It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff: 'Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by Southern Guardian

And you sir think mexicans are special and should be able to break the laws of this country.

I don't think Mexican americans are breaking any laws by waving the Mexican flag and speaking in Spanish. That is the real issue that people like you have with them. The fact they've come in, taken majority in some of these towns, bringing their own lingo. Its not really about their immigration status, its about them, moving next door to you. This is the true reasoning behind many supporters of this bill.

Police officers always had the ability to do backround checks on criminals.
Illegal immigration had decreased for the last 2 years with some even going back to Mexico because there are no jobs here. So whats the point of law? Its about politics, its about a couple of disgruntled voters who do not like the sight of Mexican Americans moving into their neigbbourhoods.

I wouldnt go to another country waving the American flag unless maybe it was a sporting event or national competition.

you choose not do so but people have the right to wave whatever damn flags they want in this country and speak whatever language they choose. And no, you dont have the right to make them secondary citizens for this.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Lot's of the advertisers of these news stations are making money on the cheap labor -- so OF COURSE, they don't talk about the ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT PROBLEM. It's the same thing that is the ACTUAL problem between Israel and Palestine; how do the terrorists get in? Israelis don't want to mop their own floors. Then the hard line politicians, get to justify their own existence by stirring up an ants nest now and then.

Bingo!

I mean you have all these folks get worked up, insisting we put troops on the border as if thats going to change much? The problem is the pull factor.. thats is businesses hiring illegals... but did Brewer or any of the media/political pushers behind the bill make mention of this? No. This law does little to nothing and Im sure the Republican and political hacks know this. Its just a ploy for the November elections.

If there was a real concern about the impact illegal immigration and its impact in this nation, people would be targeting the big businesses that continue to hire these illegals... but you will not get focus on this issue from these backers.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What do you not understand about illegal and legal. Once again your making it a argument of race..

Ok answer this

Do we allow everyone to come in our country unchecked at free will?
Say a 747 full of Iranians fly into JFK airport. They have no passports or documentations. Do we let them come in?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

If there was a real concern about the impact illegal immigration and its impact in this nation, people would be targeting the big businesses that continue to hire these illegals... but you will not get focus on this issue from these backers.

YEP and if the federal government did heavily fine those company's hiring illegals you'd scream racism.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And you sir think mexicans are special and should be able to break the laws of this country.

I don't think Mexican americans are breaking any laws by waving the Mexican flag and speaking in Spanish. That is the real issue that people like you have with them. The fact they've come in, taken majority in some of these towns, bringing their own lingo. Its not really about their immigration status, its about them, moving next door to you. This is the true reasoning behind many supporters of this bill.

Police officers always had the ability to do backround checks on criminals.
Illegal immigration had decreased for the last 2 years with some even going back to Mexico because there are no jobs here. So whats the point of law? Its about politics, its about a couple of disgruntled voters who do not like the sight of Mexican Americans moving into their neigbbourhoods.

I wouldnt go to another country waving the American flag unless maybe it was a sporting event or national competition.

you choose not do so but people have the right to wave whatever damn flags they want in this country and speak whatever language they choose. And no, you dont have the right to make them secondary citizens for this.

this brings up something interesting i think.

why is it so many get upset when you say illegals should speak english

whats so wrong?????? every single american thats millions upon millions have learned for 13 years one english who were born here and followed the law all the natural lives.

right up unitl the 7th or 8th grade we were GIVEN a choice NOT FORCED to learn a second language of our own choosing.

im one of those people who think they should speak english and not wave the mexican flag for no other reason they are here now and if mexico is soo freaking great what are they doing here.

so i do take offense to the mexican flag wavers justs and liberals take offnse to the rebel flag and the nazi flag waved by neo nazis.

and no im not calling illegals nazis i was just stating people get upset the same way liberals do about those other flags.

serioulsy whats the big deal with english??? do you want them dependent on what other people telling them or wouldnt you rather have them pick up a book or newspaper and visit a website and read on their own.

tell me what am i missing here?

that was when i was in school god knows what and when they teach now.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the mexicans bring drugs kidnap steal kill live lifes of deceit an crime there a threat to the integrity, financial and every americans wellbeing the use of deadly force should be authorized on our borders that would slow down and deter them a little bit if not completly

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This bit from the article sums the situation well...

"...instead of sending help they put up billboard-size signs warning our citizens to stay out of the desert in my county because of dangerous drug and human smuggling and weapons and bandits and all these other things..."

That's pretty bad, really.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

The North American Union is at hand. At some point Mexico will ask the US to intervene to save their country. We will go and never leave, as usual.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Man this is getting worse in the US , every day I hear another story or news clip !

I think its about high time that whilst your boys are off protecting the US empires vital corporate interests . You lot should be forming an army to take back the country.

Its ridiculous , your government was created to protect and maintain your rights , now they are taking them away from you .

The blood of tyrannts must be spilled to bring justice and freedom.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Lot's of the advertisers of these news stations are making money on the cheap labor -- so OF COURSE, they don't talk about the ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT PROBLEM. It's the same thing that is the ACTUAL problem between Israel and Palestine; how do the terrorists get in? Israelis don't want to mop their own floors. Then the hard line politicians, get to justify their own existence by stirring up an ants nest now and then.

Bingo!

I mean you have all these folks get worked up, insisting we put troops on the border as if thats going to change much? The problem is the pull factor.. thats is businesses hiring illegals... but did Brewer or any of the media/political pushers behind the bill make mention of this? No. This law does little to nothing and Im sure the Republican and political hacks know this. Its just a ploy for the November elections.

What really makes me sick is that people trying to bring SENSE to this argument are "supporting Illegal crossings" -- and of course, THEIR deaths in the desert are on our hands. Another "you are with us or agin' us" debate it seems.

Arizona is going to turn itself into a war zone and "progress" will be counted by how many got turned away -- NOT based on jobs, prosperity, or you know, not having the issues that race-baiters created whole cloth.

3 years ago, every dang "Libertarian" talk show host on the radio was extolling the virtues of the "Mexicans" and now, as if someone turned a switch. A cynical person might think this is about them now needing benefits because they have kids -- and the "ask no questions, have no insurance" free abuse days are over. A more cynical person would think this is a distraction by the economic royalists so that the poor fight over crumbs.

Lose a few paychecks or run out your 99 Weeks, and you might be an "illegal" moving to Canada.

I think all the Irish, Chinese, Scotts, Jewish and of course, Italians need to realize that THEY are also the source of all the crime and job losses -- because the Mexicans are getting the SAME treatment and Propaganda today as those other no-good illegals.

Time to start calling Arizona the "West Bank" of the USA.

It seems the Always angry crowd, needs little provocation to move from running around screaming about "Al Qaeda" to "Illegals!" At least, there are more illegals in the USA than Al Qaeda. But there are also more Mexicans in Afghanistan trying to "earn" citizenship than there are Al Qaeda.

Why don't we just invade South Florida? Do you even think that 1 in 100 people in Afghanistan ever even heard the term "Al Qaeda?"

America is doomed unless we can come up with some cure for chronic stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

YEP and if the federal government did heavily fine those company's hiring illegals you'd scream racism.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ker2010]

I would?

No, I don't think I'd scream "racism" -- I'd probably scream "about dang time!"

Lot's of folks who think your way, spend an awful lot of time coming up with Scenarios and "phrases" we could have said that would make you right. I guess that's better than looking at the reality that border crossings are down and that you don't have a problem except with alienating all the people who are LEGALLY in the country and Mexican, and with turning your state into a third-world country.

I'd also think twice about denying health care to illegals unless you want to have all your crops covered with E-Coli, groups of people with Tuberculosis, and maybe start a plague. Eventually, you have to take care of people in the country -- and neglect is more expensive than being a decent citizen -- always.

Humane treatment of your fellow man is the best security and policy -- but if you want to ruin the country -- keep up your treatment of desperate people as enemies.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder how long it took the sheriff to figure out that the government doesn't have our best interest in mind? Seems to me that would be obvious, just look at the news, the gulf spill for that matter, all the lies and deception. I am starting a thread about it, today. Found a set of videos I want to share and they really need to be looked at!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What do you not understand about illegal and legal. Once again your making it a argument of race..

Ok answer this

Do we allow everyone to come in our country unchecked at free will?
Say a 747 full of Iranians fly into JFK airport. They have no passports or documentations. Do we let them come in?

Of course we don't. It's a good straw man argument so I'll try to explain with a recent incident;

The Christmas Bomber also had a passport. The State Department, ordered him to NOT be allowed on the plane, and the CIA used an "ongoing investigation" to get him put back on the plane. Don't believe me? Look up the Congressional investigation. In fact, the same group from Fox News was caught bugging a Senator's office that was investigating WHY the CIA let him on the plane.

So no -- unless corporations need to step up the public works project known as "security" in this country, we won't be letting anyone fly a plane into a building. However, if they need a war with Mexico to keep up employment / weapons sales -- then the only law preventing this is whatever the committee comes up with to "not let it happen again" after of course they let it happen.

Are you new here to ATS or what?

Anyway, your FICTIONAL SCENARIO is not relevant to the Mexicans and they have not committed anything like this. However, if they do, I'm sure we will get evidence from an FBI agent who has been tracking them (e.g., HANDLING them) for years and has all the important details to show us how much we should be afraid. ANY job could be a threat as long as someone is willing to pay above minimum wage.

"Can you fly this plane?"

"Sure, but it's going to be extra... do you need my friend over here to help with washing the plane? He doesn't speak English so I can get him at the regular rate."

"That would be fine. Take this tour map and this turban -- can you say; 'Allah Akbar!'"?

"Agua Ack...ber?"

"Close enough."

"Sir, where is the landing strip,.. all I see is this building just before the flight plan ends..."

"Let me worry about the big picture here, all right?"

"OK, but I don't have any insurance..."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join