It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Two weeks ago, I sought the "truth." Today, I am a free man. Why is that so? I will explain.

While I was exposed to the so-called "truth," I was living in a state of fear. The fear was continous and overpowering.

-When is the NWO going to declare martial law and round up the population?
-What can I do to avoid the diseases they created?
-When are they going to place me in a FEMA camp.
-When was I going to get my mandatory vaccine.
-When is Codex going to be implemented?
-On what day does the NWO take over?

These were the questions I asked myself. They would not escape my head, even when I tried to suppress them. These questions tormented me, day in and day out.

That was when I contemplated suicide. I wanted to end the fear in my mind. It was ruining my life. Suicide was the only way out.

That is when I sought solace on websites for skeptics. When I looked at the aforementioned questions with a skeptic's point-of-view, a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. However, the fear still permeates in my soul, due to the ubiquitous nature of conspiracy theories. I cannot escape them. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE them!!!

I blame the following people for my fear.
-Alex Jones
-David Icke
-Truthergirl
-Ian R. Crane
-Jesse Ventura
-Jason Bermas
-Aaron Russo
-William Cooper
-Pamela Schuffert
-David Dees

I will never, never, EVER forgive these for what they did to me! If they are spreading for the sake of truth, fine. If they are spreading fear for the sake of money or hits, then STOP IT!!! If you, an ATS member, are spreading fear for the same reason, then STOP IT!!! I can tell you from experience that it does NOT help in any way! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!

I would rather live a normal life than a life enveloped in fear. The worst I can handle is an economic collapse. (I personally respect Gerald Celente, but he lost some credibility when he appeared on "The Alex Jones Show.") But if the NWO does take over--and I personally do not think they will, for I believe they do not exist--and will kill myself. There is no stopping me from doing so.

It is ironic to gaze upon the name of Prisonplanet.com. The truth may set you free, but Alex Jones's version of the truth imprisons you with fear, a form of fear that is even worse than the prison set up by the NWO, or whatever you want to call them.

You may call me a sheep, an emo, or a coward. I do not care! I am free from fear, although it still follows me.

I will stay on this site for the sake of the topics that involve the paranormal, and I will still be active on this thread. Thanks for your time. Sorry if I offended the fans of the mentioned people.

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a888b225a309.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Pretty sure Codex is already implemented.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I'm not one to let myself be bothered by worrying about doom and gloom, but I do think it is important that we all question things. If we never questioned anything, then we'd still be living in caves. Some may argue that we'd never have even made it to evolving into a primate.

Anyway, my best advice is to take things with a grain of salt and still question things from both perspectives (the believer and the skeptic).

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's been said that anyone in media with any kind of meaningful audience is "part of the system". I tend to agree.

As for Alex Jones and the like, many people when first exposed to this kind of information are understandably intrigued. Then once you come out from under the ether, you begin to notice the problems with these people, especially if you're truly interested in the truth. When critical thinking kicks in, disappointment is inevitable. Your expectations are just too high for a media personality.

I can't even listen to them much anymore, it just too aggravating. I'll check the websites for headlines or subjects I'm interested in, but that's about all I can take.

Suicide is a choice I also consider at times, it's not the big scary decision that it used to be for me anymore, but I'm not finished yet, maybe the universe has plans for you too.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i'm about the opposite, in some sort of demented way i look forward to a bit of doom and gloom. i'm getting impatient waiting for more events that will wake up more of the population.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think one way to eliminate the fear that you speak of is to refrain from listening to the media. No TV, radio, newspapers, internet, etc. Find an interest in something else. What you don't know can't hurt you.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Fear is exactly why people need women or men in their lives.

To help distract from it and for others like me make it go away completely.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I go back and forth on this one.

You can't blame the people that report the truth. They did not make it true.

Going back to sleep would be OK some days for sure!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Doesn't calling yourself a sheep, mean you subscribe to the folks you mention?
It is their word for those still asleep, right?
So are you going back to bed?
Hope you sleep well.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

What you don't know can't hurt you.

um, unless you believe in chemtrails, flouride, gmo foods etc..........

blissful ignorance is pretty tough to achieve in the long term.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wether you live in fear or defiance, the agenda still rolls along.
If you wish to hide yer head in the sand so be it...
It is the same choice as the firing squad officer gives you when he says would you like a blinfold?a chair?
No thanks ill take mine with eyes wide open standing up..........
stirling

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Hi Wotan,

Firstly I say this as lovingly as the words will permit....

We cannot blame others for how we allowed ourselves to react. Are we not master of what we Do?

Calmness is found at a point of balance. Being in the world but no Of it.

It is good to see, hear and read perceptions on what is happening in the world around us, even though most of it is deplorable to us. It's good also to see, hear and read the opposing perceptions, whether we agree with them or not.

But it is You who is responsible for what you do with that information.

We know both perceptions are toxic to some degree, and so we can observe, breathe and focus our mind on the things we do in each moment... becoming aware of our Reaction in order to choose more clearly what our Action will be.

Thoughts create feeling (notice the lower case "f" used there). Test this by having a thought that would upset you.. there you go.. you just proved it to yourself.

These strong reaction feelings are not the truth of a thing, they are only Reactions. So at that time focus on what you are doing now, and you have to force yourself to do it as the mind will want to drift back into "control".

About 30 days of constantly reminding yourself every 10 to 20 seconds will establish a new behaviour.

What will happen then is you will see, hear and read things. You will have an instant reaction to these inputs.. but you will not have to let it gather speed and energy enough to overpower you.. being Reactionary.

If you are seeking Hope in the World today, then it has to start with You.

Only you can choose what you do in each moment. If you choose a different long term outlook to either of the seen, heard and read perceptions, then begin now to establish that as your operating system.

Choose it. Act on it knowingly.

The only authentic way to stop being 'hope-less' is to start being an example of Your Own Hope for the world. Others will see this in you and accept the seeds you offer.

Those seeds will consist mostly of how you talk, how you listen, how you move, how you breathe and shine in this world.

edited for silly spelling mistakes

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Fear will always be there until you learn to confront it. And by experiencing the fear you begin to think of potential scenerios and how you will be prepared to meet an encounter. Fear serves to prepare and motivate you.

Sometimes there are real dangers in the world and we cannot always put our heads in the sand. It is an advantage to be able to think through probable situations and know how you would react. This gives you power. This gives you the upper hand. This gives you the ability to turn the tables.

Granted a lot of the things you are referring to may be false flags and unnecessary fearmongering. But examine the claims, because there could be a grain of truth. If not, ask why you are being played. Remember the illusionist is determined to distract you from the trick that is really happening in his left hand.

Don't look where these fear mongers are pointing. Look in another direction and maybe you will begin to see why they are yelling so loud to throw you off the scent.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
fear is only a perception, true fear does not kick in till one is confronted with bodily harm.
for instance, starring down the barrel of an enemies gun.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

GOOD FOR YOU! I support your awakening back to the real world.
I am a person who see conspiracy only as willful ignorance, as all theories seem to have easy to find, real life explanations. OR they are proven to be downright hoaxes. The proponents pushing all these theories are only out for $$$, and they have a ready, gullible audience.
You are NOT a "sheeple", you have escaped the flock. It's not the people who have asked questions and found answers who are being led, it's the people who lap up the intrigue and idiocy without asking questions.
People who espouse the attitude that "everything "they"told you is wrong" and "if you don't believe like I do, you are one of "them", need to take a similar reality check.
But don't suggest holding your breath until they do.....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Fear?
Just another motivator, I must be worn and tattered, it doesnt even bother me anymore.
I listen to the broadcasts and sort out the lies and go about my business.
Fear is like an addiction for some people, if things are going good, they seem to self sabotage any chance of continued joy.
Be careful, that's all I can offer.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Though you may want to ignore what you now know, it will be impossible. I'm sure most of the people on this site, have an out, a place that revolves around peace for them.

Researching cannot be a full time job. As long as you are aware of the dangers that surround us in this world that will always give you a leg up in the end.

So those that you blame for the information, in fact you should thank, they helped to open your eyes, you just weren't prepared for what you were going to see. I assure you that you aren't the only one that went through this, we all have at some point.

At first we acquire fear, then understanding, and lastly knowledge. I'm not always happy with the state of our world, but I know that when it all comes down to who knows what, I will know what line I will stand in.

The line of freedom, knowledge, compassion, and faith in myself, for taking the time to acquire what so many fear, and thats an understanding that though sometimes we choose to keep our eyes closed, I choose to peek.

I am a better person for it, and I am always happy to come to a place that I know our views although not always the same, we are all looking for knowledge.

So good journey my friend, I hope that the path you choose will make you happy, as my choice has done for me.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just to clarify a few things, I am still an anti-government man. Even without the NWO or whatever, I do not trust politicians. Yes, that includes Ron Paul, as well. (Sorry).

There is something I forgot to add. Of all the people I have listed, Alex Jones is, by far, the biggest pereptrator. I shoud have trusted my senses before watching his show. He has awful vibes, and something tells me that this man is to be ignored at all costs. But that is just me.

However, what really bugs me are the legions of fans who view Alex Jones as a messiah. They are some of the meanest people I have ever met. They hate anyone who is not a member of their flock. I wish the casual fans of Alex Jones would stand up, but sadly, they are a minority on the internet.

I fear that these people will ascend the throne and establish a dictatorship that greatly differs from what they preach. Certain groups of people--pagans, Satanists, Freemasons, skeptics, police officers, politicians, for example--will either be placed in jail, or in concentration camps, whether they are innocent or not.

It frightens me that such hateful people are the "truthers." If martial law is declared, it will be due to their foolish and violent acts against whom they percieve as supporters of the NWO. People haved deemed me a hateful SOB and a Neo-Nazi, but I do not advocate the killing of certain groups of people, unlike the select few of "truthers," who masturb*te to the blood of TPTB.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing with us what you're going through Wotan89, I'm sure there are others here going through the same thing.

What you're going to have to do is stop feeding fear, because fear will eat you up. It's a nasty spirit.

Suicide should NEVER be an option, and don't let the "spirit of fear" try to talk you into it!

There's nothing wrong with keeping up with Current Events and being aware of what's what's going on, but you need to back off the doom and gloomers for awhile. Your peace of mind is more important!

A long time ago, guy asked me what I wanted out of life.

I replied... "Just to be satisfied."

Maybe you need to decide what YOU want out of life.

As for me.... I refuse to to die until I am satisfied!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join