It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How this Crisis Will Play Out - 2010 and beyond

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by nlouise

Originally posted by BloodCROSS
OK guys you are all forgetting one thing AFRICA, soon africa will take over slowly we are becoming stronger and more united, we have the force needed all we need is resources and education which is becoming a reality

Maybe so, but this is the list TPTB show right now.

United States
China
Israel
India
Russia
Korea, South
Korea, North
United Kingdom
Turkey
Pakistan

[edit on 1-8-2010 by nlouise]

I'm sorry, I went back a few pages, and I couldn't find reference to this list. What is it for? Why those countries and not others? I've lost track of some of the discussion somewhere I think.

Bloodcross was saying that africa is moving up the economic structure. I was just listing the order of the top 10 online. That's all it was.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

My true colors are that I know a lot more than you about this. If your understand is really so simple, then I should not have insulted you because you are doing the best you can.

It's clearly you that needs to get a better understanding of the issue, but thanks for your incite to your traveling experiences. The one thing I always learn while traveling is that the world is quite complex and a year long or more trip through areas barely scratches the surface about the cultures we meet. Sounds like you have had some interesting experiences.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by snowspirit

OP seems to predict that Israel will give up waiting and just start things, and they will be disappointed when the US stays out. Guys like Netanyahu saying they run our foreign policy would be wrong in this case.

I can the pressure coming from Israel to go in, and the pressure from China that we don't. In this case, China now has an important voice.

I think I had heard that China has an oil pipeline connected to Iran, and possibly water also. Plus didn't Russia used to supply Iran with weapons?
They definitely have some other allies over there, aside from possibly China and Russia. I sure hope the US is staying away from this one, and if Israel goes in that they are on their own. Too many players this time.

Also this morning in Jerusalem Post they have an article about how China is investing money in oil from Iran to the tune of $40 billion.

www.jpost.com...

EDIT: By the way, you know what's sad? After all the trillions that went through the FED between Bush and Obama, that $40 Billion doesn't even sound so big anymore. Crazy isn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51
Get him...

That's pretty clear. I'm putting you on ignore now though, so you don't have to worry about my quoting you again.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seekersc

So how many bad predictions do you think is necessary before you realize WV is tossing out junk? I see the excuses coming up strong to support the failures. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

... By the way, you know what's sad? After all the trillions that went through the FED between Bush and Obama, that $40 Billion doesn't even sound so big anymore. Crazy isn't it? ...

Yes in the macroeconomic scheme of things it isn't a lot any more. We count in trillions. But our wealth and income sure hasn't gone up like that.

It shows how we are being diminished economically in the grand scheme of things by the "shadow economy" of non-bank banks and derivatives. And then being expected to bail out astronomically large losses from that system.

If this situation were described as a hypothetical of what could happen, rather than a history that we have already seen happen, the usual reaction would be "Boy everyone would be up in arms! They wouldn't stand for it!" But you see, we could do nothing so far.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

Where did you get that list? You have missed almost all of the economic powerhouses of the world. You include North Korea which is ranked 97th in the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here's a weird article this morning on Prince Charles.

His duty is to save the world.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I just can't see anyone really taking him all that serious as an AC. They probably keep this guy out of the spotlight for reasons other than privacy. He's probably wacko and they don't want the public to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

That's an interesting article! If someone is assumed to be trying to save the world, they will be able to get away with a lot. I don't care one way or the other if he really believes it.

What I found most interesting about it is that he, and the article's author, are now talking about "when" he's king. We used to think that he would be skipped in favor of one of his (nominal) sons, didn't we? I guess that may have changed!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by nlouise

Where did you get that list? You have missed almost all of the economic powerhouses of the world. You include North Korea which is ranked 97th in the world.

I stand corrected. When I went back to get the link it was top ten in Military. It was late last night when I posted this.

The top ten economic are, according to www.weforum.org...

Switzerland
US
Singapore
Sweden
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Japan
Canada
Netherlands

The next report out in September will probably have China in 2nd place?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

That's an interesting article! If someone is assumed to be trying to save the world, they will be able to get away with a lot. I don't care one way or the other if he really believes it.

What I found most interesting about it is that he, and the article's author, are now talking about "when" he's king. We used to think that he would be skipped in favor of one of his (nominal) sons, didn't we? I guess that may have changed!

That's what I thought. As somone mentioned before, even Hitler seemed wimpy before his turn came up. Maybe P Charles is the candidate? I just don't see him as having any real charisma, if that is one of the traits. I can't even understand him when he speaks. He has that liverpool type accent.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

... By the way, you know what's sad? After all the trillions that went through the FED between Bush and Obama, that $40 Billion doesn't even sound so big anymore. Crazy isn't it? ...

Yes in the macroeconomic scheme of things it isn't a lot any more. We count in trillions. But our wealth and income sure hasn't gone up like that.

It shows how we are being diminished economically in the grand scheme of things by the "shadow economy" of non-bank banks and derivatives. And then being expected to bail out astronomically large losses from that system.

If this situation were described as a hypothetical of what could happen, rather than a history that we have already seen happen, the usual reaction would be "Boy everyone would be up in arms! They wouldn't stand for it!" But you see, we could do nothing so far.

Yep. And I think the reason no one is up in arms over it is because we have become a police state. A person could probably go to prison for spitting on the sidewalk these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Lots of discussion on the subject. I have tried to look up references. I did not need them because I was there in 1962!

www.time.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

There are many more. But I trust these would suffice

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I am looking at the forest and not counting the trees! Wide Vision may be wrong on many points. In fact, I hope he is! But his overall theme rings several chords with me. But I think that the month of August will conclusively tell the outline of the story that seems to be unfolding. My purpose is not to find excuses for Wide Vision or anyone else for that matter-just to make sure that we are not hasty in our assessment.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

Yeah, that new list makes much more sense. It would make sense Canada would be left off any military list
but economically we are in really good shape. Confusion is gone now.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

Yeah, that new list makes much more sense. It would make sense Canada would be left off any military list
but economically we are in really good shape. Confusion is gone now.

Sorry about that.
I stayed up way past my bedtime last night. The only point I was trying to make was that the lists of top 10s don't have Africa on them. But in light of the way things are going economically, I wouldn't be suprised to see that happen. Anything is possible these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seekersc

The first two links give the impression that the territory was at least disputed, maybe it was land Britain had taken from China and now that Britain was gone, China expected it back. They were very businesslike about moving the British out of Hong Kong on schedule, too.

I guess I didn't hear much about it because I was a young child, and we were "busy" with the Cuban Missile Crisis and civil defense drills, learning to get under our desks and cover our necks with our hands, to protect ourselves from nuclear blasts.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
New oil spill sullies Locust Bayou near border of Terrebonne, St. Mary

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oops!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OK. This may sound like a dumb question, but if the gulf oil is in US territory, why are foriegners pumping it? And why are we buying it from the foriegners?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

great article in Mother Jones about "who really owns the Gulf of Mexico"

motherjones.com...

Also... read up on the beautiful UN "Law of the Sea" Treaty which is still being pushed to be adopted, giving the UN 7/10th authority over the Earth's surface, and creating a huge bureaucratic agency called "Enterprise" which would tax ALL commercial use of the high seas and give the money to the UN. A huge cash cow for the UN.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join