It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Jeah, but I think the OP isn't even being real, seems more like someone registered a 2nd account yesterday and wrote up this story to back up his other account.

Just a hunch, call me paranoid.

I can't believe that the OP is actually for real, if he is, conspiracy theory is not the cause of his problems, anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Well yes Kevin, I was on that thread that you created. There were a few things that did not ring true for me, in your posts, though.

However, after seeing the weakness displayed by the OP, I would have to say that there are certain people who are better off taking the proverbial "Blue Pill," so that their stability (or the illusion of their stability) can remain intact.

This guy sounds like he's either got an agenda, or, the alternative would be that he was always imbalanced from the very beginning and simply cannot ascertain any reality suitable for himself.

Regardless...it sounds like he needs help and hopefully he'll find it. I'm sure its nothing that a decent dose of Thorazine couldn't handle.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Yep. Star from me. You're probably 100% correct on this.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

suicide? really come on u must be sheep or maybe mice if u think thats the only way out. noone can take ur birthday away, stand and fight for what u think is right

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We all live under the constant fear of sudden death! Whether you keep it at the surface or you keep it buried, fear is just a part of life. To say that you are now free from fear is a little like saying water isn’t wet. It sounds like you have big issues if Alex Jones indeed got you so worked up you considered suicide. Get help right now, DO NOT WAIT! The way we deal with fear is key to our mental health, and what you speak of is more intune with some type of mental illness, than anything else.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Hello Wotan89.

Quite a listing of folks for you to blame for your woes. But you forgot to mention someone...

...yourself.

YOU determine your own destiny. YOU make the choices which result in whatever events there are that may come into your experience. And, my friend, it is indeed YOU who chooses whether or not to interpret that experience in whatever manner you wish.

Look Wotan89...I mean absolutely no offense when offering this sentiment, but I have found that your (and my own) lives are the result of individual choices we respectively make. Only YOU control your life, and no one else - this feat being accomplished through the application of personal choice. And even though it may "seem" as though forces outside yourself are controlling you, it seems so ONLY because YOU CHOOSE to interpret your experience in that manner.

I'm bringing something to your attention here Wotan89, and am not trying to tell you how to live your life. But I DO wish to offer one bit of wisdom I learned from my Dad long ago...that every length of rope is not necessarily used for hanging. Sometimes, it's there for you to grab onto when nothing else seems to work, and whoever's holding the other end is most probably a friend just trying to help.

Most of us here at ATS are hanging onto the other end my friend, but as with all other events which come into your life...it's your choice whether to take it or not.

And sometimes, it's better to sit back and try to enjoy the ride instead of attempting to jump off.

Best Wishes.

Mindpeace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"That is when I sought solace on websites for skeptics."

That is your first problem. You should have sought solace from a psycho-therapist immedietly.

Second, you would have discovered through intensive pyscho- therapy you have deep seeded issues that most likely stem from a traumatic event that took place during your developmental years.

Environmental stimulus doesn't cause suicide thoughts, your emotional state of being and reaction external stimulus causes suicidal thoughts, and in some mentally ill persons, the commit to self-annilihation.

The skeptics will tell you, all that NWO crap is just that crap. Go about your daily life. Only the next thing that you react to with thoughts of suicide will be your perception that your boss or co-worker is out to get you.

You have a mental illness that has been present long before you heard about the NWO, etc. et. al.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Thnx.

I guess we'll never kno fo sho.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

You just cant get to into conspiracies too much (thats just me try not to) you will constantly think about, it happend to me when my big brother first told me about the illumanti and the new world order. I got too far into it, and then I said "I can kick their ass" and just let it go, (doesnt mean that i dont belive it, i had just acquired all the information needed for the truth)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you never found the truth. When you find the truth it sets you free with love, it doesn't burden you down with fear. Sounds again in my opinion, like you just beleived what you were told without doing any research for yourself. If you really get as scared as you do, you might have to really ask yourself what you're scared of....Is it death that you're afraid of; because if that's the case you might just be afraid of life. One in his own way, must come to terms with death, a few close calls have more then done that for me, but again these are the questions you should try asking yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sucks for you kid.

And then it sucks for the rest of us that much more because of that.

If everyone in Germany had been this blissfully ignorant during the 1930s, oh, nevermind....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

In my opinion you need to edit your thread title.

Substitute BOY for Man, because really, until you can start taking responsibility for who and what you listen to - and stop blaming others, you're not ready to wear 'man shoes'.

As for the rest of your thread - sorry, it just doesn't ring true - something too self serving, too 'barren' - too... Well just put it this way, my gut instinct says there's something just 'off' about it. Sorry M8.

peace

By the way, there's nothing wrong with thinking and feeling and acting youthful.

I don't envy you. It must be horribly scary to be on the verge of adulthood in the world as we know it today. So really, I'm not backhanding you, more I'm trying to build you up.

See if you can find someone who will mentor you. There are MEN here on ATS who I believe would be more than willing to lend an ear via U2U. Who will be willing to give you some much needed attention, counseling and 'brother-hood' - in my opinion - things you could really benefit from.

If not someone here on ATS maybe somewhere in your area offers mentors who are Seniors that spend time with the 'younger generation'. You can learn an awful lot from Seniors.

Hey, good luck to you, hang in there...

peace

edit = spelling

[edit on 3-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
TPTB have conditioned people not to think for themselves, and to have unquestioning faith that they are doing what is best for us. Thinking for oneself has been actively discouraged in many subtle ways - not least of all through MSM and education and by suppression of real dissent.

So, for those who have had this kind of blind faith, starting to see that things may not be as comfortable or as safe as they thought they were can indeed be scary.

The point I am making, though, is that it's very unwise to swap unquestioning faith in one group to unquestioning faith in another, which is what I think you may have done - ie. gone from unquestioning faith in the gubberment to unquestioning faith in the 'conspiracy theorists'.

The whole truth of what is happening is not known to most people, and even those who do know all or a large part of what is going on don't know what the outcome will be, because there are factors which may or may not come into play which can change the course of things. Some of those things are in our control to some extent at least, others are not - such as solar flares.

So, for those of us who do read the 'possible different scenarios' (aka conspiracy theories), it seems to me the great gift of this process is that as well as learning some more of the truth, we learn some vital skills - learning to think for ourselves, evaluate information, come to our own conclusions despite what anyone else thinks. In this way we free ourselves from the conditioning and dumbing down.

I believe it is unwise to believe any theory - the gubberment theories as well as the 'alternative scenario theories', without doing one's own reading and research and seeking to understand.

As we go through this process, I believe we are reclaiming our minds, our hearts and our humanity and our intellectual freedom.

If you do swallow all the scaremongering which also does go on, you will, of course, feel scared - terrified even. It seems to me you have taken a 'victim' approach to things - eg. when is this going to happen, when are they going to do this to me...but I believe the truth is you have more power and more resoures than you currently realise.

The 'victim' state, by its very nature, generates fear. But that's not the only choice.

I also believe that just reading and thinking about these things, without taking some kind of action, could leave one feeling helpless. As such, I believe it's also important to search for solutions and put some energy into that.

I respect your decision to avoid conspiracy theories, if that is what you believe is best for you. You alone know how to deal with your own mind.

I personally prefer to seek out the truth, as much as I can, and my experience is that the truth it is composite. You have to try to sort the wheat from the chaff and piece it together bit by bit.

You could also try lookiing into positive proactive ways of being in the situation we are all in today, and of positive theories. Things such as the increase in consciousness which many people believe is going on, and how we can plug into that, or learning to live more from the heart and less from the mind, and learning to live more in the love mode than the power mode.

I have no doubt, anyway, that in time the truth comes knocking - one way or another, the truth, whatever it proves to be, comes and presents itself to us. That can be either scary or liberating, depending on our own states of mind and our own circumstances.

You have a mind which you can learn to use in a liberating and life enhancing way...if you choose and if you want to make the effort. And how you would do that is entirely your own choice. Only you can ever make that decision.

There are many ways you can become part of the solution rather than part of the problem, without buying into all the theories you come across. It's just a question of finding which way is right for you.

I do sympathise with you, intense fear is a horrible experience, and these times seem to be unprecedented and can be very scary. But you are not alone, because we are all in this together and you are not weak, you have untold, untapped strength inside of you, and you don't have to consent to being a victim of your fear, or the fear anyone or any power may or may not want to inflict on you.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by wcitizen]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It depends what the Truth means to you. To some it's the conspiracies. To others like me it's the universe, understanding its greatness.

Some people are in a state of mental health that leads them to believe every conspiracy out there. And some like to use them, whether it's for marketing their book or DVD.. or just throwing jokes.

For example if I was a liar, I could make a conspiracy claim here.. for example writing about how tooth paste is poisonous and meant to do bad things to masses.. and then laugh reading the posts of people who stopped using tooth paste because of it

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
ATS sometimes reaching astronomical levels of absurdity...

To be a man living in fear IS to be a sheep! Since when it became different???

Worst thread title ever!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I didn't know that my wife has a board account. Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Probably very few German/Jewish people in 1935 would have suspected that in ten short years, the majority that had not left Germany would be worked to death/slaughtered in concentration camps.

Hitler did write a book that pretty much made his hatred of the Jews quite clear. It wasn't some quotes that were dug up, or some unsourced gossip - it was HIS BOOK.

www.mosaisk.com...

...the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.

And so he [the Jew] advances on his fatal road until another force comes forth to oppose him, and in a mighty struggle hurls the heaven-stormer back to Lucifer. Germany is today the next great war aim of Bolshevism. It requires all the force of a young missionary idea to raise our people up again, to free them from the snares of this international serpent...

Can't imagine how that would lead to genocide.

It's like...well, Glenn Beck and the other right-wing demagogues. You build up hatred and fear enough and it has to be vented. That's why you get a Glenn Beck fan who goes out to shoot up the Tides Foundation. That's a group that 99% of the populace hadn't heard of, but once Glenn told his audience about their "evil," one of his fans goes out to "do something about it."

The "Final Solution" fits neatly into what Hitler wrote and said. It was an inevitable result of his demagoguery.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

There is a lot going in the world to make a person very depressed, I see it as Intel to fight back, and to open the eyes of people, there is a spiritual battle that is being played out and this information helps he to focus out fight.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan89
Two weeks ago, I sought the "truth." Today, I am a free man. Why is that so? I will explain.

While I was exposed to the so-called "truth," I was living in a state of fear. The fear was continous and overpowering.

-When is the NWO going to declare martial law and round up the population?
-What can I do to avoid the diseases they created?
-When are they going to place me in a FEMA camp.
-When was I going to get my mandatory vaccine.
-When is Codex going to be implemented?
-On what day does the NWO take over?

These were the questions I asked myself. They would not escape my head, even when I tried to suppress them. These questions tormented me, day in and day out.

That was when I contemplated suicide. I wanted to end the fear in my mind. It was ruining my life. Suicide was the only way out.

That is when I sought solace on websites for skeptics. When I looked at the aforementioned questions with a skeptic's point-of-view, a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. However, the fear still permeates in my soul, due to the ubiquitous nature of conspiracy theories. I cannot escape them. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE them!!!

I blame the following people for my fear.
-Alex Jones
-David Icke
-Truthergirl
-Ian R. Crane
-Jesse Ventura
-Jason Bermas
-Aaron Russo
-William Cooper
-Pamela Schuffert
-David Dees

I will never, never, EVER forgive these for what they did to me! If they are spreading for the sake of truth, fine. If they are spreading fear for the sake of money or hits, then STOP IT!!! If you, an ATS member, are spreading fear for the same reason, then STOP IT!!! I can tell you from experience that it does NOT help in any way! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!

I would rather live a normal life than a life enveloped in fear. The worst I can handle is an economic collapse. (I personally respect Gerald Celente, but he lost some credibility when he appeared on "The Alex Jones Show.") But if the NWO does take over--and I personally do not think they will, for I believe they do not exist--and will kill myself. There is no stopping me from doing so.

It is ironic to gaze upon the name of Prisonplanet.com. The truth may set you free, but Alex Jones's version of the truth imprisons you with fear, a form of fear that is even worse than the prison set up by the NWO, or whatever you want to call them.

You may call me a sheep, an emo, or a coward. I do not care! I am free from fear, although it still follows me.

I will stay on this site for the sake of the topics that involve the paranormal, and I will still be active on this thread. Thanks for your time. Sorry if I offended the fans of the mentioned people.

Your problem is that you're weak of mind.
You can be a happy sheep if you want, but these guys are not like Jesus, who treats his sheep with love and care, these guys are the sheep herders that sacrifice their sheep to a hateful god. Therefore, you will be sacrificed for their own personal sgrendas and greed. Happy or not, the outcome is the same. You had better be afraid NOT to fear. Fear may breed paranoia, but paranoia is nothing but a higher state of awareness. You just have to refrain from letting outside ideas and propaganda (of any kind) from usurping your sanity. That is a personal choice. You can read a book without applying it personally to your live and you can watch a video for the informational content without structuring your life around it. Information does not equate personal choices or "way of life". Anyone who contemplates suicide, should just stop thinking so hard. I can understand this if you lost a love one or something but to consider offing yourself because you read a book or watched a video????? WEAK! Be aware, but dont be innundated in that which depresses you.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well done. I'm glad that others are purposefully exposing this guy's lack of a spine.

What really gets me is that he actually said..."He would rather be a sheep."

That statement goes way deeper than many are willing to entertain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join