It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 2159, the Disarming American Citizens Act

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lupin

A great naton? I wonder how you would define 'great'? What meaning exactly do you ascribe to that word? In what way do you consider America to be great?

America, with the possible exception of Israel, is the most terrorist nation on the planet.

Thanks to US led initiatives, there have been constant wars in the last many years - Vietnam, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq. Now they are chumping at the bit to invade Iran.

Thanks to US led initiatives, Big Pharma rules supreme, poisoning millions of people across the globe, and poisoning our water and our food chain.

Thanks to US led initiatives, mass compulsory poisoning by toxic vaccines are hovering just down the road.

Thanks to US led Banksters' fraud corruption and greed, the world is close to total economic collapse.

Thenks to US led corporate corruption, terrorism and greed, 2/3 of the world have been kept in abject poverty and exploited beyond belief.

Thanks to US led corporate corruption, terrorism and greed, free-trade and competition are a thing of the past. Corporate monopoly is instated in its place.

Thanks to US led complicity with terrorist Israel, and US financial support for this terrorist country, millions of Palestinians are murdered and lives completely ruined. Israeli terrorism reins supreme with the unconditional moral, political, military and financial support of the US.

Thanks to US led massive entertainment industry, basic values are trashed, morals crushed, through the worldwise export of their mind-manipulating, society destroying garbage propaganda in the guise of films and tv programmes.

The list is long. I could go on but I'll stop there. If this is 'great', give me 'modest' any day.

Your brand of American greatness is a scurge on the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bayou Bullet

May be I am stupid but I follow closely any congressional bill filed pertaining to handguns, rifles, and ammunition. In fact, my son (a computer programmer) wrote me a program that alerts my computer when such type bills are filed.

NOW: H.R. 2159 was filed in April 2009. It went to committee and they voted to sent it to a subcommittee which is usually a KISS OF DEATH for a bill. I have not seen this bill pop-up on my computer screen since last year.

If ! am wrong, send me the link to find current info. If you please.

In God and My Guns I Do Trust

Freedommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Its is indeed dead however, here at ATS we do not let things like facts get in the way of good rant about Obama going into to small towns and taking peoples guns. Its amazing how easy it is to manipulate the people here.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I surmise that many "posters" on this site are under the age of 21yrs or have nothing better to do, are foreign scum who hate the U.S. for one reason or another and some are just here to disrupt. Mainly mental midgets.

Take the FEAR of the Mandatory Evacuation of 40 million people on the Gulf Coast due to the oil leak. Logistically IMPOSSIBLE. Gun confiscation imposed on 40 million people, Logistically IMPOSSIBLE. DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT The "Brits" and "Aussies" they have and are Commonwealth Subjects voluntarily turning in their Arms, this here NOT there---nuff said about that. Dumb and Stupid are closing ranks.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Obama's communist history.

www.youtube.com...

I post this as a follow up to the video about the 4 stages for imposing communism in any given country, and the analysis that US is well into that process.

www.youtube.com...

This relates to the topic because I believe that complacency is a mistake regarding total confidence in the death of this bill, and any of the many bills which are being submitted/and or passed which severely curtain civic and human rights.

This anti-terrorism thing has become totally manic within the government.
How many Americans have been attacked? How many killed by domestic terrorism?

Don't get me wrong, I deeply abhor the loss of life on 9/11 and feel terribly sorry for the famlies and friends who lost loved ones.

I still believe 9/11 was government sponsored terrorism, but that's irrelevant to his thread.

But their manic hype about terrorism is being deliberately kept at fever pitch.

Other countries in the past have suffered and withstood much worse. In UK, for example, for many years the IRA repeatedly carried out terrorist attacks on UK mainland and UK interests abroad. Spain has withstood years of terrorist attacks by the Basque activists.

The point I am making, is that despite prolonged terror attacks in those counties over many years, civil liberties and human rights were NEVER removed or scrapped on this scale in response to the terrorist attacks.

So, what is currently going on begs the question - why?

I believe the video posted earlier gives a clear explanation as to why.

Those people who smugly state such a bill will never past must still believe there is some form of democracy going on in America. There isn't.

Believe me, when they want to outlaw guns it will be passed. They will use all their 'democratic' tactics of blackmail, intimidation, threats, etc, to getit through. They will do whatever it takes. But when they want it passed, because it serves the purpose of the Zionist agenda, it WILL pass.

I still find it hard to comprehend that a bill allowing US citizens to be murdered by the authorities, without any evidence as to what they may be suspected of, without any judicial process, has been passed - and Americans have accepted it and let it happen. It is a license to murder.

Once they have ALL the laws in place which they require to protect themselves from any legal or political backlash, they will crack down like you can't begin to imagine.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As a Canadian Citizen I am actually glad that the American Government wants to try to disarm it's citizens. Americans have too many guns, and those guns cause a lot of problems for other countries. "The right to bear arms", has been twisted and manipulated. It was originally "The right to bear arms against foreign adversaries". People in America almost need to be armed, because everyone else is. I believe registration is the way, if you have nothing to hide, you certainly have nothing to fear. The example I leave you with is this; Canadian marijuana (a harmless drug) growers grow weed in exchange for illegal guns with American gangs. Our gang-bangers here can't afford guns, because we keep our prices high (life isn't cheap). The guns they get are only being used for illegal means. Registered gun users in Canada are very rarely involved in crime. Watch Bowling for Colombine.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSROT
reply to post by MrSpad

I surmise that many "posters" on this site are under the age of 21yrs or have nothing better to do, are foreign scum who hate the U.S. for one reason or another and some are just here to disrupt. Mainly mental midgets.

Take the FEAR of the Mandatory Evacuation of 40 million people on the Gulf Coast due to the oil leak. Logistically IMPOSSIBLE. Gun confiscation imposed on 40 million people, Logistically IMPOSSIBLE. DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT The "Brits" and "Aussies" they have and are Commonwealth Subjects voluntarily turning in their Arms, this here NOT there---nuff said about that. Dumb and Stupid are closing ranks.

Well I am aware alot of people come here to just post stuff to get a rise out of people. They find it funny. I am guessing the OP is one of them so he can laugh at all the people, who instead of thinking and researching for themselves, jump on the bang wagon and start ranting. They smuggly call others sheep but, seem to miss that they are the very definition of the word. Its almost like reason should be tossed out to be here. Look I am all about having a little fun with all the crazy stuff on here but, somebody who is less than stable might start taking this stuff for fact and do someting stupid.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As a side note to WCitizens claim, do your research on what the criteria is to own a handgun or any gun in Ireland, the UK or spain.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I disagree with the emailer/OP's title change...

Disarming makes it sound like the "arm" will be taken away from you (i.e., to disarm). Denying a firearm to a "terrorist"...means they can't get it in the first place.

At any rate, it's typical semantically broad language: terrorist is broadly described and material support (so if I give a donation to what I otherwise believed was a nice charity organization that turns out to be labeled a "terrorist org" I am then a material supporter, no?)

It doesn't matter to me either way, I don't have money to give to charities and I don't have a gun.

But I do post things and maybe that is material support by broadest definition.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Wow. The logic you apply here exposes a belief that the poorer levels of society are all crackheads and unworthy of the same treatment as others more wealthy, and should not have the same right to defend themselves as anybody else.

Wow...lost for words.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Has the government come up with a legal definition of the term terrorist?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

It doesn't cost much to buy a stolen gun from a crackhead, either.

The legal Joe Schmoe pays a ton for his gun, then crackhead Mike steals it form his house when he isn't home. How much did it cost Mike? Nothing.
How much does Crackhead Mike need to turn a profit? Not too much, eh?

Gun control schemes come in lots of different flavors, and they all taste bad to me!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In the words of Charlton Heston: "From my cold, dead hands".

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Any responsible gun owner should have their handguns locked up in a safe when not at home. My safe is bolted to a concrete floor as well as the wall behind it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I'm not saying that those without money don't have equal rights to weapons at all seeing that your twisting my words like that I'm saying it WILL keep guns out of the hands of criminals. I'm using the crackhead scenario because it's a common one, petty crimes committed by desperate people. Everyone should have a right to defend themselves. But keeping the cost of guns up does help protect everyone as a whole.

Oh and btw if you would like to know I my self can't afford a gun and I don't really care, if it keeps it out of the hands of criminals who need a gun to rob a store by all means.. I appreciate you jumping to conclusions about what kind of person I am.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

completely right -- my star to you

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
They tried to outlaw whiskey and the bootleggers made whiskey that much more available, and wanted.

If they try to outlaw the Second Amendment, the black market gun trade will flourish even more than it already is today.

There was a news story the other day that Afghan rebels are doing their own gun smithing. The rebels are putting together their AK-47s out of spare parts and what not. Obviously the Afghan rebels....in dirt poor Afghanistan.....are very inventive when it comes to supplying themselves with automatic weapons.

In uber rich America, you'd think it'd be somewhat simple to gun smith within the privacy of your home. I mean, a relatively intelligent American could probably figure out a way to make an automatic out of old black powder rifles. Necessity being the mother of invention, and all that American know-how talk.

Russia has built a number of Kalashnikov manufacturing plants in Venezuela. Presumably Russia is capable of building Kalashnikov manufacturing plants most anywhere in Latin America.....including near the Mexican border. I should think that if the Second Amendment were outlawed in the good old U.S. of A......your friendly Russian Mafiya gun dealer will be more than happy to sell you a Kalahsnikov.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
how to take control 101, first step, denie ones ability to defend them self, make it harder for them to own small arms, so only the rich will have them and the means of owning them, some have new, some have old, some can get custom, some have Full auto, FFL, most have not payed one cent for theirs, are they worried about the gov the UN or any one else? get a clue people you will be unarmed or will be illegal your self, and how much will you pay before then, box of 22 was at one time 1.00$ now 10.00$ 3006 was 12cents per round, now $250 for 500 rounds, freedom can be taken , it can be held on too. depending on how much you will pay for it, think about this, when the ammo is gone, what good is your gun?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Ok, sorry if I misunderstood...and thanks for your kind reply.

I just believe we have to pretty much examine all the messages we have received and been told for years by the respective corrupt governments and their puppets, the MSM.

I think we are in a time when we need to re-define pretty much everything for ourselves.

Such I believe is the case for the message that poverty = greater crime.

Statistics can so easily be used - construed or misconstrued - to support pretty much any argument.

In this case, since the majority of any population is usually the poorer masses the bottom of the pyramid so to speak, there will logically be a greater number of poorer people who commit crimes. Just for arguments sake, and I have no idea of the real statistics right now, say 10% of each stratum of society is guilty of some sort of crime. 10% of the poorer majority will give a bigger number than 10% of the next stratum up, and so on.

But, I believe there is an aspect of myth about this 'poorer' stratum being more inclined to crime.

It is true that they are more often caught and convicted. BUT, look at the crime at the top of the pyramid, amongst the most wealthy and powerful stratum. I would guess that the percentage of the elite who are involved in crime rises exponentially amongst this group.

The greatest crimes today are being committed on a monumental scale by this very group of elite. Their crimes are never included in the crime statiscis. Their crimes go covered up and unchallenged, but it IS crime, on a massive scale.

This same elite, who want to restrict gun laws, will NOT give up their own guns, nor will they give up their armed body guards. Once again, it is one law for the people and one law for them.

When the crunch comes, and it will, you want to be sure that every ordinary citizen, wealthy or poor, has the right to defend themselves, their families and other people.

I am reminded of a response Simone Weil gave to someone who asked her how Naziism could possibly have gained the power it did in Germany.
Her response was that 'little by little, drop by drop, the bucket filled and no-one did anything to stop it. By the time the bucket was full, people were up in arms, but it was too late. They had all the power by then.'

[edit on 30-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo
We simply cannot let this bill pass!!

It was referred to committee over a year ago. It's not going anywhere.

Oh, and you mentioned that DHS report that was prepared under Bush...

The murder of George Tiller, the Holocaust Museum attack, the shootings at the Pentagon, the I-580 shootout...

www.rightwingwatch.org...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

thinkprogress.org...

seminal.firedoglake.com...

Nope, nothing to see here. Just random acts by...uh...liberals...

Seriously. Who even knew about the Tides Foundation until Glenn Beck started raving about them a few weeks ago? And then someone sets out to shoot up the place. Odd timing.

Would people be so quick to dismiss these "random" terrorist incidents if they were perpetrated by Muslims?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Bezmenov is hardly a "KGB" or "communism" expert. He was a journalist who was used to pass information for the KGB while in India, and who then betrayed his homeland to sell books. He was never a high ranking KGB officer, never worked in the Ideology department, and certainly never worked to effect a communist revolution. To say that he is any of those things is laughable to someone like me who actually understands and lived the Soviet system.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join