It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weird thing appearing on my photos ??

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FunnyLittleFrog

I don't take pictures on my camera phone that are long exposure, but you can do it. I often take them with an Olympus E-300. The point is, there is a function of long time exposure on the camera phone that was in question regarding the 2nd picture. If the same camera took the first image, it is safe to say, that it too was using long time exposure and happened to catch a glimpse for a short second of something yellow, that lit up brighter than normal. And it would account for the other effect like, looking like theres a glass door in between .

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Just like with me.... people won't believe you until it happens to them or just because nothing strange has happened to them so they always need to be negative toward others...

I hope you catch something again this week or whenever next you take a few photos but this time upload a few photos which will be much better for the argument!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Aaah ok, well if it's a possibility, it's possible.. It's just a question as to whether the photographer was aware that those settings were on.

Oh on an off topic note, I shoot on a Nikon D90.. Great fun

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
if it were a kid holding a balloon, how come we don't see any hand on the side facing the camera and the two lateral sides?

it is way hard to hold a balloon with one hand.
especially one that is bigger than your palm.
especially if you are a little kid.

This is beyond rediculous now....a kid hold a helium filled balloon on a string....hmmmm...never seen that before....yea right.

people are asking logical questions and the responses are all in the realm of the netherworld.

i have learned quickly about how the site works...and how critical thinking can help solve a question....but in this particular case it is a bit unbelievable.

not only is it a balloon it picks up the shadow effect to the lower left from the ground...the childs hand on the door to the right says it all.

the op goes on about pics that is has shown on another phone...WELL

now to encourage them would be irresponsible...and discouraging to have things presented that are of value in the future.

my opinion.

[edit on 033131p://f32Sunday by plube]

[edit on 033131p://f33Sunday by plube]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The same phone did take both pictures btw.

Just thought I'd confirm that in case what you've been discussing is a possible explanation.

Could it really be that ???

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Many strange things have happened to me, but I was able to accept most of what happened because, YES, this world is strange, and alot needs to be learned, but we shouldn't waste our time with simple camera techniques. The photo is easily explained. Until the OP provides other unusual photos that may seem harder to explain, she should understand it wasn't anything to worry about.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes. You can take long exposed photos, and with a little bit of motion, things look more distorted than you thought. Especially when you didn't know your phone may have been set to that setting. If you goto settings theres shutter speed adjustments, plus the photo settings I already explained.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Just like with me.... people won't believe you until it happens to them or just because nothing strange has happened to them so they always need to be negative toward others...

I hope you catch something again this week or whenever next you take a few photos but this time upload a few photos which will be much better for the argument!

Don't worry Truth, if the next photo shoot shows anything weird, then I will be posting EVERY picture !!

I've certainly learnt my lesson on that !!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have been in your position somewhat before. Trying to prove someone of details of how things were and what was going on is hard to win. Sometimes our minds play tricks on us, sometimes we have false memories, sometimes we get tricked into self guessing ourselves.

Believe what you want. I don't believe you but it isn't what I believe, its what you believe.

Whats in this picture.?

edit: The attacks can get bad, and have. So I apology for any discouragiing or hurtfulness I may have caused.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So this would definately explain the bright yellow thing and my arms appearing invisible ???

I mean, it does yeah ???

I know you thought I was a hoaxer but you were wrong on that you know, I just wanted an answer to it all.

If this IS a plausible answer then I accept it, I really do, because it means I've got nothing to worry about and can finally get some peace of mind .

Can I take it that this is possibly solved ???

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Of course, that has always been a great possibility. Shutter speed and long exposure, plus being a crap cell phone camera, most definately caused these anomolies.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well, to me, it certainly looks like the top of a head of a small young boy with blonde hair...but don't listen to me..I use drugs..

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Then I can sleep tonight so thank you.

Oh and apology accepted....I was just a bit upset cos I knew there was no tampering with the photos or anything or a hoax, and I do hope you realise that now.

Please will you un-foe me !!

peace

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I can't believe all the posts re a yellow balloon - I totally agree with your opinion!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hi I have been reading this thread but could not find an explanation as to what the thing is that appears to be a child's hand on the door. I read only that it was nothing and has been there for ages. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask what precisely is this nothing that has been there for ages? Its presence certainly looks intriguing.

The yellow blob does remind me of an early ultrasound image but of course not the color or luminosity. The picture of you missing arms is scary looking. But I'm somewhat used to that sort of thing as I regularly try to snap photos of kids and pets and I get similar results with blur. The only thing I have never seen is anything to indicate there is glass between me and a subject when there in fact is not. Was there really no glass door or window between you and the camera or did I misread that?

I do hope you catch up on your missed sleep and are in good health. I doubt this all is anything more than some sort of camera glitch but if it were me, just to err on the side of caution I would go in for a checkup with my doctor just in case there is some sort of benevolent force trying to warn you. The yellow blob looked rather benign to me so I hope if it's anything at all it's a good blob!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Hey there,

Now the thing that appears to be a childs handprint, is actually red paint!
Its been there for a while and I always thought it resembled a handprint.

The good news is, its still there, and I'm going round to see her tomorrow night

So..a pic will be taken and posted of said handprint.

ALSO, other pics of me in the same location as before will be taken.
Obviously I will update on here as to the results.

There was NO glass btw, between myself and the door, the door was open.
I should hopefully be able to prove this once the pic of the " handprint " is taken

peace

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Could this pic be attributed to camera malfunction as well ??? What do ya think???

I'm so pleased Julie still had this because it was taken indoors on the same night, using the OTHER phone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d63d08fe303.jpg[/atsimg]

Make of phone is Sony ericsson Z750i......

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That's an interesting picture - here's some crude annotations on top:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6504f9b33f0e.jpg[/atsimg]

The white outlines are weird - I saw a generic 'grey' alien face (half of - so marked that for interest)

But the red outlines are obviously motion blur. You can see the line from the top of the mug going to above/left of your head.
And the angle of the arm is consistent through the movement, marked with arrows.

I'll be honest, that looks like sloppy photography. Nowhere near as strange or mysterious as your first picture.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
it looks like she sat down and the camera caught it.

motion blur.

otherwise how could the cup and arm go from that height?

did she have her arm and cup raised?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I had to post it because all my pics were blurry like this that night, so it had to be posted for anyone who wishes to analyze it.

Thanks for your input, because I know you know quite a bit about photography, so thanks for that

Weird though, that this was taken on the other phone......

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join