It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 2159, the Disarming American Citizens Act

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Has the government come up with a legal definition of the term terrorist?

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

There are others who would dispute what you say about him.

But the real point is whether what he says in the video has any validity.

I believe it has a lot of validity, and should not be ignored.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It seems as though the "numbing down" of this Nation is almost complete. Add the economy that is not producing much, especially jobs and you have an individual citizen simply trying to make it from day to day. Between the distractions (which have become irremediable) and the lack of (a real) education over the last several generations and you have the makings of an explosion between what use to be and what is now a reality worse than any nightmare. If their is a God (and I believe their is) then Help*************************immediately!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It appears that this bill is dead in the water; BUT, they will try again, and again, and one day, we'll all say, "its dead in the water," and one will pass. Then they have us by the balls.
Eric Holder must go.
Barry Soetoro must go.
All the thugs must go, but first they must be clearly recognized for what they are and what their goals really are.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't think it has any validity, given he is shilling his books about his "glory days" at RIA Novosti. He was a propaganda writer for the KGB, what makes you think he is anything but a propaganda writer now?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Authorizes the Attorney General to revoke firearms and explosives licenses and permits held by individuals determined to be engaged in terrorism."

Now, if you are afraid to be called a domestic terrorist then blame Bush. He's the one who stripped you of all your rights to begin with.

USA PATRIOT Act (H.R. 3162)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

There are four stages to a communist revolution. We are now at stage 3 (normalization). Stage four will be implemented after the citizenry is disarmed. The attached thread contains a video from a former KGB operative telling what is in store for the United States. This has been in the works for years, and it's interesting to hear it from someone involved in it's implementation twenty years ago. Amazingly, it's unfolded as he said. This video will make your jaw drop.

:sigh:

What Yuri Bezmenov said in 1985:

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already for the last 25 years. Actually, it's over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such tremendous success. Most of it is done by Americans to Americans thanks to lack of moral standards.

So, under Reagan the demoralization process was completed. And here I thought that the 80s were a boom time, full of patriotic flag-waving. Guess I have a faulty memory.

The next stage is destabilization.... It only takes 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation.

So, we were destabilized in the late 80s and early 90s. Odd that Bush Sr. had the entire country behind him for the first Iraq War, with patriotic fervor everywhere. Then we had an economic boom and in the 1990s. Hardly "destabilized."

But wait...he said that we were going through "Normalization" at the time of the video - again, 1985. How long is that supposed to take, anyway?

So, other than, well, everything we know, it's unfolded EXACTLY as he said.

Keep banging that drum about guns being banned as the last step. The right-wing's cries of wolf will result in no one listening if the time ever actually comes.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorwork
It appears that this bill is dead in the water; BUT, they will try again, and again, and one day, we'll all say, "its dead in the water," and one will pass. Then they have us by the balls.
Eric Holder must go.
Barry Soetoro must go.
All the thugs must go, but first they must be clearly recognized for what they are and what their goals really are.

But you guys aren't even answering the basic question.

What's so wrong with keeping guns and explosives out of the hands of terrorist? If you're a terrorist then get yourself off that list. Go in and say, "I'm on this terrorist list but I'm not a terrorist."

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

I don't think it has any validity, given he is shilling his books about his "glory days" at RIA Novosti. He was a propaganda writer for the KGB, what makes you think he is anything but a propaganda writer now?

What? There's no WAY that he would just tell the John Birch Society what they wanted to hear. That's just...completely plausible.

And of course it's also inconceivable that the Soviets would have a person PRETEND to defect, simply to spread disinformation to the credulous right-wing who will believe anything about Communist plots.

But, most likely he was a genuine defector and a believer in capitalism. So he sells books that embellish and reinforce what people already believe and rakes in the cash. Kinda like Sarah Palin, who has yet ANOTHER book coming out just a year after the last one. Grifters gotta grift.

[edit on 7/30/10 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

I agree entirely. I have no doubt he firmly believes in capitalism, at least enough to take advantage and sell "spy stories" about his time in the Soviet Union, who he can thank for his training, his skills, and his opportunities.

It's amazing that people are so quick to believed a confessed propagandist, but will scream "propaganda" at everyone else.

Oh, and thanks for bringing Sarah Palin up. My day wasn't going QUITE poorly enough, I certainly needed a headache on top of it

[edit on 7/30/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorwork
Eric Holder must go.
Barry Soetoro must go.

So, a REPUBLICAN introduces the bill, yet it's Obama's fault.

Keep blanking that chicken.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

What? There's no WAY that he would just tell the John Birch Society what they wanted to hear. That's just...completely plausible.

And of course it's also inconceivable that the Soviets would have a person PRETEND to defect, simply to spread disinformation to the credulous right-wing who will believe anything about Communist plots.

But, most likely he was a genuine defector and a believer in capitalism. So he sells books that embellish and reinforce what people already believe and rakes in the cash. Kinda like Sarah Palin, who has yet ANOTHER book coming out just a year after the last one. Grifters gotta grift.

[edit on 7/30/10 by mothershipzeta]

Fear sales guns like no other. I mean really, some of these guys have 10, 20, 100 guns stockpiled in their trailers. But they only got two hands! Right there means they have terrorist tendicies.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Cool, more fearmongering, not on the part of the OP however.
This is a move by the PTB to get enough small pockets of Militia to take up arms prematurely.
This bill simply cannot work.
Now for the fun part, Math!
There are roughly 4 million total people working for the US military.
Among these numbers are civilian employees, officers, National Guard, Etc.
Now keep in mind a lot of our personnel are in foreign countries saving the world from a brown man in a turban from blowing up other people.
But we will still use the 4 million number.
There are 330 million people in the US roughly.
None of these numbers are perfectly accurate and are just off the top educated guess.
So please no bagging on my numbers as they are quite close enough.
Now, if only 1% of the people are willing to fight we have 3.3 million.
Almost as much as the military, but history shows more like 3% of people would be ready to fight.
This brings our number to 9.9 million.
Now not all of the US military is close enough to the US to be effective, so we write them off, and of the US forces that are close enough not all are combat ready, and of those not all would be combat willing (see Oathkeeper).
Bottom line is, we got them surrounded.
So, the only way they can defeat us is in small packs.
Psyops are not allowed on US citizens by the Gubbment but that does not mean it doesn’t happen.
Don’t sweat this “Bill” for it has no will and no teeth whatsoever.
Something not all people understand is, this great nation was forged by the hands of terrorists, we now call them Patriots.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What's so wrong with keeping guns and explosives out of the hands of terrorist?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I agree entirely. I have no doubt he firmly believes in capitalism, at least enough to take advantage and sell "spy stories" about his time in the Soviet Union, who he can thank for his training, his skills, and his opportunities.

It's amazing that people are so quick to believed a confessed propagandist, but will scream "propaganda" at everyone else.

Oh, and thanks for bringing Sarah Palin up. My day wasn't going QUITE poorly enough, I certainly needed a headache on top of it

No problem. You betcha.

I think I'm going to publish a book about how Obama is doing all kinds of evil things to Americans. See, I'm a CIA agent. Feel free to ask the CIA if I'm legit, because you'll get a response that they can't confirm or deny my employment.

With National Review buying my book in bulk to give away to subscribers, I'll be at the top of the bestseller lists in no time, and raking in the cash.

I think Glenn Beck has it right - he's even better at the book shilling than the Divine Sarah. Too bad he sold his soul to do it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Fear sales guns like no other. I mean really, some of these guys have 10, 20, 100 guns stockpiled in their trailers. But they only got two hands! Right there means they have terrorist tendicies.

It's kinda like how ammo supplies were exhausted after Obama's election and the manufacturers made a ton of cash by exploiting the fears that he was gonna take their guns.

And after a year and a half...

So the "patriots" got screwed again, and of course they blame the wrong guy.

Remember the big brouhaha about trigger locks? The NRA fought that requirement as an infringement on our Second Amendment rights...until the bill exempted firearm manufacturers from being sued. Then the NRA supported the bill. That's right - they sold out their members and the American People to protect corporate interests.

The NRA is there for the gun industry, not for Joe Sixpack. But they continue to send in their dues, and donate money for their constant "OMG OBAMA'S COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!" mailings.

They're suspicious of the government - which is quite reasonable - yet they trust the NRA completely. And it's kinda sad to see them exploited...but, like a battered spouse, they pretend everything's fine.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

No problem. You betcha.

I think I'm going to publish a book about how Obama is doing all kinds of evil things to Americans. See, I'm a CIA agent. Feel free to ask the CIA if I'm legit, because you'll get a response that they can't confirm or deny my employment.

With National Review buying my book in bulk to give away to subscribers, I'll be at the top of the bestseller lists in no time, and raking in the cash.

I think Glenn Beck has it right - he's even better at the book shilling than the Divine Sarah. Too bad he sold his soul to do it.

You should work on your stage-crying, too. I hear that's the secret to Beck's success.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
What's so wrong with keeping guns and explosives out of the hands of terrorist?

Nothing, except that it all depends upon whom you delegate the authority to determine who is a terrorist, right?

That is a damned slippery slope. We are talking about the possibility of this proposal to enable the rights of American Citizens to be abridged by ONE MAN's decision - something I am not comfortable with.

American CITIZENS should be immune to this, or it is unconstitutional; I see NOTHING in this proposal that states that.

Foreign nationals should be its target; but it feels too much like a tool to use against us citizens - and give the government an inch and they'll be ready to take a mile - just look at what happened with the federal income tax they started so as to pay for the civil war.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Straining at gnats.....
Are you familiar with the term ,OP?
This is a Republican legislation....It has nothing to do with President Obama...
Since for basic premise is obviously biased ....what is the point.fail.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You do understand that you are advocating the violent overthrow of both the Constitution and the legitimately elected government of the United States of America ,right?
As well as attempting to instigate mutiny in the duly sworn armed forces of this great nation?
Very probably border line sedition too,since you're advocating this mutiny and encouraging others to 'stand' with you....
...and by the way,when you casually disrespect the Duly Elected President of the United States...Barak Obama...by refering to him as Barry Soteoro...You tip off your true feeling and motivations...black white or purple...he's the better man then what looks back out of any reflective surface.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join