It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 2159, the Disarming American Citizens Act

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Greetings ATS. They're at it once again - this tyrranic assault against Americans is growing very tiresome!

I recieved this email today:

Please forgive my bluntness, but the United States Government thinks you’re a terrorist.

And now they’re trying to pass a bill allowing gun-grabbing Attorney General Eric Holder to revoke all your Second Amendment rights at will if he has “a reasonable belief” you could pose a “threat.” I know this sounds unbelievable, but read on.

As you know, in a recently released report, the goons at Barack Obama’s Department of Homeland Security classified gun owners, honorably discharged veterans and little old church ladies as threats to the security and stability of the United States of America.

Even a gesture as simple as placing a pro-gun bumper sticker on your car, or supporting a pro-gun candidate makes you a potential “domestic terrorist” in the eyes of the thugs running our government. Obviously, your First Amendment rights of free speech mean as much to Obama’s Department of Homeland Security as your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

And to add insult to injury, Barack Obama’s Surveillance Czar Janet Napolitano sees no difference between law-abiding gun owners like you and violent racists who murder and vandalize. But if that’s not shocking and outrageous enough, it gets worse . . .

Republican quislings Peter King of New York, Mark Kirk of Illinois and Mike Castle of Delaware have introduced a new gun control bill that comes right out of this so-called “Rightwing Extremist” report. I’m talking about H.R. 2159, the shockingly misnamed “Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009.”

I call it the “Disarming American Citizens Act of 2009.”

These anti-gun Republicans-in-Name-Only want to disarm you because they fear your pro-liberty views. In fact, your love of freedom frightens them so much that they’re now going to great lengths to label you a domestic terrorist. It’s the perfect way to silence “troublemakers” like you and me, and to marginalize our influence.

And make no mistake: If Congress passes H.R. 2159, Eric Holder would have the authority to deny thousands of innocent Americans their constitutionally protected rights. But this bill isn’t just about Eric Holder taking away your Second Amendment rights if you’re “appropriately suspected” of “terrorism.”

H.R. 2159 also allows Holder and his team of gun-grabbing henchmen to “withhold” any and all evidence from you or a court if Holder & co. “determine” that it might “compromise national security.”

These are the same people who labeled small government advocates potential “domestic terrorists!” Who cares what they “determine”? Even more ridiculous, H.R. 2159 says the courts “must” rely on Holder’s personally “redacted versions” or “summaries” of the “evidence” he supposedly has against you and he never has to release the evidence he claims to have!

They could annul your Second Amendment rights and convict you in a court of “law” without a shred of actual evidence . . . legally! You already know Attorney General Eric Holder is Barack Obama’s most ruthless anti-gun henchman. And we all know what Barack Obama himself thinks of gun owners.

As a candidate, he claimed you and I were “bitter” uneducated folks “clinging” to guns out of hatred and frustration. And now as President, he and Surveillance Czar Janet Napolitano have gone a step further in declaring gun rights activists and pro-gun voters domestic terrorist threats. To make matters worse, Republican scalawags Mike Castle and Mark Kirk -- both notorious anti-gunners -- are working with Obama and Democrat Carolyn McCarthy to strip you of your most fundamental freedoms.

If H.R. 2159 becomes law, Eric Holder -- or any other Attorney General for that matter -- will be allowed to disarm you based on your political views without having to provide any evidence for his claims. The National Association for Gun Rights is ready to stop H.R. 2159, the Disarming American Citizens Act. I’m committed to this fight. Are you?

Let me give you an idea of what gun owners are up against.

With anti-gun Barack Obama in the White House, and Nancy Pelosi ruling the House of Representatives with an iron fist, our only hope to stop the Disarming American Citizens Act is in the Senate. As I’ve told you before, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid finds himself between a rock and a hard place. Even as his re-election to the Senate from pro-gun Nevada is very much in doubt, anti-gunners like Sarah Brady and MoveOn.org are pressuring him to do their bidding in Washington.

To break a politician like Harry Reid, NAGR needs to stir up a hornet’s nest of discontent among gun owners across the country and especially in targeted states like Nevada. The good news is we have the ability to contact hundreds of thousands of gun owners by phone, fax, email and traditional mail. Unfortunately, reaching gun owners in a timely manner takes resources we simply don’t have. But no matter what, we simply cannot let H.R. 2159, the Disarming American Citizens Act, become law.

here's the language of H.R. 2159: Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009 The Email appropriately renamed this bill to the title of this OP.

So what is it ? If this bill passes We here in America are screwed! This is the biggest assault against Americans ever, and Eric Holder has his hands all in on this bill, thanks to Charles Rangel in New York.

We simply cannot let this bill pass!!

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Friend, it wont happen.

The average cop on the street, the average soldier in uniform...

WILL NOT DO THIS!

You will have ENTIRE towns armed to the teeth as soon as the first waves start.

You'll have sentries at the corners of neighborhood.

You'll have watchdogs watching for "anything suspicious".

I dont doubt that POS Holder and Co. have this as a wet dream but it will not happen. Too many of "US", not enough of them.

What are they gonna do? Carpet bomb small towns? They'd have to!

Vigilance friend.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
it would be difficult to approach a man rapidly firing an sks-m with a thirty round magazine at medium range

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Over 250,000,000 (250 million) KNOWN guns in the private population hands. Come and get em.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Have you seen the vid where 6 big cops jump on, and take an unloaded revolver from a little old lady during Katrina?
There is a lot of little old ladies who keep em loaded...
ooops! Here's a couple wine corks Sonny, now get off my rug!

PS Coppers: If the US gov wont pay for health care for the 911 rescuers and clean up crews, do think that the us gov will pay for your bullet holes?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
it would be difficult to approach a man rapidly firing an sks-m with a thirty round magazine at medium range

..or an AR with a 30-round mag, with 30 more loaded mags on his person. Just speculating out loud here.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Not sure if I should be saying this...but in my local parts of the state, my once fellow employees and I used to talk about if this would ever happen (among other things like zombie invasions, and end of the world survival type scenarios). Funny enough, though, I used to work with a few ex-military and just some crazies - But they all agreed that especially in this area of the state people would kill to defend their rights to keep their firearms. I, myself, would most likely be included (unless I start thinking of the possibility that the country would revert itself to the use of medieval weaponry (fat chance)). One of the guys I worked with even gave me his strategic plans for his little village (which is actually kind of surrounded by a moat-ish river and a mountain) to defend himself against anything...I mean ANYTHING. SO, there you have it, I believe if a little old part of Pennsylvania would be this willing to defend their rights...Just imagine what others would do.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

I used to clean a police station and heard some cops talking about gun control and martial law. They were saying that they don't want it and won't support it. Basically, said that if they were ordered to round up guns, they wouldn't do it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I believe that such a bill if passed would cause the immediate secession of the Commonwealth of Virginia - See ATS Post

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The world around us is getting crazier and crazier. These so called people currently running the USofA NEED to be taken out of office before they destroy America.

A coordinated effort in recall MUST begin America!

A coordinated effort in recall MUST begin America!

either that, or expect war to break out upon your own front lawn!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Might actually be helpful to read the bill before assuming.

While this is a stupid bill for many many reasons, it's not what the OP is thinking it is, and I will say this with the inflection it deserves:

Day aint taken yer gunz away!

Ok jeffro, dis iz hows it be goin' dis here bill be bout not givin' dem dar terrists papers lettin um sell gunz to der terrist buddies. Y'all got dat? Da gubermint aint takin yer gunz away!

I swear, fear mongering at it's worst. Yes, I will agree this is a stupid bill and it shouldn't pass, I have to say that if anyone writes any gun legislation the nuts come out of the woodwork and show people exactly why gun control just might be needed in this country.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I had to chuckle when I read this.

Where I live, there are so many country boys
with shotguns and rifles on the gun rack in their
4X4's that it makes the local NG Armory look
like a Bingo Parlor.

It would be suicide to try and take them.
But I guess if they wanna try,
they'll find out on their own.

And like another poster stated,
if this passes, NC will be first in line
to secede. By golly, we have done it before

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yawn...

I don't know why people get worked up over stuff like this. I haven't read through the bill and probably won't. Why? The last legislative action on this bill occurred more than a year ago. Its dead. The same bill (S. 1317) was introduced into the Senate at the same time. Its also dead.

I don't trust them to protect our 2nd amendment rights, either, but lets not panic over a bill that we know is not going to pass.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

THANK YOU!

Jun 12, 2009: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

www.govtrack.us...

But they uttered the magic words, "gun control". Which means every gun nut and freak is going to come in here bleating "They can take my gun out of my cold dead hand!"

It's sad, but you get to see who the truly dumb are.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Might actually be helpful to read the bill before assuming.

While this is a stupid bill for many many reasons, it's not what the OP is thinking it is, and I will say this with the inflection it deserves:

Day aint taken yer gunz away!

Ok jeffro, dis iz hows it be goin' dis here bill be bout not givin' dem dar terrists papers lettin um sell gunz to der terrist buddies. Y'all got dat? Da gubermint aint takin yer gunz away!

I swear, fear mongering at it's worst. Yes, I will agree this is a stupid bill and it shouldn't pass, I have to say that if anyone writes any gun legislation the nuts come out of the woodwork and show people exactly why gun control just might be needed in this country.

Condescension is definately your strong suit. I realize your a liberal elitist but I have a question...

Would you have the stones to do it in the OP's face?

Doubt it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Would you have the stones to do it in the OP's face?

More than likely. Course, I do that as a matter of course at my job. It's part of my nature to be condescending and a total prick.

I would be much more conciliatory if the OP was correct in his GIANT MASSIVE ASSUMPTION. But he took an Email, and without bothering to do any independent research whatsoever. Made a fear mongering thread out of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's a dead bill, long forgotten but you can still rile up the ignorant by bringing it up. Make more self righteous tea partiers and give more fuel to the Glenn Beck crowd. Right OP? Isn't that your intention all along?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As the vid I mentioned proved..
they don't need no steeeenkin bill to jump on UNARMED or UNLOADED peeps.
look it up it is one of many...

There will be a perennial attack on the constitution in every which way possible...from the tyrant - o - sore - @$$ed - wreck - tillians

picking nits...that'll stop em.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

There are four stages to a communist revolution. We are now at stage 3 (normalization). Stage four will be implemented after the citizenry is disarmed. The attached thread contains a video from a former KGB operative telling what is in store for the United States. This has been in the works for years, and it's interesting to hear it from someone involved in it's implementation twenty years ago. Amazingly, it's unfolded as he said. This video will make your jaw drop. Must watch.www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by astrogolf]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

READ THE LINK I PROVIDED!

It's a dead bill!

It's going nowhere!

No one is after your guns!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join