It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weird thing appearing on my photos ??

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

wow. pen up much?

i showed her how ive been in her shoes before, trying to believe in something that other people see an easy explanation to. i have been empathetic, even though its not a necesity. i left the yellow orb to be many possible things, except what she wants it to be. she wants to be unique and special. so does everyone else. but if you go on a website like this, and make claims without evidence, and people provide counter claims with evidence, you shouldnt expect empathy, you shouldnt expect anything. dont hate me for (what my off topic post was) for solving the situation at hand here.
i admit i was rude earlier to someone who was being smart alec, and i have offered her sympathy. dont attack me for trying to resolve this discussion.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Of course I can understand her and that she feels creeped out by this. But if somebody gives you a reasonable explanation you normally don't go on by saying that it maybe really something paranormal.

I agree, genuinly, and I'm in all honesty on the side that believes that this is an explainable phenomenon instead of being on the side I'd much much MUCH rather be on giving the paranormal explanation as that's juat alot more fun IMO.

But like I said before, uk today really does want a rational explanation for this as well but one that actually makes sense to her, not a balloon or lollipop being the culprit for the opening image for example because she knows that's just false.

I mean in this example It may seem like she's just rejecting peoples theories and claims but that's really not the case.

Anyway in reply to both of you, I don't have an issue with either of you, but I'm finding this thread a bit more stressful than it should be in all honesty and I think some of the posts was completely unnecesary but believe me when I say uk today really does want an answer to this, in fact I can't stress how much she really wants one and she should be taking alot more pictures for you guys tonight.

Actually I asked her myself to take some images of the surrounding areas as well as some from the exact same spot with her in them and without her at least so hopefully they can answer some questions for us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Anyway in reply to both of you, I don't have an issue with either of you, but I'm finding this thread a bit more stressful than it should be in all honesty and I think some of the posts was completely unnecesary but believe me when I say uk today really does want an answer to this, in fact I can't stress how much she really wants one and she should be taking alot more pictures for you guys tonight.

Actually I asked her myself to take some images of the surrounding areas as well as some from the exact same spot with her in them and without her at least so hopefully they can answer some questions for us.

I'm looking forward to that pictures and hope that I can help her with an explanation if something shows up.

By the way, I too would love to see something "out there".. Not that i don't believe in this, I have had my share of experiences throughout my life. Some remarkable, some minor..
But I like to see first the normal way and then the paranormal

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

but if you go on a website like this, and make claims without evidence, and people provide counter claims with evidence, you shouldnt expect empathy, you shouldnt expect anything. dont hate me for (what my off topic post was) for solving the situation at hand here.

Evidence I agree with, but you need to remember she wasn't planning on making a thread about this what so ever which is why evidence is limited. That may be no excuse which would be fair enough IMO as I would probably be reacting the same way as you here If I actually didn't know the person posting these images really well but luckily I do which is why I rejected the claims of hoax right from the off because I know they are false, but as I've mentioned before she's trying to gather more evidence tonight to make up for the lack of it before.

dont attack me for trying to resolve this discussion.

I can assure you attacking someone on ATS is seriously the last thing I want to do and if you feel attacked by me then My sincerest apologies.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

theres no way to prove, or even hint towards a paranormal event. since my explanation can create these images, it is very logical. only other answer possible, is the camera is broken.

i wish it was paranormal, but the "yellow orb" is in 3d. and she could have seen it, and possibly would have if the picture wasnt distractin her. may not be boy, may not be balloon, may not be lolli, but it was there, in physicality, and was visible to the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I'm looking forward to that pictures and hope that I can help her with an explanation if something shows up.

I agree, and with the pictures that should be provided I'm sure you guys could explain it once and for all.....Assuming this is an explainable event afteral.

And yeah, I've experienced my fair share of paranormal experiences as well, Believe me!! lol some more bizzare than others and some 100% paranormal as far as I'm concerned...something I don't say that much, and on that note I'm still very much unconvinced that this thread is based on real paranormal phenomenon but I'm confident we'll get an answer soon.

But that may just be wishful thinking...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
I haven't been ignoring your request for the exif data, but tbh, I've only just had time to google it and find out exactly what it is

... Can you go through this procedure with me maybe, walking me through it step by step, in the simplest, easiest way possible please. This can be done nearer the time if you like.

Also would I just upload it onto here ???

I didn't see an answer to this question yet, maybe I missed it. But it's important and I don't want it to get lost.

I'm pretty sure ATSMedia automatically strips the exif data as part of its compression process, which is why people aren't able to get it from the pics you've already posted. You could upload it to a site like flickr.com that doesn't strip exif data. Or you could look at it in a program that will report exif data (most photo software should do this), or email it to a friend who knows how. I'd also be willing to do that for you if you want -- just u2u me and I'll give you my email address.

I'm not sure that there will actually be any useful information in the exif data, though. Not all cell phone cameras include it (for instance, my current phone does include aperture and shutter settings, but my last phone didn't).

I'm looking forward to seeing the next batch of pictures; hopefully they will clear up some of the possibilities

EDIT TO ADD: before you do anything, also look at this post three down from mine. The photo-import software I use doesn't touch the exif data, but I suppose it's possible that some do.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
PARANORMAL:

defined as

Beyond the range of normal experience or scientific explanation

and

seemingly outside normal sensory channels

source: www.thefreedictionary.com...

evidently it IS paranormal, in the pure sense of the word.

========================

uk today, i don't know if you read my replies in this thread - i'm sure you did as you seem to be really diligent on reading them all, even the rude and unnecessary ones. but since you didn't reply to any of them (or at least not that i've found, and i've tried to keep up with the thread but not sure that i have, 100%), i'm not sure.

here are all the replies i've contributed, and i want to say that i wasn't being facetious or sarcastic in the least with what i said. i honestly had these ideas solely in response to what you've shared in this thread and while i won't go into a whole bunch of personal disclosure, i will say that my experiences with the metaphysical have proven to be sound and accurate and in line with discoveries and the new information people are discovering every day.

in other words, i am humbly asking you to consider what i've written and maybe, if you are so inclined, to give me your thoughts on same.

i do want to help.

i did try some stuff with my own cell phone camera and didn't come up with anything similar using the possible causes listed by many of the posters in this thread. i need to figure out how to get my camera images onto my computer, because it's a new phone and i've not tried, yet. if i do, i will post some to show how it doesn't seem to be a motion blur and many of the other things. i need to find a balloon and a piece of candy as i have not tried them, yet.

peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
heres an axample of how light seems brighter with a long exposure.

long exposure mess up

edit add: and an example of how it can look like you are 2 places at once.

www.thinkcamera.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Myendica]

edit add: This one is a great example, now it doesnt have same characteristics, but you get the idea, that subtle movement with a half second shutter will cause disruption in an otherwise clear picture.

farm4.static.flickr.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Extract the original images from your phone or camera. DON'T run them through any other piece of software bar your OS's file handling system. This could overwrite the EXIF data. Then upload them to this site: exifdata.com...

Finally please post what it displays...

Or U2U me and I'll pass you my email address and then you can send the photos other and I'll extract the data for you and post it here.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That is clearly a yellow balloon.

Case Closed!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow some posters are keen on here, if you have your answers and the case is closed for you then good luck to you, move on, why stick around to be disrespectful
the OP is looking for answers and has even accepted some, but only she know's that there wasn't a child in the way in a yellow hoody or with blonde hair, there wasn't a balloon there, she seems genuine to me and she may have more to bring to this thread yet so the case is no way closed.

Respectfully

Satellite1

[edit on 3-8-2010 by satellite1]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
It appears to me that the ghost of Christmas past may be trying to warn you that your arms are going to be chopped off some time in the near future.

Either that or hoax.

Please keep us updated.

????

Posted as it was before the second picture showing no arms was posted ?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
i could prove it is long exposure if you upload it somewhere else, so i can show the exif data..

You need to upload the original unaltered photos to Flickr, Photobucket or wherever so that we can study the original EXIF data on the photos. That will help to determine what this effect is. Unless you do that we can't help you.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

UK today, I dont think you will get any help from ATS members on this one. As for why, well, you see what has been posted so far...draw your own conclusions on what kind of people are posting here.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Copernicus]

On the contrary, we have some excellent members that can study the original EXIF data from an original image file and put forth some answers. Remember great claims require great data in order to prove things. Being skeptical and logical is not being a bad member. I'm sure we can all understand skepticism until evidence proves it out.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
OP, you were right when you said you should have kept this to BTS. At ATS people tend to demand proof about extraordinary claims.

You claim this happens on all photos taken of you, with two different cameras. This claim should be backed up. Then you offered "i'm cautious to post my pictures here" as explanation why you don't want to do it. Give me a break

You could always cut out your face, breasts and possibly toes if you are afraid the pics get used wrongly, just as long as the interesting anomaly parts are left in. This would allow image analysis, and some actual conclusions.

The way you have decided to take this forward, we are kinda lost on any conclusions. I think you won't post any more pictures, because these were just one-off "accidental" shots you managed to grab while taking 'artistic' pictures. The orb one is to me a lollipop, and the no hands one is a long-exposure picture where you move your hands fast behind your back just after the exposure has started.

I gotta give it to you, you sure got ATS's attention. I guess being female and posting a (blurry) picture is enough.

edit: blow my skeptic butt out the window by providing claimed photos from op.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by above

you missed where she then stated, her friends deleted the remaining odd orb photos.

From experience, and I thought everyone knew this, when you flip through your pics and come across these, you delete them, or throw them away, because you messed up taking the photo.

REDO.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Yes i missed that, i only scanned through the rest after the first 10 pages or so, since i quite frankly got bored about the deflection.

Well, case closed then. It does not happen anymore (i wonder why), and the presented information is just too minimal to draw anything but accusations, so lets just drop it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This morning I was searching for an old photograph among some of them I have in an envelop. I took out all the photos, some of them small, some others greater. For no reason in particular, since I thought that all photos had been retired, I looked into the envelop again and found something else. I took it out and to my surprise it was an approximately 2 and a half x 1 and a half miniature portrait of my mother painted by my father when they were young.

I would swear that never in my life had I seen this miniature portrait before, although since my mother died some years ago I have been controlling this type of stuff. Nobody but me put the photos in the envelop, nobody but me has taken out some of them from time to time to engross my “old photos album”, which starts with my grandparents’ wedding one.

I have bought a frame for the miniature portrait, but when taking a close glance and with the help of a manifying glass, I have seen a very strange thing: close to my mother’s cheek there is an ancient man’s face, with a long, grey beard, which looks towards her. This was not, I am sure, my father’s intention when painting the miniature, as he liked drawing as an amateur and all his works (normally portraits) only express the plain face without any other additions. This is quite mysterious.

Some days ago I was a little depressed and I mentally asked my parents to send me a signal if they could see me and read my thoughts. Now I find this miniature portrait that I had never seen before. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ceman43

I think you should scan the photo, or painting, and post it in a new thread if you want some peoples opinion.

though I have spent a lot of time painting, and know that painters, or artists, love to hide symbols, messages, and other things in their art. I would love to show you some examples, but I would want to see the image first.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join