourself a sheep, mean you subscribe to the folks you mention?
It is their word for those still asleep, right?
So are you going back to bed?
Hope you sleep well.

He isn't asleep if he is still aware.
He sees things from all angles, skeptics and conspiracy theorists alike.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's my opinion that the sheep are the ones who live in fear, that is why they are sheep and follow the flock, safety in numbers.

Knowledge is power and for-warned is for-armed.

The truth will set you free, but it will frighten and annoy you, that is normal.

I don't know why you blame that list of names for your reaction to their information, it was always your choice to read it or not, if you don't like it or it gets too much then don't go there.

I am sorry, but by and large the world is unfair and quite evil, that is the reality.
Children are still slaves, Wars are fought for profit and the planet is raped for resources.
That cotton wool cloak of ignorance might be nice and warm and cuddly but it comes with a price, if you really want to drink the kool-aid and brush your teeth with lovely Fluoride toothpaste then ultimately that is your choice.
With knowledge comes responsibility.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hi Op,
I know exactly how you feel when you say the fear makes you want to commit suicide, this is quite normal. It`s not that you want to die, more like you can`t take the fear anymore and you don`t know how to live with it. This fear is not fear it is anxiety. Anxiety is caused when our imagination runs riot. There are two realms 'what is happening' and 'what is not happening'. In the realm of 'what is not happening', anything can happen! All sorts of scary things can happen there. Then there is the realm of 'what is happening', and here, only this is happening, not a lot really. 'What is happening' can be seen as boring by the mind so the mind makes up stories about 'what is not happening' where it can be the star and controller. In 'what is happening' the mind doesn`t get a look in. We think we are our minds, and the mind likes it that way. When you realize you are not the mind the mind will be brought down a peg or two. Don't blindly believe the thoughts, ask is it happening?, is it really true?
When we go into the 'realm of what is not happening', our bodies feel and experience what our mind is experiencing, it doesn`t know any difference.
Anyway, i went through the discovery of nwo etc, and i think it is on the path to truth. I think you have to realize the fear before you can free yourself from it.
Fear is not what we naturally are, but what a lot of us have been veiled in. Only when you see and feel the fear will you strive to be free from it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Everything that 'happens' is perfect. Things that are 'not happening', little stories in the head, say everything is flawed.
All the horror stories in this world are there to wake everyone up. When we can no longer stand the fear we will be ready to die, like the op wanting to commit suicide, you must die before you can live.
Living only 'happens' here and now. Spending so much time in what is 'not happening' is death. Live now and it will always be enough.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I dont live in fear, but that doesnt mean I am not informed

and, if you prefer to be a sheep, well, you are irresponsible, since most sheeps didnt choose anything, they just didnt have the chance to evolve

and you would be irresponsible to choose to be a sheep, simply because the reality is that the only way the people will win this information war is if everybody get on board and start asking questions, and that wont happen if people start giving up on it ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
While I agree that persons like Alex Jones are just the white pieces in the globalist chess game (they play both sides). VIf you want to plug back into the Matrix then go ahead. You have to go out of your way to know about David Ike, Alex Jones, ATS, and Bill Cooper. Plugging back into the Matrix is as easy as turning on your TV and turning off your computer.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Wotan89

Instead of blaming others for your fear, try just facing it.

when i face my fears i see how others accumilate their fears and begin throwing them down onto the children at an early age in order to get them to conform to the expectations of society.

laws are the accumilation of our fears and hates. period.

so, i think it is appropriate to blame others for our fears, because they activley, passively, and even aggressively support the systems that burden me with their fears and hates, ie: laws.

and how many laws are there? who knows the number of laws that exist?

i admit i may be mistaken or possibly even confused, but i do think it is appropriate to blame others for our fears, since others make their fears my laws.

and each law is a leash.
and each leash i wear weighs me down with the gravity of it.

there is some of my serious & straight forward thoughts on this issue,
et

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
None of those people forced you the watch, read or listen to what they had to say did they?.

Do yourself a favour (and potentially everyone else) Don't plug back into the matrix, the fear will subside and well to steal a quote from someone "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

[edit on 3/8/2010 by survivor]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That's sad. Im sorry to hear that those things scared you to the point you was thinking of killing yourself. Alex Jones, David Icke, Jesse Ventura and the rest of us will leave you alone I promise. I just wish are Four Fathers, Christopher Columbus or even Martin Luther King would have would have taken your steps. They should have just turned their heads and ran when scary stuff approached them. Your one of the most courageous, strong minded and strong willed person Iv heard of in a long time. More Americans should be like you. My hat is off to you OP. Keep Hope Alive or in your case When you feel Hopeless Hide.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Now I will have to star your comment. Seems to me that many believe others on this site are 'asleep' or 'sheep' because they don't agree with their own personal view, regardless on what of the many theories on here actually relate to.

If I had any comment of my own above your synopsis Stars15k it would be to add it's alright to question, just be wary of anyone who says they have the answers.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Pack a bug-out bag.

Put it away in a secure place in your home.

Live your happy life. Then someday you can give it to one of your grandchildren or someone that age, and say, "I never needed this! I hope you never do either.".

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You own your fear buddy, yours to deal with it. I rather wanting to be a man about-it then some other kind of "farm animal".

Wotan, go to the Dagobah system and meet whit a guy named Yoda. Is expecting you.

edit : correction

[edit on 3-8-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Information contains no emotion. You decoded it with your fear filter on and apparently set to high.

Relax, we win. You're just living through the experience of how we did it. -Max Igan

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join