It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

great post noregretsever, i too was about to write a similar response but then i saw yours and then it would be mere repetition lol...but the point we are trying to make here op is that you must not trash these people for putting the fear in you but you must accept your situation and be thankful for the knowledge that you have been given b/c of them...my point is to look at the glass half full...when i found out about this stuff i was at first a bit paranoid and that too was a lesson for me b/c now that i have researched into the next phase which is of enlightenment topics such as meditation & unconditional love and they have taught me to accept the paradoxical universe that we live in with all these negative energies but i at the same time i know that as long as i stay on the positive path then no negativity can take me out..fear is their biggest weapon against us, our biggest shield is the power of love

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

You act as if there are only two options, you can be a sheep or in fear.
I suggest that you have not explored all of your options; I live by a third although there are many more options.
I am no sheep however I fear no man or anything they can bring to me.
They cannot imprison me as I have done no wrong, they can kill me but that holds not much weight with me either.
It is a terrible thing that you still plan on killing yourself, that alone tells me you may need help.
Not all people can handle the Truther angle as some take everything they hear and believe it.
I will admit there are some [badwords] out there who preach gloom and doom for profit but I do not despise them any more than the banker who takes my possessions or the lawyer who twists my words or the doctor who prescribes me poison Etc.
Take everything with a grain of salt, stop, breath; maybe even take up meditation if you need.
But we fear what we do not understand it is normal; just know some things you can do nothing about. Accept that and live
Someday I want to die, a prerequisite for dying is living therefore I work to die every day.
And don’t listen to country music as that itself will drive you to suicide.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Last time I checked I was still capable of buying the supplements I want, and nobody stopped selling fresh vegetables. Codex Alimentarius is a guideliune used to help quantify the supplements needed mostly used for humanitarian helps. A lot of FUD has been disseminated around that subject.

The key here is to make your own opinion, and do not live like the end of the world is coming to a theater close to you. Enjoy your life, fight for what is important to YOU.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

...what a funny post...
...sorry, I know you're scared...it's alright...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c85d5d3461b5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A suggestion.......since it sounds like you've taken a break from reading the
conspiracy stuff, read some classic literature.
We like to believe, in our modern arrogance, that technology has changed everything. In truth, it feels the same to be alive today as it did a thousand years ago. The lessons the classics teach us are indeed timeless They contain information that is directly applicable to our lives. Reading the classics develops an understanding of the human condition AND a deeper appreciation of modern problems.

As a great philosopher once said "I dare you to read one of the classics and not learn something."

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
What you don't know can't hurt you.

well at least til they kick in your door
to collect your guns from the martial law.
Then the blissful ignorance ends.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Don't be scared.

Be prepared!

Sorry Saint, I hit the wrong person on reply!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Those same people helped a friend of mine fall off the edge of sanity as well.
Despite best efforts to be the skeptic for him.

He began his journey with a slight mental issue anyways, but was stable and medicated, until then.

I just want to say this,

Most of those you listed spread the fear because they are SELLING something. They are making money off of your fears. Guaranteed.

They don't care about any truth. They too care only about the $$.

That is why an NWO theory with Fema camps and the like won't ever happen.

People are too greedy. Regardless of any "plan", there will always be the wrench that needs the populace to feed him his daily dose of $$.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
personally i agree with you. you should stay with the sheep. i have enough courage to stand up for my family/friends and my rights. i will stand and fight. i would rather die fighting for what i believe in then becoming a sheep. i will die a free man.

it is really sad to hear you say that you will lie down for them and let them do whatever they feel to you. and allow your friends and family do the same.

a old saying that i cant remember the name of the admiral he was a Japanese admiral that once said behind every blade of grass you will find a gun. not word for word quote but its close. this holds very true. I'm sure there are plenty of people in your case that will lay down and let them guide you to your death. i just hope if/when this happens there will be more people like me that believes in something other then just looking for the easy way out.

It is very sad to see so many people already mentally lost the fight before it happens. I'm not hoping this happens at all. I'm still a firm believer in the American way. not corporation America but America.

no one should have to live in fear. you should live brave and proud. i know its kinda hard today with all the corrupted system and leaders we have. but that's all the more reason to look back and see what the American dream was meant to be. I really hope u rethink your strat

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It is sometimes a perplexing and frustrating situation to live without exercising some sort of faith on a connection with a Higher Power in your life; or if you prefer: "contact with a consciousness less limited than you, in your present state".

If you are into the metaphysical then why are you not employing the principles and practices they seem to preach. Why are you not attempting to improve your contact with ' the "whatever" of your own choosing'.?

Maybe your problem is that you think YOU are a God... (that made me think of the quote from Ghostbusters right there...) but aside from comedy sketches.. the answer is actually 'no'. No yer not. I can relax by just taking responsibility for that which I have power to affect. Are you responsible for more than this?

Mostly, your problem (or mine ) consists of only your current inner state. If by sitting in your house fretting, you gain peace then by all means do more of that-- if not then you may try connecting with someone or something outside yourself. by helping your fellow man, AND seeking inspiration guidance from above.

If you are too antsy to meditate then try combining the actual act of prayer. Getting on yer knees type asking for help

Expect to be blessed in your efforts.

And thank you for providing me with an opportunity to practice what I am preaching to YOU!

AS

[edit on 3-8-2010 by AntiShyster]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you are upset about all those things, then apparently you're not doing this right.

Traits of Conspiracy Theories

A conspiracy theory is likely to be politically populist, in that it usually claims to lay bare an action taken by a small power elite against the people. Or, as a Californian professor of theology could tell an audience at the Copenhagen central library with regard to 9/11: "Members of the elite of our society may not think that the truth should be revealed." By contrast, belief in the conspiracy makes you part of a genuinely heroic elite group who can see past the official version duplicated for the benefit of the lazy or inert mass of people by the powers that be. There will usually be an emphasis on the special quality of thought required to appreciate the existence of the conspiracy. The conspiracists have cracked the code, not least because of their possession of an unusual and perceptive way of looking at things. Those who cannot or will not see the truth are variously described as robots or, latterly, as sheeple — citizens who shuffle half awake through their conventional lives.

Is this true for everyone at ATS? Of course not. But I know that in this exact thread you will get numerous people who think they're pretty awesome for knowing what "the sheeple" don't.

It's a way of overcoming low self-esteem through overcompensation, much like narcissism and megalomania can come from thinking poorly of oneself.

So, just by believing in the theories, you are automatically superior to the "sheeple" or "robots" or "zombies."

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

It's always just about to happen. But it never actually does happen.

Cry wolf enough times and people stop listening.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by boondock-saint

It's always just about to happen. But it never actually does happen.

Cry wolf enough times and people stop listening.
Yes, my earlier post about a bug-out-bag.

Prepare one, but be prepared to NEVER use it!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shayanmh
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
the point we are trying to make here op is that you must not trash these people for putting the fear in you but you must accept your situation and be thankful for the knowledge that you have been given b/c of them...

Speculation /= knowledge.

If there was a single theory on any of these issues - or even just two or three - that would be different. But anyone can post their random neural firings and thus clog up the site, burying the thoughtful, reality-based discussions.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wotan89, I am just one more person with an opinion voicing it in your thread, so please treat my words accordingly. This is strictly my personal opinion and advice, and I offer it with the best of intentions. The last thing I ever want to do is offend or hurt anyone, for any reason.

If you are or have been so afraid of or depressed by the possibilities, hypotheses, and potential scenarios (which, from a skeptical perspective, is all the vast majority of them can be viewed as, given the paucity of conclusive proof) that you have seriously contemplated suicide (I'm not referring to the "as a last resort should the world be taken over completely by the NWO and your life becomes a living hell in which death is preferable" scenario here, incidentally,) then my strong advice is to at least consider finding a good (compassionate, qualified, open-minded, well educated) psychologist or psychiatrist (they are not the same thing) and talking to them about these feelings. You may (or may not!) find in doing so that you are experiencing some form of anxiety or depressive disorder which can be more readily coped with by understanding and mastering it through a variety of means (not necessarily medication.) This wouldn't mean that your feelings weren't real of invalid. It would simply mean that they might be disproportionately intense with respect to what you admit are subjects perhaps best treated with skepticism in the first place.

As for your new found skeptical outlook, this is only my opinion, but I feel that it is the most practical and rational approach to these subjects and areas of interest. Skepticism is a very open-minded stance. It requires you to refrain from saying something isn't true unless there is proof that it isn't, while also allowing you to rationally and objectively avoid embracing something as being true (and thus fearing it, or being otherwise disproportionately affected by it, potentially) as well. As a skeptic, you aren't a debunker or a "disbeliever." You just ask for proof before you accept something as truth or fact, while keeping an open mind to the possibilities which have yet to be factually ruled out. I certainly can't find fault with that, personally. I hope it serves you well and helps you overcome the fear you are experiencing.

Above all, please don't end your life. It would be a shame to lose someone as capable of change and growth as you seem to be to fear and despair. And you are not alone in that fear and despair.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Lee Rogers has some things to say about Alex Jones too. In fact he is preparing to make a DVD about Alex Jones and some other people exposing them for what they are (may not be exactly what you think that is). You can check out rouguegovernment.com, it's on his radio show that he talks about Alex Jones. truth frequency radio is a good positive source with cd quality audio quality free downloads of their shows. There are a lot of people with positive messages out there. I think we should be finding the people who are offering solutions more than anything and be sifting through them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There is no such thing as an evil power above the government slowly trying to take over the world. There is no such thing as the government trying to to poison us with secret chemicals coming out of airplanes. There is no such thing as death camps or upcoming martial law or secret economic policies designed to make everyone poor.

I'm sorry, I really do like this website because it's a fun distraction from everyday life, but you can't possibly take this stuff seriously.

People who truly believe in this stuff are either

1) clinically paranoid

or

2) pissed off that their life sucks and isn't what that wanted it to be, and are happy to blame that on some secret outside power that is controlling them because that way, their crappy lives aren't their fault.

I'm sure the government keeps some secrets from the masses but this whole business about death camps and martial law is complete silliness. I honestly feel bad for some of the people stockpiling food and weapons for the "impending doom" that will never come. It's as if people want so badly to believe the end of the world is coming so they can live out some type of John Connor fantasy of deluded self-importance.

The ones that let this stuff run their lives are not well. It is paranoid, borderline psychotic behaviour.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

You should do what I do. Accept that there is nothing you can do and that at the end of the day, the whole universe will end, so there is no point to fight your leaders. If you want to change them, become a leader and then get connections, and then change the system.

You can still educate people you know to universal reason, and you can still help the world get better. You can still encourage people to change. But don't expect a revolution.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Being skeptical is a double edged sword.
Always question the government, the leaders, the military, etc...

but also, question the people whom are spreading conspiracys...ultimately a conspiracy is a thought backed with usually very murky and interpretative evidence...but ultimately anyone can start a conspiracy...humans have the ability to find patterns in everything, even tossing mulch down on the pavement can produce all sorts of interesting patterns that could lead some to think they discovered some cosmic secret (tea leave reading is a popular sport, and chicken bone reading, etc)...

Even when patterns aren't there, some still see them...then they think the patterns are self evident and means something greater than just a bunch of random stuff tossed about.

Anyhow, good for you for being skeptical of conspiracy theories...if the world was "that bad" then it would have ended long ago.

Finally, its all about ignoring the words and see the facts. Case and point:

The NWO decided in the 70s to reduce the population to 500m....
Effect - Population on earth now over 7 billion...
Judgement - Rumor of population reduction little more than insane rantings by some fringe loons spreading fear for ? reasons (perhaps psychosis, or cashing in on the mentally disturbed whom would still believe such tripe)

And finally, if all the hellfire and storms do come...all you need to do is know how to survive...which you can learn by simply going camping for a week verses read every alex jones article out there.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Probably very few German/Jewish people in 1935 would have suspected that in ten short years, the majority that had not left Germany would be worked to death/slaughtered in concentration camps.

I guess the idea is not to live in fear of something that probably will never happen, BUT...

Be prepared to take care of yourself if bad things do happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join